Topic Stats

• 2,821 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 911 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0DCD5EA6-9DD0-4963-A60F-9D81C9BFA77A (resized).jpeg
41D2DE8E-845B-40E3-B312-7A9A84C4200C (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
foto-sotto (resized).jpg
foto-sopra (resized).jpg
DSCF0287 (resized).JPG
DSCF0286 (resized).JPG
3F161ACD-0E15-4209-8C8F-966F89F5530E (resized).jpeg
9320CE4E-1ECA-446E-A3F3-4626DC8A5616 (resized).png
5D75CEDE-4114-440B-A94B-9A9D4DBDAF85 (resized).jpeg
20200123_210439_HDR.jpg
20200123_210413_HDR.jpg
CFTBL MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
C09D733B-353B-444F-9F54-4C7AFF2FFBD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20200104-WA0023 (resized).jpg

There are 2821 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 57.
#1151 3 years ago

Just finished restoring this one. Had never played it before, really enjoying it at the moment!

New cabinet and decals and rails, cleared playfield (not done by me), new ramps, light up star posts on slings, green titan rubbers, reed switch mod on bowl (easy 6 or 7 revolutions) and pin2DMD display (need to change this from blue to green). It plays amazingly smoothly!

A few pics of before, during and after the restoration.

1 (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg

4 (resized).jpg

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Just finished restoring this one. Had never played it before, really enjoying it at the moment!
New cabinet and decals and rails, cleared playfield (not done by me), new ramps, light up star posts on slings, green titan rubbers, reed switch mod on bowl (easy 6 or 7 revolutions) and pin2DMD display (need to change this from blue to green). It plays amazingly smoothly!
A few pics of before, during and after the restoration.

Looking good, but with the speaker in the middle, how does the lamp and hologram work? I am missing an important part of that machine.

#1153 3 years ago

The speaker is offset. However hologram was completely shot. Looking at whether i do an lcd screen or some other alternative

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from robm:

The speaker is offset. However hologram was completely shot. Looking at whether i do an lcd screen or some other alternative

Where would you get the LCD kit?

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

Where would you get the LCD kit?

There is a bloke (Dan) here in Aus who did them, and i put my name on the request list, but he doesn't appear to be around much - just waiting to see if he resurfaces

1 week later
#1156 3 years ago

Thought folks on this thread would enjoy my latest creation with the Pinduino:

For those interested in more details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinduino-v03-interactive-control-of-leds/page/2#post-3508418

#1157 3 years ago

looks nice lyonsden , some cool effects there....

#1158 3 years ago

lyonsden that looks really nice. I especially love what you did with the curly ramp chase lights

1 week later
#1159 3 years ago

Saw the Pinduino on the CFTBL in person. It is fantastic and fits this game perfectly.

#1160 3 years ago

I have a Swinks Snackbar mod never installed. $250 shipped

IMG_6914 (resized).JPG

Added over 3 years ago: $150 shipped

#1161 3 years ago

Also have a snackbar cliffy $20 shipped

IMG_6947 (resized).JPG

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Also have a snackbar cliffy $20 shipped

$20 for both the snackbar and kiss scoop cliffy's? if so, sold! shoot me a pm with the details

#1163 3 years ago

Anyone know why there was never a prop rod put in to CFTBL? I just realized that mine doesn't have one and looking at pics online I don't see any others either. It wouldn't seem that the hologram would be an issue as it's offset to the left. And the playfields have the circle as a support. Just curious if there was any reasoning that someone knows of.

#1164 3 years ago

I always forget that any game has a prop rod. With slide rails to easily get to flippers and easy flip up hinges I never use the rod. Plus I feel like it puts a twisty torque on the playfield which weirds me out. So to completely not answer your question...IDK if mine has one haha.

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I always forget that any game has a prop rod. With slide rails to easily get to flippers and easy flip up hinges I never use the rod. Plus I feel like it puts a twisty torque on the playfield which weirds me out. So to completely not answer your question...IDK if mine has one haha.

Agree on most points but I do find times it's helpful. Especially in my house where I don't have the height in my basement for all machines to lift the playfield up.

#1166 3 years ago

with the Snackbar Mod, I don't have you on my records so you may have got it through a pin sale ?

my 2017 retail price is $250AUD (roughly $183 USD) so might help to drop the price a little....... or I increase my prices lol.

#1167 3 years ago

Whoops! $150 shipped sounds fair then!

