(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,909 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,909 posts in this topic. You are on page 447 of 499.
#22301 1 year ago

Thanks all ... appreciated!

#22302 1 year ago

I read that Foo Fighters pros made during first run are only for operators and home pros wait could be 6 months? If true, smokedog or pins4life please tell me that either Pokeys or Arkadium are getting one? I can't wait to Yegpin to try one out.

#22303 1 year ago

This has been the case for the past few releases however if Nitro & P1 have extra allocation on first run I believe they prioritize based upon their their list to give to collectors. Arkadium is committed to purchase every Stern pro machine on a go forward basis.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I read that Foo Fighters pros made during first run are only for operators and home pros wait could be 6 months? If true, smokedog or pins4life please tell me that either Pokeys or Arkadium are getting one? I can't wait to Yegpin to try one out.

#22304 1 year ago

What Derek said.

Quoted from pins4life33:

Arkadium is committed to purchase every Stern pro machine on a go forward basis.

Except this. I only buy the good ones

#22305 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

What Derek said.

What Jason said, lol.
You can play FF pro here in Calgary as well at The Hidden Spot.

#22306 1 year ago

Spider-Man sold pending payment.

Big Game still available.

#22307 1 year ago

I just listed my TMNT Premium on Kijiji, here is the link. One of the Titan slingshot rubbers must of broke and I didn’t notice when I was taking pictures, whoops. I will replace with a new one of course.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/lethbridge/tmnt-premium-pinball/1652495629?

#22308 1 year ago

So I am guessing that My Little Pony is out of the question, you are going to miss out big time when it comes out...

Quoted from smokedog:

What Derek said.

#22309 1 year ago

Question about doing a deal across the boarder. What is the best way to pay? I would rather pay at the time I’m seeing the machine. If I cross would it be fine to bring 5k us cash with me? Money order or something like that? Or PayPal?

#22310 1 year ago

No issues crossing the border with cash. They will ask you if you are travelling with more than $10,000. As long as you declare the cash ( even if it is greater than $10k ) there is no issues. They may question why you are carrying that amount of money. Tell them that you are going across to purchase a pin. You should have no problem.

#22311 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Question about doing a deal across the boarder. What is the best way to pay? I would rather pay at the time I’m seeing the machine. If I cross would it be fine to bring 5k us cash with me? Money order or something like that? Or PayPal?

Your good I do it all the time

#22312 1 year ago

You must declare 10k and over. If you don't you could be subject to penalty or even seizure. If it's under 10k, don't even mention it unless asked. After crossing the border don't let any law enforcement know that you have any cash. US has a real problem right now with civil asset forfeiture. I'm actually surprised I have not heard a story about it yet in the pin community.
The best advice I can give for crossing the border is to be as laconic as possible. Simple one word answers are the best. As soon as you start to become superfluous in your answers they will start to think something is hinky and yank you over.

#22313 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Anyone have a STNG they want to move on ?

found one !

thanks to @toastmaster04 for going well out of his way to help ...

thanks to all for the leads and tips, greatly appreciated, such a great community!

ROADTRIP !

#22314 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

found one !
thanks to @toastmaster04 for going well out of his way to help ...
thanks to all for the leads and tips, greatly appreciated, such a great community!
ROADTRIP !

Slap a Pinsound and ColorDMD in there and it really transforms the game.

#22315 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Slap a Pinsound and ColorDMD in there and it really transforms the game.

have a spare LCD Colordmd ready to go , will just and a subwoofer to the game , will do for my needs!

looking forward to my second STNG it's only one I regretted selling !

#22316 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

have a spare LCD Colordmd ready to go , will just and a subwoofer to the game , will do for my needs!
looking forward to my second STNG it's only one I regretted selling !

The Pinsound makes a bigger impact than the ColorDMD. How often do you really look at the DMD while playing vs you are constantly hearing music/sound effects. But I'm very much into the whole immersion thing and for me the high quality sound really completes it. You can also make interesting changes without detracting from the game experience. Listen to the Patrick Stewart call outs

#22317 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The Pinsound makes a bigger impact than the ColorDMD. How often do you really look at the DMD while playing vs you are constantly hearing music/sound effects. But I'm very much into the whole immersion thing and for me the high quality sound really completes it. You can also make interesting changes without detracting from the game experience. Listen to the Patrick Stewart call outs

that sounds really great.

