(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 45.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

FWIW, I had to look twice. Never denied it's not there, but it didn't immediately jump off of the page at me personally.
Jeff

I know I could hardly see it ‍♂️

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

There ....I am the 1000th post on this topic.....How special is that???

Almost LE special

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

It's been a week, 3 phone calls (voice mail left) and NO ONE from JJP has called me back to discuss the playfield issue!!!
I am will NOT be buying anything from JJP ever!!! Your customer service is horrible!!!

The service is even underground.
I asked the JJP Google groups if there was a solution to the problem, they had a very quick fix for me.
Within 1 minute I was deleted from the group.
I've had all 4 JJP pinball machines so far, so I'm out now.

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I asked the JJP Google groups if there was a solution to the problem, they had a very quick fix for me.

Unbelievable!!!! So their solution must be to ignore the problem and pretend it doesn’t exist.

By way of a Non-Update, still radio silence for my buddy.

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

JJP is digging their own grave. Actions like this make me hope pinsiders band together and take legal action against them.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

You got the VIP treatment.

#1008 4 years ago

Someone please ping Loyd on this, he works for JJP customer service. He will get you back in and get you a proper solution.

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Damn. I’ve been following this thread closely and your post makes me not want to buy a JJP pin, nib or used. That’s terrible customer service. Hard to believe.

I bet the crazy asking prices for POTC will start coming down now. An awesome machine, sucks it’s plagued by an issue that most certainly would discourage me from owning one.

#1010 4 years ago

First up Jack was on a Family Holiday, Not a Working Holiday, he is an employee of a Company not the owner, all I have seen is the same pictures of a handful of games with problems.

Jack will stand up on behalf of the Company when he returns from his Holiday nobody else will address any issues but Jack.

It is not a widespread problem with JJP or Stern or everyones games would have problems

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

First up Jack was on a Family Holiday, Not a Working Holiday, he is an employee of a Company not the owner, all I have seen is the same pictures of a handful of games with problems.
Jack will stand up on behalf of the Company when he returns from his Holiday nobody else will address any issues but Jack.
It is not a widespread problem with JJP or Stern or everyones games would have problems

Go back to sleep and let your eyes closed further.

#1012 4 years ago

Whaaat? Why would he be the only one to respond to this issue if he is just an employee? We need someone higher up then him then.

#1013 4 years ago

I've personally looked at 3 produced in the last 6 months (BM66 (mine), BM66 (Operator's) and a BK Premium) and all three had the chipping issue. That's pretty damning if you ask me.

The JP the operator just bought had humongous washers that looked like hell at the bottom of the sling posts. You don't suddenly start adding washers under sling posts for no reason at all.

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I've personally looked at 3 produced in the last 6 months (BM66 (mine), BM66 (Operator's) and a BK Premium) and all three had the chipping issue. That's pretty damning if you ask me.
The JP the operator just bought had humongous washers that looked like hell at the bottom of the sling posts. You don't suddenly start adding washers under sling posts for no reason at all.

I think it’s pretty clear some distributors have a tough time being objective about this issue. And fair enough, I’d probably be the same.

#1015 4 years ago

Ok so Stern made 10,000 games last year and how may have chipping?

What % exactly

#1016 4 years ago

What % exactly

#1017 4 years ago

A pretty high percentage of JP's are showing up with chips early on. If it's such a small issue, why is JJP banning people for asking about the problem? That's about as shitty of customer service as you can get.

#1018 4 years ago

all I am saying is its not widespread be lucky if its more than 1%

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Whaaat? Why would he be the only one to respond to this issue if he is just an employee? We need someone higher up then him then.

Because he is the President, Gary Stern doesn't own Stern Investors do, Maybe you should contact Sterns Owners Directly I am sure they know nothing about Playfields or how they are made.

You would want to hear from The Face of the Company

#1020 4 years ago

I can't believe this. I ordered 2 machines last year, a Luci VE and a Metallica Prem. The Luci has it in multiple areas, while the Met is fine. That's 50% of the machines I ordered last year. Small selection set, but I'm sure there's a lot of affected pins out there. The majority of operators don't give a shit, and the majority of home use buyers who don't frequent Pinside might never realize where all the multi-colored confetti littering their playfield is coming from, so you won't hear or see complaints from a large percentage of owners, but rest assured, the issue is there.

