IMG_6952 (resized).jpeg
20240320_133134 (resized).jpg
10-000224-00_51-005012-02_300x300 (resized).jpg
ts4_lock (resized).png
IMG_7379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7742 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,225 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 65.
#3151 77 days ago

so im picking up a huo/ce toy story 4 on friday.. any good tips or tweeks that might need addressing before i scroll back 60 plus pages of posts ??? TIA, mark

#3152 77 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I never listen or care about what pinside thinks I actually find the games like venom and ts4 that gets crap super fun with no regrets.

agreed..

#3153 77 days ago

Agree totally.

#3154 76 days ago
Quoted from snowy926123:

so im picking up a huo/ce toy story 4 on friday.. any good tips or tweeks that might need addressing

I acquired my CE with only 70 plays on it. The only thing I had to do was change out the rubbers. The ones by the scoop were shot. So I’d invest in some Titan rubbers or another brand of your choice. My experience has been the game plays great and thankfully everyone that comes over enjoys it! And if you have WiFi, it’s a sinch to update to the latest code if needed.

And be careful mounting that topper if it’s removed. That sucker is HEAVY for a topper.

#3155 75 days ago

Anyone know where one can purchase/obtain a Pixar Ball shooter rod equivalent that came with the CE?

#3156 75 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Anyone know where one can purchase/obtain a Pixar Ball shooter rod equivalent that came with the CE?

i might have one for sale since i have the Art of pinball one installed.

1 week later
#3157 67 days ago

Flipped my game on the other day and had a warning regarding Gabby Gabby. "Malfunction, stuck closed" or something similar. Lifted the playfield, inspected the coils. Nothing is burnt, the mechanism works fine manually going up and down. Cleaned the opto and going to reinstall it tonight. Any suggestions if this doesn't fix it?

#3158 67 days ago

If anyone wants to sell their keychain plastics and any extra plastics let me know.

#3159 67 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Flipped my game on the other day and had a warning regarding Gabby Gabby. "Malfunction, stuck closed" or something similar. Lifted the playfield, inspected the coils. Nothing is burnt, the mechanism works fine manually going up and down. Cleaned the opto and going to reinstall it tonight. Any suggestions if this doesn't fix it?

Mine was doing the same thing. Both coils worked fine, but she was getting hung up on something. JJP told me to loosen the screws that hold the mech in place and play around with it, but that didn't seem to work. So I just took her head and moved it up and down vigorously (get your mind out of the gutter, people!) and that seemed to do the trick.

She still gets hung up every now and then, but not nearly as bad as before. And once the attempts to come up once or twice, she's fine the rest of the game.

Not sure if this will work on your machine, but it's worth a shot. Good luck, I hope you get it fixed!

#3160 67 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Does coil work in test? The wire frequently breaks off that coil

#3161 66 days ago

Just finished a ball with a 86x bonus. Almost 10M points!

Let's hear your highest bonus X....

#3162 64 days ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Any updates on how to fix anemic slings? I have one set high and one set low as a stop-gap measure, but its pretty sad how weak they are. Thanks all

1 week later
#3164 57 days ago

I have a mint MBr SE if anyone is interested in trading!

#3166 52 days ago

I’m having the hardest time with my lockdown bar. It sets perfectly with the playfield up. With no clearance between the receiver and inside tabs of the bar. Meaning, when the playfield “hooks” sit into the receiver they add an additional height enough to prevent the lockdown bar from locking down.

Has anyone come across this?

I found some people having issues with the height of the playfield and interfering with the plunge, but this is a bit different. Any tips appreciated.

#3167 51 days ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I’m having the hardest time with my lockdown bar. It sets perfectly with the playfield up. With no clearance between the receiver and inside tabs of the bar. Meaning, when the playfield “hooks” sit into the receiver they add an additional height enough to prevent the lockdown bar from locking down.
Has anyone come across this?
I found some people having issues with the height of the playfield and interfering with the plunge, but this is a bit different. Any tips appreciated.