#22318 1 year ago

That makes me want a modern STTNG fully voice acted by the original cast. NOT a Picard themed pin.

#22319 1 year ago
Quoted from JordanB:

That makes me want a modern STTNG fully voice acted by the original cast. NOT a Picard themed pin.

It already is even without Pinsound. Not sure what you mean.

I just changed Picard specific call outs to add some swearing. We all know Picard wanted to.

#22320 1 year ago
Quoted from Theganch:

There must be a forum that explains all of this in better detail, so as not to once again derail the purpose of this thread. Plus, it would be easier to navigate, rather than trying to find information here and there throughout this “pins for sale in Canada” thread.
My pinside search has come up with several.
Anyone know of one that is most current? Does another one need to be started?
We are all curious, I’m sure.
On a side note, does anyone have any pins for sale in Canada?
Anyone looking for a project Black Knight, Scorpion or Flash Gordon?

I did start this but it needs to be updated for items other than pins for sale.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-canada-links-to-buy-sellshippingtourneygen-chat-etc

#22321 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for a gorgeous fully restored IJ let me know. I will be letting mine go. I purchased it after it was fully restored maybe 8-10 years ago.
Basically every part and piece including clearcoated playfield, cabinet decals, topper, mods, gun, rails, legs color dmd. Totally done up from top to bottom. I have a large collection so it really hasn't been played that much. I am going to list at $15,900 USD as soon as I get my photos and ad together.

#22322 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If anyone is looking for a gorgeous fully restored IJ let me know. I will be letting mine go. I purchased it after it was fully restored maybe 8-10 years ago.
Basically every part and piece including clearcoated playfield, cabinet decals, topper, mods, gun, rails, legs color dmd. Totally done up from top to bottom. I have a large collection so it really hasn't been played that much. I am going to list at $15,900 USD as soon as I get my photos and ad together.

If you're going to list in USD in the Canadian thread might as well go all out and list it at 19,999 USD.

#22324 1 year ago

Ij is more than a jjpce apparently nowadays

#22325 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

That is more than my AC/DC Pro.

#22326 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If you're going to list in USD in the Canadian thread might as well go all out and list it at 19,999 USD.

Well I really just want a godfather so using USD but your number $19,999 in CAD is likely close.

#22327 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Well I really just want a godfather so using USD but your number $19,999 in CAD is likely close.

20,626.58 Canadian Dollars not including shipping ....

#22328 1 year ago

Hey all. After much back and forth debate with my all stern lineup, I'm moving in a slightly different direction - so the following are up for sale. Not looking to ship at this particular time, pickup only (so don't ask to ship). Located in St. Albert, which is just outside Edmonton, Alberta. Titles and prices are as follows and message me for pics if any interest exists. I'll probably throw ads up on kajiji in a few days, pics will be there also:

Stern TMNT Pro
-includes green powder coat, stern art blades, stern shaker motor, flipper fidelity speaker upgrades, stern official topper, plastic protectors, full cliffy's, titan rubbers and Neca krang figure
$9,500 CDN with topper
$8,500 CDN without topper

Stern Iron Maiden Pro
- most recent run including red powder coat, stern art blades, stern shaker motor, stern headphone jack, flipper fidelity speaker upgrades, plastic protectors, titan rubbers, full cliffy's, premium figures and Gus the professional mod
$10,500 CDN

Stern Mandalorian Pro
- includes root beer powder coat, stern art blades, stern shaker motor, flipper fidelity speaker upgrades, stern headphone jack, stern official topper, plastic protectors, titan rubbers, full cliffy's and stern premium metal ramps.
$9,000 without topper CDN
$11,500 with topper CDN

Anyone that's seen the games can vouch they are in beautiful condition. Time for a shakeup though......

Update, Iron Maiden conditionally sold. Turtles and Mando still available.

