IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 115.
#1051 7 years ago

Quick question for the other owners -

In our Creature, when I activate Unlimited Millions, then go up the left ramp... is the game supposed to do something? I get no points, nothing changes, and eventually the mode times out. The ramp switches appear to function in test mode and I get 100,000 points for hitting the left ramp during normal play... any ideas? I know it's Unlimited Millions since it appears on the DMD

Also, I've noticed the wrong lamps are lighting on the mode cards - e.g. Mega Millions lights when it's Creature Feature, and none of them seem to be correct. This points to a wiring mismatch somewhere (no clue to to start on THAT one), but not sure if it's related to the above.

My game is a re-import, if that makes any difference.

#1052 7 years ago

On my machine
The blue light lits up with sound

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1053 7 years ago

That topper is OUT-Standing! I assume you made it/had it made? The topper looks like that halloween 'grave walker', but where did the background come from?

#1054 7 years ago

It sounds like the switches for your left and right ramp may be flip-flopped. I had a similar issue on mine and simply swapped the switch plugs underneath the playfield.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:Quick question for the other owners -
In our Creature, when I activate Unlimited Millions, then go up the left ramp... is the game supposed to do something? I get no points, nothing changes, and eventually the mode times out. The ramp switches appear to function in test mode and I get 100,000 points for hitting the left ramp during normal play... any ideas? I know it's Unlimited Millions since it appears on the DMD
Also, I've noticed the wrong lamps are lighting on the mode cards - e.g. Mega Millions lights when it's Creature Feature, and none of them seem to be correct. This points to a wiring mismatch somewhere (no clue to to start on THAT one), but not sure if it's related to the above.

#1055 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That topper is OUT-Standing! The topper looks like that halloween 'grave walker'.

+1.

#1056 7 years ago

+1 here too - Like to get more info on it ..

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from RGman:

It sounds like the switches for your left and right ramp may be flip-flopped. I had a similar issue on mine and simply swapped the switch plugs underneath the playfield.

Rock and roll! I never would have thought of that. It wouldn't be the first thing that's flipped in this game. I'll try it!

#1058 7 years ago

So... how do you guys keep the "lagoon" leveled with the playfield in a way that the ball EVER change it's direction when passing through its edges? Is there any magic formula or (just like me), is just trying and trying again (and apparently never get it right)?

#1059 7 years ago

As a new CFTBL owner, I'm interested as well. I'm guessing you want to adjust so it's just a hair higher than the playfield to protect the wood from wear (the plastic piece is more replaceable). So basically adjust each nut until the plexi edge no longer feels like it's below the playfield edge. It almost seems like a mylar "outline" of the window to cover the gap would be a good thing. But it's probably not noticeable other than the rare ball that comes to a near stop right on the window/playfield edge and then has an altered path.

#1060 7 years ago

I guess I got lucky when I replaced mine. I just used a straight edge on the top of the playfield as I adjusted from the bottom. Feels perfectly flat on top and I never notice an altered ball path or jump.

#1061 7 years ago

Help us finally answer a nagging question.
Was creature manufactured with a center post or not ?
I have only seen one without a post.

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Help us finally answer a nagging question.
Was creature manufactured with a center post or not ?
I have only seen one without a post.

I have never seen one with a center post?

#1063 7 years ago

the machine was NOT manufactured with a center post

any machine that you've seen "in the wild" having one was modified by someone who thought that the game was too difficult with that signature Trudeau flipper gap, so they added one to increase play times

#1064 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Yesterday I was just thinking about that... I almost always get stdm when the ball comes from the "move you car" lane... Mine don't have a center post but I'm seriously considering installing one.

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Quoted from j_m_:

the machine was NOT manufactured with a center post
any machine that you've seen "in the wild" having one was modified by someone who thought that the game was too difficult with that signature Trudeau flipper gap, so they added one to increase play times

Thanks guys .

#1066 7 years ago

I have never seen one with a center post either.

#1067 7 years ago

I saw a few with center posts years back when I was looking for one. I stayed clear of them.

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yesterday I was just thinking about that... I almost always get stdm when the ball comes from the "move you car" lane... Mine don't have a center post but I'm seriously considering installing one.

have you got the flower pot rubber to the lhs of the snackbar hole as this helps deflect a stdm

my game doesn't have a centre post and my spare playfield does not either - just a traditional larger Trudeau flipper gap.

#1069 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

have you got the flower pot rubber to the lhs of the snackbar hole as this helps deflect a stdm
my game doesn't have a centre post and my spare playfield does not either - just a traditional larger Trudeau flipper gap.

Flower pot rubber? Now you got me... Do you have a pic?

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

lol, sorry that is my name for it but it is this one

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6579

cftbl5 (resized).jpgcftbl5 (resized).jpg

screen-capture-21 (resized).pngscreen-capture-21 (resized).png

#1071 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That is a fantastic name for that rubber, obvious when you see it!

#1072 7 years ago

Does anyone have a CFTBL Pinsound profile apart from this: Creature_From_The_Black_Lagoon_1992.zip

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

lol, sorry that is my name for it but it is this one
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6579

Ok, so I also got the infamous "flower pot rubber" ... Anyways, giving another thought, I won't drill a hole in my PF, specially in that spot, so I guess the only other way to fix my "problem" is to become a better pinball player!

#1074 7 years ago

You won't have to drill...it goes on an existing post, it's a stock part.

#1075 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You won't have to drill...it goes on an existing post, it's a stock part.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear... I was talkin about "installing" the center post between the flippers....

#1076 7 years ago

Aaahhh. Yeah, I would never do that either.

#1077 7 years ago

You do not want to go that way....

#1078 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear... I was talkin about "installing" the center post between the flippers....

