(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 2 years ago

Just joined the club AKA (against Kaneda’s advice). Looking forward to getting this one!

2 weeks later
#87 2 years ago

Just paid invoice for #81. All these preorder games are coming in at once!

2 weeks later
#116 2 years ago

Woohoo! UM 81 shipping Monday!

1 week later
#240 2 years ago

Delivery scheduled for tomorrow! With new code update coming on Friday it is going to be a fun weekend.

#260 2 years ago

Officially in the club. Enjoying code 1.02 in anticipation of 1.04 tomorrow!

961DB92A-C459-4414-B821-C7B49E6CB15B (resized).jpeg961DB92A-C459-4414-B821-C7B49E6CB15B (resized).jpeg
#261 2 years ago

Game is a blast to play. My daughter says this may be her favorite. It plays a lot faster than what the streams look like. The upper playfields are much more of a challenge than I thought they would be in a good way. Light shows are great. Modes are varied. 1.02 code is a bit buggy, so very much looking forward to the update. Music is fantastic. The screen looks good. Finally seeing it in person and do not feel clips are too small at all. Don’t want to start that debate again, just want to reassure anyone who hasn’t seen it in person. Game shoots great. That far right Danesi style lock is a tough shot. Definite honeymoon phase, but this game is fun as is and updates will only make it better. Out of the box, no issues. I would say it is is a tie with AMH for best Spooky shooter in regards to shots and flow. Anyway, just a quick first impression from someone who was a little panicked given the early reviews from some of the louder folks on social media. No more panic. Just enjoyment and anticipation. Oh, and beta capsule shooter rod is the bomb!

#297 2 years ago

Seems just as buggy. It auto starts same monster every time I’m in a multiball and it drops from bemular playfield. Spacium store randomly starts when hit Bemular drop target while in Bemular stage 1. UI background dropping to black several times. And Topper disc still doesn’t activate while playing

#324 2 years ago

Played this morning again with my daughter and had a blast. This game is so fun to play.

#326 2 years ago

I’ve been watching season 1 ultraman with my kids. Man, I’ve forgotten how brutal Ultraman is to the Kaiju. I guess it didn’t sink in as a kid when I watched it. But now we laugh at just how brutal he is. Chopping parts off, pounding them endlessly into the ground, setting them on fire, and blowing them up. Yikes. My kids (teens) love it!

#330 2 years ago

Finally completed my first butt pretzel! Words, I never thought I would say.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from pballbro:

Long-time spooky supporter, first time poster. I bought RZ and R&M new in box. RZ was definitely a process. Spooky's support was great, and Charlie kept promising they were learning and things would continue improving. Those promises were why I bought R&M - dream theme but hesitant about the build quality. The NIB experience with R&M wasn't good at all. Actually it was worse than my experience with RZ - a step backwards despite the promises, but eventually Spooky helped me get everything working well. I *love* the game but hated the process of getting it playable. Scott, Eric, and Bowen delivered though. They're all brilliant, and the gameplay experience is also brilliant. Fantastic game.
The hope of another masterpiece from that team was why I pre-ordered UM, and when Charlie confirmed Bowen and Eric were involved, I was confident. Unfortunately, my confidence is gone. Gameplay videos just don't look good to me, and learning that neither Bowen nor Eric is actually involved is kind of shocking. Did Charlie flat out lie? Now we know it was designed by beginners and shipped with barely playable software. Did Spooky really get rid of most of the people who helped them grow into a successful company? Is Chris from Kingpin also gone? Hearing of machines bricking with software updates and repeated promises from Luke of "doing better" feels like just repeats of Charlier's old promises and without the experienced team to back up those promises.
I don't know what's going on with this company, but HWN and UM feel like major steps backwards. I want a great game, not lies and continued promises of a game that will become fun in the future. I feel like they've made a lot of money from a supportive community and now are skating along with passionate folks who might just not have what it takes. Do better Spooky! I haven't sold my spot yet, but I'm really scared about the state of the game, and I don't have confidence the current team can deliver. I know they're trying hard, but these things are expensive, and we customers deserve better.

I’ve owned all their games except RZ and R&M. I’ve played RZ and R&M several times t shows and location. UM is by far their best shooting game. The upper playfields are great. Lights and music on par with their other games. The code is good right now. A little rough around the edges in parts and some bugs. But this is a 1.5 year process. Always had been that way. Bowen was with the company when this game was being designed. Looks like they didn’t use his advice much. I was really worried about this as well, but now that it’s in my home and I’ve played it, I’m not worried. This is a great game. Knowing it will mature over another year means it will only get better. The shots, lights, music, and backbone of rules are there. Just needs to be tuned up.