#1021 4 years ago

What % exactly

If you got one with issues, you don't care about the %
Washers are just covering up the issues and won't prevent problems in other areas down the line

I fucking love pinball and just want this issue fixed.
Strong ball resistant clear is very possible - the technology exists in other applications
A PF without dimples, blisters, cracking etc ... is doable with the correct products and applications

I personally don't want to pay 7 grand and have to cover imperfections with washers
I don't expect a 100% perfect machine, but I would like a nice PF that holds up for years to come

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I can't believe this. I ordered 2 machines last year, a Luci VE and a Metallica Prem. The Luci has it in multiple areas, while the Met is fine. That's 50% of the machines I ordered last year. Small selection set, but I'm sure there's a lot of affected pins out there. The majority of operators don't give a shit, and the majority of home use buyers who don't frequent Pinside might never realize where all the multi-colored confetti littering their playfield is coming from, so you won't hear or see complaints from a large percentage of owners, but rest assured, the issue is there.

I bought 2 games last year and they both have issues so thats 100% for me.

#1023 4 years ago

Ok, then I'am a 1%er if I believe this guy.

The one an only Pirates SE owner in germany with those beginning playfield issues. ......Jackpot

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bought 2 games last year and they both have issues so thats 100% for me.

So you and I bought 4 machines combined and 3 of the 4 have issues, so the amount of Sterns affected are 75% according to my and Who-Dey's official scientific research. Yeah, that's not super exact, but it's a slice of data that shows way* more than 1% affected.

* Should be read as "waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy" for emphasis.

#1025 4 years ago

You dont have any idea what the percentage of affected playfields are. I can guarantee you that its far bigger than 1%. That would only be 1 in 100 playfields. We are seeing tons of people that are having problems right now.

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

So you and I bought 4 machines combined and 3 of the 4 have issues, so the amount of Sterns affected are 75% according to my and Who-Dey's official scientific research. Yeah, that's not super exact, but it's a slice of data that shows way* more than 1% affected.
* Should be read as "waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy" for emphasis.

Including me is 4 out of 5

#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I personally don't want to pay 7 grand and have to cover imperfections with washers

WELL SAID!!!!

#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Agreed, when a distributor comes into this thread and makes a comment like that, I believe things are about to get much worse before they get better.

Hey guys (and gals) just for the record here I didn't have time to read the 20 pages of a thread that most is most likely purely speculation at this point but I will say that don't think for a second a good distributor doesn't raise holy hell with the manufacturers on major issues like this. We absolutely do. We're hearing it firsthand from you guys and we understand it. Trust me if I'm spending the money you guys are I'm on your side. The end of the day we are also consumers of products. Anyone that's dealt with us absolutely knows how I go to bat for people and I take customer service very seriously. At the end of the day though we don't make the final decision. I think the point I didn't express is that as the consumer you do have to FIRST work with your distributor, But if you just up and go to your credit card and charge back that directly affects your distributor before he even has a chance to go to bat for you. That was ultimately my point and I didn't elaborate so my apology there. We absolutely hope that the manufacturers of the playfields and the games figure out a resolution to the problem. Obviously we have had discussions with the manufacturers. Don't think for one moment we haven't.

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Ok, then I'am a 1%er if I believe this guy.

We all won the Shit Lottery. WOOOOOO!!!!

#1030 4 years ago

What % exactly

407 potc owners on pinside of which a minimum of 100 are reporting issues so at a minimum 25% if not more since many don’t report their collections and pinside is a small piece of the puzzle.

It’s widespread enough for it to be a real problem for JJP.

As for family holiday, high level execs are always available when crisis strikes, nature of the beast.

#1031 4 years ago

My POTC has slight pooling around a skinny post by the right outlane and also saw it when I put on the tortuga cliffy. I'm sure it's in other hidden areas too. Nothing has chipped...yet.

I also just took a look at my IMDN pro, which I purchased from a show when the game first debuted, so that was how long ago? It also has pooling around several posts. No chipping yet either. I pressed my fingernail into it to see if it was soft/hard. Felt pretty solid.

I can handle any other "fixable" out of the box issue, but you can't fix a chipping playfield. Wonka and JP are both on my list, but I have no problem keeping my money until this is fixed.

btw, my ACNC playfield is fantastic.

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from Hemispheres:

Hey guys (and gals) just for the record here I didn't have time to read the 20 pages of a thread that most is most likely purely speculation at this point but I will say that don't think for a second a good distributor doesn't raise holy hell with the manufacturers on major issues like this. We absolutely do. We're hearing it firsthand from you guys and we understand it. Trust me if I'm spending the money you guys are I'm on your side. The end of the day we are also consumers of products. Anyone that's dealt with us absolutely knows how I go to bat for people and I take customer service very seriously. At the end of the day though we don't make the final decision. I think the point I didn't express is that as the consumer you do have to FIRST work with your distributor, But if you just up and go to your credit card and charge back that directly affects your distributor before he even has a chance to go to bat for you. That was ultimately my point and I didn't elaborate so my apology there. We absolutely hope that the manufacturers of the playfields and the games figure out a resolution to the problem. Obviously we have had discussions with the manufacturers. Don't think for one moment we haven't.

....and what are they telling you?

#1033 4 years ago

You must be the new Director of World-Wide Pinball Operations, congrats bud! Thanks for sharing your deep behind the scenes knowledge.

#1034 4 years ago

Welcome you all to the 1% club

#1035 4 years ago

Im not saying people are not having issues just the number isn't as widespread as it appears here

Stern over several models/years and JJP over the past year still talking probably 20,000 games and I am just not seeing that many with problems against these numbers, if you have a problem I would log a service ticket with the manufacturer.

is the pooling around posts where there is no artwork as well?

Just if its a adhesion problem or reaction with the ink it wouldn't appear on just the cleared wood section.

so if clear pools around a post without ink the problem is the clear used 100%

#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Okay before THAT snowballs let me re elaborate. It is not like my phone is ringing off the hook with every game we've sold having issues. Have we had customers call us asking about this issue? Yes. Have we asked JJP about it just like you have? Yes. I personally would really love to know the numbers.... and I'm sure everyone on this form would. Out of the total number of games that have shipped how many have issues? That's ultimately the question. All we can go off of is the numbers that we sold and the phone calls that we've received. For the record, that number's been very low. Is it still a concern when we see the photographs? Absolutely.

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

407 potc owners on pinside of which a minimum of 100 are reporting issues so at a minimum 25% if not more since many don’t report their collections and pinside is a small piece of the puzzle.
It’s widespread enough for it to be a real problem for JJP.
As for family holiday, high level execs are always available when crisis strikes, nature of the beast.

well less than 7 have reported issues to JJP, so where are the other 93

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from Hemispheres:

Okay before THAT snowballs let me re elaborate. It is not like my phone is ringing off the hook with every game we've sold having issues. Have we had customers call us asking about this issue? Yes. Have we asked JJP about it just like you have? Yes. I personally would really love to know the numbers.... and I'm sure everyone on this form would. Out of the total number of games that have shipped how many have issues? That's ultimately the question. Are we can go off of his the numbers that we sold and the phone calls that we've received. For the record, that number's been pretty low. Is it still a concern when we see the photographs? Absolutely.

Agree that's what I am saying, very few issues reported to the Distributors and Manufacturers, so if you have an issue by all means report it,

#1039 4 years ago

What a bunch of rubbish, why spew factually incorrect info, what is your agenda.

I think there were more than 7 on the certified letter recently sent to JJP and investors.

I’ve been dealing with JJP since April on this and know for a fact that many more than 7 have contacted them.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

lol... I thought that said "and what is that telling you"

So to answer your question
... I'm going to let JJP answer that. They will.

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What a bunch of rubbish, why spew factually incorrect info, what is your agenda.
I think there were more than 7 on the certified letter recently sent to JJP.
I’ve been dealing with JJP since April on this and know for a fact that many more than 7 have contacted them.

I spoke to JJP a few mins ago and that is the number reported to have issues via support Tickets

so rather than certified letters contact support and log tickets is the process

list all the support ticket numbers or it didn't happen

#1042 4 years ago

You Sir are full of shit. How in the hell do you know how many people have reported issues? Do you work for JJP or something?

#1043 4 years ago

Do they make a ticket for these $550 unpopulated playfield offers?

#1044 4 years ago

I spoke to JJP a few mins ago and that is the number reported to have issues via support Tickets
so rather than certified letters contact support and log tickets is the process
list all the support ticket numbers or it didn't happen

You may want to circle the wagon and go back to the beginning and read through the potc thread and perhaps this.

Support tickets were filed no response for weeks, they were inundated. I’ll just say one of the JJP folks you would chat with on phone or email told me verbally and via email that there has been a big uptick in issues regarding the PF’s.

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You Sir are full of shit. How in the hell do you know how many people have reported issues? Do you work for JJP or something?

list the names and game numbers of these other 93 you claim have issues otherwise you are the one full of shit

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Do they make a ticket for these $550 unpopulated playfield offers?

Yes...you do it via ticket, must fill form out requesting the new PF.

I seriously wouldn’t do it until JJP makes some sort of statement because it may be difficult getting money back if they change their tune.

#1047 4 years ago

list the names and game numbers of these other 93 you claim have issues otherwise you are the one full of shit

Go read the Pirates chipping thread...

It’s all there for you, you want the info, you can do the work.

#1048 4 years ago

I dont have to list anything because i already know there's a huge problem. I also know that JJP is telling people to get f*cked and they are a shitty company and i wouldn't even consider buying one of their games.

#1049 4 years ago

The percentage is just an effort to try to minimize the scope of this... what matters is the manufacturer isn’t resolving the problem for those impacted. So if you are the lucky 1%er... you’re fucked.

Meanwhile... of the 4 nib games I’ve seen in the last 4 weeks... 3 of them have the problem.

#1050 4 years ago

Ask the distributors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 90.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 64.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.