(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 45.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Good Morals would also stop someone from trying to guilt someone els into accepting a piece of shit. These people spent there money(not yours) and are upset with major flaws on there game (not yours). wheres this ground you few seem to stand on?

my morals were invoked as i would not sell an inferior product or not fully back up a flawed product. or tell people they are wrong for voicing complaints about their investments with their money. not yours.

are you telling me that your morals and standards can change depending on the shoes you wear? thats probably my problem cus i'm a barefoot hippy from ann arbor.

and go back and read the definition of Morals cus its super close to that of standard. if you were smart you'd accuse me of be repetitious. damn dude i even have to school you on how to properly insult me too?

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No backpedaling. Point is the same. Weird to say you have "morals" in evaluating playfield problems as a buyer. Standards yes. Morals? No. BUT if you initially wrote what you said you meant in your followup, with you as a buyer having standards, and a seller having morals, it makes sense. But that's not what you originally wrote. Simple as that.

and yet another backpedal with the edit! nice one!!!! i wish i knew how to post gifs cus that dog riding the bike backwards is great.

#1203 4 years ago

duplicate post

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

and yet another backpedal with the edit! nice one!!!! i wish i knew how to post gifs cus that dog riding the bike backwards is great.

Buh? There's ZERO backpedaling in my contention that your original statement was very unclear because of mixed perspective (according to your later explanation of your intent). Just move ON. It's now clear what you meant after a mountain of typing that wasn't necessary.

But you can post gifs by changing "Med-res (max)" in the dropdown box to "PDF/GIF" before loading the pic so it doesn't compress the image and destroy the gif. Knock yourself out.

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Buh? There's ZERO backpedaling in my contention that your original statement was very unclear because of mixed perspective (according to your later explanation of your intent).
But you can post gifs by changing "Mes-res (max)" in the dropdown box to "PDF/GIF" before loading the pic so it doesn't compress the image and destroy the gif. Knock yourself out.

dude your nit pic'in over two words that mean basically the same thing. i was being repetitious, and fuck shoes.

thanks for the gif help though. i'm still trying to figure this shit out.

#1207 4 years ago
395n1u (resized).jpg395n1u (resized).jpg
#1208 4 years ago
mockmypain (resized).pngmockmypain (resized).png
#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Now with the code? Is your Ghostbusters unplayable? Do you possess an unplayable box of lights to show the judge? Or a trashed playfield where you don't need to zoom in 10x to point out the flaw?

You failed to answer any of my questions. If you don't care about damage out of the box and unfulfilled promises just say so and move on; No need to tell people how to feel and talk down to us.

#1210 4 years ago

That would be absurd. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this clear coat stuff. It's embarrassing.

I'm going to come over and take a chunk out of the side of one of your Pong machines and watch you try and sell it to someone at full price.

Let me know how that works out for you.

#1211 4 years ago

*Wake up to see what's new on the pooling thread

*2 pages of people fighting over semantics and the definitions of words

*Close browser, understanding why no company will ever take Pinside complaints seriously.

#1212 4 years ago

The arguing in this thread is ridiculous. There are obviously some people that are not concerned about the issues. That's awesome, continue to enjoy your games and play or route them as desired. It's just absurd trying to convince others that they should do the same. For me, PF issues are a non starter. I can't swap or easily repair a PF like I can plastics and other parts. I am not buying NIB until I am confident issues are fixed. If you could 100% tell me the pooling around the posts will not turn into chips or spread, then yes, I would be able to accept it as a small defect. But, we have already seen it turn into chipping on some pins. Will this ruin pinball for me? No, of course not. I will continue to enjoy the machines I have in my house and those on location.

#1213 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm going to come over and take a chunk out of the side of one of your Pong machines and watch you try and sell it to someone at full price.

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

FYI Paul at pinballsales is the sole exclusive JJP distributor for Australia as per their website -
https://pinballsales.com.au/
The distributor sets the local MSRP and handles post sales service/support and any agents would be subject to the restrictions found in a typical distributor>agent agreement.

As above.

You are Wrong, if we are not a Distributor then why are we listed on JJP website,

The website you mention is for our online sales only, support Service etc is still with us

#1215 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Do you sell new arcade games?

Yeah, don’t buy one. He will tell you go go f*ck a mole hill when the paint starts chipping off in a week.

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Please post a picture for us if you would upon installation. I'd like to get more and add to a couple of other areas. : )

Oops sorry just saw your post,
I’ll take and post pictures tonight

#1217 4 years ago

You want to vandalize my games? You're proving my point. Some of you are unhinged.

#1218 4 years ago

Oh brother

#1219 4 years ago

You want to come vandalize my games? You're proving my point. Some of you are unhinged.

The problem is spreading worse than we all feared.