#406 2 years ago

This thread needs to get more positive. I’ve been playing the game all weekend with both 1.02 and 1.04 code and it is a blast. Knowing there is a lot more to come is awesome. The core Spooky team is still in place. Spooky has also shown to adapt when necessary. UM is a ton of fun. Take some time off Pinside and breathe. When your game comes, it will be fun. I’ve played Godzilla pro and I am not sorry I chose UM. Don’t want to get into a comparison because they are completely different games. That is what I like most about Spooky. Their games are unique and they try different things. In lane lifters really add a dimension of randomness during a multiball. Having to work three playfields and be ever ready in the lifts is crazy. Control freaks will hate that, but pinball is supposed to be chaotic.

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Did this over the weekend.
Thinking if I can add it to the PF somewhere.
Last pic for scale.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was thinking of getting this. Is it a snap or glue model?

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Sounds like Fawzma found a way that Mac users can update the game in home! We will do instructions with the release of it when it's ready!
No extra app or anything required. Just more files that have to be copied to make a full image but it sounds like you can unzip and copy all at once so no extra steps.
No need to sweat guys.

I don’t think Fawzma gets enough credit. He’s been a solid member of the Spooky team since RZ. Keep up the good work!

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Coming soon in the first "expert" mode!
[quoted image]

Dada!

#480 2 years ago

My first UM mod. Unfortunately the side mirrors were lost to the carpet.

19C7ED52-6827-428D-BF49-20A0BCB718A3 (resized).jpeg19C7ED52-6827-428D-BF49-20A0BCB718A3 (resized).jpeg2B35E4EA-DD4D-4A57-B670-64F7410817FC (resized).jpeg2B35E4EA-DD4D-4A57-B670-64F7410817FC (resized).jpegFDF18515-E1AD-4D02-B4C5-ED255DC1B8A2 (resized).jpegFDF18515-E1AD-4D02-B4C5-ED255DC1B8A2 (resized).jpeg
#494 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Just finished mine too!
[quoted image]
PF view
[quoted image]
Close up
[quoted image]

I was thinking of doing that, but couldn’t find a big enough rock. Seriously though, that looks great!

#503 2 years ago

Here’s a new one. A little multiball madness!

3737271E-8A1C-467A-BA72-E018F6FA6F97 (resized).jpeg3737271E-8A1C-467A-BA72-E018F6FA6F97 (resized).jpeg
#514 2 years ago

Just want to confirm that invisiglass fits on UM perfectly and looks fantastic. Still loving this game and trying to master the pretzel.

#541 2 years ago

Had to add some character to my coin door.

943F6E81-21A3-4F6E-A0D6-BC1399A2752B (resized).jpeg943F6E81-21A3-4F6E-A0D6-BC1399A2752B (resized).jpeg
#544 2 years ago

Bug, I beg you. This needs to be in the game. Episode 34 “Present from the Sky”. Suicide, snow, beer, operation monster balloonization, bird poop, etc… this episode is so insanely bizarre!

045E4FDF-7D0B-4BD4-823C-D8ED9B11E59D (resized).jpeg045E4FDF-7D0B-4BD4-823C-D8ED9B11E59D (resized).jpeg

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I get my most extreme air balls off the three drop targets. I had one bounce off the drop and had it land behind my flipper and I am at a 6.5 pitch.

6.5 on playfield between slings or on the glass? Does your game have the air ball plastic above the drops? I just can’t imagine air all from drops going over the flippers.

#594 2 years ago

My mods came in before Christmas!

41FCAACE-A306-4AD7-8418-9CB0363B5433 (resized).jpeg41FCAACE-A306-4AD7-8418-9CB0363B5433 (resized).jpeg47045BA5-0087-4E69-999A-52D4E523C734 (resized).jpeg47045BA5-0087-4E69-999A-52D4E523C734 (resized).jpegC29B2A1C-9841-4C39-BB0E-F435CEF85C50 (resized).jpegC29B2A1C-9841-4C39-BB0E-F435CEF85C50 (resized).jpeg
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I got too excited and decided to unbox tonight and get a few games in. Here are some very early thoughts.
Pros:
-The artwork is amazing. I’m bummed that beautiful side art is going to be hidden in a line of pins
-shoots very well. Flipper power feels right and shots are satisfying. I really like that left orbit
-some cool lighting effects. I never felt blinded in anyway by the lights
Cons:
-Holy crap that inner-screen size has to go. Someone may have convinced themselves they like it but it’s terrible and makes the whole game feel cheaper. The font needs to be fixed to.
-Code needs to keep progressing. I don’t feel there was a lot to do and a lot of shots just felt like I wasn’t making progress toward anything
-event synchronization. When I’m in a battle I don’t really feel I am because it didn’t seem like hitting shots results in specific visuals or callouts. Perhaps I just missed them though and will find that with more play.
Pro or con?
The subway exits at the flippers. I currently don’t like these because after I hit a scoop I want to look up and see the display to know if I started and event or got some kind of reward. When I do that I tend to miss the quick flash at the slings and the ball just drains. I don’t want to have to stare down there all the time. This is different and I may grow used to it and like having the clean feed, but for now it is annoying me, haha.
I would say I’m currently underwhelmed and a little nervous, but hopeful Spooky will pull through!