I did with my CE for look early on in this thread. My auto-plunge was not firing well.
I just added a clear sticky bumper from ace
It’s in the early part of this thread

#3168 51 days ago

Looking to sell or trade my zilla for a Ts4CE if any of you know anyone
Thanks

1 week later
#3169 44 days ago

Which modes utilize the ramp diverter to guide the ball to the wireform that crosses the playfield and feeds the right flipper?

#3170 44 days ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Which modes utilize the ramp diverter to guide the ball to the wireform that crosses the playfield and feeds the right flipper?

Flipball for sure, not sure what else.

#3171 44 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Flipball for sure, not sure what else.

Rescue Forky

#3172 44 days ago

Well I have the CE back. Waiting for help later to get it set up. I’m one of the few who love this game. 3rd time!!!!

#3173 44 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Well I have the CE back. Waiting for help later to get it set up. I’m one of the few who love this game. 3rd time!!!!

Do you lose money each time you sell/re-purchase your games?

If so, you kind of remind me of Adam Sandler's character in the movie Reign on Me.

#3174 44 days ago
Quoted from RMS1977:

Do you lose money each time you sell/re-purchase your games?
If so, you kind of remind me of Adam Sandler's character in the movie Reign on Me.

I’ve lost and gained

Trades help though

#3175 43 days ago

They look good side by side

IMG_4070 (resized).jpegIMG_4070 (resized).jpeg
#3176 43 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

[quoted image]

Looks great!!

You like TS as much as EJ?

#3177 43 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

[quoted image]

Very nice!

#3178 43 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Looks great!!
You like TS as much as EJ?

Nothing comes close to EJ
Best ever made!

#3179 43 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Best ever made!

Don’t tell me that. I keep hearing how good it is. I need to play one, or maybe not cause then I’ll really want one.

#3180 43 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Don’t tell me that. I keep hearing how good it is. I need to play one, or maybe not cause then I’ll really want one.

I’m sorry but it’s true
Look at my collection history
Nothing is as fun to play.

#3181 43 days ago

But, I’ve always enjoyed Toy Story so I made a trade for it.

#3182 42 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Best ever made!

Congrats on the EJ very nice pin..was going to get one.. played it and was ok not my thing, I love my dialed in, TS and Godfather pins better…will see what JJP come out next…I need 1 more to have the JJP wall…

IMG_5695 (resized).jpegIMG_5695 (resized).jpeg
#3183 42 days ago

Something interesting about Elton John CE toppers. According to Steve both screens on the CE topper are from left over Toy Story 4 playfield LCD's lol. This makes me believe that Toy Story's production has been cut short of what JJP originally intended (as a TS CE owner I'm good with that lol).

There's a chance that Toy Story's production numbers remain fairly low which in the long run may be a positive for the games value.

"They had a whole bunch of leftover LCD displays from Toy Story"

#3184 42 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

Congrats on the EJ very nice pin..was going to get one.. played it and was ok not my thing, I love my dialed in, TS and Godfather pins better…will see what JJP come out next…I need 1 more to have the JJP wall…
[quoted image]

Awesome looking game room. I would be screwed with all of those chocolate bars laying around, they would be gone in a couple days lol.

#3185 41 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

[quoted image]

I have the same JJPs side by side! Awesome pairing, I'm just missing my Hobbit! Need to find a Black Arrow for a good price.

#3186 41 days ago

Smaug is better

#3188 40 days ago

Damn a Smaug or wiz could work…Matrix would be awesome!

#3189 40 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome looking game room. I would be screwed with all of those chocolate bars laying around, they would be gone in a couple days lol.

lol…its a game night thing…who ever wins gets the chocolate bar and bragging rights!

#3190 40 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Something interesting about Elton John CE toppers. According to Steve both screens on the CE topper are from left over Toy Story 4 playfield LCD's lol. This makes me believe that Toy Story's production has been cut short of what JJP originally intended (as a TS CE owner I'm good with that lol).
There's a chance that Toy Story's production numbers remain fairly low which in the long run may be a positive for the games value.
"They had a whole bunch of leftover LCD displays from Toy Story"

Finally a pin I will never sell might go up in value lol…

#3191 38 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

Damn a Smaug or wiz could work…Matrix would be awesome!

