IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 114.
#1251 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Quick question When I shoot the right ramp the ball comes around to the left inlane flipper so fast it's impossible to cradle and shoot the right ramp again. Is this normal or am I missing something to slow the ball down when it drops onto the inlane. Cheers.

yep, shoot on the fly and hope

#1252 7 years ago

Ok cool thx for the feedback I'll have to get my timing right lol. That return is super fast hey.

#1253 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Mine is also rapid, I think you have to nail it on the fly.

Confirm - it's supposed to be like a loop

#1254 7 years ago

So planning a colordmd led screen for my CFTBL. I already have the pinsound in there. Any idea if I have to ad an additional power supply for my screen? And If so what power supply is recommended.

#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So planning a colordmd led screen for my CFTBL. I already have the pinsound in there. Any idea if I have to ad an additional power supply for my screen? And If so what power supply is recommended.

I started to get resets once I added the ColorDMD, and I don't have a PinSound in there as well.

if you have an original hologram light in there, you may consider upgrading to the Halogen kit, AND getting a replacement LED bulb which fits. This will lower the overall pull on the game and you hopefully won't get the resets.

Rob Kahr's daughterboard is helpful in this case, too, in the event you are drawing too much power overall. It will pull some voltage from the 12V if the 5V is dipping - The ColorDMD does pull a lot of power.

Creature is one of the toughest games to add a lot of mods to because of the two under-playfield motors, when those and the light come on, it pulls a *lot* of power all at once.

#1256 7 years ago

Well thanks, I already replaced the bulb with a Led version. I will power the 12v for the ColorDMD as a seperate system. Take it directly from the 220v just after the power switch. Does the colorDMD only have 12V (is that AC) or also has a 5V circuit in there?

#1257 7 years ago

New displays have Chroma controller boards that only pull 12V. 5V is generated locally on the board.

Older controller boards used both 5V and 12V, but 5V was only used to power the USB port and the current used is less than 100mA.

#1258 7 years ago

The manual states to use J116 (that is normally the coin door power - according to the schematics). But again with a Pinsound and motors and lamps, best to power it separate with 12v. Any 12v board to recommend to use, or just check on mouser electronics for 220 - 12v - do not know how much Ampere you need for the DMD.

#1259 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The manual states to use J116 (that is normally the coin door power - according to the schematics). But again with a Pinsound and motors and lamps, best to power it separate with 12v. Any 12v board to recommend to use, or just check on mouser electronics for 220 - 12v - do not know how much Ampere you need for the DMD.

The ColorDMD generally uses less than 1A at 12V.

#1260 7 years ago

I love how you guys keep improving on the design even though the DMD tech itself is basically the same. Dammit that reminds me I need to order a new display for my doctor who!!

1 week later
#1261 7 years ago

Fellow pinheads and fin heads. I've got a question regarding a topper I want to illuminate on my Creature machine.

I bought one of those Auto Zone led strips and I want to use it to illuminate my Creature promo plastic that I'm using as a topper. The question I have is, "where can I safely tap into power" without blowing something up?

Kinda of a newbie when it comes to tapping into the back box (or coins door), so any detailed info and/or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

IMG_0587 (resized).jpgIMG_0587 (resized).jpg

#1262 7 years ago

Had the good fortune to join the club this week. OG holo is super nice and green. Really digging it.

Just curious to see if anybody has installed the GI OCD? The fading effects are so great but can't deal with the LED flickering. I know it removes the chase lamps from animating, and was curious if anybody has tried it and thinks it's worth the trade off.

Thanks!

8f83090345a96b598678800c728882b651c0554a.png.jpg8f83090345a96b598678800c728882b651c0554a.png.jpg

#1263 7 years ago
Quoted from fmofmpls:

Kinda of a newbie when it comes to tapping into the back box (or coins door), so any detailed info and/or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

I'm sure somebody will have a more elegant solution, but you could run the power cord through the machine and tap into the service outlet. That way it's only on when the machine is.

#1264 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'm sure somebody will have a more elegant solution, but you could run the power cord through the machine and tap into the service outlet. That way it's only on when the machine is.

Service outlets are always hot. They're wired directly to the line cord before the game switch, at least on non-export games.

#1265 7 years ago

Good to know, yeah... don't do that then haha. Thanks.

1 week later
#1267 7 years ago
Quoted from fmofmpls:

Fellow pinheads and fin heads. I've got a question regarding a topper I want to illuminate on my Creature machine.
I bought one of those Auto Zone led strips and I want to use it to illuminate my Creature promo plastic that I'm using as a topper. The question I have is, "where can I safely tap into power" without blowing something up?

What is the voltage?

#1268 7 years ago

I would think since he got them from an auto parts store they would be 12 volts.

#1269 7 years ago

What options are there for a game with a bad hologram? Looking to join and have a lead on one with a bad hologram. Mirrroa work but no light.