I respect your opinion, but disagree on all of your cons. I like the screen choice. The computer bank look is part of the show and the scale is fine for the clips. Look at the match clip at the end. It is full size and you can really see the lack of resolution that the full size gives. I love the lifts at the inlanes. They add a new dimension to pinball. We all knew they were there when we bought the game. They keep you on your toes, especially in multiball. I do agree some better orchestration between clips , shots, and cues is needed, but that is called polish and it is to come. For me, the code is good right now with great “bones” and I am looking forward to it getting better. Spooky games are unique and don’t feel like modern Stern type games. You don’t get every shot going neatly to the flipper. And I like that. It is what the classic B/W games of the 80’s and 90’s were like. I hope you embrace the differences and learn to love the game. Merry Christmas.

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

My only mod! lol
[quoted image]

Ultraman: air ball tester.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Issue #1 am having with game is the Right Scoop seems to be a bit slow to trigger ball search when switch doesn't activate. I find myself waiting for the ball search to trigger and that is annoying.
Not sure if this is something I can easily fix yet or not.. Or mod to work better. Is this opto or switch?
Issue #2. During multi-ball on Level 2. The drop hole glitched during multi-ball. The ball search didn't find it after reset. I had to take glass off and use my magnet tool to retrieve ball from area.
That is it. I haven't spent any time looking for a fix or tinkering with switches or optos? Haven't looked at it.
So seems like if we can solve the ball search or latent switch issue that will improve the gameFlow. As far as rules. It is to soon to say. From what I've accomplished so far great. As I'm fairly busy may take some time for me to have a real opinion on those.
It hasn't stopped me from playing and enjoying the game. I don't plan on selling the game either. I believe firmly with a little more polish it will become a very desirable title. The "FLIPPERS" are the only ones that seem to be disappointed as many bought to make a quick buck. Others just might not understand that being the first kids to the party isn't always best. In my other hobby synthesizers many are released with glitches that only the most dedicated end users can find. It's documenting those glitches that make the game better. Happens with Stern,JJP and everyone else.

Only time I have had trouble with scoop switch is when hit on skill shot and needs ball search to clear. That is a known bug and is being addressed. Make sure you are on latest code and level side to side. Check both at top and lower parts of playfield. This game really needs to be level to play well. Good luck.

#637 2 years ago

Maybe I’m just lucky, but my family and I have been enjoying our game right out of the box since it arrived. Don’t care about resale at this point. Don’t care if my ramp is shiny and smooth because it will be scratched up after 50–100 plays. Middle ramp rejects without a clean shot because it is steep. Usually when it falls back it is not SDTM. People have serious FOMO and certain podcasters really drove up that fear and hype on this one. All spots sold immediately. I don’t think folks read the fine print that these would take 18 months to build and code would take just about as long. In our “I want it now" society people are bailing out. Once we get to the end of the run the resale value will be close to MSRP give or take. But who cares if you enjoy the game? Hopefully all pinball prices will start to drift down, but it will take some time or may never happen. Be more positive, and enjoy the game and the ride. Merry Christmas. Hope Spooky takes some time to be with family. The code can wait. There are more important things in life.

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Hopefully not “Spooky Luke’s”. That would not be a good look. Still a spooky employee if not. [quoted image]

No, that is the new programmer. Makes since. Most programmers/designers say they don’t play their games once finished since have spent so much time play testing.

#707 2 years ago

Any tips on completing the pretzel shot. Mine will reject the second loop if I hold the flipper up. Even with a clean shot through the right spinner loop. It will hit the right side of entrance to the left loop every time.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:Question , if I hit the shot across the balcony from the the upper , upper , playfield it then goes to the little ramp, get held by the magnet and drops isn't that supposed to start a multiball?
I did it twice and it just dropped but nothing happens .
lpeters82 ?

We’re you in Jirahs? If you were and finished enough spinners to turn target purple, then yes, that should start multiball. If you were in Gamora mode, then that shot is part of the mode and more targets will light after it drops. Complete those and hit Beta capsule to complete mode.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

One thing driving me nuts on this game is the upper most playfield. I keep getting balls stuck here. They just roll to this spot and stop. Like the upper playfield is tilted to the bottom left. How do I fix this? It’s like it needs a spacer under the playfield on the left side to tilt it more to the right. [quoted image]

This happens to me too. I have my back legs so that it is 1–2 degree higher on the left. This makes it so that when it gets stuck a couple of flips will shake it loose.

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone explain how the drop target above the right flipper is supposed to work? Mine works in test mode. I hit it all the time and it’s only locked a ball twice. Am I missing something?

It pops up on one hit of skill shot. If not on skills hot then have to hit the target 4 times to collect SSSP members. On 5th hit it locks.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I noticed some of the Ultraman clips in Bug's new video were full screen when showing off the Dada mode. Is this new or were there full screen clips before?

only on the intro and completed shots. it goes back and forth between small and big. Wonder if they are just trying something new out?

