51231431265_70e66fbb70_o (resized).jpg
51231129844_8c802be4c1_o (resized).jpg
51231129744_23f7ec088f_o (resized).jpg
51230585418_8fbf55329a_o (resized).jpg
51230373551_2c7774fc5d_o (resized).jpg
51230572768_9acc00fa14_o (resized).jpg
51229655942_4dbaf87686_o (resized).jpg
Screenshot (95) (resized).png

There are 3938 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 79.
#1301 4 years ago

Regarding LEds, please resist the urge to put colors into the GI for the most part

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Regarding LEds, please resist the urge to put colors into the GI for the most part

Definitely. I flooded my TOTAN with purple frosted LEDs and it killed the colour. Replaced around 90% of them to standard white LEDs, leaving a few of the coloured ones in the places where they complimented the playfield's colouring. Same plan for CFTBL, sticking with normal whites, particularly on the bottom half of the playfield.

#1303 4 years ago

I'd love to do the bumpers and paid plastics i teal.

The bumpers in teal look great but the lane guides in teal were just too much for me. I changed the lanes back to orange to mimic the sun setting and liked it much more. Its your game so you can do as you like.

#1304 4 years ago

You'll loose all the warmth if you led this, many (including me) think Creech looks best with incandescents.

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

he bumpers in teal look great but the lane guides in teal were just too much for me. I changed the lanes back to orange to mimic the sun setting and liked it much more.

I'm a believer thanks

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You'll loose all the warmth if you led this, many (including me) think Creech looks best with incandescents.

Might not be as bad if I use warm white. I'm getting rid of incandescents mostly due to the blackening and warping of plastics. They're expensive and rare, so it's really worth doing a conversion. Anyhow, I "backup" my pins before using them (scan of the playfield, scan of plastic artwork), most often when I'm doing the LED conversion since most pins come with incandescents. That way anything that breaks I can reproduce without having to spend a fortune on replacements. God bless 3D and screen printing.

#1307 4 years ago

Anyone added lights to the pop bumpers? How difficult is it?

#1308 4 years ago

I did, and it was not as hard as I was expecting. I believe I used the flexible pop bumper light sockets to make it easier--at least I think I read somewhere those were easier to hook up. It is well worth the effort as it really lights up that area. I stayed with the red caps rather than go teal, and I think it looks really good.

#1309 4 years ago

just putting it out there, have completed a last batch (4 left) for the year of the snackbar mods and will do more early next year if there is interest. send me a pm if you want one - $250 + $25.50 Aus Dollars (AUD) to US / Canada and add $5 for Europe.

37d96766afc8990473c9699c09a9d5029b5d8a53 (resized).jpg

#1310 4 years ago

GorillaBiscuits, although there's not an official preview you can get an idea here:

https://vimeo.com/203899534
https://vimeo.com/157273836

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi Peter, thats my mix and available to download from the Pinsound community pages.

I got your mix already it is great. But I do not recall that the song Mr. sandman and also the ending is different. That's why I thought it was another mix. Did you change some songs? Or are those random? I now have elvis, and at the end the song you belong to me. Which is great but I like to switch sometimes.

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I got your mix already it is great. But I do not recall that the song Mr. sandman and also the ending is different. That's why I thought it was another mix. Did you change some songs? Or are those random? I now have elvis, and at the end the song you belong to me. Which is great but I like to switch sometimes.

There are 18 songs used for game over including Mr Sandman, it should play a different song every time (more or less).

#1313 4 years ago

Ok thanks, I will check that, shall play some more.

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone added lights to the pop bumpers? How difficult is it?

I used the one detailed by theKorn ( see http://www.thekorn.net/cftbl/ ). Pretty happy with the end result and it was very easy to do.

I also looked at the KansasPinball one (see http://www.kansaspinball.com/popbumpermods.htm )

I will probably upgrade my lights in the pop bumper caps to the led rings that Homepin is making for TAG (once they are available).

Overall, very easy upgrade & well worth the effort.

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

GorillaBiscuits, although there's not an official preview you can get an idea here:
» Vimeo video
» Vimeo video

That whole pinsound idea may be awesome but I'm still to hear anything better than the original sounds! But, that's just MHO...

