(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 326.
#13651 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've looked in the manual, but can't see the info.
I have two broken screws in my right flipper assy. It's not the smaller hex heads that hold the coil stops, but the larger ones that hold the coil bracket on the other end. 6k games and i'm putting a kit in for both flippers.
Being in a metric country i can't just buy a bunch at the store and try them out but have to order them in.
So would someone who knows for sure tell me what size these screws are so i can see if i can find some in Australia please?
[quoted image]

Coil Bracket 8-32 X 3/8" HWH SWAGE (237-5975-00)
Coil Stop 10-32 X 1/2" SLT SER HW SWAGE (237-5985-01)

#13653 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I think I confirmed from just watching this video that boom will NOT collect super jackpot in Ninja multiball.

At around 19:12 the player has 106,419,920 point with just the super lit, he then presses the Boom and after that the score jumps to a whopping 106,824,920 for a total boom value of 405,000 points. So I guess save you booms in that case.
I'll keep an eye on booms in battles, but new strategy might be just save them for quests if I'm going for progress over points.

That guy shakes the machine so violently. Try that on location and find out what happens lol

#13654 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

So after 50k plays what are the main issues you have encountered over the years aside from general wear and tear? Are there any specific areas that have needed more attention than others? How are your plastics holding up?
As a home owner with a few thousand plays on mine coil sleeves/stops are basically the only thing I have had to replace. Oh and replacing the post sleeves with something more durable, in particular the 2 around little DP. Those got chewed up pretty quick on stock but have held up very well since switching to the Super Band variety.

I did a whole superband ring kit and not one ring has shredded apart yet.
Always rotate the rings some that you can during each cleaning.
2 scoops switches have been replaced.
4 sets of coil sleeves and coil stops have been replaced.
The right ramp loop moves enough to chip the playfield art some.
The plunger lane will wear of mylar eventually.
The spring on the ninja ramp post will break in half eventually.
Also a few plungers have been broken as geniuses slap them instead of pull them on location...
Also some flipper buttons popped out so I just replaced them.
Nothing Major

#13655 1 year ago

Something funky is going on with my precious DP, it's literally dead when I turn it on. Only thing that works are the speaker lights, nothing else. Never had this happen before with any game. Any tips on what I should look for much appreciated.

#13656 1 year ago

Installed a set of flipper guard rails on a DP PRO for location...

#13657 1 year ago

Just got my DP Pro on the weekend! OMG, love it! Hell of a lot of fun! And its gots my kids playing more pinball!

When you hit the Boom button, does it show you what the value of the Boom would have been or was? I haven't had the chance to look up!

#13658 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Something funky is going on with my precious DP, it's literally dead when I turn it on. Only thing that works are the speaker lights, nothing else. Never had this happen before with any game. Any tips on what I should look for much appreciated.

Mine takes an arbitrarily long time to boot up, was like that out of the box.. Does it eventually boot up if you give it a couple of minutes?

Advice I got from my distributor was to get a new SD card for it, but it only takes about 60-70 seconds to boot up and after that it works just fine.. so I haven't taken the time to do the new SD card.

Might be possible to more properly diagnose if you can pull the backglass off and share what you see the various LEDs doing.

#13660 1 year ago

Hey guys,

Most likely issue with this? Killed flipper mid game and next ball, it plunged all 6 balls in shooter lane I am hoping it's like older Stern and just the through opto connector but i am not sure on spike 2?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1541107945?t=00h16m46s

#13661 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I did a whole superband ring kit and not one ring has shredded apart yet.
Always rotate the rings some that you can during each cleaning.
2 scoops switches have been replaced.
4 sets of coil sleeves and coil stops have been replaced.
The right ramp loop moves enough to chip the playfield art some.
The plunger lane will wear of mylar eventually.
The spring on the ninja ramp post will break in half eventually.
Also a few plungers have been broken as geniuses slap them instead of pull them on location...
Also some flipper buttons popped out so I just replaced them.
Nothing Major

Thanks for the details! Sounds like it is holding up great.

What is the "spring on the ninja ramp post"? Drop ramp on the Prem/LE?

#13662 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Hey guys,
Most likely issue with this? Killed flipper mid game and next ball, it plunged all 6 balls in shooter lane I am hoping it's like older Stern and just the through opto connector but i am not sure on spike 2?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1541107945?t=00h16m46s

I take it you have looked in settings for any Tech notices and run a switch test?

But you could try to reseat the connections to the trough boards and the main node board they attach to. If you open the coin door there are connectors on either side of the trough and if you trace that back there is 1 connector on the node board 8.

#13663 1 year ago

The only shot I don’t like in the game is the Colossus shot. It’s so tight and it’s partially obscured from view, making it difficult to know if I even made it.

Does anyone know why they didn’t make it a loop AROUND the Hellhouse scoop instead of to the left of it?

#13664 1 year ago

This is what it is all about, folks! My friends 5 year old son getting his first taste of pinball. I totally see the joy pinball brings me ignited in this young gentleman's eyes.He was so focused on doing well and hitting the ball with the flippers. They came over for a visit today for the first time since getting DP! I am glad the little guy approves! Just wanted to share.

IMG_20220725_200029 (resized).jpgIMG_20220725_200029 (resized).jpgIMG_20220725_200044 (resized).jpgIMG_20220725_200044 (resized).jpgIMG_20220725_200052 (resized).jpgIMG_20220725_200052 (resized).jpg
#13665 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

The only shot I don’t like in the game is the Colossus shot. It’s so tight and it’s partially obscured from view, making it difficult to know if I even made it.
Does anyone know why they didn’t make it a loop AROUND the Hellhouse scoop instead of to the left of it?

Geometry? That shot is tough, but awesome. If you hit it right and get the exit to the target its worth a ton.

#13666 1 year ago

The SNKIT shot is so satisfying to make

#13667 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I take it you have looked in settings for any Tech notices and run a switch test?
But you could try to reseat the connections to the trough boards and the main node board they attach to. If you open the coin door there are connectors on either side of the trough and if you trace that back there is 1 connector on the node board 8.

thanks i reseat all the connectors and clean the through and it seems to have gone away for now? I order a set of Spike 2 through board as well just in case-

#13668 1 year ago

How are people here with live catches out of the left orbit? My attempts usually bounce away and I’m not sure if I’m flipping to early or my machine just doesn’t have that orbit dialed in like some. I try to give it a little side nudge so it won’t hit the sling but I don’t seem to be able to lock in that catch it would be a huge help lol

#13669 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

The SNKIT shot is so satisfying to make

One of the best shots in any modern pinball game.

Rob

#13670 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

One of the best shots in any modern pinball game.
Rob

Yeah, but only when it's part of a big combo.....

#13671 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

How are people here with live catches out of the left orbit?

Loop pass! Not quite an answer to your question but I find the ball can exit that orbit with a lot of speed which makes it tough to control. So I generally loop pass over to my right flipper which is pretty safe and repeatable.

#13672 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Loop pass! Not quite an answer to your question but I find the ball can exit that orbit with a lot of speed which makes it tough to control. So I generally loop pass over to my right flipper which is pretty safe and repeatable.

Paging ABE_FLIPS lol cool thanks for the info I'll definitely have to start practicing those.

#13673 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Paging ABE_FLIPS lol cool thanks for the info I'll definitely have to start practicing those.

PAPA has a good tutorial on Loop Passes and Deadflip has handy GIFs on his tutorial page. Would love to see Abe do one as well though, his videos are great!

PAPA Tutorial

Deadflip Tutorials
https://www.deadflip.com/tutorials

LOOP-PASS.gifLOOP-PASS.gif
#13674 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

LOOP PASS! Where has this shot been all my life?!?!

I just tried it out. Makes Mando 1000 times easier than what I was doing trying to half ass live catch and wind up in the slings more often than not.

#13675 1 year ago

Messing around with some ideas

20220728_103332 (resized).jpg20220728_103332 (resized).jpg
#13676 1 year ago

I will sell these if there is enough interest.

20220728_115515 (resized).jpg20220728_115515 (resized).jpg
#13677 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I will sell these if there is enough interest.
[quoted image]

I'm interested, but like anything what's the cost. That's an important factor..

Let us know.. Looks good.

#13678 1 year ago

I finished my DP Premium set-up...for now...lol. I am curious as to Pinsiders opinions on homemade toppers and unconventional mods. We have DP+Unicorn riding the top of the backbox along with Stan Lee hanging out for his cameo. We have some awesome bead art magnets over the speakers, JJP Invisiglass, and a re-purposed GNR Bullet Shooter rod from The Art of Pinball (it felt like a good fit for an assassins game).

Should I start saving for an Official Topper and official mods? Is mixing and matching mods a faux pas? As someone relatively new to the hobby I appreciate feedback....oh! and do I need Pinstadiums? The lower third on this game is DARK!

20220728_210829 (resized).jpg20220728_210829 (resized).jpg20220728_210841 (resized).jpg20220728_210841 (resized).jpg
#13679 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

I finished my DP Premium set-up...for now...lol. I am curious as to Pinsiders opinions on homemade toppers and unconventional mods. We have DP+Unicorn riding the top of the backbox along with Stan Lee hanging out for his cameo. We have some awesome bead art magnets over the speakers, JJP Invisiglass, and a re-purposed GNR Bullet Shooter rod from The Art of Pinball (it felt like a good fit for an assassins game).
Should I start saving for an Official Topper and official mods? Is mixing and matching mods a faux pas? As someone relatively new to the hobby I appreciate feedback....oh! and do I need Pinstadiums? The lower third on this game is DARK!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

do what makes you happy, as long as it doesn't interfere with gameplay...

#13680 1 year ago

Hello Pinsiders, I don't know if someone wants to make a sticky out of this post but I've uncovered a big problem with my Little Deadpool targets. Thank you to many that posted on here and responded to my texts I take no credit in finding out the problem but I do want to take credit for resolving it with a solution that I had not seen posted.

The issue is that the Drop-down targets on Little Deadpool are sometimes screwed in the playfield wood too far back (away from the player) I'm talking about 2 millimeters difference that can cause this. When they are screwed in this way, (Mine was and was recently built in May) when you land hard direct shots on them the targets flex back but not back enough and with the momentum cause the targets to bounce off the wooden playfield on their back and go back forward unfortunately not allowing them to properly un-latch.

I saw some posts on this forum suggesting I drill new holes into the playfield and I just didn't feel comfortable doing that so I looked at the mech and came up with an even better plan.

I used a Dremel with a Tungsten bit and simply elongated the 4 holes on the drop target metal where it attaches to the playfield Pic shown below. This allows the mech device to be moved about 2mm forward, toward the player; now giving more space behind the drop down target and when hit will successfully drop down. Here are a few pictures of my fix as well as before and after videos of the problem occurring and then resolved.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The Yellow line in my pics show where the Mech used to lie. Notice it's moved up (towards the player) about 1.5-2mm.

P.S. (Please take full precaution Dremeling out this metal plate, This was not that easy and I did it very slowly. Even used a polish bit when it bounced around too much for my comfort. I think if I had a machine shop I'd simply use a metal drill bit and a vice to make it easier and safer)

Here is a video of the issue at hand 3 Different shots moments apart.

Before Fix Shot 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpb1ask6g90gqkl/DP%20Shot%201.mp4?dl=0

Before Fix Shot 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lmtb2n903q4fgp/DP%20Shot%202.mp4?dl=0

Before Fix Shot 3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx97vozpflys3zt/DP%20Shot%203.mp4?dl=0

Here is a video of the Drop Target now fixed, notice that there is now wiggle room behind it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pZPrG2nAUwhFs97T8

Here is videos of the drop targets now fixed. The same power level on the flippers and direct hard hits.

After Fix Shot 1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SoL3sbiDFiwwSbHR7

After Fix Shot 2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3U8KWxXUcDxjfU818

As you can tell I've documented this experience very detailed in hopes that others can learn what I've learned and I wanted to give back to this great community that always seems to give a helping hand.

Thanks for reading sorry for typos.
TL;DR - Some Deadpool machines have the little deadpool drop targets too far back causing them not to drop and this provides and alternative fix instead of drilling into the playfield.

#13681 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Hello Pinsiders, I don't know if someone wants to make a sticky out of this post but I've uncovered a big problem with my Little Deadpool targets. Thank you to many that posted on here and responded to my texts I take no credit in finding out the problem but I do want to take credit for resolving it with a solution that I had not seen posted.
As you can tell I've documented this experience very detailed in hopes that others can learn what I've learned and I wanted to give back to this great community that always seems to give a helping hand.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic write-up.

Very clear & very clever.

I'm going to check mine tomorrow to see if it can benefit from this adjustment.

Apart from a Dremel or lateral force on a drill bit, another way to slot a hole is with a small rat tail file, ideally just smaller than the diameter of the hole. For these, a jewelers file will probably do the trick. It's gentle, controllable, & you decide how aggressive or cautious you want to be.

Thanks,
-Jason

#13682 1 year ago

The manual doesn't list the rubbers that are behind the D-E-A-D & P-O-O-L targets.

Does anybody know what they are?

Thanks!
-Jason

Deadpool Mystery Rubber That is Mysterious (resized).jpgDeadpool Mystery Rubber That is Mysterious (resized).jpg
#13683 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

The manual doesn't list the rubbers that are behind the D-E-A-D & P-O-O-L targets.
Does anybody know what they are?
Thanks!
-Jason
[quoted image]

Not 1000% positive, but I looked at my order with Titan from when I did my Deadpool and I have two 3.5" rings in the order that I'm pretty sure were for those.

Vaguely remember them being larger than any listed in the manual, so if that's the case I'm pretty sure 3.5" is what you want.

#13684 1 year ago

Pop bumper goes off randomly in the game, is that part of the code or is there an adjustment I need to make?

EDIT: I re-sat the connectors and everything is good now

#13685 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Pop bumper goes off randomly in the game, is that part of the code or is there an adjustment I need to make?
EDIT: I re-sat the connectors and everything is good now

Same thing happened to me a month or two ago.

