IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 115.
#1201 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Final WIP of my Pinsound mix, apologies for the audio quality...
» Vimeo video

Wow very nice! So I can voice the sounds of the game with this? I do voiceover work

#1202 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Glad you like it. Not much left really, just the last few tweaks from playtesting.

Is there a reason not to use the original voice calls? I find the replacements jarring.

#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Final WIP of my Pinsound mix, apologies for the audio quality...
» Vimeo video

Good job Kris - I forgot we worked on this a while back....what did you end up doing for a songlist (beyond what's in the video) like the Video mode and such....

#1204 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Is there a reason not to use the original voice calls? I find the replacements jarring.

In pre-DCS games, the audio quality of the clips was extremely low resolution, which is actually jarring in a different way; they are noticeably crappier than the music/SFX. thewool chose to re-record them to avoid that. I do VO work too, and definitely prefer the old announcer style callouts ("Shocking! Amazing!") but these sound way better in terms of quality.

#1205 7 years ago

I'm back in the lagoon!

Picked this one and X-men up a few days ago.

DSC04235 (resized).JPGDSC04235 (resized).JPG

#1206 7 years ago

Hey Sonic, I'll post a list of songs soon. I think I basically went with all your recommendations, and gave you thanks in the release notes for that

The voice overs were kindly provided by wdpvideo, they take a bit of getting used to but I like them. You can easily swap back in all the original samples by downloading the sample pack from the Pinsound community pages.

Yes you can add your own voiceovers, Pinsound uses wav files so just replace what you want.

#1207 7 years ago

Anyway to share your version with the community?

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey Sonic, I'll post a list of songs soon. I think I basically went with all your recommendations, and gave you thanks in the release notes for that
The voice overs were kindly provided by wdpvideo, they take a bit of getting used to but I like them. You can easily swap back in all the original samples by downloading the sample pack from the Pinsound community pages.
Yes you can add your own voiceovers, Pinsound uses wav files so just replace what you want.

You know Kris - this is inspiring me greatly to get the Pinsound (over getting a colordmd!) for my Creech - you did a fantastic job....

#1209 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

In pre-DCS games, the audio quality of the clips was extremely low resolution, which is actually jarring in a different way; they are noticeably crappier than the music/SFX. thewool chose to re-record them to avoid that. I do VO work too, and definitely prefer the old announcer style callouts ("Shocking! Amazing!") but these sound way better in terms of quality.

Makes sense. Fortunately I'm quite fond of the goofy MIDI covers, so I'll stick with the original.

#1210 7 years ago

Really cool stuff from the wool!
How many tracks are there?
Did you include all the originals too?

I have a pinsound in my sttng and love it.

#1211 7 years ago

thewool: don't forget to post this mix to the PinSound forums!

#1212 7 years ago

I'm uploading it to the Pinsound forums as we speak, will just have to wait for an admin to import it. Yes all the originals are included, release notes are here:

v1 of Wool's Creech Pinsound mix

The main changes to the game's vanilla sounds include:

- main tracks replaced with actual song versions (where they exist)
- added selection of period faithful (more or less) tracks to supplement the above (many thanks for the suggestions Pinsider Sonic!)
- new voiceovers added (a massive thanks to a wdpvideo for these! there was alot of patience on his part - thank you!)
- many new sound effects
- various music from the Creech movie/trailer and OST added included attact sounds, multiball start, end of ball sounds

General notes:

I left some of the mode specific jingles the same (apart from Move Your Car) as there was no obvious way to replace these. I trialed using themed songs but then the modes never stood out enough, also I still really like the original jingles

That's it, I really hope you like the new mix, I feel it enhances what is already a beautiful and timeless game. Don't forget you can mix/match with the original game sounds to suit yourself just by manually editing the folder contents.

Please send me any feedback you have in terms of bug fixes or suggestions for a v2 either via the Pinsound Community pages or Pinside.