I hear ya, my car was too fast so I installed a center post in the hood.

Are you crazy? You're going to drill a hole into a ~$5K pinball machine?

#1079 7 years ago

Get larger(carrot) flippers or anything else that can be reversed.

#1080 7 years ago

go for carrot flippers or my 1/8" longer bats that can be swapped for regular ones in a few minutes.

#1081 7 years ago

...or learn how to place your shots better. Most every single SDTM drain is a result of a poor shot--at least that is my experience. Now--the outlanes drive me crazy!

#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

...or learn how to place your shots better. Most every single SDTM drain is a result of a poor shot--at least that is my experience. Now--the outlanes drive me crazy!

Exactly - mostly when the ball goes up to the "move your car" lane, but with not enough speed to get to the PAID lanes....

#1083 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

The motors do go bad, and can blow fuses as they do. Get new ones from pbresource.

PBResource doesn't have the hologram mirror motor. Anyone know of a source for these? Otherwise I'm going with a static 'Creature Feature' with the motor disconnected. (It feels like the gearing is stripped or at least compromised, but the motor casing doesn't look like it's made to be opened and reclosed, so I haven't tried that, not that I'd be able to replace gears anyway.)

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

PBResource doesn't have the hologram mirror motor. Anyone know of a source for these? Otherwise I'm going with a static 'Creature Feature' with the motor disconnected. (It feels like the gearing is stripped or at least compromised, but the motor casing doesn't look like it's made to be opened and reclosed, so I haven't tried that, not that I'd be able to replace gears anyway.)

If I sell my game, I may have the whole assembly and hologram for sale.

#1085 7 years ago

I was looking for one a few months ago, and the only source I could find was some Brasilian website - motor was $100... Make sure you exhaust all your options first!

#1086 7 years ago

So I am having some issues with my MikeD hologram mod and I think the Raspberry Pi board is going bad...already discussed with Mike. So my question is where can I get an identical replacement Raspberry Pi board? It is supposed to be RPI B+ v2, but I ordered one off eBay and the pin connector that connects is to the other board is not the same. It also had a mini-SD card versus a regular SD card. Anyone know where I can get a replacement Raspberry Pi board identical to the original that came with the mod?

Thanks, Rob

#1089 7 years ago

Picked up a Creech last week. Never fully understood the appeal of this game until recently but what a great game! I've always loved the theme (drive in campiness), but the gameplay is incredible as well. So happy to grab one!

#1090 7 years ago

Nothing much beats getting the Super Jackpot--very difficult and a real accomplishment.

#1091 7 years ago

What a great game! Really love the theme. Getting played the most right now from Guests and me.

#1092 7 years ago

Hello guys, the snackbar hole in my pinball is really worned (hope you can see from the picture) so i wanted to buy an hole protector. I've seen that there are several types. There is the single one that cover entirely the hole and for the same price the couple for both snackbar and kiss holes but they don't cover all the outer place. Which option would you choose and why?

Thank you!

Foto 03-10-16, 21 54 55 (1) (resized).jpgFoto 03-10-16, 21 54 55 (1) (resized).jpg

creatureprotectors (resized).JPGcreatureprotectors (resized).JPG

cftbl_cliffy_protector (resized).jpgcftbl_cliffy_protector (resized).jpg

#1093 7 years ago

You dont want the pair you have pictured they make the hole to small. I took mine off and got rid of it. The cliffy is a much better fitting and works better. neither one is not going to cover that hole.

#1094 7 years ago

cliffy makes an oversized snackbar hole protector. shoot him an email with a photo and verify that it will cover up all of your existing damage.

if not, you may have to apply some wood filler to shrink the hole size and then use the oversized cliffy protector

#1095 7 years ago

Cliffy

www.passionforpinball.com

#1096 7 years ago

More directly: http://www.passionforpinball.com/CFTBL_Protectors.htm

There's a photo of one case where epoxy wood or the equivalent was used to shore up the hole before installing the protector. It's not rocket science, but you want to be sure not to overdo the filler thickness or reduce the hole size too much--if the cliffy is stressed by the playfield shape, it can be warped and affect play. If you find that's the case, just remove it and file away filler until it installs nicely.

#1097 7 years ago

Thanks for your reply! do you think that the kisslane hole needs a protector too? it is subjct to major worns?

#1098 7 years ago
Quoted from netminda:

So I am having some issues with my MikeD hologram mod and I think the Raspberry Pi board is going bad...already discussed with Mike. So my question is where can I get an identical replacement Raspberry Pi board? It is supposed to be RPI B+ v2, but I ordered one off eBay and the pin connector that connects is to the other board is not the same. It also had a mini-SD card versus a regular SD card. Anyone know where I can get a replacement Raspberry Pi board identical to the original that came with the mod?
Thanks, Rob

I ordered the suggested board on this thread from Amazon and it's not the correct Raspberry Pi board. It had the incorrect number of pins for the connector that goes to the other board. It also had mini-SD instead of SD. Anyone know where I can get an exact Raspberry Pi replacement board for my MikeD hologram mod? I can live with the mini-SD, but it has to have the correct number of pins to fit the connector.

Thanks, Rob

#1099 7 years ago
Quoted from netminda:

I ordered the suggested board on this thread from Amazon and it's not the correct Raspberry Pi board. It had the incorrect number of pins for the connector that goes to the other board. It also had mini-SD instead of SD. Anyone know where I can get an exact Raspberry Pi replacement board for my MikeD hologram mod? I can live with the mini-SD, but it has to have the correct number of pins to fit the connector.
Thanks, Rob

Looks like MikeD is making the mod soon so maybe when there are more people w the mod they would be able to help out?

#1100 7 years ago

Have you contacted MikeD? I've always found him to be extremely helpful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.