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from Guy_with_a_Pin:

I used the one detailed by theKorn ( see http://www.thekorn.net/cftbl/ ). Pretty happy with the end result and it was very easy to do.
I also looked at the KansasPinball one (see http://www.kansaspinball.com/popbumpermods.htm )
I will probably upgrade my lights in the pop bumper caps to the led rings that homepin is making for TAG (once they are available).
Overall, very easy upgrade & well worth the effort.

Thanks mate - I'll look at both of those options and hope I have the ability to do it lol

#1317 4 years ago

Mine came with the lit bumpers, I do very much like the teal. I presume swapping out the pop bumpers themselves is much easier than installing the lights? I'd love to do the bumpers and paid plastics i teal. I also REALLY want the pinsound, is there a preview link for wool's mix?

If you replace the skirts, then you have to completely disassemble everything, including unsoldering the lights. I installed mine with leads from the lightning bolts, which makes them flash when the bolts flash and are easy to remove. But if you just replace the top of the bumper then yes that's pretty straight forward, just removing the ramps is kind of a pain

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That whole pinsound idea may be awesome but I'm still to hear anything better than the original sounds! But, that's just MHO...

all opinions are perfectly valid, beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say

#1319 4 years ago

Anybody looking to "go green" with their DMD? I recently installed a color DMD, so I'm selling my green one. $165 OBO shipped.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmds-blue-green-wpc-wpc-95-stern-orig-lcd-color-dmd

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Your mix sounds great , I am going to order a pinsound board for my Creech now, only ever fitted them in my Data East games before! Is this the mix on the pinsound form called CFTBL_Mike.zip? It's the only one I can see.

My Creech also has the brake light/sign/moon mod but I think someone did a home made version, this is the board driving mine (works fine though)

20170412_175956 (resized).jpg

I have (I think) a really nice topper on mine that a friend made for me

CFTBL Topper (resized).JPG

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I think someone did a home made version, this is the board driving mine (works fine though)

That's definitely homemade. What does it look like when lit up? It can't be that difficult to create a version of this mod that works without all the bells and whistles of the original mod. I'm surprised no one else has attempted a cheaper version of it.

#1322 4 years ago

Lit pop bumpers are a must IMO. That area has a great blue color that really brings a lot to the overall look when it's lit up. If you can get the snack bar mod from Swinks I highly recommend it!

I also made a custom car mod with the headlight synched to the Move your car light, a pink light in the front seat when kiss is lit, and a green light in the back seat during multiball.

8Z3YRit (resized).jpg

car (resized).jpg

#1323 4 years ago

Is that a Cadillac?

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

That's definitely homemade. What does it look like when lit up?

It looks ok, not as bright as the one pictured before though.

20170413_083448 (resized).jpg

#1325 4 years ago

I would love to do a project like that, the tail lights I can do the Starlight i just don not know where to start.
I hope someone picks this up to make another run. Maybe something for the pinballSP guy that is now creating that creature mod.

#1326 4 years ago

I've considered doing a run of JUST the drilled out speaker panel.
I have a CNC machine I can use but havent gotten around to it.

I actually think someone sells them allready,maybe thats why i never bothered.
I'll do my own at some stage but first I need a good scaled scan of the panel

#1327 4 years ago
#1328 4 years ago

Woop woop! On my way home, CFTBL in the back of the van. Officially a club member now.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is that a Cadillac?

Yup! 1949 Cadillac Coupe Deville. Had the closest look to the car on the playfield IMO and seemed appropriate for the time period. Managed to smush 4 mini LEDs in there and wired it up. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

Yup! 1949 Cadillac Coupe Deville. Had the closest look to the car on the playfield IMO and seemed appropriate for the time period. Managed to smush 4 mini LEDs in there and wired it up. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Very nicely done.

#1331 4 years ago

I have stripped down my Creature and have 2 questions of the group

#1 - is the post sleeve to the left of the snack bar hole supposed to be a tapered rubber?

#2 - the mylar on the playfield covers my clear plastic lagoon window but parts of it show a gap between the plastic window and the playfield. Should I be buying a new window and decals here?