#22329 1 year ago

Price drop on TMNT Premium with under 400 plays 11k. I’ve also decided to sell my MBLE 610 plays I’m the original owner. Stock other than I added Cliffys, Brian Allen translite and side art . I’m asking 17k OBO.
I will post on kijiji tonight.

#22330 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Hey all. After much back and forth debate with my all stern lineup, I'm moving in a slightly different direction - so the following are up for sale. Not looking to ship at this particular time, pickup only (so don't ask to ship). Located in St. Albert, which is just outside Edmonton, Alberta. Titles and prices are as follows and message me for pics if any interest exists. I'll probably throw ads up on kajiji in a few days, pics will be there also:
Stern TMNT Pro
-includes green powder coat, stern art blades, stern shaker motor, flipper fidelity speaker upgrades, stern official topper, plastic protectors, full cliffy's, titan rubbers and Neca krang figure
$9,500 CDN with topper
$8,500 CDN without topper
Stern Iron Maiden Pro
- most recent run including red powder coat, stern art blades, stern shaker motor, stern headphone jack, flipper fidelity speaker upgrades, plastic protectors, titan rubbers, full cliffy's, premium figures and Gus the professional mod
$10,500 CDN
Stern Mandalorian Pro
- includes root beer powder coat, stern art blades, stern shaker motor, flipper fidelity speaker upgrades, stern headphone jack, stern official topper, plastic protectors, titan rubbers, full cliffy's and stern premium metal ramps.
$9,000 without topper CDN
$11,500 with topper CDN
Anyone that's seen the games can vouch they are in beautiful condition. Time for a shakeup though......
Update, Iron Maiden conditionally sold. Turtles and Mando still available.

Kajiji ads now up for Mando and Turtles which have pictures.

#22331 1 year ago

Iron Maiden premium for sale, has some mods, mirror blades, custom shooter rod,upgraded translucent rubbers and red posts. Body/playfield in perfect shape. $13,500CDN. Also open to trades. Pick up in Aurora. Thanks.

#22332 1 year ago

GNR (Limited Edition) for sale $13,750 CDN plus GST, looking for a good home... Time to bring in a new machine will come with a new plastic set and we will shop it before transfer to new owner. Pick up at Arkadium Retro Arcade or we can ship it out for a fee.

#22333 1 year ago

The great sell off begins ..

#22334 1 year ago

Can we just get back to talking nonsense all these pins for sale at these prices is super depressing.

#22335 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Can we just get back to talking nonsense all these pins for sale at these prices is super depressing.

It is crazy….
Easy fix:
Will offer some left over quiet Stern fans to stir things up a bit.

#22336 1 year ago

I wish prices on used pins weren't crazy. Personally, I would rather buy a new pin then a used one since prices can be similar.

#22337 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I wish prices on used pins weren't crazy. Personally, I would rather buy a new pin then a used one since prices can be similar.

And if you get the Multimorphic P3, buying new games costs less than $5k CAD

#22338 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I’m selling a Stern Premium TMNT with Shaker, Art Blades, Cliffys, quiet fan, for 11k, NIB Stern Premium will cost you over 13k.

#22339 1 year ago

With most used pins you can't get them new so now you are making the choice do I want the new pin that is out or do I want the old pin but pay the same money or sometimes more for it because I can't get it anymore. Hard call and first world problems, only the market will dictate. A great example is here:

NIB: $11,000 USD ($14,567.69 Paypal CDN) + $400 ($523.34 Paypal CDN) Shipping + GST (754.55 CDN) = $15,845.58 total CDN. The cold hard reality is that NIB prices are bananas and keep going up and it drives up the used markets and will continue to drive up the used market as long as sales trend where they are for NIB machines. The only way to slow this down is to stop buying and maybe the market will cool. I don't see that happening thou especially with all the new people coming in to the hobby and with all of the new pinball machines being made each year now.

Let's take my used GNRLE in Alberta we have our used one listed for $14,437.50, it is almost $1,300 less than new if you were to purchase new in Alberta, worse if anywhere else in Canada. Would someone rather buy a new pin for $1,300 more or take a used one for a little less, I dunno that is the choice every person has to make, how much is enough of a haircut from NIB to make it so the used pin price isn't crazy anymore... All in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Quoted from JordyRamone:

#22340 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And if you get the Multimorphic P3, buying new games costs less than $5k CAD

After you buy the cabinet for the different games for a lot more than $5k CDN.