Now some players morals are pooling and chipping!

*ducks*

Just trying to lighten the mood ya’ll this thread is going to -11!

#1220 4 years ago

You want to come to CA and vandalize my games? You're proving my point. Some of you are unhinged.

You're really full of yourself aren't you? I was attempting to utilize a real world example of something that might resonate in that brain of yours. Apparently either I missed the mark or it just flew right over your head.

Let's try this another way. You deliver a pong machine to one of your customers and help them set it up. While unboxing it, they notice a chunk out of the side of the machine and point out the damage. Based on your activity in this thread, I see your response as a distributor being something along the lines of "Well it's just a manufacturing defect, so get over it. Now give me my $3,000 and stop wining like a baby with a popped balloon."

I paid a good bit of money for my BM66 and I'm not thrilled when I have to stop playing, take off the glass and pull out a chunk of the play field in the middle of a game. Maybe you don't give a rats ass how your stuff holds up, but I do.

#1221 4 years ago

I remember the days when this thread was about clear/chipping around the sling posts. lol.

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I remember the days when this thread was about clear/chipping around the sling posts. lol.

I remember the days when pinball was fun J/K, still fun. Just looking to get this whole episode behind us, hopefully sooner than later.

#1223 4 years ago

You're really full of yourself aren't you? I was attempting to utilize a real world example of something that might resonate in that brain of yours. Apparently either I missed the mark or it just flew right over your head.
Let's try this another way. You deliver a pong machine to one of your customers and help them set it up. While unboxing it, they notice a chunk out of the side of the machine and point out the damage. Based on your activity in this thread, I see your response as a distributor being something along the lines of "Well it's just a manufacturing defect, so get over it. Now give me my $3,000 and stop wining like a baby with a popped balloon."
I paid a good bit of money for my BM66 and I'm not thrilled when I have to stop playing, take off the glass and pull out a chunk of the play field in the middle of a game. Maybe you don't give a rats ass how your stuff holds up, but I do.

In his world he's probably happy these games are cracking/pooling/chipping....it gives him the ability to purchase a great HUO game at a steep discount. He's just going to put the game on route, and then resell. We live in different worlds, thus have different expectations...

#1224 4 years ago

Your point wasn't lost on me. The way you made it was disturbing.

Whether you mean it or not, you don't say you're going to come vandalize someone's games.

The upvoting of such douchebaggery is equally disturbing.

#1225 4 years ago

Your point wasn't lost on me. The way you made it was disturbing.
Whether you mean it or not, you don't say you're going to come vandalize someone's games.
The upvoting of such douchebaggery is equally disturbing.

Many of your comments are disturbing, annoying as well.

#1226 4 years ago

You want to vandalize my games? You're proving my point. Some of you are unhinged.

Would you find it acceptable to sell your games with factory damage? Say 10 pencil sized pieces of artwork missing from the cabinet? Sell them at full price and tell the customer that’s normal? Would you? Yes or no answer please.

#1227 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Oh no, now we’re also twisting by the pool, getting our grooves on,

Yeah , ripple me baby!!

#1228 4 years ago

There are two reasons to post in this thread.

A: you're concerned about the issue
B: trolling

Whole lot of column B happening lately. Don't feed 'em.

#1229 4 years ago

Thanks , its more on a sarcasm note..

Ive expressed my feelings over the issue multiple times, and have posted text and pics of how to resolve pooling to avoid chipping .

I have 2 JJP’s that are showing up with pooling, it pisses me off, but not all day long.
I find I can read past trolls quite easily, they sure as hell wont help me feel better

A little playing with words can be tolerated, no?

#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Oh no, now we’re also twisting by the pool, getting our grooves on

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

A little playing with words can be tolerated, no?

I was thinking more of Andre the Giant than Frankenstein.

#1232 4 years ago

Between price and quality control JJP is on borrowed time

#1233 4 years ago

Buying new games just isn't fun anymore.

#1234 4 years ago

I don’t think these issues are about changing to a water based solution. Pretty sure that would have had to have happened a long while ago. Certainly in Europe from 2003 it would’ve nearly impossible to used solvent based solutions in any volume.

The area that was hit for this was car manufacturers I’ve been a BMW M owner for over twenty years and in 2003 I had an estoril blue e46 M3 and in 2006 I got a sapphire black M6 - the paint on the m6 was piss poor huge orange peel on it and terrible density. So stone chips a plenty on delivery my three year old M3 had better paint than my 10 mile M6!!! - the paint was freaking cheese. BMW then stopped offering estoril blue and that’s when we found out it was related to the change to water based paint, and to this day they haven’t resolved the quality.

Car paint has never been the same.