Never had this game so kinda not experienced with the hologram.

Thanks!

#1270 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I would think since he got them from an auto parts store they would be 12 volts.

If it's 12v, he could use a 5v/12v adapter from Mezelmods. It taps into the driver board at j116, j117, or j118.

https://mezelmods.com/products/mezel-mods-pinball-power-adapter?variant=22033580868

Another option is to use a smart switch surge protector and a 12v wall wort adapter. Plug the game into the control outlet and the 12v wall wort/topper into the switching outlet, and the topper will only power on when the game is powered on.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JPDYYSM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_L.L2yb4D4PVK6

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KZ2ZQE8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_rbM2ybRKF63MK

#1271 7 years ago

I am having an issue on my Creach giving out the 5 million point call out when no mode is running and the ball is not hitting a switch at the time. It happens about once every 10-15 games. Any help much appreciated!

#1272 7 years ago

if 12v is needed just be mindful of the load being drawn from the game's boardset as it can be a heavily modded game - colordmd, lit speaker panel, pinballmiked's hologram mod and snackbar mod v1 all draw 12v and with all 4 connected and if drawing on the boardset there is generally not enough power and mods will start to not work or do weird things.

#1273 7 years ago

1.5 more months, and I get to join the club too !!!

89f1cbd75344b44b8b2d5e97fcc4fe9aa1c51f9a (resized).jpg89f1cbd75344b44b8b2d5e97fcc4fe9aa1c51f9a (resized).jpg39c6a353ee309367ab5bb8854a4c4a593fbb97c5 (resized).jpg39c6a353ee309367ab5bb8854a4c4a593fbb97c5 (resized).jpg

#1274 7 years ago
Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

I am having an issue on my Creach giving out the 5 million point call out when no mode is running and the ball is not hitting a switch at the time. It happens about once every 10-15 games. Any help much appreciated!

Is it the 5 million you get from intermission time, or the 5 million you get after you max out the bonus multiplier?

#1275 7 years ago

I am pretty sure it is the same call out as when a ramp is lit for 5mil. I know it can't be the bonus multiplier because I haven't gotten close to getting that anytime it's happened. Is intermission time a mystery award? I want to say that the last 2 times it's happened it was while the ball was just rolling around on the middle of the pf and not triggering anything.

#1276 7 years ago

I am pretty sure it is the same call out as when a ramp is lit for 5mil. I know it can't be the bonus multiplier because I haven't gotten close to getting that anytime it's happened. Is intermission time a mystery award? I want to say that the last 2 times it's happened it was while the ball was just rolling around on the middle of the pf and not triggering anything.

can you go into switch test and see if any of the switches are registering closed when they shouldn't be?

#1277 7 years ago

Thanks, I will hopefully put some time into it this weekend and report back.

#1278 7 years ago

Thanks, I will hopefully put some time into it this weekend and report back.

Also, have you done any work on the machine at all recently?

#1279 7 years ago

Sorry still haven't looked at it yet. Yes, it was in pretty bad shape and needed lots of attention and of course shopping. It played flawlessly for at least 100 plays and then this switch issue popped up. The thing that bothers me about the issue is that it seems to be fantum mode start along with a corresponding fantum switch issue. But the mode never shows up as actually running.

#1280 7 years ago

Came across this video -

Anyone of the members here have that Mix for CFTBL?

I Would also love to do the taillight mod, any still for sale or ideas how to start that?

#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Came across this video - » YouTube video
I Would also love to do the taillight mod, any still for sale or ideas how to start that?

I don't know if that's the same mix but there is on posted on the PinSound forum that sound very similar. Good luck finding the taillight mod (I assume you mean for the speaker area?)... this has been super hard to find for a few years now. I believe pinball decals has it for $400, but the quality is reportedly not that good. You may check the thread "warning! This thread may cost you money" about a possible solution down the road, maybe as soon as Allentown.

#1282 7 years ago

I have the "wool" mix on mine. Picked up the PinSound in Texas. Some of the call out replacements I might tweak but the sound is awesome!

#1283 7 years ago

I do not own a Creech but have been watching prices over the last 2 months & they have seemed to go up. 2 months ago I saw a really nice one go for 6K with the video mod instead of the hologram. Now I am seeing what I would categorize as 'not as nice' with no mods and people asking tons more. Simple question, Why?

#1284 7 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I do not own a Creech but have been watching prices over the last 2 months & they have seemed to go up. 2 months ago I saw a really nice one go for 6K with the video mod instead of the hologram. Now I am seeing what I would categorize as 'not as nice' with no mods and people asking tons more. Simple question, Why?

answered your own question:

Quoted from hawknole:

2 months ago I saw a really nice one go for 6K with the video mod instead of the hologram

#1285 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

answered your own question:

So you are saying the hologram is that valuable? I like the video mod, even though I would like to edit some of the video...