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I appreciate the response. Although I don’t think I should have to make the whole game Unlevel to fix this.

I was able to fix this issue. Take off metal plate that has the VTOL jet on it (two nuts). Don't worry, Jet is secured underneath with nut. Loosen the last two screws on the ball guide. There is a little play between the ball guide and the hole that allows it to shift up or down. For me, I adjusted the left (more proximal) screw towards the head and the right screw (more distal, towards the flipper) down. Then secure into place. You may need a little back and forth to find the sweet spot. Leveled the game back up and still working smoothly. Also made the butt-pretzel buttery smooth.

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What's up with this game and airballs? I've never played another game in my life that has so many airballs. That damn thing flies everywhere. It's not just when the ball hits drop targets or stationary targets. It's simply when you flip the ball. The ball will leave the flipper bat and go airborne. I thought maybe it was the flipper rubbers for some reason. Swapped them out and got the same results.
Could it be that the holes in the playfield for the flipper shaft, are drilled in at an angle, causing a slightly upward motion when the flipper bat swings at the ball? I'm completely puzzled by this. I know I'm not the only one with crazy airballs.

I have about the same amount of airballs on my AMH, Iron Man, and Stern Star Wars. I’m at 6.6 degrees and leveled at the top and bottom of playfield. I get the occasional reject from the drop targets (always from the right flipper) maybe a little more often than my Stellar Wars (lots of drop targets). I’m sure the airballs will increase after a fresh clean and wax. My SW and IM really have some crazy ball action after a clean.

1 week later
#944 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I don't know the rules very well. I noticed the center three drop targets pop up at the start of the game. But they never come back up once knocked down. The others all work as I would expect. Is my issue really an issue or just the state of the game code?
Thanks!!

They should pop back up after a mode is completed or failed. Hitting orbits will reset them. They are also used in some modes as well.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am a owner in the owners thread and I am 110% about people speaking there minds and opinions for better or worse about pins. Most of the time it has positive long term results of the games at hand.

As an owner (one who actually has the game and loves it) I check this thread (and other owners threads) for fixes, to help others with issues, to ask questions, and to see any new mods or additions that people add to their games. If I want a review, I look under game reviews. Unfortunately, it seems that 90% of this thread is people complaining about deposit sales and future resale value. Also, many non-owners feel the need to post in this thread how much they dislike the game. It's not fun to see people constantly crap on a game you love. And it does kind of take away from the fun. I agree with previous post that non-owner opinions belong in other threads. This kind of posting behavior is driving me away from Pinside. I came to love this site for the game support I got from others and the positive comments that get me excited about pinball in general. I feel confident opinions on this game will improve once more games are in peoples homes and code is more polished.

#1130 2 years ago

Meanwhile #81 is being played and enjoyed nearly every day. Bought the spot at someone’s (minimal) loss and delivered within a month of spot transfer. Game is great and gets better with every code update. Lights, sounds, clips, upper playfields, unique lifts, butt pretzels, drop targets, toys on the playfield, topper, and servos galore! Life is good when you just shut up and play the game. Spooky is hitting another home run in my opinion. So glad I didn’t “go go Godzilla.” Imagine having to listen to that garbage every multiball. Anyhow back to slaying some Kaiju!

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Everything is relative. Godzilla is killing it right now and rightly so, but UM/HWN are like a W/B machine on steriods. This is a GOOD thing for most non-pro tournament players.
These games are simply not trap and shoot sterns. They just aren't.
It's been a slow boil release, and the games are packed with really cool features. If these came out 2 years ago, preorders would be selling for over cost.
You're not going to lose your shirt, so stop losing your shit.

Amen, brother.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Some clever choreography while the ball is traveling

Actually in the latest code when ball travels from lower playfield to scoop, you see the science patrol go down a fireman’s pole. This is exactly the right direction for the code to go.

Quoted from RickyBobby1:

what is a "butt pretzel"??

Completing the figure of eight in the uppermost playfield in one shot. For whatever reason, this is the nickname that the Spooky team gave it. It is a very satisfying shot, for sure.

#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I like some of the thoughts & ideas above, am I missing something on the 2nd playfield?

Do you have the game? Just asking because I find the first upper playfield to be quite challenging. You hit the drop (bust through it) then hit the scoop behind to start the mode. Then have to hit the two stand ups. The left stand up is very challenging to hit and ball control is near impossible with easy drains to left, right, and center. Then have to hit the drop and then hit the scoop behind to finish that part and start the multiball. Hit all main playfield drop targets to light super jackpot on first upper playfield again. Need to knock down the drop target and hit the scoop to collect. Not easy… at least for me.

#1159 2 years ago

Waxed my playfield yesterday. Good for the Kaiju, but bad for me. Holy cow! Ball control is near impossible on a freshly waxed playfield. Love it and hate it at the same time!

1 week later
#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

spooky_dj when do you think we will see the next update and are there any plans to add some new music?