My TS4 sits right between Godfather and Wonka. That will soon change as I'm picking up a Hobbit Gold Smaug in a few days, I can fit 3 pins on the east wall and 5 on the north wall so I think I'll set them in this order:

WOZ, Wonka, TS4 (3 movie pins)

Hobbit, Godfather, GNR, *Elton (when I get one), Dialed In.

#3192 38 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

My TS4 sits right between Godfather and Wonka.

Same here and they look beautiful together. I'm going to add one more JJP in place of R&M to complete my wall, just don't know which one yet. If Harry Potter comes to fruition next it will be a JJPHP for certain.

PXL_20240128_214521372.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240128_214521372.MP (resized).jpg
#3193 38 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Same here and they look beautiful together. I'm going to add one more JJP in place of R&M to complete my wall, just don't know which one yet. If Harry Potter comes to fruition next it will be a JJPHP for certain.
[quoted image]

How do you like R & M? I've only had 2 or 3 games on one.

#3194 37 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

How do you like R & M? I've only had 2 or 3 games on one.

It's fast and brutal at times, but I really enjoy it. It's a nice change of pace from everything else in my collection. The callouts are fantastic and the different dimensions you can enter add a unique aspect of depth to a pretty straightforward game.

I won't get rid of it, will end up moving it to a different spot in the house so I can add another JJP to even out my JJP/TZ wall asthetically.

#3195 35 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

It's fast and brutal at times, but I really enjoy it. It's a nice change of pace from everything else in my collection. The callouts are fantastic and the different dimensions you can enter add a unique aspect of depth to a pretty straightforward game.
I won't get rid of it, will end up moving it to a different spot in the house so I can add another JJP to even out my JJP/TZ wall asthetically.

I love R&M too and I feel like I can’t ever sell that one. I have to tell you though that none of those JJPs beat Elton John. Blows them away. Wonka is great, but Elton beats it. I couldn’t believe it but it’s true. Play that game for 20 plays and tell me you aren’t hooked. The CE is amazing.

#3196 35 days ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I love R&M too and I feel like I can’t ever sell that one. I have to tell you though that none of those JJPs beat Elton John. Blows them away. Wonka is great, but Elton beats it. I couldn’t believe it but it’s true. Play that game for 20 plays and tell me you aren’t hooked. The CE is amazing.

I played Elton at a barcade a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was. I didn't play anything else in the place. I will get one when the price drops out of it. These 15K or 12K NIB pins are a thing of the past for me.

#3197 35 days ago

Perhaps I haven't played EJ enough. However at this point I really prefer TS4 over EJ.

I think it has something do about the rules. I really like the rules in TS they seem to be my cup of tea.
EJ rules don't seem as engaging to me.

#3198 35 days ago
Quoted from indybru:

Perhaps I haven't played EJ enough. However at this point I really prefer TS4 over EJ.
I think it has something do about the rules. I really like the rules in TS they seem to be my cup of tea.

Totally different play.
EJ is lightening fast once you get in the groove and the lights and celebrations are over the top.
When I go from Elton to ts4 it’s like taking a calming vacation after a downhill skiing trip! Hahahah
Love both games

#3199 35 days ago
Quoted from indybru:

I’m with ya. With Toy Story 4 there’s far more unique detailed animations (versus static images on EJ) and the ruleset feels more focused with a variety of unique rules. The rules on Elton John feel more generic which tends to be the case with most music pins.

#3200 35 days ago
Quoted from indybru:

TS4 - is much more 'start a mode, hit some shots', repeat... there are things like ball saves, or maybe stacking a minor Multiball.. but its pretty simple in this regard.

EJ is less 'singular mode' oriented.. and more about qualifying concurrent things and doing so in a strategic way.

I think TS4 is more a 'completion-ist' kind of ruleset... while EJ is more a 'target and qualify' kind of game play. It makes TS4 more stop and go with the mode starts/completes too.. where EJ only has holds really for multiball start.

But also gives EJ a bit more energy when it really gets going... Stage multiball is really really done well in EJ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 49.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,225 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 65.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.