(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 101.
#4701 3 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Best bet is to contact Spooky Service

Yea........I know.......and agree with you. As nice as they are, I don't like bothering them if I can help it.

#4702 3 months ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Yea........I know.......and agree with you. As nice as they are, I don't like bothering them if I can help it.

They are legit paying someone to be bothered by us haha. Make AJ earn that green!! lol

#4703 3 months ago

Ultraman new code is being streamed tonight guys

#4704 3 months ago

Woot!

#4705 3 months ago

Hi folks,

Just posting this for those owners who have acquired their machines recently and may have broken or cracked ball deflector shields.

Replace that flimsy, cracked, or broken ball deflector shield with this redesigned, heavy-duty version. For all Spooky Halloween and Ultraman machines, these new deflector shields are machine cut from 3/16-inch thick polycarbonate. They will not vibrate, bounce, or break due to ball impacts. Included are detailed instructions and new posts to replace the existing posts under the left side of the shield.

I have 23 of these shield kits left and that will be it.

Here is a link to my ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/164797

Contact me via PM for further details. Thanks!

Pinside_market_164797_0 (resized).jpgPinside_market_164797_0 (resized).jpg
#4706 3 months ago

https://www.twitch.tv/bugs_scream_n_stream

Bug is playing UM tonight and he said they will be showing beta code of the wizard mode

#4707 3 months ago

help me fix my screen size so I can be excited too

#4708 3 months ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

help me fix my screen size so I can be excited too

We talked about it today. AJ will be in touch. It's a bit of a strange one since the computer should auto detect the screen.

#4709 3 months ago

Did Bug say in the stream when we'll get the new UM update? I only made it to the drawing and he hadn't gotten anywhere near the wizard mode. I hope it's awesome, even though I may never get there myself. If I heard Bug right he said you have to COMPLETE all nine other modes to get the wizard.

#4710 3 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Did Bug say in the stream when we'll get the new UM update?

He didn't say, just said this was a beta version of the update. It looked great though!

#4711 3 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Did Bug say in the stream when we'll get the new UM update? I only made it to the drawing and he hadn't gotten anywhere near the wizard mode. I hope it's awesome, even though I may never get there myself. If I heard Bug right he said you have to COMPLETE all nine other modes to get the wizard.

Before Valentine's Day. Yes, or you can cheat and force enter via the menu system for us less skilled folks....

#4712 3 months ago

Did they throw the Twitch Stream up on Youtube yet?

#4713 3 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Did they throw the Twitch Stream up on Youtube yet?

Not yet, but apparently when they do it'll be on Bug's stream channel, which is separate from Spooky.

https://youtube.com/@BugsScreamNStream?si=5PqsrtW9XP6OK3_s

#4714 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

https://www.twitch.tv/bugs_scream_n_stream
Bug is playing UM tonight and he said they will be showing beta code of the wizard mode

Watched Bug's twitch stream post-live - luvin' the Ultra Bros wizard mode! Doubt I will ever make it there on a regular game and will need to use the menu change. LOL

#4715 3 months ago

There is a menu option for what’s required to reach Ultra Brothers: start 6 modes, start 9 modes, complete 6 modes or complete 9 modes.

lpeters82 has done a stellar job designing this mode, you guys are going to love it. Especially the feature where it saves the times of your best run and when you play it again you can see your +/- time, so you know how you’re tracking - kind of like Mario Kart’s ghost driver lap times.

We’re just working through a few small things, then we’ll get the code out to beta testers, and the update will be shortly after that

#4716 3 months ago

Being able to access the wizards outside of having to open the machine would be nice, kind of like other games where you can hold down the two flipper buttons while in free play, that opens a menu to select to play the wizard modes direct as a challenge mode. And being able to record those separate wizard play scores as well as their own high score section on both UM/HWN would be an awesome addition.

#4717 3 months ago

Agreed on those. They are both high priorities

#4718 3 months ago

how are ya'll finding this game after the new code updates? 6k for a new CE seems like a steal

#4719 3 months ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

how are ya'll finding this game after the new code updates? 6k for a new CE seems like a steal

The game is awesome, love it! I got mine last October NIB for $6k from Nitro, totally a steal. But also bad because it undervalues Spooky games....As I've posted before, as someone that has never watched Ultraman, or owned a Spooky game, I have zero regrets. The chances of it leaving my collection is slim to none.

#4720 3 months ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

They are a steal, really. Gets every bit as much play as any other machine I have. Art is fantastic. Theme integration is also really good. I don't stare at the screen much, but when I do there are all sorts of clips. Multiballs are varied and challenging to collect all of the Supers through each to unlock the Mini Wizard mode. Which itself is fantastic.

Very excited for the coming update. No plans on letting mine go anytime soon.

#4721 3 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Getting the quiet Fuji callouts audible is the highest priority, yes?

& getting the footage in the UI monitor back to 4:3 instead of 1x1 squished.

#4722 3 months ago

I love my Ultraman, but I would love it a lot more if I got it for $6000 and not the original $9000. Thought about selling it a couple times, but I just can’t.

#4723 3 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I love my Ultraman, but I would love it a lot more if I got it for $6000 and not the original $9000. Thought about selling it a couple times, but I just can’t.

I need to move something to make room for my new EHOH & something else for my upcoming Pulp Fiction. I kinda don’t wanna sell any more B/W 90s games…so UM seems like a logical choice, but I still legit love playing it & wanna keep it thru final code.

#4724 3 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

A collaboration mode would be as equally awesome! Thanks for all the great work Matt!

#4725 3 months ago

RussMyers is out here providing top quality decals for empty UM drop targets! I’m in love with them.

IMG_7264 (resized).jpegIMG_7264 (resized).jpegIMG_7265 (resized).jpegIMG_7265 (resized).jpeg

As far as update code stuff goes, I’m really crossing my fingers for Vsync/screen tearing being addressed in the update. Talked to AJ and did a thorough report of the issue, and he seemed interested in getting this information to the dev team, so here’s hoping.

Also, how do you know when you’ve added too much to the top of your backbox? Asking for a friend… I’ve gone too far!I’ve gone too far!

#4726 3 months ago

Any instructions or tips for mounting a new plastic over the drops. Mine broke and Spioky sent me a replacement. Looks like I’ll need to remove the first upper playfield to access screws.

#4727 3 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Any instructions or tips for mounting a new plastic over the drops. Mine broke and Spioky sent me a replacement. Looks like I’ll need to remove the first upper playfield to access screws.

You don't need to do that. It's kind of a PITA (I have done it) but you can get to those nylon lock nuts holding the shield on the right side by using very low-profile tools. Have a magnetic wand handy and hemostat or tweezers as well. But it can be done.

RM

#4728 3 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Do yourself a favor and get that upgraded plastic shield while it's still available. The stock replacement will just break again before long.

#4729 3 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:Do yourself a favor and get that upgraded plastic shield while it's still available. The stock replacement will just break again before long.

What's the purpose of it? It's certainly not to stop my air balls because they never hit it! Ha

#4730 3 months ago

What's the purpose of it? It's certainly not to stop my air balls because they never hit it! Ha

Without that shield the resetting drop targets can launch the ball forcefully upward into the glass.

I played my UM for a bit when my shield was broken off and it became obvious why they added it.

RM

#4731 3 months ago

It takes a lot of hits you don’t realize. I mounted a figure on it and that thing shook like crazy.

#4732 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I need to move something to make room for my new EHOH & something else for my upcoming Pulp Fiction. I kinda don’t wanna sell any more B/W 90s games…so UM seems like a logical choice, but I still legit love playing it & wanna keep it thru final code.

I would drop RFM and/or NGG in a hot minute before Ultraman.

#4733 3 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

RFM takes up less space, if I got rid of it it wouldn’t give me an extra spot. I love NGG, and it’s a mint low play HUO. I don’t want to get rid of any more B/W games at the moment. Even though I love many newer releases, nothing compares to the unique features & mechs in the 90s games.

I’m gonna list my LOTR. Great game, but I think I’ve played my fill at this point.

#4734 3 months ago

Was having what was shaping up to be my best game...I hit the store and then immediately exited... then nothing. The ball didn't come back up from the riser and ball search didn't trigger. So I shook the machine hard, nothing. Ended up manually tossing another ball into play and hit the scoop....nothing. tossed in a third ball into a Baltan to try the other riser, nothing. It's like the optics just stopped responding, or it didn't fully exit the store despite it not being on the screen. Interestingly enough before I hit the scoop again I was still able to add to the score but the ball didn't seem to actually be in play because my score was blinking and no additional assets played...which is why I think it didn't actually exist all the way from the store.

I went into the menu and then exited which of course restarted my game, but it still didn't trigger a ball search. After a power cycle, everything started working again, the ball search kicked on and my three balls came up from the risers. The icing on the cake...during this a Baltan also died, it just flops around now, ha. I have spare servos so I'm all good for that part.

Anyone encountered this issue/bug? V1.13

#4735 3 months ago

I was in the store and it wouldn't let me choose anything. Had to just exit. Game continued on though.

#4736 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

getting the footage in the UI monitor back to 4:3 instead of 1x1 squished.

This has been bugging us too! I'm happy to say that we've fixed it, and the fix will be in the upcoming update.

As with all things pinball it seems, it was harder than you'd think. The layer these videos are played also gets lots of text and images placed on it too. Initial forays into changing the dimensions made everything else out of whack. We managed to get everything playing nicely now though, and the people are finally un-squished.

#4737 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

RFM takes up less space, if I got rid of it it wouldn’t give me an extra spot. I love NGG, and it’s a mint low play HUO. I don’t want to get rid of any more B/W games at the moment. Even though I love many newer releases, nothing compares to the unique features & mechs in the 90s games.
I’m gonna list my LOTR. Great game, but I think I’ve played my fill at this point.

Keeping my UM- so much to still explore and so fun to shoot. My LOTR- never got into it- bought it because everyone raves about it. Don’t care about making it to valley whatever so it needs to go. Congrats to those who have made it- tough to do. Fortunately LOTR has held its value- trading for a LT.

#4738 3 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

This has been bugging us too! I'm happy to say that we've fixed it, and the fix will be in the upcoming update.

IMG_4229 (resized).jpegIMG_4229 (resized).jpeg
#4739 3 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

It's like buying an IPO for the first time and watching it drop to the basement on day one. Anyone who bought a NIB Ultraman is a bag holder for life. I have no idea what I'll do with mine. I play a few games every second update... When the code is done, I'll probably just take the big loss and move on. Maybe I'll keep it in storage to donate for shows.

#4740 3 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Keeping my UM- so much to still explore and so fun to shoot. My LOTR- never got into it- bought it because everyone raves about it. Don’t care about making it to valley whatever so it needs to go. Congrats to those who have made it- tough to do. Fortunately LOTR has held its value- trading for a LT.

You’ll definitely get more for your LOTR than UM.

I can’t sell mine for $6k.

#4741 3 months ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You’ll definitely get more for your LOTR than UM.
I can’t sell mine for $6k.

Absolutely true. I often wonder why I like “weird” unpopular themes like UM. But I am also into some eccentric hobbies… like pinball.

#4742 89 days ago

Beta-code day Going off previous release schedule I would expect the official update to drop within the week, barring any major issues in the beta. Excited to get this loaded after work today, just watched Godzilla Minus One/Minus Color last night and Shin Kamen Rider last weekend, I'm in a kaiju/tokusatsu mood.

#4743 89 days ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

RFM gets alot of love from me update wise these days. I would be sure to check the latest updates for both before making any decisions though. Worth remembering that not all old games are stuck on old code and new code can breath new life into most games. Possibly someone may update NGG to one day.

I will be trying out the new UM beta code shortly. Looking forward to it!

#4744 89 days ago

I know the non expert modes light Pigmon's face, Pigmon multiball lights Pigmon, Science Patrol multiball lights the silhouette, but what lights the foot icon? I thought it was Neronga but I just played that mode before taking this picture

IMG_20240129_210209893 (resized).jpgIMG_20240129_210209893 (resized).jpg
#4745 89 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I know the non expert modes light Pigmon's face, Pigmon multiball lights Pigmon, Science Patrol multiball lights the silhouette, but what lights the foot icon? I thought it was Neronga but I just played that mode before taking this picture
[quoted image]

I too would like to know that, and also what most of the other lights mean. When I have people over to play pinball and they ask about the meaning of some of playfield lights, most of the times I can’t answer.

#4746 88 days ago

Just ordered my Scooby Doo Topper.

Zoinks!!!

RussMyers

#4747 88 days ago

New update has been all good for me so far. I haven't played the wizard mode yet as I like earning them, but the UI updates + small tweaks make the game feel a lot more polished. I didn't catch any screen tearing (HUGE improvement, that's been a pet peeve of mine), aspect ratio issues are corrected, idk if it's just in my head but things just seem to be running smoother... no big delay/cpu "thinking" when I fall into the store now. Just some really good work on top of the additional content, nice job Matt + team.

#4748 88 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's like buying an IPO for the first time and watching it drop to the basement on day one. Anyone who bought a NIB Ultraman is a bag holder for life. I have no idea what I'll do with mine. I play a few games every second update... When the code is done, I'll probably just take the big loss and move on. Maybe I'll keep it in storage to donate for shows.

May take a some time but if Spooky games with niche themes like Rob Zombie and Domino’s can recover a good bit of their value than a much better game like UM has hope. You never know…couldn’t sell my Metallica LE for $7k and bought a TWD LE with topper for $6.5k since Pinside decided they sucked too.

#4749 88 days ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I didn't catch any screen tearing (HUGE improvement, that's been a pet peeve of mine), aspect ratio issues are corrected,

I wonder if the screen tearing was due to the incorrect ratio of the assets. I feel like this can happen with some video game emulation. Could also be screen refresh rate and fps of the video clips being mismatched previously. I hope this is fixed as it does stick out to me as well.

#4750 87 days ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

May take a some time but if Spooky games with niche themes like Rob Zombie and Domino’s can recover a good bit of their value than a much better game like UM has hope. You never know…couldn’t sell my Metallica LE for $7k and bought a TWD LE with topper for $6.5k since Pinside decided they sucked too.

Never know I guess. This one seems destined to stay low for a very long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 210.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.