You do realize the music(except the UM theme) is original and done professionally by same guy who did ACNC. I think he plays with RZ. So, I seriously doubt the music will change. I like most of it, although it’s a little subdued in some of the modes. But each track is unique.

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I lost over $2k selling my UM CE w/Butter Cabinet.
So happy to have it gone though, I no longer care about the $2000+ loss.
This would be my 3rd and final Spooky pin until they hire a real designer and software programmer.
TNA is a long term keeper! But technically that isn't really a Spooky pin IMO.
No amount of code would help me to love that layout. I thought I would love it and keep it forever, but....
Beautiful artwork.
The Right orbit shot is frustrating for everyone. My Left Orbit shot only registered 20% of the time during the time I owned the game.
Drop targets didn't drop 50% of the time and sent ball flying back at player through the air. Left holes not fun or easy to hit.
Ramps often rejected firm shots and came flying back at ya. ?? Upper playfields look cool, but suck. Not many shots, and none flow. etc etc same as everyone else's opinions.

I disagree 100%, but that is why I am still an owner. Have none of your issues. Right orbit is tough but no harder than a Borg through the pops shot. Love the playfields and side shots. No issues with ramps. Drops will deflect direct hits, but this happens on every game with drops. No rejects from the left flipper, ever. As a happy owner I hang out in the owners thread.

There are games I don’t like and games I couldn’t wait to get rid of (looking at you Stranger Things). But I don’t hang out in their threads. Go play the games you like and live and let live. Tonight I’m gonna kill some Kaiju!

#1265 2 years ago

I heard there was an Ultraman movie in the works from a buddy of mine. Not sure if it's live action or animated though.
The Netflix Anime was interesting ( though rough ) kids hope it comes back.

Ultraman movie was supposed to be released last year but Covid delayed. Coming out this year.

#1276 2 years ago

My Ultraman was playable out of the box. Played for a couple of weeks before making a couple of adjustments. Just moved the uppermost playfield flipper position and the guide rail a smidge to make the butt pretzel smooth. My ACNC and TNA did not require any adjustments at all from the time I unboxed until I sold them.

#1298 2 years ago

Looking forward to the new code!

#1330 2 years ago

Question: Is the Topper supposed to spin? If so when is it supposed to spin?
I haven't tested mine but wondered when is it supposed to spin. Is this part of a mode?

Spins at start of multiballs and mode starts. also during attract. It is quiet, so I don't hear it and I'm always looking at the playfield or screen. I thought mine was broken until I saw it spin when my kids were playing.

#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

No numbers on the Ultraman games plaques. There was mention in one of the threads that they weren't sure how many they would need so the made them all the same. Benefit is, even standard games will have Bin's signature. That sparkle armor will be on the bloodsucker model.

Charlie posted that he had a last minute opportunity to get the signatures but this meant sacrificing the numbered plaques. He felt signature was worth it. I agree. I found a $5 online solution.

FF1F5B54-9AA6-47F9-9B62-A2CFE603AA05 (resized).jpegFF1F5B54-9AA6-47F9-9B62-A2CFE603AA05 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Have to say, the full screen video changes are so much better! Especially around multiball! Now I understand what I’m supposed to be doing so much more. There’s a lot of screen tearing issues on the video playback though. Also why are the titles so low resolution?
Now that you’ve helped address some issues, I’m going to make more demands:
I beg of you to use different typefaces. That font is quite possibly the worst thing in the game, plus throw in the white outline plus red body and it’s unreadable most of the time. You did so well with R&M, what happened? The Spacium screen countdown is particularly bad.
It would be nice if the middle playfield did something other than that one kaiju mode. Maybe allow it to progress the spinner shots during the time the upper playfield is active. Seems weird that there’s this pretty active middle playfield that does nothing. Every shot in the game should do something or be interactive.
The inlane sound effects on the last release were fine but you added some sort of mechanical whine noise. It is now more annoying.
The right side drop never seems to grab the ball anymore, like it’s not firing fast enough. Last version worked fine.
I’m still not sure what I’m supposed to do when the kaiju health meter gets to zero. There’s nothing telling me what to do next. In “normal” health meters the boss dies when it’s zero.
That said, I’m really enjoying the game I swear! This update was a big improvement, thanks!

I respectfully disagree with all your “demands”. The new lifter sound effects are awesome. Really enjoy the new clip sizes. Fonts are just fine. If you are talking about Jirahs health meter, then when it is empty hit the drop and then the ramp for multiball awesomeness.

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Like others I wish the middle playfield did more

In the new code it does. You can obviously start Bemular any time with it and score super jackpots, during Jirahs it is used to gain life back, It's used as three possible locations for Dada to hide in his mode, and it is used in Pigmon. Seems pretty good. Plus it is a great way to safely hit the mode scoop (by dropping in). I have a feeling it will be used more in newer updates, but so far so good.

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does the update contain the new song or music score they were mentioning they were excited about? Looking forward to getting the chance to do the update and play it. Likely not till next week for me sadly.