#1168 3 years ago

Snackbar mod is SOLD.

I still have a Mantis Hole Protector.. $20 shipped.

2 weeks later
#1169 3 years ago

IMG_20170127_200052 (resized).jpg

#1170 3 years ago

Hi guys! I have a CFTBL on the way should be here in another week or so. I'm going to read all the threads to learn all about it. I played one and was hooked! I'm wondering what are the "firsts" things I need to get for it. It's a virgin never touched for the most part. It's been in a home most of it's life and cleaned and waxed a few times. What are the "musts" I already have a ColorDMD for it. I'd like to do LED's on it and give it a full shop once I get it. It's in beautiful condition.
I'm not big into the "toys" for the PF figure a cliffy set for it will be needed as well. I haven't seen it in person but I'm told the hologram is still green with a touch of blue. How do I preserve that or can the LCD upgrade still be done? I'll be adding NVram as well. Can't wait to get it thanks for the input!

Also what are the area's that wear or show damage to look out for. I had some great high res pics of the PF but sometimes you miss things that may be a common issue so that input would be great as well! Thanks

#1171 3 years ago

I can tell you the biggest single improvement you'll make is to put quality speakers and a powered sub on it. This pin responded the best of any of the pins I've upgraded with good speakers. I used FF's and have always had good luck with them. The lighted speaker panel mod and the video mod would be my next two choices, but both are unavailable right now.

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I can tell you the biggest single improvement you'll make is to put quality speakers and a powered sub on it. This pin responded the best of any of the pins I've upgraded with good speakers. I used FF's and have always had good luck with them. The lighted speaker panel mod and the video mod would be my next two choices, but both are unavailable right now.

Thanks! I have FF in my Met and they do sound great! So I guess I'll be buying another set. Who had the lighted speaker panel mod and video mod? Just so I can keep an eye out for them if they come back out.

#1173 3 years ago

The snack bar mod made by swinks is a really really good upgrade - looks a million times better in the game and is just all class in terms of being well made and visually appealing.

There aren't a ton of great mods for the creature though - I added the drive-in movie sign mod which looks good from afar but IMO isn't very well made. You can add a shooter rod if you like..

Another huge improvement is adding the proper LEDs around the ramps. Makes the game pop even more than usual

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The snack bar mod made by swinks is a really really good upgrade - looks a million times better in the game and is just all class in terms of being well made and visually appealing.
There aren't a ton of great mods for the creature though - I added the drive-in movie sign mod which looks good from afar but IMO isn't very well made. You can add a shooter rod if you like..
Another huge improvement is adding the proper LEDs around the ramps. Makes the game pop even more than usual

By proper leds around the ramps, can you link me to the right ones? Thanks!

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Is anyone using the Pinsound board with this game? I'd love to hear thoughts and opinions.

I'm using a Pinsound board in my Creech and can highly recommend it. Replacing music and sound affects is easy and you can have multiple versions (sets) of your sound/music replacements on the one USB for changing whenever you want.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Sure:

http://cointaker.com/products/86-led

#1177 3 years ago

Do yourself a favor and just dip the ramp lights in translucent green hobby paint. They look much better than the LEDs and it is cheaper.

#1178 3 years ago

Excellent! Thanks for the tips! I guess I'll buy those LED's and the paint give them both a try see what flavor I like the best.

#1179 3 years ago

I did the paint thing for a while - it looks cool for sure, but boy did replacing those bulbs get OLD. I switched to the LEDs and haven't had to replace on in a long long time...

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Do yourself a favor and just dip the ramp lights in translucent green hobby paint. They look much better than the LEDs and it is cheaper.

I did that, looks great. Also tried the led but these are flickering all the way. I do like the incandescent look. I did the bowl in green and still need to do the ramp with green and purple. Still looking to replace GI and Playfield with led though. Only wondering which led to take and if it does look ok with all the dimming going on in the machine.

#1181 3 years ago

I did my ramp in green and the bowl in purple - have others tried different combos?

I really wish I could somehow make the ramp flash green during normal gameplay but switch to purple for multi ball!

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I did my ramp in green and the bowl in purple - have others tried different combos?
I really wish I could somehow make the ramp flash green during normal gameplay but switch to purple for multi ball!

May all your wishes come true

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

» YouTube video

That. Is. Amazing.