What’s totally ludicrous now is that most folks with decent cars in Europe put on paintshield which is made from the very same chemicals that are now limited in paint because the water based paints suck. DoH!

Back to play fields I though this was an issue from a common PF manufacturer like Mirko but I now think that one of the core ingredients in the clear process has become contaminated or has changed such that multiple companies are feeling the pain...

None of the manufacturers including spooky have dealt with this well enough yet. I would predict Stern will make customers good but the others need to step up and put it right with populated playfield replacement. If I was JJP or Stern I’d press the big red stop button in the factory until this was figured out.

Neil

#1235 4 years ago

I was getting all geared up to buy an upcoming JJP GNR but now.... maybe i'll just look for a nice TOTAN

They are going to have to get this clear coat issue "cleared up" soon. I imagine they will start making the GNR playfields in a couple of months from now ...

#1236 4 years ago

gene wilder lays out the ingredients for invention.
they include 4% evaporation and 2% butterscotch RIPPLE.

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

None of the manufacturers including spooky have dealt with this well enough yet.

AFAIK, there are no clear-coat issues with ACNC playfields. Seems there was only a small run of TNA's that had issues. How have they not dealt with it well enough yet?

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I was getting all geared up to buy an upcoming JJP GNR but now...

The playfield cant look any worse than Axl Rose these days.

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The playfield cant look any worse than Axl Rose these days.

Lol,

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There are two reasons to post in this thread.
A: you're concerned about the issue
B: trolling
Whole lot of column B happening lately. Don't feed 'em.

A reminder of Pigskin 621AD. Troll, troll, troll...

pigskin-06 (resized).pngpigskin-06 (resized).png
#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

AFAIK, there are no clear-coat issues with ACNC playfields. Seems there was only a small run of TNA's that had issues. How have they not dealt with it well enough yet?

There was +atleast+ 300 games affected and all they did was send out washers.

#1242 4 years ago

I certainly don't want to speak for Charlie, but replacing 300+ playfields (especially populated swaps) could put a small company out of business. Washers are probably the lesser of two evils.

#1243 4 years ago

should a company that is 'small' be allowed a different expectation when it comes to correcting problems; one that is less costly, so that they wont go out of business ?

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

There was +atleast+ 300 games affected and all they did was send out washers.

You are speculating numbers... and YOU GOT A FREE PLAYFIELD NEIL... so ??? Only washers??? How is that only washers? Was it the fully populated free everything you wanted shipped to the UK? Nope... but it was far more than washers, and you were one of only DOZENS OF BOARDS WE SENT OUT FOR FREE.

Yeah I know... still not good enough. Sorry. Did our best.

Quoted from greenhornet:

should a company that is 'small' be allowed a different expectation when it comes to correcting problems

Should a person who hides behind a keyboard be allowed to be a constant source of attack when they serve no purpose but to cause drama? We've done as much or more than any company large or small to make this right with everyone and been pretty damn transparent in the process... we've also SOLVED the issue and have had NO further instances. Compared to the present state of things, I'd say that's pretty good.

You've made a lot of posts bitching on a website. We've made thousands of games that have had ups and downs and will be here long after we're all LOOOOONG gone. I'd say that's doing something positive for pinball.

Off this thread for good... bash away you two.

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

should a company that is 'small' be allowed a different expectation when it comes to correcting problems; one that is less costly, so that they wont go out of business ?

Yes what would you do under the same circumstances?

#1246 4 years ago

Well said Charlie!

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yes what would you do under the same circumstances?

2ypunt.gif2ypunt.gif
#1248 4 years ago

OK, I'm just going to come out and say it. What I've been thinking for some time.

The way Charlie cares about his product and customers, and the way he communicates with them as compared to what else I'm reading on this forum,

Spooky could very well be the last one's standing when all the dust settles.

There, I said it. Somebody needed to.

carry on....

#1249 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You are speculating numbers... and YOU GOT A FREE PLAYFIELD NEIL... so ??? Only washers??? How is that only washers? Was it the fully populated free everything you wanted shipped to the UK? Nope... but it was far more than washers, and you were one of only DOZENS OF BOARDS WE SENT OUT FOR FREE.

Seems you conveniently left out some important details there Neil.

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Should a person who hides behind a keyboard be allowed to be a constant source of attack when they serve no purpose but to cause drama? We've done as much or more than any company large or small to make this right with everyone and been pretty damn transparent in the process... we've also SOLVED the issue and have had NO further instances. Compared to the present state of things, I'd say that's pretty good.
You've made a lot of posts bitching on a website. We've made thousands of games that have had ups and downs and will be here long after we're all LOOOOONG gone. I'd say that's doing something positive for pinball.
Off this thread for good... bash away you two.

Spot on! Love my Spooky games and the Spooky team! Keep being awesome

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.