Yes in the new Pigmon mode.

2 weeks later
#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

My only complaint so far is the subways that shoot the balls up into the inlane. It's fine outside of multiball but typically when I play multiball I'm looking farther up the playfield than the flippers so I missed a lot of balls coming that just drained instantly before I could react.
I only played a handful of games (spooky was the 2nd most packed lines aside from Weird Al). Hopefully it's something I can just get used to.

That is what makes it fun. Geez. Everyone want easy return to flipper stuff. Pinball is random chaos.

1 week later
#1676 2 years ago

Anyone know how to remove the metal disc part from the topper motor(not the plastic piece). Looks like it takes an Allen wrench, but I can’t seem to fine one that fits.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just a tiny allen wrench, like removing a door handle.

Found one that fit. Tiny.

1 month later
#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

There must be better notice/warning that the ball is coming down the out lanes or the game is done for.
Make the flipper flip or a call out before the ball shows up.

Geez. Can people give it a rest? Two (2) sound cues and a flasher go off. After one ball or at most one game you should realize the ball returns from the inlanes. Spooky should NOT change this. It is what makes the game unique. Go buy a Stern. Every ramp will return neatly to your flipper with no risk or excitement.

#2209 1 year ago

I don’t get the people who complain so much about the code. Exactly what are you wanting. The modes are great. The addition of the final hurry up shot is great. The music is good. Multiballs are fun. Mini wizard and current wizard mode are great. I’ll probably never get to the upcoming final wizard mode. Code polish will make a great code better. I can understand not liking a layout. I’ve played lots of games I don’t care for. But I don’t understand why people like bashing on games that others like. But I’m used to it. I still love my Hobbit.

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Also, has anyone successfully added lit flipper buttons to Ultraman (or Halloween)?
Thanks,
RussMyers

Yep on the buttons. I chose the color changing ones. I use the comet diy kit. Simple and easy. And cheap. Use standard modern set.

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Whoah, wait, which multiballs are stackable? In Halloween, there is no way to combine main modes, let alone their respective multiballs, and the Jack-o-Lantern multiball also runs completely independently. Are UM's main modes stackable?
I don't consider freeing the rightmost captive ball to be "multiball" as there's no rules involved, it's just an extra ball on the playfield, and anyway the last time I did that it locked me out of starting pumpkin modes til the extra ball drained.

The games need more features.
Look at GZ... it has 4+3 kaiju battles, 4 multiballs and maser cannon mystery, somewhat comparable to HWN/UM 8 scoop modes, 3 multiballs and blood store. BUT: GZ also has the jet fighter attack mode, the magnagrab + imposters, saucer attacks, secret+city combos, monster rampage mode, powerline attack+tesla strike mode, loop awards, tailwhips, destruction jackpots, the 3 allies and their benefits, godzilla powerups, rage combo feature, hedorah mode, the heat ray feature, super spinner...
I'm not saying Spooky needs to even come close to matching all of this, but they need to add at least a couple more features to UM/HWN to add some variety to gameplay.

Don’t forget, Godzilla multiball rewards you with that horrendous “Go Go Godzilla” song. Makes the game unplayable. UM rewards your Jirahs multiball with full Japanese lyric theme song. Perfect integration and reward for getting through the upper playfield objectives in time.

#2271 1 year ago

Quick positive post: love this game and can’t wait to see the new polish coming. This is my daughter’s favorite game. We were going through our game list the other day and she said ”Ultraman, well that one is just special.” Couldn’t agree more. Now, if I could only find a way to watch Shin Ultraman!

2 weeks later
#2463 1 year ago

Got super jackpots on all multiballs for first time tonight and got to play Zetton without “cheating”. What a great time. Still loving Pigmon as best mode. Just perfect amount of weird and silly. Dada is a close second. Although my best moment of the night was accidentally starting zembular with Jirahs running. Nailed the drop and ramp with 2 seconds left and coincidentally was my third and final super jackpot to qualify Zetton (second time starting Jirahs in same game).

1 week later
#2550 1 year ago

Excited for Ultraman day! But a little nervous. I’m loving the game. I hope they don’t completely change the UI. I do like the idea of it being Fuji’s computer bank. I’m hoping for some better music and sound balance and smoother video transitions. Last night the butt pretzel was rocking with my fastest Jirahs time yet. Never left the upper playfield! I’m usually scrambling to get back up there for a last second ramp shot for the big finish. Love the fanfare afterwards. Perfect reward. As long as new code keeps that magic, I’m good to go.

#2617 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Yes. All original. UM #16

mine mine is fine. We preferred the original look. But, oh well, guess we were in the minority. Spacium store is nicer. Hope can have adjustment to bring back Jirahs timer or make Ultraman health go down faster. Felt like I had all day to complete Jirahs now. Used to feel like a challenge and really was a great payoff to complete in one go.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't see the timer coming back, but I do agree about the drain being too slow. It's not really slower, but with combination of pausing the ball in the subways and additional opportunities to regain health it feels less challenging. I already had that in my notes. It might become an adjustable game feature in the menu.