#13686 1 year ago

Hello quick question. I'm trying to replace the POSTS around the little Deadpool targets as I've seen on this forum that they wear out quickly.

I just can't figure out the right size.

Is it Post Sleeve - Standard?

Or is it Post Sleeve - Stern Slim Tapered?

One last thing, I don't like that Deadpool has blue Rubber Posts on the ramps. Has anyone ever changed these to Black to go with the Theme.. Is there a reason Stern went with Blue which matches nothing on the playfield.

I'd like to change mine to black without painting them, curious if someone can provide a link of where I can get them.

Below is a picture of my playfield, I circled in Yellow where the Blue Rubber posts are. Thanks in advance.

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#13687 1 year ago

Those blue rubbers are riveted to the ramp. Probably be a giant pita to replace them. Not worth IMHO.

#13688 1 year ago

Just brought a DP Pro home this weekend. Very fun! Code is updated, cleaned/waxed the playfield, and I have a set of Titan rubbers on order. Anything I should absolutely do or look out for? Happy to be part of the DP pin club.

Thanks!

#13689 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Those blue rubbers are riveted to the ramp. Probably be a giant pita to replace them. Not worth IMHO.

Nope, just need a tiny Phillips head if i remember correctly. Those blue pieces are pretty easily replaceable

#13690 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Nope, just need a tiny Phillips head if i remember correctly. Those blue pieces are pretty easily replaceable

I thought they where riveted but you are correct, they can come out with just a tool. My question is, where do I find these replaceable pieces in black? what are they called?

#13691 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Hello quick question. I'm trying to replace the POSTS around the little Deadpool targets as I've seen on this forum that they wear out quickly.
I just can't figure out the right size.
Is it Post Sleeve - Standard?
[quoted image]
Or is it Post Sleeve - Stern Slim Tapered?
[quoted image]
One last thing, I don't like that Deadpool has blue Rubber Posts on the ramps. Has anyone ever changed these to Black to go with the Theme.. Is there a reason Stern went with Blue which matches nothing on the playfield.
I'd like to change mine to black without painting them, curious if someone can provide a link of where I can get them.
Below is a picture of my playfield, I circled in Yellow where the Blue Rubber posts are. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

I normally go with slim taper competition silicone Titans on the posts of all my games but let me make a suggestion for Deadpool, my machine shoots blisteringly fast, as do most Deadpools I've played and the Titan posts wear out very quickly. I put Superbands on the posts (especially at the lil Deadpool target entrance) and they have held up perfectly

#13692 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I normally go with slim taper competition silicone Titans on the posts of all my games but let me make a suggestion for Deadpool, my machine shoots blisteringly fast, as do most Deadpools I've played and the Titan posts wear out very quickly. I put Superbands on the posts (especially at the lil Deadpool target entrance) and they have held up perfectly

Thanks, I'll take your advice.. Do you have a like to where I can buy these posts.. thanks.

#13693 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Thanks, I'll take your advice.. Do you have a like to where I can buy these posts.. thanks.

Sure thing

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=superbands&S_CAT1=RUBB-SLEEVE&VIEW_SIZE=12&VIEW_INDEX=1&view=card&sortOrder=SortKeywordRelevancy

Here's a pic of them on mine

20220801_002804 (resized).jpg20220801_002804 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220801-003950_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220801-003950_Photos (resized).jpg
#13694 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Can you BOOM it when the Colossus shot is blinking?

#13695 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Yep i stand corrected. Looks like the ramp has a nut welded in it that the worlds shortest phillips screw clamps that blue rubber in with.

My bad. At first glance on my machine it looked like a rivet.

#13696 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I can't agree with this enough. I had some Perfect Play sleeves and they got chewed up in a hurry. Super Bands have held up great, however they do add a bit more bounce to hits off those posts. Better than shredded rubber on the playfield though.

#13697 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

Can you BOOM it when the Colossus shot is blinking?

If you mean the Colossus jackpot on the outer left of Lil' DP then no you cannot.

#13698 1 year ago

I like Pinball Life Perfect Play rubbers for flippers, but the Silicone rubbers get thrashed quickly on posts... I now always use Super Bands on posts and they basically last forever and don't get the 'dirt' buildup.

#13699 1 year ago

Thank you for the link. I just placed an order.. Now if someone has an idea of where I can get the black pads instead of the default blue one that would be gravy.. I'm genuinely curious why they put blue one on this pin when it's clear Black would have been the way to go.

#13700 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Thank you for the link. I just placed an order.. Now if someone has an idea of where I can get the black pads instead of the default blue one that would be gravy.. I'm genuinely curious why they put blue one on this pin when it's clear Black would have been the way to go.

I have never ordered from this site ..they don't carry the part number for Deadpool but posting
Just for reference

https://worldwidepinball.com/product-category/playfield-rubbers/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/274 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.