Cheers and enjoy the show!

regards, thewool

List of songs included in the mix

Main:

Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin
Elvis Presley - My Baby Left Me
Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
Bill Haley and the Comerts - Rip it Up
Bill Haley and the Comerts - Rock Around the Clock
Jackie Brentson - Rocket 88
The Coasters - Yakety Yak
Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - The Twist
H-Bomb Ferguson - Rock H-Bomb Rock
Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
Chuck Higgins - Wet Back Hop
Bobby Day - Rockin' Robin
Buddy Holly & the Crickets - Not Fade Away
Johnny Otis - Willie and the Hand Jive
Buddy Holly - Everyday
Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley
The Rhythm Rockets - The Slide
Freddie Mitchell - Summertime Boogie
Bobby Day and the Satellites - Little Bitty Pretty One
Chuck Berry - You Can't Catch Me
Chuck Berry - School Day
Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode
Danny and the Juniors - Rock and Roll is here to Stay
Danny and the Juniors - At the Hop
Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
Joe Houston - All Night Long
Wynonie Harris - Lovin Machine
The Cadillacs - Speedo
Jimmy Llyod - I Got a Rocket in my Pocket
The Silhouettes - Get a Job
Ronnie Dee (Dawson) - Action Packed
Johnny Burnette Rock and Roll Trio - The Train Kept a Rollin
Little Richard - Long Tall Sally
Little Richard - Keep a Knockin
Billy Lee Riley - Flying Saucer Rock and Roll
Little Richard - Tutti Frutti
Rumble - Link Wray

Game Over:

The Moonglows - Sincerely
Johnny Ace - Pledging my Love
The Fleetwoods - Come Softly to me
Marvin Berry and the Starlighters - Earth Angel
The Five Satins - In the Still of the Night
The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran all the way Home)
Slim Gaillard - Atomic Cocktail
Robert and Johnny - We Belong Together
The Spaniels - Goodnite Sweetheart
The Mystics - Hushabye
The Nutmegs - Story Untold
The Skyliners - Since I Don't Have You
Four Aces - Mr Sandman
LaVerne Baker - I Cried a Tear
Danleers - One Summer Night
John Williams - Father and Son

vday (resized).JPGvday (resized).JPG

#1213 7 years ago

Seriously a huge thanks again to wdpvideo for providing all of the new voiceovers. If you like them or not, it took a lot of effort on his part to provide all these.

Thanks again to Sonic for his guidance on the music selection, dude knows his stuff

#1214 7 years ago

If you can't wait for the Pinsound page you can grab it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qx1o4401bvtrh8o/CFTBL_wool_v1.rar

#1215 7 years ago

This is great, I love Pinsound with more mixes, you can swap easily so nothing is permanent. But once you have this one installed I don't think you want to go back. Next for me is a color DMD the LED version.

#1216 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

If you can't wait for the Pinsound page you can grab it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qx1o4401bvtrh8o/CFTBL_wool_v1.rar

Great mix, however I found that the creature and animations for Kiss are turned off.

Should I re-download the file and import it again?

#1217 7 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

Great mix, however I found that the creature and animations for Kiss are turned off.
Should I re-download the file and import it again?

Hi there, by animations you means the DMD graphics? This mod should not affect that at all, only audio changes are made.

#1218 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi there, by animations you means the DMD graphics? This mod should not affect that at all, only audio changes are made.

I reinstalled the audio files and everything works great.

Amazing selection of songs, makes pinsound board a must purchase for the CFTBL.

Thank you for your effort on this

#1219 7 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

I reinstalled the audio files and everything works great.
Amazing selection of songs, makes pinsound board a must purchase for the CFTBL.
Thank you for your effort on this

Ah good glad you got it sorted.

The mix is now up on the Pinsound community page.

#1220 7 years ago

Installed NVram on my Creech tonight. No more batteries for 30 plus years! This is the first one I've ever had with no acid damage somewhere! Someone, someday, will thank me!

32081655914_979a7ebc4e_k (resized).jpg32081655914_979a7ebc4e_k (resized).jpg

32081655974_a655ccda4d_k (resized).jpg32081655974_a655ccda4d_k (resized).jpg

#1221 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Installed NVram on my Creech tonight. No more batteries for 30 plus years! This is the first one I've ever had with no acid damage somewhere! Someone, someday, will thank me!

Just did mine too! After first having my TFTC done, my CFTBL, JY and Shadow quickly came thereafter....

#1222 7 years ago

How does that work, simple plug and play? And it does save the highscore but also date and time?

#1223 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

How does that work, simple plug and play? And it does save the highscore but also date and time?

Well it requires some decent level of soldering skills and a good iron for sure. Takes a little time but on WMS games you need to remove the current ram, solder in a socket, and then just install the NVRam. I've done a bunch and I have a really good soldering station to use so it's maybe a half hour job for me taking my time. Plus I wind up flowing solder on all the connections on the board while it's out as well. This was my before picture.

32771157742_1390bd5dd2_k (resized).jpg32771157742_1390bd5dd2_k (resized).jpg

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just did mine too! After first having my TFTC done, my CFTBL, JY and Shadow quickly came thereafter....

Yup! All 10 of my pins have it now!

#1225 7 years ago

I tried to fit the pinsound 2.1 harness to the board but the pins wont align with the connector.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Board (resized).jpgBoard (resized).jpg

Harness (resized).jpgHarness (resized).jpg

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

I tried to fit the pinsound 2.1 harness to the board but the pins wont align with the connector.
Has anyone else had this problem?

In your case, it should fit in the connector "2.1 spk"

#1227 7 years ago

I just bought a Creature that had a playfield swap. I have a question about a hex spacer and a question about the ramps.

In the back left upper ramp, between where the metal ramp u-turns into the plastic creature ramp, there should be a tall hex spacer that holds up that part of the ramps complex by attaching to a plastic tab on the plastic ramp. At least I assume there is one. On my game, there is a short hex spacer that doesn't reach all the way up, therefore my ramp is not quite fully elevated. Can someone tell me if their game has one hex spacer or a two piece hex spacer in that position attached to the plastic ramp? Does anyone know the correct length needed or part number?

Also, the front of the creature loop ramp is a little high and I have to push it down slightly to slide on the playfield glass. I believe it then rests on the glass. Is this normal or should it be adjusted somehow? Perhaps the correct back end elevation will help?

Thanks.
Dave

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I just bought a Creature that had a playfield swap. I have a question about a hex spacer and a question about the ramps.
In the back left upper ramp, between where the metal ramp u-turns into the plastic creature ramp, there should be a tall hex spacer that holds up that part of the ramps complex by attaching to a plastic tab on the plastic ramp. At least I assume there is one. On my game, there is a short hex spacer that doesn't reach all the way up, therefore my ramp is not quite fully elevated. Can someone tell me if their game has one hex spacer or a two piece hex spacer in that position attached to the plastic ramp? Does anyone know the correct length needed or part number?
Also, the front of the creature loop ramp is a little high and I have to push it down slightly to slide on the playfield glass. I believe it then rests on the glass. Is this normal or should it be adjusted somehow? Perhaps the correct back end elevation will help?
Thanks.
Dave

Yes there is a long metal hex at the back, and the ramp should not hit the glass at all. Tomorrow I can measure it if no one else chimes in on this.

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Yes there is a long metal hex at the back, and the ramp should not hit the glass at all. Tomorrow I can measure it if no one else chimes in on this.

I also noticed that when I put on my glass that the front of the creature loop also rubs the glass. Thanks fiberdude120 i would like to get this measurement as well to see if there is something amiss with my new creature...

-Jim

#1230 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Thanks.
Dave

Agree with the others that it was one post. I torn mine down recently to have the playfield restored and created this post map. Hopefully this will help you or others.

CFTBL hex stud locations.jpgCFTBL hex stud locations.jpg

#1231 7 years ago

Thanks. What does 7/8" stud mean? Different part or width of hex spacer?

#1232 7 years ago

Also, don't know how I missed it but the translite has some scratches. Are there replacements available?

#1233 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Thanks. What does 7/8" stud mean? Different part or width of hex spacer?

My bad wording to remember. Has stud on bottom side 7/8" long. First number is the hex top side length.

Quoted from dmesserly:

Also, don't know how I missed it but the translite has some scratches. Are there replacements available?

I've been searching for one myself. A repro would be well appreciated by the owners I'm sure!

#1234 7 years ago

Would you guys settle for a nice used one? I also have the alternate version

#1235 7 years ago

Here's a pic of the posts in the back from my teardown photos.

DSCN1870 (resized).JPGDSCN1870 (resized).JPG

#1236 7 years ago

Thanks for those measurements dmacy they should help for sure!

-Jim

#1237 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Agree with the others that it was one post. I torn mine down recently to have the playfield restored and created this post map. Hopefully this will help you or others.

