(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 45.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

You say nobody is right or wrong here yet one approach will make the manufacturers fix the defective machines they are putting out and the other approach only lets them get away with selling defective machines. You can’t grasp this??

"Getting away with this" implies that the manufacturers shipped bad playfields on purpose -and- had no inherent interest in fixing the issue without being forced.

I do not believe that for one second. Indeed, people are saying recent Stern JP machines are fine, and Jack said at Expo the issue is fixed.

Pitchforks down? At least tentatively?

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So has anybody bought this game manufacturer this last month?
Potential future buyer would liketoknow.

I bought one last week, born on date 10/06/19 le #72. No clear coat pooling or issues, machine was delivered in great condition without issue.

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

"Getting away with this" implies that the manufacturers shipped bad playfields on purpose -and- had no inherent interest in fixing the issue without being forced.
I do not believe that for one second. Indeed, people are saying recent Stern JP machines are fine, and Jack said at Expo the issue is fixed.
Pitchforks down? At least tentatively?

How many titles over the last few years had this playfield issue? What 10? They knew they had the issue but they thought the people would let it slide. They were wrong. And so are you. No hard feelings but your wrong.

#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To be clear (no pun) it's not that I don't care, it's that it's not enough to stop me having fun and buying them,

I can only assume that the reason you don’t care is because you have a shitload of disposable income. If you were a poor shlep like alot of us on here are then you would probably care a lot more. If you game falls apart you can Probably just go buy a new one, if our games fall apart we’re f*cked. Thats why alot of us care, not to mention the fact that for 6-13 thousand dollars we should be getting a very high quality product. I have to put in a lot of hard work and save my ass off to buy these games so i dont want a chipping and pooling piece of shit playfield.

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is EXACTLY what the f*ck they did! They 100% knew about these pooling problems.

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can only assume that the reason you don’t care

In the post you quoted, I literally said I care. FFS get me out of this

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Of course you would rather it not be an issue, but you have been on here a million times day after day trying to act like it's not a big deal when in fact it's a really big deal. This is a HUGE deal to some people, me being one of them. I take a lot of pride in my games and I am proud of them and enjoy showing them off to people and stuff. The last thing I want is a playfield that's falling apart.

I realize that in time this will happen no matter what if I play my games enough and I can accept that no problem, but it's not acceptable on my brand new IMDN and Munsters that I own.

#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can only assume that the reason you don’t care is because you have a shitload of disposable income. If you were a poor shlep like alot of us on here are then you would probably care a lot more. If you game falls apart you can Probably just go buy a new one, if our games fall apart we’re f*cked. Thats why alot of us care, not to mention the fact that for 6-13 thousand dollars we should be getting a very high quality product. I have to put in a lot of hard work and save my ass off to buy these games so i dont want a chipping and pooling piece of shit playfield.

If your buying high priced toys like we all are then your not poor by any means. 1 billion people all over the world are starving and were buying 5-10k nib pins....trust me we all cld be much worse off.
Also many of the pooling games are by no means littlery falling apart. I bought a wonka le used with pooling and trust me ,normally i wldnt do this however .. i know its a keeper and i did as many protective measures as i cld with my skill set. I've played the shit out of it(most fun I've had in the hobby yet) and its doing ok ...its not perfect but it will b fine for a long time. Im still gonna contact jjp to see if something can be done(un populated free playfield or discounted) If not ill buy a new playfield down the road and swap it out if need be ,but i don't believe this issue will ever effect the playability in any way. Trust me it bothers me knowing its there but everything will be ok and were having lots of fun in the mean time. I'm not gonna let these issues ruin my enjoyment bc we only come around once and its a short time at that.
For now take whatever preventive measures you can to make sure your issues dont get any worse . That way if your not taken care of it won't be the end of the world . Things can always be worse bud. We are lucky to even have these amazing mechanical toys in our residence.

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If your buying high priced toys like we all are then your not poor by any means. 1 billion people all over the world are starving and were buying 5-10k nib pins....trust me we all cld be much worse off.
Also many of the pooling games are by no means littlery falling apart. I bought a wonka le used with pooling and trust me ,normally i wldnt do this however .. i know its a keeper and i did as many protective measures as i cld with my skill set. I've played the shit out of it(most fun I've had in the hobby yet) and its doing ok ...its not perfect but it will b fine for a long time. Im still gonna contact jjp to see if something can be done(un populated free playfield or discounted) If not ill buy a new playfield down the road and swap it out if need be ,but i don't believe this issue will ever effect the playability in any way. Trust me it bothers me knowing its there but everything will be ok and were having lots of fun in the mean time. I'm not gonna let these issues ruin my enjoyment bc we only come around once and its a short time at that.
For now take whatever preventive measures you can to make sure your issues dont get any worse . That way if your not taken care of it won't be the end of the world . Things can always be worse bud. We are lucky to even have these amazing mechanical toys in our residence.

Yes, we have to have money to be in this hobby, but if you have this issue, resale will probably cost you around 2k or more. I paid 12.5k for my IMDNLE. I shouldn't have to pay 2k more when it's time to trade or sell. 2k is a big deal to me and 95% of the population.

Blistering leads to chipping. If you have bigger blisters, just push on them to feel that they are hollow. They will be chips someday.

Quoted from zaphX:

Pretty simple solution: quit antagonizing people. This is a legitimate thread for discussing product flaws, not a "pitchfork" thread.

#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

These issues have not ruined my fun at all but it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth to spend 7500 on a new Stern Premium and learn that I have pooling around the posts and chips in my playfield that has actually pulled the artwork off of the game.....that sucks bad.

