IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

To add to this conversation, just bought NIB Wonka from a distro and once unboxed, I saw this…
The backbox has a 4-5” crack and the backside of the backbox is not properly aligned… personally, this is a manufacturing problem.
I’m in limbo right now as my wife, who signed for the package, forgot to put on the BOL the shipping box had a small hole in it. Fyi, that hole was on the opposite side of this damaged/cracked area.
At the moment it seems Frieght insurance is not liable. My wife did indicate on the slip she could not unbox to verify if any concealed damage exist.
Seems distro tried to tech out to JJP. No surprise I think JJP will not provide a replacement.
Even if my distro “fixes” it using glue and repaint.. why would that be acceptable for a NIB machine??
I’m hoping my issue is resolved appropriately. Personally, this slipped through the cracks, but it’s also hard to prove if this happened while it sat in the distro’s warehouse for the past 1 1/2 years.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sucks that happened. If it left the factory like that there's no excuse. I suppose a screw could have been overtightened and then the damage didn't occur until during shipping.

I recommend getting a hobby syringe and some needles (kit below, may need smaller needles or need to drill small pilot holes into the crack). Fill the syringe with wood glue, inject into cabinet, clamp, let dry, fill the crack if needed with some wood filler / sand, add a bit of paint, done. Should look as good as new.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBSWJ5R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Clamp (use wider piece of wood on top and bottom to brace): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FA0BMW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

3 months later
#1506 1 year ago

May be joining the club with a CE. Just curious, has anyone heard if JJP plans to expand upon the code? I thought I read someone saying that JJP is working on a new beta update.

#1507 1 year ago

In the club, just got NIB CE #592 into the game room! Traded my Ghostbusters Premium for it, enjoyed that game but wanted something different after 5 years. Will post some pictures once it’s up and running.

2369A690-813F-4B44-B8CA-9B9E57427530 (resized).jpeg2369A690-813F-4B44-B8CA-9B9E57427530 (resized).jpeg

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Was this the one for $13K in Saginaw?

No, I almost got that one but would have needed to sell my Ghostbusters first. Another Pinsider a lot closer to me reached out and we did a trade for my Ghostbusters Premium for the NIB Toy Story CE.

#1516 1 year ago

Has anyone here tried centering their Benson posts? The left one on my game is very close to one of the sides of the playfield, definitely off centered. Just don’t want to run the risk of it rubbing against the wood and causing any damage.

#1558 1 year ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

It flashes if you played but didn’t complete the mode. If you completed it, it will be solid

I was just wondering about this. So if one of the 7 scene inserts is flashing you played the mode but did not complete, solid is complete. Just to be sure the wizard mode can only be reached if you complete all 7 scenes right? The rule sover screen and PDF say's to start all 7 scenes to get to the wizard mode, but the playfield says to complete the 7 scenes.

#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Some really need to be completed, like the Forky Rescue, just playing it an failing doesn't count. Most just need to be played. Ultimately, as long as you get all 7 either flashing or lit you can start the wizard mode. Using the ramp to switch between the Buzz Wizard mode or the Woody Wizard mode.
The more you compete, the easier the wizard mode is.
To say you've beat the game is essentially saying you got Woody and Buzz both there in one game.

Thanks! That really helps. When you mentioned using the ramp to switch between the Buzz wizard mode or Woody wizard mode is that prior to starting the wizard mode or during? For example do you initially play the Buzz version of the wizard and then have to go back and relight the 7 scenes to start the Woody version? Does the starting the Woody version require all 7 scenes to be completed versus just some being attempted?

#1563 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

When the wizard mode is lit on the scoop, you can change between Woody and Buzz with the ramps. The on-playfield display will tell you which character you're on and which ramp you need to hit to change it. This must be done before actually shooting the scoop. Once the mode starts, you're locked in.
After the wizard mode is completed the 7 scene lights will unlight and you must relight all 7 lights a second time to get there again. They can either be flashing or solid, hence, you're never required to have them all "Completed". They're harder to light the second time around though. As most things require more effort to preform. Such as Forky requiring a 4 shot combo and it taking more shots to light the forky rescue, carnival modes costing more tickets and requiring more shots , etc...
So, realistically, completing the Wizard mode once means you're about 40% through actually beating the game. As the latter half requires more effort.

Wow thanks! That's great to hear, there's a lot of depth to this pin, much deeper then I thought.

1 month later
#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks awesome and fun! The CE is definitely one hell of a beautiful pin.

2 weeks later
#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Got to play an LE tonight. Game shoots great! Flippers feel snappier. Theme integration and animations are top notch. Light show is very nice. Art on the LE couldn’t be better. Not sure what there is to complain about. Buddy had a 4 million point game so we got to see a little bit of the code and it seems solid.
The TS4 hate will fade away, because this thing has a bunch going for it.
Toy Story as a theme kept me from buying initially, i’m not really into the younger themes. But playing it made me think it could work it’s way into my game room at some point.

Glad you enjoyed it. I think I'm done trying to say anything positive about the game in other threads. I understand criticism but there's a few on here that have become relentlessly rude when it comes to any positive comments about the game. Hell I made a comment in another thread about having family over for a party and how Toy Story was the most played game. For that comment I was basically told "That's because they were there for two hours and are attracted to lights like flies on $hit" lol really? It's no wonder why JJP staff has sadly been driven away from this site and even others are posting less such as Greg from SDTM.

#1930 1 year ago

Good ideas. A PC, as JJP uses, can have reset issues if the CPU is overheating. It's possible the CPU fan is unplugged or not working. Not sure if JJP installs those little motherboard mini speakers when they build games but those typically sound for issues like this. Can also try powering up the game with the PC case in the backbox exposed to make sure the CPU fan, and others around there, are working.

2 weeks later
#2065 1 year ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:When is new code coming out for this machine? I can’t be the only one with bugs and glitches in their game. One big one for me is the daily high score. The machine always has the person with the lowest score enter their score as todays high score. So whoever is the worst player when I am playing with my friends gets to enter in their name as the high score winner and nobody else gets to enter in their name. Very weird glitch, and makes people start fighting sometimes. My game room is going to be destroyed in a bar fight. LOL

Have you opted into beta updates? Not sure if there's been any adjustments there regarding high scores.

2 months later
#2332 1 year ago

It's cool something was added but where's the notes for additional callouts, expanding upon existing or adding more modes, adding different music to the carnival modes? A meat and potatoes substantial code update has been missing from JJP for a long time.

3 weeks later
#2466 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

New code out. Just downloaded 1.12. No reference to it yet on the website. We got an equalizer now.
[quoted image]

Cool, a few quality of life improvements which is welcomed.

I wish JJP would add an additional mid wizard mode and add some new music for the carnival modes (there's one in particular that is so slow sounding and rather dull).

6 months later
#2928 5 months ago

Congrats to all the new owners. TS is a blast and is a very fun game. I think more and more people are realizing that as time goes on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
Wanted
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 16.95
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.