#1184 3 years ago

Hi CFTBL-Members,

Could someone please provide me a picture of the gate next to the K-I-S-S hole?

The balls always bump back into the lane so i assume my gate is not mounted correctly.
Only if the balls slowly rolls up the lane it sometimes goes into the hole.

Tanks guys!!!

Dom

1 week later
#1185 3 years ago

Creature is here! I'm always worried when I buy a pin without putting eyes on it personally but I got very lucky here! Wound up with a beautiful Creature that's been in a home for many years and had almost no wear at all on it. She is a beauty unmolested! Credit dot is time and date need to be set. Tiny bit of acid damage on the holder so I'm keeping the batteries out till NVRam goes in. I can't wait to give it the LED treatment! ColorDMD is going in tomorrow. NVRam will be next in line. Played a ton of games on it and it plays awesome. I'm in the club!

Mods I'd like to find,

The LCD display for under the playfield. If anyone has one let me know. My hologram is still pretty greeen with a touch of blue in it. But if I could upgrade to the LCD monitor that would be awesome.

The mod that lights up all the tail lights on the speaker panel plex. Is that one still around? Saw a video of that looked neat!

I'm sure I'll wind up with the snack bar mod as well.

And on to some pics!

32654697282_89babe4564_o (resized).jpg

32808121195_7f14a62fc2_o (resized).jpg

32427287230_b704bcdd6f_o (resized).jpg

31993860873_d57190a78a_o (resized).jpg

32808117615_acb305eefc_o (resized).jpg

32654661412_a43a4702fa_o (resized).jpg

31965130114_65609030fa_o (resized).jpg

32808034935_44e9ea5fca_o (resized).jpg

32426743040_e1dba5a37f_o (resized).jpg

31965169884_175304432a_o (resized).jpg

31993854303_877087799f_o (resized).jpg

32654736462_b8b9fd75f7_o (resized).jpg

#1186 3 years ago

very nice creech, if you are after a snackbar mod - just a heads up I am only doing 12 more then taking a break from them for a while to do a few GB mods

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

» YouTube video

May I ask where you got those bowl decals from, they look really nice.

Thanks.

#1188 3 years ago

Nice Creech enjoy Love mine

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

very nice creech, if you are after a snackbar mod - just a heads up I am only doing 12 more then taking a break from them for a while to do a few GB mods

Put me in the que then!

#1190 3 years ago

I'm wondering what are the "firsts" things I need to get for it. It's a virgin never touched for the most part. It's been in a home most of it's life and cleaned and waxed a few times. What are the "musts" I already have a ColorDMD for it. I'd like to do LED's on it and give it a full shop once I get it. It's in beautiful condition.

Hi PhillyArcade,

You may want to pick up a new backbox light baffle for your CFTBL from Pinball Life.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3901

The original part gets very yellowed and brittle over time and is prone to breaking/cracking. The replacement part from PBL is a huge improvement over the original part.

Gord

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks.

Sorry, not my Creech in the video but lyonsden might know.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/24#post-3508422

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi PhillyArcade,
You may want to pick up a new backbox light baffle for your CFTBL from Pinball Life.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3901
The original part gets very yellowed and brittle over time and is prone to breaking/cracking. The replacement part from PBL is a huge improvement over the original part.
Gord

Thanks added to my already huge wish list with them! lol I was chaning out the lamps with some LED's last night just to see how purple looked there and I was thinking man this thing is like ready to turn to dust on me!

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks.

I can't tell exactly - but aren't those the stock decals?

#1194 3 years ago

New to the club! I just picked it up yesterday, I don't know much about it yet but I'm excited to figure it all out and contribute where I can.

-Jim

2017-02-12 20.59.26 (resized).jpg

#1195 3 years ago

Good luck, Jim! Soon you'll be swearing at the GD 2-ball multiball like the rest of us!!

#1196 3 years ago

Final WIP of my Pinsound mix, apologies for the audio quality...

https://vimeo.com/203899534

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Final WIP of my Pinsound mix, apologies for the audio quality...
» Vimeo video

Very nice indeed, makes getting the pinsound card worthwhile.

#1198 3 years ago

New cover.

IMG_20170213_194454 (resized).jpg

#1199 3 years ago

Very nice my mix. What is the work left in progress?

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Very nice my mix. What is the work left in progress?

Glad you like it. Not much left really, just the last few tweaks from playtesting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dunwoody, GA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 2821 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 57.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside