IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I was fortunate to get a CE. In the end, I want a game that's fun and a challenge to play. That's #1 over mechs, toys, and gimmicks.

This! Iron Maiden has no mechs or gimmicks except for the jump ramp and it’s a great game!

#161 1 year ago

I’ve seen multiple posts about people “blowing up the code” and finishing the game, and it’s only a week old.

What’s the truth to this? Is it that easy? Will this game have any lastability?

2 weeks later
#398 1 year ago

Additional CE only call-outs by John Ratzenberger, Joan Cusack and Wallace Shawn would be an awesome code update, make the CE more desirable

3 weeks later
#613 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

the game just released and Wonka is on 2.0 give it time guys! I am sure Joe and Pat are committed to this being a legacy game

But Pat's not there anymore, is he?

2 weeks later
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

In fairness, most the games in the top 100 are really good.
The only two I really disagree with being in there are The Munsters (at 100) and Family guy (at 93). Those games are pretty awful, but maybe I just don't like mini playfields with mini balls.

Jackbot deserves better than 146 too. But I digress.

#779 1 year ago

With all of the talk of shallow code, lack of depth, etc what’s the likelihood that we’ll see more code with more things to do?

They’ve never left a single title alone with no code updates

#836 1 year ago

I'm on vacation at Disney and its clear to me that it was Disney's direction to implement the carnival theme into the TS4 theme. I was at the World of Disney store at Disney Springs and the TS4 murals on the walls were carnival themed.

20220827_195733.jpg20220827_195733.jpg20220827_200039.jpg20220827_200039.jpg

1 week later
#880 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Anybody like to bash benson? I would!!
I will complete him and will share it when tested
Maybe I will make 1 where gabby is in the middle and 2 bensons on the side of her
Gabby is the original mold next to the new benson
[quoted image]

Benson needs his mouth open, more creepy that way

#888 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't see how. The game software is going to play Gabby Gabby sounds, the mode is Gabby Gabby, etc.
What sense will that make when it's Benson instead?
IMO this another mod that breaks the theme.

That doesn't stop the guy who hates Iron Maiden music from changing the song library on his IMDN Premium to the Bee Gees.

2 weeks later
#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Good strim tonight from ZMeny ’s flipnoutpinball! Had JJP folks online. Go check it out if you missed it.

Any mention of code updates?

1 month later
#1426 1 year ago

Looks like the CE ratings are now included, gave it a huge boost.

1 week later
#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In the club, just got NIB CE #592 into the game room! Traded my Ghostbusters Premium for it, enjoyed that game but wanted something different after 5 years. Will post some pictures once it’s up and running.
[quoted image]

Was this the one for $13K in Saginaw?

1 week later
#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I was just there a month ago and never found one. My hotel had Tron, Star Wars, Guardians, and Avengers but they were so broken and badly needed repairs, they were unplayable.

Mostly saw pins at Art of Animation and Pop Century hotels back in the summer. They do not maintain their games very well at all.

1 month later
#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

Running 1.09 code and enable attract mode music to ON but it doesn't play anything when machine is idle. Is that a bug or they never got around to added sounds and music?

The only attract sounds is the music when the JJP logo shows up on the screen, and even then it's only every second or third time.

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

I hope they add some in future updates

Quoted from Green-Machine:

They better! A lot of money wrapped up in this pin.

I'm pretty sure its the same on all JJP games, at least it is on my Hobbit and Willy Wonka

#2055 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

So I pulled off the casing this morning and here is what I found... The opto is placed too far back from the wheel. The opto will never be triggered by the turning of the wheel.
I am thinking about taping some paper to lengthen what would normally break the opto signal.
Thoughts?
[quoted image]

I'm having the opposite error 'check topper switch #d161, Duke wheel flag opto (stuck open)'. I took off the casing and found that the red and black opto wires had wrapped around the end of a fastener so that they were tight and wouldn't let the wheel turn. The black wire had been pulled out of the opto completely, hence the 'stuck open' error.

I will be putting a ticket in with JJP tomorrow to see what they can do about the opto, because I see no way to reconnect the black wire.

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Mine does this too. Not all the time...but occasionally. Did you find a solution?

In test mode on my CE I found one of the left ball lock optos were fluttering very rapidly between activated and unactivated. In Device Tests, Left Lockup Test, you can tell the game to calibrate the sensors (page 25 of the manual). It took about three tries for me but eventually the fluttering stopped and the optos stayed unactivated.

#2057 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

Quick question, I know your trying to hit the skill shot with the plunger so you don't want the ball to plung that hard but at full strength is it supposed to make the ramp shot? Auto plunger does it no problem.

I have the same problem and I think you should be able to plunge to the ramp. I've noticed in the shooter lane, the ball rests on the auto-plunger whereas all of my other games it sits on the tip of the shooter rod. There's maybe a 1/8" gap between the ball and the shooter rod tip. That's enough to rob some of the plunger power so that the ball can't make it all the way around.

I'm not sure how to fix this short of shifting the entire auto-plunge mech 1/8" to compensate.

#2058 1 year ago

Lastly, there are two LEDs behind the backglass, one on either side of the camera. These appear to light the Bensons in the backglass on either side of the camera. In my game the one LED is not riveted to its base so it hangs loose in the backbox. Anyone else had this?

#2059 1 year ago

I think that's enough for now

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm having the opposite error 'check topper switch #d161, Duke wheel flag opto (stuck open)'. I took off the casing and found that the red and black opto wires had wrapped around the end of a fastener so that they were tight and wouldn't let the wheel turn. The black wire had been pulled out of the opto completely, hence the 'stuck open' error.
I will be putting a ticket in with JJP tomorrow to see what they can do about the opto, because I see no way to reconnect the black wire.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

I have the same problem and I think you should be able to plunge to the ramp. I've noticed in the shooter lane, the ball rests on the auto-plunger whereas all of my other games it sits on the tip of the shooter rod. There's maybe a 1/8" gap between the ball and the shooter rod tip. That's enough to rob some of the plunger power so that the ball can't make it all the way around.
I'm not sure how to fix this short of shifting the entire auto-plunge mech 1/8" to compensate.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Lastly, there are two LEDs behind the backglass, one on either side of the camera. These appear to light the Bensons in the backglass on either side of the camera. In my game the one LED is not riveted to its base so it hangs loose in the backbox. Anyone else had this?

JJP is sending me a new opto, a new shooter rod spring, and new backbox LED lamp socket!

1 week later
#2077 1 year ago

The blue wires are extra power for the topper, etc

#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

For anyone that can make it all the way around to the right ramp off the plunge, please look at your plunger. Does the ball sit on the plunger tip or on the auto ball launcher?

#2083 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

JJP is sending me a new opto, a new shooter rod spring, and new backbox LED lamp socket!

All the fixes from JJP worked, except the new shooter rod spring, see above.

3 weeks later
#2155 1 year ago

What are other people’s sound settings like? I get moments of very loud music, but often can barely hear the call-outs

1 month later
#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I had same issue. The only solution is to slightly bend the playfield holder tabs down so the playfield sits slightly higher up. This will insure it doesn’t hit the auto plunge assy

Not too high, or the nuts from the apron cards will come into contact with the pf glass

2 weeks later
#2408 12 months ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

just had a bug with the latest code. after I lost my last marble, the pinball machine turned off and came back on...has anyone else had this problem?

I hate it when I lose my marbles

1 month later
#2536 10 months ago

We're up to 1.12 now, any word on if there will be a code update coming with additional depth or tweaks a la Wonka?

3 weeks later
#2567 10 months ago

Why are people changing their coil stops?

1 month later
#2645 9 months ago

The goodie bag comes with a half dozen different fobs

-23 (resized).jpg-23 (resized).jpg-25 (resized).jpg-25 (resized).jpg-26 (resized).jpg-26 (resized).jpg-32 (resized).jpg-32 (resized).jpg-24 (resized).jpg-24 (resized).jpg-33 (resized).jpg-33 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2675 8 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Further, I’d say categorically it IS seldom and I can’t understand - compared to the other 2 major companies (spooky and stern) - how this is “completely inaccurate”.

Stern needs frequent and regular updates when they release games with 0.69 code.

1 week later
#2724 8 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

When you're on the initials screen to enter your name for a high score, instead of typing in your name or initials just hit the left flipper to move the character entry to 'end' and then hit the start button. It will take your picture and randomly enter your name as a character from the movie (i.e. Woody, Forky, Bo Peep, etc.). Stumbled upon this by accident on my Godfather and it holds true for Toy Story as well.

Mine only enters JJP, but it’s set up for three initials only, the way it should always be

#2726 8 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I have mine set up for 11 character entry, but I hear what you're saying. Old schools initials. I remember when my brother and me had to write our Mata Hari high scores on hockey tape with a sharpie and stick them to the back box.

The entering of the initials should not take longer than the actual game.

Not that I suck at pinball, but . . .

4 weeks later
#2809 7 months ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I'm hoping this will draw them in to play more pinball.

Probably shouldn't put it right next to Alien

1 week later
#2829 6 months ago

I’m still having issues with my ball plunger hitting the auto-plunge mech. I’ve tried all of the suggestions here to no avail.

I compared TS4 to Wonka, and it appears the auto-plunge on TS4 sits just slightly lower, enough to hit the plunger. They look to be the exact same mech on both games, why would one be lower than the other?

#2831 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

Playfield hangers bent and not straight up and down ?
LTG : )

I’m referring to the distance of the auto plunge relative to the underside of the playfield, playfield hangers are irrelevant

#2833 6 months ago

I've bent the hangers as far as I can, so much so that the playfield glass is close to scratching the ball arch, and the lock down bar is very hard to lock in place, yet I'm still getting interference at the shooter rod.

If the auto-plunge was more like on Wonka (i.e., higher), there would be no problem.

1 week later
#2866 6 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Promo shots for the NFL Toy Story broadcast.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What’s Stinky Pete doing there?

And Lightning McQueen?

And Nemo and Dorey?

1 week later
#2899 6 months ago

Which version of the Carnival Booth is it?

1 month later
#2969 5 months ago

Nothing on their site

1 month later
#3029 3 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I don't believe there are any game play differences, just differences in the powder color, topper, and extras.
LE - Blue powder, doesn't come with a topper (one is available) or extras.
CE - Red Powder, comes with high-end topper, art blades, shooter rod, different playfield art, Radcals, mirrored backglass, and autographs.
I have an LE with the LE topper and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything personally since the game play is the same. Whether you value those upgrade for the price difference is up to you, but you do get a lot of value for that extra money. Not sure where you're looking, but I would buy used on this title. Should be able to score a fairly decent deal on one at this point. Used CE's as low as $10,500 and LE's as low as $8500 here on Pinside as an example.

Extra callouts by Annie Potts
Different cabinet art

1 month later
#3081 45 days ago

I’m trying to install 1.13 in my CE using USB

With the game on in game update, it recognizes that there’s a full version on the USB, tells me to reboot. Okay.

When I reboot, the game doesn’t see the USB, boots up to 1.12.

What am I missing?

2 weeks later
#3128 27 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

For some reason I ended up with two Art of Pinball Curio cabinets, and interactive carnival booths. If anyone interested in a set please message me .I could sell them at discounted 650.00 for both that includes shipping (original is 900)
Thanks

Will you be at Pinfest?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 16.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 35.00
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=hammerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.