I love the concept though.

#22341 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

With most used pins you can't get them new so now you are making the choice do I want the new pin that is out or do I want the old pin but pay the same money or sometimes more for it because I can't get it anymore. Hard call and first world problems, only the market will dictate. A great example is here:
NIB: $11,000 USD ($14,567.69 Paypal CDN) + $400 ($523.34 Paypal CDN) Shipping + GST (754.55 CDN) = $15,845.58 total CDN. The cold hard reality is that NIB prices are bananas and keep going up and it drives up the used markets and will continue to drive up the used market as long as sales trend where they are for NIB machines. The only way to slow this down is to stop buying and maybe the market will cool. I don't see that happening thou especially with all the new people coming in to the hobby and with all of the new pinball machines being made each year now.
Let's take my used GNRLE in Alberta we have our used one listed for $14,437.50, it is almost $1,300 less than new if you were to purchase new in Alberta, worse if anywhere else in Canada. Would someone rather buy a new pin for $1,300 more or take a used one for a little less, I dunno that is the choice every person has to make, how much is enough of a haircut from NIB to make it so the used pin price isn't crazy anymore... All in the eye of the beholder I guess.

At $1000-$1500, I'd buy NIB if the used one is dimpled etc. At $2K savings, it might still cause me to consider new. It is worth it for me to put my own wear time into my pin. That and I do installed playfield protectors where I can so I need to do that on a virgin PF.

#22342 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

The only way to slow this down is to stop buying

lol. Once i get to 83 pins I'll stop buying, i promise.

#22343 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

After you buy the cabinet for the different games for a lot more than $5k CDN.
I love the concept though.

Oh hell yes it's expensive to get started (about the same as a Stern prem). But then as soon as you get a second game you've "saved money". Focus on how much you saved as opposed to how much you've spent.

I went all in. My add-on modules are a few months backlogged though.

#22344 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Oh hell yes it's expensive to get started (about the same as a Stern prem). But then as soon as you get a second game you've "saved money". Focus on how much you saved as opposed to how much you've spent.
I went all in. My add-on modules are a few months backlogged though.

Absolutely it will save money.
How long does it take to change from one module to the next?

The space saving is the other biggie. I don't have a huge space, so I have room for one... mayyyybe 2 machines.

#22345 1 year ago

The space saving is the other biggie. I don't have a huge space, so I have room for one... mayyyybe 2 machines.

Looks about as straightforward as it could be mechanically.

Check out this video from Buffalo pinball:

#22346 1 year ago

You need access from the side (either side). It takes about 30-60 seconds. Easier with a small stool by the game, especially with the heavier modules like Weird Al or Heist..

It's only 3 connections on most games. There's an extra connector for modules with monitors (LL-EE and CL). 2 X Molex, 1 X USB, and 1 X network cable (only on modules with an additional monitor).

#22347 1 year ago

seems longer than 30-60 seconds , after everything looks like 20 -30 minutes , re video

#22348 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

seems longer than 30-60 seconds , after everything looks like 20 -30 minutes , re video

Nothing in pinball takes 30-60 seconds, except maybe taking the glass off.

#22349 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Nothing in pinball takes 30-60 seconds

Me draining a pinball..!

#22350 1 year ago

Seems reasonable the trick is can you find one for that. Ask all those Metallica owners, would they sell their MET for 2K less than MRSP of a NIB pinball machine, I kinda doubt it... Once a machine goes out of production all bets are off, but if a machine is still available in circulation you may be able to find some deals like that. I dunno too many people thou that want to take a 2K hit on their NIB purchase.

Quoted from dnaman:

At $1000-$1500, I'd buy NIB if the used one is dimpled etc. At $2K savings, it might still cause me to consider new. It is worth it for me to put my own wear time into my pin. That and I do installed playfield protectors where I can so I need to do that on a virgin PF.

There are 24,909 posts in this topic. You are on page 447 of 499.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/447 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.