I'm also aware that I am not poor and that I am very fortunate to have what I have, so saying that I'm a poor schlep was obviously an exaggeration. I am however an average guy who busts his ass in a factory and it takes me a hell of a long time to save up enough money to buy a new game. Truthfully I probably shouldn't even be buying pinball machines but I love pinball and it's my hobby.

Long story short, as hard as I have to work and as long as it takes me to save up for a new game, it probably bothers me a little more than someone that has a much bigger income than myself. That's why I take such great pride in my collection and why I take care of them the way that I do and why I want them to be in pristine condition. Call me weird but I don't want my $7500 dollar NIB pinball machine to have a defective playfield with chips in it.

#2211 4 years ago

Hi , on my DI LE , since one year in house , JJP and Mirco do not want to take this problem under warranty ............. Very disappointed with their answers, for me never again buying JJP
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg

#2212 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also many of the pooling games are by no means littlery falling apart.

My neighbor had a pool put in. Less than a year later the decking started to crack.

The company that did it came out, busted it all out and redid it. Apparently the rebar wasn't set right. They owned up to it and took responsibility. No charge.

#2213 4 years ago

It will be interesting to know is the new run of Wonka CE's have the pooling issue as JJP say its now been fixed.

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

It will be interesting to know is the new run of Wonka CE's have the pooling issue as JJP say its now been fixed.

I have to believe that the fix contributed to the delay.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

These issues have not ruined my fun at all but it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth to spend 7500 on a new Stern Premium and learn that I have pooling around the posts and chips in my playfield that has actually pulled the artwork off of the game.....that sucks bad.
I'm also aware that I am not poor and that I am very fortunate to have what I have, so saying that I'm a poor schlep was obviously an exaggeration. I am however an average guy who busts his ass in a factory and it takes me a hell of a long time to save up enough money to buy a new game. Truthfully I probably shouldn't even be buying pinball machines but I love pinball and it's my hobby.
Long story short, as hard as I have to work and as long as it takes me to save up for a new game, it probably bothers me a little more than someone that has a much bigger income than myself. That's why I take such great pride in my collection and why I take care of them the way that I do and why I want them to be in pristine condition. Call me weird but I don't want my $7500 dollar NIB pinball machine to have a defective playfield with chips in it.

Your feelings make perfect sense whether u have a lot of disposable income or not. For me its more about principal. I've always thought these companies have it made in that they depend on the pinball enthusiasts to provide labor to repair their games, which in turn saves them a ton of money. So when theres issues they should all step up to the plate and resolve. Due to all of this I refuse to ever buy another NIB game (CGC being the exception), and will just wait and get a nice HUO game. I just picked up a perfect POTC LE (with no pooling), and 76 plays for less than a NIB game would cost, and it had over $700 of really nice mods. So if your patient this is the way to go.

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your feelings make perfect sense whether u have a lot of disposable income or not.

Yep i agree and saying he had a lot of disposable income was by no means a knock on him. All i meant was some people can actually piss away 5 or 10K and not care. I just gotta believe that is where that type of mentality comes from. I wish that i could have that same attitude to be honest with you lol.

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Hope so Julian - I’ve got a CE coming! Welcome round for a game!

6 months later
#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I have to agree unfortunately. How long can they continue to run the company this way? One screw up after another and they don’t seem to learn from past mistakes at all. Whoever is calling the shots over there is not doing a good job of it and that’s where a change needs to be made. There has never been any reason for anyone at JJP to do cartwheels.

They can continue running the company this way so long as people who ignore these issues keep buying their screwed up machines. I no longer contribute to Stern in that I refuse to buy any of their new games due to their lack of quality and coding issues.

10 months later
#2219 2 years ago

I think I read once there is a certain production date you can feel fairly safe that the Playfield be corrected. I’m looking at purchasing a CE and just curious what date I should look for.

#2220 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I think I read once there is a certain production date you can feel fairly safe that the Playfield be corrected. I’m looking at purchasing a CE and just curious what date I should look for.

I think it was anything after the initial run.We had it narrowed down to anything after the second run dated October 2019
The CE's were ran later

#2221 2 years ago

OK great thanks I will ask and see if I can get a build date!

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

My SE has slight pooling on one post and its stamped Feb 2020

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

My SE has slight pooling on one post and its stamped Feb 2020

Same here - not a lot but was there.

2 years later
#2224 3 months ago

Picked up a Wonka CE with minor pooling. Amazing game and beautiful but i wonder, did quality control inspector Jason Ligo get fired or did he leave because of the clearcoat issues?

#2225 3 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Picked up a Wonka CE with minor pooling. Amazing game and beautiful but i wonder, did quality control inspector Jason Ligo get fired or did he leave because of the clearcoat issues?

He was told to ignore it. Like everyone else there.

Btw, there is nothing ‘minor’ about it. It will spread.

#2226 3 months ago

That’s too bad and Ugh, good to know. Pretty amazing how different the quality of this build is from my Woz. I had to order 3 boards for it too because of LEDs failing. Love the game (theme and design) but not the company. Not that I know anything about class action lawsuits but I’m really surprised it never came up since it does appear to be a direct failure in their production.

#2227 3 months ago

It was actually the third CE I looked at and finally purchased. It’s too bad My grail theme was plagued with this issue and I think I just accepted that I wouldn’t find one any nicer than this one. Does anyone know where you could buy an extra back up Playfield?

#2228 3 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

It was actually the third CE I looked at and finally purchased. It’s too bad My grail theme was plagued with this issue and I think I just accepted that I wouldn’t find one any nicer than this one. Does anyone know where you could buy an extra back up Playfield?

JJP or their stand up supplier Mirco

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.