#1286 7 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

So you are saying the hologram is that valuable? I like the video mod, even though I would like to edit some of the video...

I am not saying that - although that mod is now impossible to find. I have seen it sold for $1000 out of a machine. Anyway, prices jump up like that - when one very very nice machine is sold for a high price, you always see a bunch of other ... possibly less quality machines that all of a sudden have their prices jacked up.

IMO Creature is an *awesome* machine - it still gets the most plays in my collection, and I have a TZ, MB and Doctor Who. It's not a 'quest' machine like LOTR or TH but I still think it's fun when the pressure is on with the multiball. But 6K? man even I can't agree with that.

Also there's a new mod in the works- you should check that other thread

#1287 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I have been watching prices because I want one, that will just have to wait until next year when I move and get my 'pinball room'. Then I will be all into figuring out how they did the video mod and doing a new one.

#1288 7 years ago

Keep your eyes peeled, one will come available for 4500 eventually. Also watch this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

#1289 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That is Jeff Thompson's speaker panel mod. Long out of production now and Jeff doesn't seem to be around much anymore either.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run

#1290 7 years ago

Yes it seems he left the forum.....I was hoping someone could pick it up on that level. I can do one myself but it will not be that professionally. I just do not have the skills and machinery. So anyone around here to pick that up? Or has one to sell?

#1291 7 years ago

Really too bad JT isn't doing these any longer--IMO it is the best custom mod anyone has ever done (at least before MikeD did his mod). Funny how two of the most creative mods are both for this pin.

#1292 7 years ago

Picking my CFTBL up on Thursday. I'm very excited to be joining this club! CFTBL is such an amazing game. I've spent hours playing it on Pinball Arcade.

#1293 7 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Picking my CFTBL up on Thursday. I'm very excited to be joining this club! CFTBL is such an amazing game. I've spent hours playing it on Pinball Arcade.

Congrats! I just got one too. Such a beautiful game. Prepare for it to be MUCH more difficult than the virtual version

#1294 7 years ago

Congrats! I just got one too. Such a beautiful game. Prepare for it to be MUCH more difficult than virtual version

Oh, that's what I'm hoping for! Getting +200,000,000 way too often. But I appreciate the manner in which the virtual pinball allows you to familiarise yourself with a game.

I love CFTBL for the theme and for the insane modding potential. I've seen some amazing games, one that really made an impression was with near-glowing green siderails, lockdown bar, and legs. My first addition will be a billboard style topper printed out on acrylic with an LED backlight. Hyped!!!

#1295 7 years ago

I'm a huge fan of mods. Honestly, there's so much great looking stuff in this game you don't need that much for this. Mine has a color DMD, chrome trim, lit pop bumpers, pinbits holo lamp, a lit up classic car for the kiss lane, and an led-ocd. Shoot, that's still kind of a lot haha. It's your game, go nuts and have fun with it!

#1296 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Came across this video - » YouTube video

Hi Peter, thats my mix and available to download from the Pinsound community pages.

#1297 7 years ago

I'm a huge fan of mods. Honestly, there's so much great looking stuff in this game you don't need that much for this. Mine has a color DMD, chrome trim, lit pop bumpers, pinbits holo lamp, a lit up classic car for the kiss lane, and an led-ocd. Shoot, that's still kind of a lot haha. It's your game, go nuts and have fun with it!

That's the exact same set of mods mine has. I quite like the drive in billboard mod but honestly it doesn't add much to the game - still a cool add on though! My favorite mod is the lit pop bumpers - hardest one I did but it really makes the game look great, especially in that dead unit area near the lanes. I never quite bought into the "he's supposed to be in the trunk so it should be dark" argument.. I am changing mine out to the teal Color though - the orange is a little overwhelming

#1298 7 years ago

You will love CFTBL! It never gets old. I just added the wools mix to my pinsound. Its awesome. Just a fantastic mix of music.

#1299 7 years ago

Sound-wise, CFTBL is amazing. The only game better sound-wise IMO is TAF (thanks to Raul Julia's amazing contribution to the game). First thing I'm doing when I get the sucker is sticking LEDs in, as the colour on CFTBL is INSANE! It has such a beautiful colour scheme, particularly the translite, which allows for a really marvellous lighting solution.

#1300 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's the exact same set of mods mine has. I quite like the drive in billboard mod but honestly it doesn't add much to the game - still a cool add on though! My favorite mod is the lit pop bumpers - hardest one I did but it really makes the game look great, especially in that dead unit area near the lanes. I never quite bought into the "he's supposed to be in the trunk so it should be dark" argument.. I am changing mine out to the teal Color though - the orange is a little overwhelming

Mine came with the lit bumpers, I do very much like the teal. I presume swapping out the pop bumpers themselves is much easier than installing the lights? I'd love to do the bumpers and paid plastics i teal. I also REALLY want the pinsound, is there a preview link for wool's mix?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.