(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinJim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

The higher the defect rate, the less likely they will take care of customers. 5 out of 1,000? Fully populated replacement playfield with shipping covered both ways. 500 out of 1,000? Maybe we'll sell you a blank playfield at cost plus shipping. Replacing hundreds of playfields for free would put them out of business. Not doing it might eventually have the same effect, though.

I agree with this. I bet JJP can’t fund all of the replacement playfields, so they are hoping this just blows over. Of course, it’s going to be devastating to their business either way. Their silence will have a long lasting effect on their reputation, with declining sales. Maybe that’s the lesser of two evils, or their only choice.

Cleargate could be the end of JJP. I’d put money on it. Shame, I played a POTC CE and it was awesome, dare I say beyond any W/B that I’ve played. Just a shame...

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

The service is even underground.
I asked the JJP Google groups if there was a solution to the problem, they had a very quick fix for me.
Within 1 minute I was deleted from the group.
I've had all 4 JJP pinball machines so far, so I'm out now.

Damn. I’ve been following this thread closely and your post makes me not want to buy a JJP pin, nib or used. That’s terrible customer service. Hard to believe.

I bet the crazy asking prices for POTC will start coming down now. An awesome machine, sucks it’s plagued by an issue that most certainly would discourage me from owning one.

#1160 4 years ago

Stern and JJP need a scratch and dent sale. Reduced price on machines with flawed CC. Buy them back and resell them. I bet people would buy them for routes, and others would but them form the imamaculate factor.

Seriously. I don’t see appliance manufacturers trying to sell machines with paint chips missing as “new”. Why is pinball any different? A NIB machine should be perfect until it wears from play. Anything less is bs.

#1226 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You want to vandalize my games? You're proving my point. Some of you are unhinged.

Would you find it acceptable to sell your games with factory damage? Say 10 pencil sized pieces of artwork missing from the cabinet? Sell them at full price and tell the customer that’s normal? Would you? Yes or no answer please.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Wow the thread "Will JJP survive past 2020? " just became real.

My thought too. The risk seems real, which is a damn shame. I’m sure someone else will fill the void if they implode...

#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I know I am probably a day late and a dollar short but I usually don't have time to keep up. I would NEVER put a larger washer over this mounding of clear around the posts. The only thing that is gong to happen is push that problem farther out onto the playfield. I know it has been mentioned before but someone who is more active than I on here should have pushed this to warn people what the end result of the washer thing will be. I am not sure what else would be expected by adding a washer. Probably the best thing to do is to just let it go. If it chips, touch it up and seal it with clear or superglue. If you need to remove a post, I would try heating it first and carefully removing the post. Sorry to those that are affected, hopefully there is a resolution.

I totally agree with the washer thought. Just pushing the problem out.

The solution is a manufacturer that stands behind their product.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Red Lodge, MT
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinJim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=PinJim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.