Thanks. It’s a little too nerfed at this version. But I understand the intent. Glad to see it will be addressed. Also, still need to pump the music volume on Pigmon song.

#2623 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Where on the new screen are you able to "see" Ultraman's health?

Top of the screen in the middle. Two health bars are yellow and turn red as they deplete. No different than previous appearance, just in top of the new UI.

#2686 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

What do you think of this?
With the removal of the Fight Jirahs timer, would Spooky consider adding:
Adjustable rate of Ultraman's Health Decline:
Easy (slow)
Moderate (medium)
Hard (fast)
Extra Hard/Hardcore - 3 minute health decline (exactly like Ultraman's Color Timer in the show) AND no adding health bars back using the light blue targets, 3 minutes is what you get.
I am a HUGE Ultraman nerd. This would be a fun way to go.
RussMyers
PS - I would also REALLY like a Mephilas Kaiju Mode - my favorite Ultraman villain

Hardcore mode should have all drops and standups REMOVE health. And only spinners do damage. That would be a challenge.

1 month later
#2867 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Any news come out of the Facebook live spooky did today? I don’t use Facebook so I wasn’t able to tune in.

Fawzma is dedicated to programming UM and HWN for the next 6-12 months. They have other programmers for their upcoming games. They want UM and HWN to be in constant development code-wise until fully satisfied.

This makes me very happy. You can tell this is Bug and Luke’s baby and they aren’t going to be done with it anytime soon.

#2875 1 year ago

Still having a blast with this game. Can’t wait to see how it continues to mature.

1 month later
#3029 1 year ago

10k is a lot of money to drop on a pin without gameplay videos featuring callouts and music.

I waited until I saw the first few streams, then bought a spot for less than retail. I’ve been a happy owner since. The updates have been great. Every game I own I’ve either played or watched streams first. There is a stupid idea in this hobby that you have to buy before you see or play a game. Spooky games almost always go through the communicate then love. However, the core Spooky customers are almost always happy because they bought a game they actually wanted from a great group of people. And Spooky is a small company, they need to lock in deposits because a large order that drops would crush them financially. They have always been up front another deposit. Don’t place an order unless you are sure you want the game. Period. Me, I’m super happy with my UM CE.

1 week later
#3050 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Ok, my Kaiju collection has grown a little. It’s time to have the true Kaiju battle. I still say Matt Frank did a better job on the cabinet art for sure. The only thing Ultraman is missing is some engaging music that gets the blood pumping.
I can’t pick a favorite because it’s like picking your favorite child. You know you have one but can’t say it out loud.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the UM music. Hitting the final Jirahs shot and getting the full UM theme song does it for me every time. Also the Pigmon music rocks! Just needs to be a little louder. In my opinion the Godzilla music sucks. The main theme is not saved for a moment, just plays constantly at the ball start. And “Go go Godzilla” has got to be one of the worst songs ever. Can’t stand it. One of the reasons I can’t stand playing Godzilla and will never own one unless Stern adds an option to play something else.

3 weeks later
#3164 1 year ago

Blew up Bemular and Pigmon last night and set a new GC for my game. That Bemular super jackpot is satisfying because hard to manage with the multiball going on. There need a to be a bit more super jackpot fanfare for this. I know some hate it, but the lifts to the slings creates such a great chaos during multiball. That plus the multiple playfields really makes simple shots more challenging. Trying to hit the the second upper playfield ramp during multiball is so tough, but feels so good. Also had a game where combo’d all Ragon shots including the jackpot. Felt so good. Probably will never do that again. Just felt like adding some positive hype. Can’t wait for more code and polish!

#3166 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I have less than 50 plays so far and am picking up on things a little more each time I play. When I finish the shots of a mode it seems that there is a final shot to finish the mode but the few times I’ve been in that situation with nothing else running I don’t remember an audio indicator or anything in the display saying so. When there is a pre-multiball mode going on as well that seems to dominate the display so I don’t ever really know the status of the normal mode if one is in progress.
When you do in fact finish a mode I don’t feel like there is much “you did it” fanfare. I don’t need the pat on the back, but it would be nice to have that information that I’m done and can go onto the next thing, whatever that may be. If there is that indicator in there already, it isn’t something I have picked up on yet, so might need to be a little more amped up.
Been really enjoying the game so far. Starting to find the shots on the first attempt way more than when I first got the game. Working through the harder modes is enjoyable as long as the Jirahs pre-multiball going as well as that dominates the display.

If you complete a mode, a purple light will flash on a random shot. Usually one of the left side shots or capsule shot. Also the ultraman timer sound will play(high pitch beeping) let you know time is running out. If you hit it you get a bonus.