Pics below

IMG_0628 (resized).JPG

IMG_0629 (resized).JPG

IMG_0630 (resized).JPG

#1332 4 years ago

#1 the rubber on the post is normally a tapered rubber but with no spacer - I call it a flower pot rubber. Saves a SDTM
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=93_98&products_id=623

#2 maybe try removing the mylar first and give it a polish and re-level to the playfield.
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3269

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Your mix sounds great , I am going to order a pinsound board for my Creech now, only ever fitted them in my Data East games before! Is this the mix on the pinsound form called CFTBL_Mike.zip? It's the only one I can see.
My Creech also has the brake light/sign/moon mod but I think someone did a home made version, this is the board driving mine (works fine though)

I have (I think) a really nice topper on mine that a friend made for me

Hi Matt, glad you like it, you can find it here at the Pinsound community pages:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=171

#1334 4 years ago

Got around to fitting my Creech with LEDs. They bring out the colour much better. I might change the purple one deeper in the playfield to a normal white superbright (purple really kills the playfield and plastic colour, a lesson learned from my TOTAN).

IMG_1071 (resized).JPG

IMG_1070 (resized).JPG

I decided to go wild with the Creech. I ordered the alternate NSFW translite, and as this game needs a little touching up, I'm planning a restoration in the summer. I'll get a playfield scan and print out a new playfield on plywood like I did for my EATPM cause that came out amazing. CPR playfields are a bit too pricey for me. I'll edit the playfield after scanning to do the NSFW conversion oh, well...

Pinblades are also a must for this game!!! I'm actually thinking of making custom ones with cars etc, not the swamp theme.

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I'm actually thinking of making custom ones with cars etc, not the swamp theme.

If you do, make them for sale here. There are quite a few of us that are not fans of the swamp theme.

#1336 4 years ago

Definitely then! I'll get started with them this week. Will keep you posted with previews.

#1337 4 years ago

Did you do the leds with ocd board? What leds did you use? Possible to share a video?

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

If you do, make them for sale here. There are quite a few of us that are not fans of the swamp theme.

There are other ones out here that are not the swamp ones but drive in movie ones.

#1339 4 years ago

Back in the day, when I first heard about a CftBL pin, I remember I got so disappointed when I first saw the game and realized it was much more drive-in related than on the monster itself... Yes, I'm a huge horror fan!!!

#1340 4 years ago

There are other ones out here that are not the swamp ones but drive in movie ones.

Links? Pictures? Would like to see what's available...

#1341 4 years ago

I've only ever seen the purple swamp ones.

#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Same here... :/

#1343 4 years ago

I have been begging for drive-in themed side blades for Months.

#1344 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Links? Pictures? Would like to see what's available...

Quoted from Fifty:

Quoted from alveolus:

I have been begging for drive-in themed side blades for Months.

Ok guys let me get the info together and I will get it for you.

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have stripped down my Creature and have 2 questions of the group
#1 - is the post sleeve to the left of the snack bar hole supposed to be a tapered rubber?
#2 - the mylar on the playfield covers my clear plastic lagoon window but parts of it show a gap between the plastic window and the playfield. Should I be buying a new window and decals here?
Pics below

#1 My white spacer is on top of the tapered rubber. Maybe that's what Swinks meant, too, instead of "no spacer."

#2 There's supposed to be a gap between the playfield and window. Are you saying the mylar bridges that gap in some areas? It's hard to tell from the pics, but it shouldn't.

#1346 4 years ago

Hi, finally picked up my Creech last week. Tons of fun, even my girlfriend enjoys it. Ill read the posts and then shoot any questions afterwards.

#1347 4 years ago

Started working on the pinblades. It's a nightmare... Unfortunately, I won't be able to produce these for sale unless I strike some sort of deal with the artist who drew these beautiful cars. Personal use for now.

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 18.16.34 (resized).png

#1348 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

#1 My white spacer is on top of the tapered rubber. Maybe that's what Swinks meant, too, instead of "no spacer."
#2 There's supposed to be a gap between the playfield and window. Are you saying the mylar bridges that gap in some areas? It's hard to tell from the pics, but it shouldn't.

Yes the Mylar bridges that gap so I assume it's not original Mylar. I think it needs to be removed. Then do I clear coat or just wax the diamond plate playfield?

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi Matt, glad you like it, you can find it here at the Pinsound community pages

Awesome, found it, thanks mate

#1350 4 years ago

Ok guys let me get the info together and I will get it for you.

I would prefer something from the perspective of a drive-in movie goer. Along the lines of what this Pinsider did: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-side-rail-mod#post-2885261. But perhaps with more depth of perspective.

There are 3938 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 79.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside