(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 45.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

FYI GUYS... Jack did a podcast YESTERDAY and he talked about this issue. Go here and take a listen:
www.podcastgarden.com
So go here and take a list and see if this answers anyone's questions.

Let me guess what he said.....

1408EDBB-2B90-45F8-82D1-2C1E0D77276E (resized).jpeg1408EDBB-2B90-45F8-82D1-2C1E0D77276E (resized).jpeg
#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Great question, maybe I'm just can't stand the mob mentality? Some the comments in here are just so far beyond rational and reasonable it's comical. Not calling out anyone or any specific comment but the attacks on people who don't follow the mobs mentality on this one is just as irrational as the mob itself. From the people I'm talking to, sales are outstanding so this idea that Pinside is some sort of authority on the hobby of pinball and making a big deal here will actually get anyones attention, is just hilarious. No one here is special (okay I take that back, HEP/Chris and the very very few others like him are the exception). No one here rises to the level of importance that any of the manufactures give a crap about. So throw all the tantrums you want and send those emails, certified letters, or whatever else you think is going to "fix" anything if it makes you feel better...
Lastly, and I feel like I have to be clear about this again, IF I had (remember IF) playfields chipping because of clear pooling yeah I'd be pissed off. I don't think chipping is okay and I don't like the responses from either JJP or Stern to date.
Jeff

Hey I get it, but you aren't going to do anything but fan flames and get people more entrenched, because they feel like no one is listening or responding and your post comes off as "I don't have a problem, I don't care about your issue and I'm going to tell you I don't care multiple times." These things escalate because the manufacturers have really said nothing and done nothing, including the expert vendor that's making these. The best way to diffuse a mob mentality is to get out in front of it, diffuse the situation and make people feel better by taking care of them. That's not happening. The worst part is that these are paying, repeat customers that are getting blown off. Why would a niche company do that? You need those people! We can only speculate why. That's why I think if you really care about the issue and want to make an impression on those here, you need to change your approach. Otherwise you're just pissing in the wind and collecting downvotes. I'm not affected by this issue at all, but I know how I would feel and like you said the lack of response to date is not cool.

#1405 4 years ago

Sounds like unless you have some serious clear-coat chipping, you’re not going to get much of anything.

#1406 4 years ago

No real answers of the cause only "working on a program"

Wonder how different that is than the current program of customers buying a replacement for their brand new machines.

#1407 4 years ago

Jack's statement transcribed from the podcast -

"Alright, well first off I just want to apologize for the delay in speaking about this matter publicly as we sorted through things internally and we understand that some of our customers are concerned to see and hear of clear coat chipping around posts on our Willy Wonka game.

The number of actual cases we have seen with true playfield chipping is extremely low and we're in the process of developing a program for anyone with documented damage and will work with those customers on a case-by-case basis and, you know, feel free to call Tech Support or call me directly if you feel your machine has true chipping or damage. And we want you to feel confident and comfortable with your purchase, always.

We want to notify customers NOT to take apart their machine, remove posts, etc, for the sole purpose of looking for chipping or problems under the posts. If you truly need to remove any part of the machine, we recommend contacting JJP Tech Support for instructions on how to do this properly. And for those customers who see rippling or pooling around any post, we want to urge you, this does not mean your game will chip.

We're diligently working with our vendor and engineers day and night on correcting any pooling moving forward. We have no reason to believe any games out there in the field are inadequate in any way, shape, or form. You should continue to enjoy and play your amazing game.

Our company's put countless hours and efforts into making Willy Wonka a fun experience for you and your loved ones to appreciate for years to come. I mean really, our people work hard every day with passion to design and create amazing games for you to play. As we always have, we will stand by our product and support our loyal customers and I can tell you that'll never change.

Thank you"

#1408 4 years ago

Rofl thoose two mumbleing drones.
Ah, um, ah.

Is this some kind of odd version of a commercial?

Honestly, it's one of the strangest things i ever heard.

#1409 4 years ago

”We have no reason to believe any games out there in the field are inadequate in any way, shape, or form.” - Love, Jack

And there you have it.

#1410 4 years ago

His statement does not make me feel any better at all.

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:. I mean really, our people work hard every day with passion to design and create amazing games for you to play. As we always have, we will stand by our product and support our loyal customers and I can tell you that'll never change.
Quoted from pipes:

And there you have it.

#1412 4 years ago

I'm still chuckling about

Quoted from Dr-pin:

Rofl thoose two mumbleing drones.
Ah, um, ah.

And "working on a program" Either you have one or you don't.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

"Alright, well first off I just want to apologize for the delay in speaking about this matter publicly as we sorted through things internally and we understand that some of our customers are concerned to see and hear of clear coat chipping around posts on our Willy Wonka game.
The number of actual cases we have seen with true playfield chipping is extremely low and we're in the process of developing a program for anyone with documented damage and will work with those customers on a case-by-case basis and, you know, feel free to call Tech Support or call me directly if you feel your machine has true chipping or damage. And we want you to feel confident and comfortable with your purchase, always.
We want to notify customers NOT to take apart their machine, remove posts, etc, for the sole purpose of looking for chipping or problems under the posts. If you truly need to remove any part of the machine, we recommend contacting JJP Tech Support for instructions on how to do this properly. And for those customers who see rippling or pooling around any post, we want to urge you, this does not mean your game will chip.
We're diligently working with our vendor and engineers day and night on correcting any pooling moving forward. We have no reason to believe any games out there in the field are inadequate in any way, shape, or form. You should continue to enjoy and play your amazing game.
Our company's put countless hours and efforts into making Willy Wonka a fun experience for you and your loved ones to appreciate for years to come. I mean really, our people work hard every day with passion to design and create amazing games for you to play. As we always have, we will stand by our product and support our loyal customers and I can tell you that'll never change.
Thank you"

And no more NIB for me.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still chuckling about

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1415 4 years ago

Ya that was a pretty shit statement. In what world in pinball am I ever discouraged to dissassemble anything. Why does he not want you to remove the posts? Oh ya because that is what turns pooling into chipping.

Edit* No mention of PotC either

#1416 4 years ago

Sounds like somebody needs to "get with the program".

#1417 4 years ago

I could have predicted this "canned" response...he basically said there is no issue, and if u think u have one please let me know so I can tell u to go fuck yourself. Interesting that he didn't mention POTC, which is where the issue originated. Its all about short term life support

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like somebody needs to "get with the program".

exactly! which is shut the hell up, and enjoy your game....there is no issue

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

''... "

Board members so far up his ass they're tickling the back of his molars... Jim Henson would be proud of that puppet response.

#1420 4 years ago

Unbelievable......

#1421 4 years ago

I have seen pooling turn to chipping. But if you wait and it happens and your 30 day warranty window happens to pass, well...

#1422 4 years ago

The really sad part out of all of this is there is several people who have stated no more jjp unless they fix the problem and make current users whole. Some people will be just talk but I'm also confident there is at least 5 who will stand up to the not buying more until current is fixed. 50k in sales (probably a lot more) goes a long way to fixing the problem.

*edit I would in a hearbeat buy another jjp if it was the right theme Harry Potter 100%. Not if my PotC is shit and jjp does nothing to make it whole.

#1423 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

The really sad part out of all of this is there is several people who have stated no more jjp unless they fix the problem and make current users whole. Some people will be just talk but I'm also confident there is at least 5 who will stand up to the not buying more until current is fixed. 50k in sales (probably a lot more) goes a long way to fixing the problem.

I seriously doubt that... You're borderline delusional if you think 5 people refusing to buy is going to move the needle at all. Perhaps that leave 5 games available for others that wouldn't have been able to get one if it weren't for the self-anointed riotous?

Jeff

#1424 4 years ago

Not surprised at all they’re not going to do anything unless there’s chipping/paint loss. Interesting they’ve told you not to remove the posts. Obviously that’s going to cause the clear to chip.

Does that mean if the clear chips when you remove posts that it’s not covered? Then you have to contact tech support before removing. How is tech support to do it without chipping? What about in 2 years when you want to strip and clean the Playfield?

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Board members so far up his ass they're tickling the back of his molars...

726447d073e1c67e16fd048e3f9527eb77d1544b (resized).jpg726447d073e1c67e16fd048e3f9527eb77d1544b (resized).jpg
#1426 4 years ago

Meanwhile, at JJP HQ...

ccle328l1iq21 (resized).jpgccle328l1iq21 (resized).jpg
#1427 4 years ago

Am I missing something? I put Cliffy protectors and new rubbers on my POTC and had to remove or at least loosen some posts to get to them all. How am I supposed to simply maintain the freakin’ pin if I am supposed to not touch these posts? Simple maintenance requires a call to the manufacturer for help on how to remove a post?

My POTC will be the last JJP I will own if that is their response. That is a non-starter as far as I am concerned.

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Just look at a Stern Galaxy Backbox and compare to a Bally Lost World Stern stole more than words back in the day.

Bally sued. Stern started paying a royalty for each board. Public record as Bally was a public company at the time. It was in their 10-K Reports.

#1429 4 years ago

Lame Edition...
$10k for higher blood pressure?
I doubt any doctor would approve...

#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not surprised at all they’re not going to do anything unless there’s chipping/paint loss. Interesting they’ve told you not to remove the posts. Obviously that’s going to cause the clear to chip.
Does that mean if the clear chips when you remove posts that it’s not covered? Then you have to contact tech support before removing. How is tech support to do it without chipping? What about in 2 years when you want to strip and clean the Playfield?

Doubly interesting considering they sent me a POTC kit to put on my Wonka when I reported the bubbling and chipping. Which required me to remove posts to install.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

How am I supposed to simply maintain the freakin’ pin if I am supposed to not touch these posts?

We are entering a new era of "maintenance free" pinball machines and JJP is leading the way.

#1432 4 years ago

and if you think its only 5 people your delusional. The problem is this issue is exponential. You think there is unlimited buyers of these machine when in reality there is not. You can still buy woz ybr because there is unlimited buyers. You start pissing off enough of your customer base and you are no longer moving enough machines to sustain yourself and distributors are losing money on warehouse space. Projections are a bitch when all of a sudden your distributors one day say they can only do a half order cause business is slow? Microsoft lost over a billion dollars on the xbox 360 rrod fiasco. You konw why Xbox and Microsoft games are still a thing because they took care of their customers.

#1433 4 years ago

I know I’m out. For a long time. And I bought 2 WOZ, a Hobbit, a Dialed In. And numerous Sterns. I’m done with NIB. Done with Spike. Done. I’ll see what Spooky does next, I like them a lot. I’m happy where I am at with my collection, just play em and avoid all this new drama.

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I know I’m out. For a long time. And I bought 2 WOZ, a Hobbit, a Dialed In. And numerous Sterns. I’m done with NIB. Done with Spike. Done. I’ll see what Spooky does next, I like them a lot. I’m happy where I am at with my collection, just play em and avoid all this new drama.

I'm in the same camp....I would add CGC to the list...they make a quality product

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m done with NIB.

I'm still waiting for your next "gonna sell them all" or "what should I buy to compliment the rest" thread.

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still waiting for your next "gonna sell them all" or "what should I buy to compliment the rest" thread.

Meh, I’m past that. Really like the games I have.

#1437 4 years ago

Well that's just shit, thanks for nothing Jack.
I stand by my decision to not buy anymore JJP games.

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm in the same camp....I would add CGC to the list...they make a quality product

Yeah CGC is good too! But they did the 3 I was interested in

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yeah CGC is good too! But they did the 3 I was interested in

Funny I bought 2 WOZ games (RR and ECLE), DI, and Hobbit Smaug....had some cabinet issues with Smaug, but all the others were great....IJ or WW are the only two CGC remakes I would purchase....

#1440 4 years ago

Though I might be intrigued with some of the other remakes. They won’t be instant buys like the first 3 were

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Am I missing something? I put Cliffy protectors and new rubbers on my POTC and had to remove or at least loosen some posts to get to them all. How am I supposed to simply maintain the freakin’ pin if I am supposed to not touch these posts? Simple maintenance requires a call to the manufacturer for help on how to remove a post?
My POTC will be the last JJP I will own if that is their response. That is a non-starter as far as I am concerned.

New stickers being made to put next to the coin door and backbox locks: "No user serviceable parts inside".....

#1442 4 years ago

tenor.giftenor.gif

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

#1444 4 years ago

“Everything is fine but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DON’T TAKE IT APART!!!!!! just please call tech support.”

#1445 4 years ago

We asked for Jack and that’s exactly what we got.

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

We asked for Jack and that’s exactly what we got.

I think I've read enough pinside for the day so now I am going out to the garage to hang out with Jack.

Cheers!

#1447 4 years ago

I can't keep up with this thread... that being said, drive by posting.

If anyone is looking for a kit of double star posts and rubber washers, I posted those for sale:
https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/pmc-post-playfield-protection-set

If you haven't read the thread about the problems with POTC and what we've done to contact JJP and it's investors, here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-

Sorry you're all having issues. I cancelled my Wonka order after the POTC ordeal.

Added over 4 years ago:

I can't keep up with this thread... that being said, drive by posting.

If anyone is looking for a kit of double star posts and rubber washers, I posted those for sale:
https://pinballmods.co/PMC-post-Playfield-protection-set

If you haven't read the thread about the problems with POTC and what we've done to contact JJP and it's investors, here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-

Sorry you're all having issues. I cancelled my Wonka order after the POTC ordeal.

#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Our head-turning machines are playable works of art, crafted by artisans and innovators with a nod to the game’s rich history and an eye towards the future. Built to last, these games provide their owners with great fun and value for years to come.
Directly off JJP website. What part of day 1 flaw exibits this motto?

Maybe they should update it to something like:

“Remember the wonder you felt as a kid playing pinball? We sure do. Ever imagine making your own? We sure have. That’s why our tables are a chip off the ole block and each chip will be unique to your playfield. It’s our way of making you, not just a player, but one of the artists. Welcome back to pinball.”

#1449 4 years ago

Jack...
43B2AB03-D01F-412A-8DD8-B979D6C59952 (resized).jpeg43B2AB03-D01F-412A-8DD8-B979D6C59952 (resized).jpeg

#1450 4 years ago

Just listened to it.

Honestly, he just confirmed that a Wonka is not for me. I keep turning this into a huge post justifying why and then deleting all of it.

Darn it, here I go...

I’m not a JJP hater. I just can’t buy a product that they don’t know what the problem is. Can’t say when or if it will be fixed. Do say they will stand by it “like they always do.” While at least a dozen on this thread have said JJP left them out to dry on this or other tables.

Once my Munsters Premium arrives (which I am terrified will have pooling) I am done with NiB until I read this stuff is sorted.

I keep following hoping for a resolution.

Glad I read about the person who installed a new post on their months old table and got new pooling. That sucks.

Until reading that was thinking about buying those soft washers to handle any pooling I encountered.

Seems like let it be and pray for good support if it chips. Or be ready to patch it up with superglue. Anyone got a good tutorial (video?).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 90.00
There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.