(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,772 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3132 8 years ago

Does anyone have a BMF that they are looking to sell?

Not looking for a project but I'm ok with a flakey display as I will just replace it.

3 years later
#10886 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

AFMLE $10k green trim less than 200 plays, comes with glow in the dark rubbers installed. Londonpinball need not apply, Your to cheap

Hey don't put us all into that category

4 months later
#11781 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Based on a bill of sale cost I would assume ?

Like others have said, it depends on the border guy/girl but you don't want to get caught (then flagged for future visits) trying to scam them on declared value. They can go through your phone and may hunt around, should they think that the pin is worth more. A hand written receipt is not worth the paper that it's written on, if they think that you are lying they will try to find something online to compare.

#11782 4 years ago

Anyone have a minty QC TOTAN available? I prefer brass hardware.

1 year later
#16705 2 years ago

WTB a minty (restored or CQ) EATPM.

Let me know what you have available, thank you.

4 months later
#17842 2 years ago

Looking for a CQ / restored Elvira and the Party Monsters if anyone has one available to finish off our collection. Please PM me.

1 month later
#18305 2 years ago

Might be a long shot but does anyone in Ontario have or have access to a NIB Big Lebowski?

#18307 2 years ago

FANTASTIC SELLER POST: Birdnest

This post comes embarrassingly late but I've wanted to share my amazing purchase experience with Steve ( Birdnest ) in Porters Lake, NS last month.

Steve responded to one of my want ads for an EATPM. Steve did a top to bottom restore on the pin and was considering selling it. We exchanged a few PMs and then spoke over the phone and he wanted to provide a video chat/overview of the restore work. There isn't enough room here to write down everything that Steve did to this pin, from glass-flat cabinet finishing and art to CPR Gold PF, Mirrored BG, all new plastics, ramps, displays etc... This pin was in amazing condition! CQ to be sure.

One of the many things that impressed me about Steve was his openness about showing me the small things that he felt needed to be tweaked or that he wasn't pleased with and really none of these were of much concern to me. We then discussed price and I thought that he was quite fair with his asking price. I agreed to it and I worked out the shipping arrangements through Day & Ross. Steve had a friend who was willing to pallet (wrap and strapping) and deliver to the D&R terminal in Dartmouth which I also thought to be quite reasonable. Fortunately the pin arrived without any issues from D&R and she has been in one of my game rooms with her sisters SS and EHOH. I have seen done the couple of tweaks that we had discussed and I couldn't be happier.

Thank you Steve for making this one happen for me, I would buy from you again in a heartbeat!

#18308 2 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Tommy can possibly get you one long before the Cointaker timeline. Might be worth dropping him a line to see if he has any unclaimed on upcoming shipments.

Sounds good, I'll check it out. It looks like there was a $500US price increase since October which sucks. This would be cool if someone has a place in queue before the increase. That would cover shipping anyway!

4 months later
#19681 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Another game thwt wont be made is Stranger things and it has not been archived yet…

You don't think that they will run it with the next season release?

#19682 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Hoping to keep BM66 and Met MOP LE in Canada, but getting more interest from the US.
Has anybody shipped to the US? If so, what company did you use?

PM sent for additional details on BM66, thanks.

#19683 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Terminal to Terminal $250 to $400 I would say.

What has Nitro typically been charging to ship a used pin for someone in BC to Ontario?

#19697 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Last one for me to Calgary was 300.00

OK thank you! It sounds like you and I are in for a 'new to us pin'! Congrats!

#19698 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Hoping to keep BM66... in Canada...

Well, it looks like we've made that happen! We're stoked to bring it across to a new home.

Thanks again for your quick response.

#19703 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I was literally minutes away from taking that B66. Since we live so close please keep me in mind when you are looking to sale/trade.

That's crazy snd yes of course I will keep you in mind.
I've been looking and had passed on two others so I figured that I should mind the old saying '3rd time is a charm'.
You know my buddy Greg here in London. If you are in London for any reason message me if you have time for a visit l, we'll play and talk pinball.

#19704 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

hope you get the theme song out of head !
congratulations

Thanks!

There is always pinball browser if it is too repetitive. Interestingly, I have long since added sounds and a bit of music from the '66 series to the pinsound in my Batman Forever. A few of the sounds on that just grind you after a short while.

1 week later
#19783 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

This isn't far off the price in CDN for a Premium model pretty much right now. depending on exchange.

I can see it for an LE but for a Stern PRE that's nuts. That said, the BM66 PRE coming in was more still and yes nuts.

#19816 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

$8899
+11% tax
9877 -
9,877 United States Dollar equals
12,643.40 Canadian Dollar

Yes sir and we're at 13% in Ontario plus shipping unless you can pick it up.

I wasn't saying that this wasn't close to the price of a PRE, I just said that it was nuts for a PRE. They will however keep selling and MSRP will continue to rise. Sadly this isn't a hobby that many can step into anymore.

4 weeks later
#19998 1 year ago
Quoted from mIkea:

pinballjah has/had a couple of very nice Metallicas and I believe he is still looking for a GZ Prem

I think that one of the sold but yes both were beauties at least as seen in his pics.