Thanks for the map and measurements. Turns out all the hex spacers were there, just in the wrong spots. I got them back in the right place and it solved the issue of the front creature ramp rubbing the playfield glass.

#1238 7 years ago

Question, I was replacing the lamps around the ramp and bowl with the green led's from Comet and I have a few random ones that will not light. I tweaked the sockets a bit so the lamps fit securely and are making good contact still nothing. Didn't get the meter out yet but I was just curious, are these sockets known to fail? Simple Marco part? Looks like the solder is fine didn't seem like cold solder joints. If they are known to have bad sockets I'll just swap them out. Thanks!

32707920170_ff981e797d_o (resized).jpg32707920170_ff981e797d_o (resized).jpg

32707920140_17367b420a_o (resized).jpg32707920140_17367b420a_o (resized).jpg

#1239 7 years ago

Question, I was replacing the lamps around the ramp and bowl with the green led's from Comet and I have a few random ones that will not light. I tweaked the sockets a bit so the lamps fit securely and are making good contact still nothing. Didn't get the meter out yet but I was just curious, are these sockets known to fail? Simple Marco part? Looks like the solder is fine didn't seem like cold solder joints. If they are known to have bad sockets I'll just swap them out. Thanks!

Mine has a couple like that too. First you have to make sure they are -truly- not lighting at all, watch the light show in multi ball because some of the sockets light at different times.

I thought I had a whole bunch out, but after looking closely it's only 2, and the rest light when they are supposed To. I have one light in the bowl that I can't figure out why it doesn't light well, occasionally it pops on but mostly it's off. I have one on the ramp that won't light but it is in the back so I've never bothered to fix it.

#1240 7 years ago

Double check the bulb is ok. Then put it in test and then try gently leavering the socket (not the bulb) with a small screwdriver, if it flickers on you have a solder issue. I had this.

#1241 7 years ago

also if it is a led, turn the led around 180 degrees just in case it is a polarity issue

#1242 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys I'll test some more! I had it in all lamp test mode when I was installing them. I even had the strips out.

#1243 7 years ago

I had this issue before. If light sockets, LEDs and wires are O.K. This issue would be caused by a bad transistor on the light board. This light board is located under the playfield.

My issue was easy to identify because when I checked my light board I noticed one transistor was missing. Once I put a new transistor on it. All the LEDs light up like they should.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1244 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

I had this issue before. If light sockets, LEDs and wires are O.K. This issue would be caused by a bad transistor on the light board. This light board is located under the playfield.
My issue was easy to identify because when I checked my light board I noticed one transistor was missing. Once I put a new transistor on it. All the LEDs light up like they should.

That's interesting! I'll take a look! Thanks!

#1245 7 years ago

Well as they say.. "that was easy" went to inspect that pcb under the PF and the connector on the board at J2 was almost all the way off. Even more easy then "just a fuse" Always nice to find something simple when you have an issue! They are all working again! Thanks again for the heads up!

32345154864_638d76609a_o(1) (resized).jpg32345154864_638d76609a_o(1) (resized).jpg

32374926283_99bf84a595_o (resized).jpg32374926283_99bf84a595_o (resized).jpg

#1246 7 years ago

Joined the club a couple weeks ago. Think I might need to do the Pinsound mod. Nice work wool!

#1247 7 years ago

I have tried to research the nude playfield option for our CFTBL. It seem very little info. Seems there are two different versions. One original IPB version seems there was only 20 of these made. Can anyone confirm that information is correct? Then there are the modified original or repro playfields. Found this interesting and wanted to see if anyone has additional information on these?
Magicchiz

#1248 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Joined the club a couple weeks ago. Think I might need to do the Pinsound mod. Nice work wool!

Thanks brother!

#1249 7 years ago

Quick question When I shoot the right ramp the ball comes around to the left inlane flipper so fast it's impossible to cradle and shoot the right ramp again. Is this normal or am I missing something to slow the ball down when it drops onto the inlane. Cheers.

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Quick question When I shoot the right ramp the ball comes around to the left inlane flipper so fast it's impossible to cradle and shoot the right ramp again. Is this normal or am I missing something to slow the ball down when it drops onto the inlane. Cheers.

Mine is also rapid, I think you have to nail it on the fly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 24.00
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.