#20034 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pre-order
https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pro
Updated schedule from Stern thread:
June 2022 - Mando Premium
June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
July 2022 - Jurassic Park Pro
July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Led Zeppelin Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Sep 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
Oct 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Nov 2022 - Juraspsic Park Home Edition
Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

No more JP Pre? Or at least in 2022? Were they selling well?

8 months later
#22131 1 year ago

Looking for a TFTC: restored or CQ, thanks.

#22148 1 year ago

Yes, No... Clear as mud.

I buy new from the US (now) and pay accordingly. I try to buy used this side of the border, now. Never say never but it has often been a pain.

2 weeks later
#22341 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

With most used pins you can't get them new so now you are making the choice do I want the new pin that is out or do I want the old pin but pay the same money or sometimes more for it because I can't get it anymore. Hard call and first world problems, only the market will dictate. A great example is here:
NIB: $11,000 USD ($14,567.69 Paypal CDN) + $400 ($523.34 Paypal CDN) Shipping + GST (754.55 CDN) = $15,845.58 total CDN. The cold hard reality is that NIB prices are bananas and keep going up and it drives up the used markets and will continue to drive up the used market as long as sales trend where they are for NIB machines. The only way to slow this down is to stop buying and maybe the market will cool. I don't see that happening thou especially with all the new people coming in to the hobby and with all of the new pinball machines being made each year now.
Let's take my used GNRLE in Alberta we have our used one listed for $14,437.50, it is almost $1,300 less than new if you were to purchase new in Alberta, worse if anywhere else in Canada. Would someone rather buy a new pin for $1,300 more or take a used one for a little less, I dunno that is the choice every person has to make, how much is enough of a haircut from NIB to make it so the used pin price isn't crazy anymore... All in the eye of the beholder I guess.

At $1000-$1500, I'd buy NIB if the used one is dimpled etc. At $2K savings, it might still cause me to consider new. It is worth it for me to put my own wear time into my pin. That and I do installed playfield protectors where I can so I need to do that on a virgin PF.

#22357 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Seems reasonable the trick is can you find one for that. Ask all those Metallica owners, would they sell their MET for 2K less than MRSP of a NIB pinball machine, I kinda doubt it... Once a machine goes out of production all bets are off, but if a machine is still available in circulation you may be able to find some deals like that. I dunno too many people thou that want to take a 2K hit on their NIB purchase.

Exactly. I was only referring to pins which are still in production and for me, I would buy NIB if the savings was $1000-$1500. I extended that by saying that even if the price was $2K of savings, I might still by NIB, might.

#22359 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

yeah but as soon as you play it , it's just another used game .

No you're talking complete sense!!

#22363 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

there are alot of people that have HUO games that are as near perfect as any NIB , many people own games after years with less then 100 plays and if you don't think 1k -1.5k is not worth it then so be it , I guess we need those people because if nobody buys NIB then used HUO doesn't happen

I love me the NIB experience so the 1-1.5 is something that wouldn't phase me. Of course that goes out the window on an out of production title. I wanted a BM66, post production and it cost me. It was then that the lifetime plays became important to me. How close to NIB/gently played can I find, was my goal. I found one with maybe 200 plays and the owner completely modded it up including large metal flake powder. I was fortunate to find it. There are definitely some beautiful HUO pins of course. We are just in a crazy price time, that seemingly has no end. Maybe the latest run on new releases and soon to be released will have some leveling effect, I have no idea.

#22364 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Looking forward to the $2K + haircut when they list their used games that are still in production, maybe that strategy only works for when you buy not when you sell

I don't think that anyone is expecting a $2k cut from an in-production run. If it is referring to my post. I said that even with a $2K cut, I would have to think about it.

5 months later
#23452 8 months ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Always willing to buy your machines for pennies on the dollar to sell back to you later for the same.
Consider it 'played' storage until the divorce is over.

@hollywood, sorry that you are having to go through this. I did as well, back in 2015.

I can do the same if you need to go there. If she knows about pinside, you might just have to purge the account or see if the name can be changed.

Wishing you all the best as you and the kids go through this.

#23461 8 months ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Everything is for sale, just depends on what someone is willing to pay. My loss is your gain...shit like that.

I had someone on PBR contact me in response to an older, but still active want ad for an MM, OG or remake. He said that he had one and asked if I was still looking. I said yes, that i would like to see pics and pricing, and that I have also been on an 'interest list' for a remake, through P1. He replied and essentially said that he wasn't sure that he was selling but that he would contact me after that long weekend.

Never heard back and found it beyond odd that he contacted me, to ultimately say that he wasn't sure if he was selling. How bizarre.

#23472 8 months ago
Quoted from ibenaiah:

Sorry. Fell off my radar. Just bought a new house. Take possession tomorrow and have several renovations starting. Have other priorities at the moment. A few people on this forum know me, and are familiar with the game and provenance. I don’t buy or sell games very often. Feel free to reach out or give me a call. Once things settle down, we can revisit. Thanks!

Life happens. Congrats on the new home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=dnaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.