1 week later
#3256 1 year ago

(Arashi, the "Gun Guy")

3588AF3B-1BEE-4371-9EC9-97D65EF41A77 (resized).jpeg3588AF3B-1BEE-4371-9EC9-97D65EF41A77 (resized).jpeg
#3263 1 year ago

I had to replace a Baltan servo this morning. Quick and important tip!!! You DO NOT have to remove any plastics or wireform. There is a ton of slack on the servo wires if you snip the zip ties under the playfield. This allows you to pull all the servo cord and connectors up through the hole in the plastic under the left rail. Just pop off a building, unscrew the Baltan from the servo, swap the servo and you are done. Zip tie the slack the way it was before you began. If you know this trick, should take only 5 minutes.

E65C0249-56B6-474D-AE6E-F894B505D7E4 (resized).jpegE65C0249-56B6-474D-AE6E-F894B505D7E4 (resized).jpegFC4DC477-9F12-4EF6-B2A5-D82C4C4F448B (resized).jpegFC4DC477-9F12-4EF6-B2A5-D82C4C4F448B (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3314 1 year ago

Hoping for Christmas code!

#3327 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Wonder if the Ultraman update will be released December 8th too

I hope so, but I think UM will be later. But hopefully before Christmas

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I would love to see Mefilas at some point. My FAVORITE Ultraman Kaiju.
RussM
[quoted image]

How about giant Fuji!

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

The circumstances by which some one sells a game may necessitate a lower price for a quicker sale, either way its no ones business other than the seller and the buyer. The game itself killed its own market. I played the game (the sellers game) and would not even consider it for any price, it was horrible to me.

And that’s why you are NOT in the club. In my opinion this game is great and new code polish will only make it better.

#3380 1 year ago

Looks like only Halloween code this month.

A4DD4265-1F2D-4564-A5D1-C985E298AE21 (resized).jpegA4DD4265-1F2D-4564-A5D1-C985E298AE21 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3426 1 year ago

I waxed my butt pretzel last night.

1 week later
#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You don’t. Listen/look to the sound cues & light show. Any time the ball is about to come from the lifters, there’s a bassy BRRRRRRRMMMM sound & the lights by the sling flash. If you’re not noticing this, adjust the bass on your game.
Now - heads up, the bass can tend to sound really farty…so, I recommend getting anti rattle tape on the glass & installing a subwoofer spacer. That helps a ton and lets you get that bass without the fart rattles.

I find that after a few games you get into a rhythm with the lifters and just kind of know when the ball is coming. Once you get used to them you can time your shots with the lifts, kind of like holding a ball for a few seconds.

1 month later
#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Hey everyone, here's the change log for v1.10, thanks for your patience one this one and we hope you enjoy all the new stuff - lots more to come.
Please, if you find any bugs or issues, please email me at [email protected], I don't always see everything posted on here or everywhere else, and always happy to find out about things so we can make sure they get fixed.
What's new since v1.08a
all the core stuff from Halloween's v1.09 update! Including:
- we now default to the best skillshot still changeable with the flippers
- fixed typos
- awarding a credit now for new high score or grand champion
- standard settings now has option to turn shaker off
- standard settings now has option to turn topper off
- hold the start button to restart the game
Science Patrol Multiball
- Science Patrol Multiball is now a featured 2-ball multiball. Orange shots award jackpots. Science Patrol target awards super jackpot and increases jackpot values.
- Science Patrol Multiball is stackable with other modes and multiballs.
- 2x scoring when Science Patrol Multiball is running.
- qualifying shots for Science Patrol Multiball collect Science Patrol members and will spawn hurry-up orange shots at the arrows to qualify upcoming expert mode. Collecting members will help you in with modes in a future updates.
- Gomora (EASY mode) tweaked shots are now ramp standups + ramps, followed by hurry-up
- lots of new footage and sounds
- bonus screen had an extra line that did nothing so we took it out for now
- ball search includes the right lifter now
- tilt warning would sometimes say "last warning" when you still had warnings left
- your USBs will now be freed up from "empty" log files being copied every time you put them in. Now they'll only appear if something actually went wrong. So if you see one, please email it to [email protected], thanks!
- crash screen (hopefully you never see this!) has much more useful information, if you can take a photo and send it to [email protected] that would be amazing. Lots of extra code robustness added, and better error handling throughout the game
- cleaned out the menu option "servo settings" that didn't do anything
- [new menu options]
- lots more behind the scenes improvements and optimizations
- replay text can be turned off with menu option
- when in pay-to-play mode, credits wont be used past four players (pesky kids won't be such an issue any more)
Improvements AFTER this update is installed:
- Mac users can update as easily as everyone else going forward (see new details on the update page https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/hwn-um-update-process/ for how Mac users can install updates in the meantime)
- Machine settings will be saved across updates in future (unless they've been moved or changed in some way)

Link not working

#3759 1 year ago

Updated code and still says 1.08a. Will try again.

#3806 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Same thing today. Had to reset the game to play it. Game is frozen and no buttons work until powering back on.
Also, when playing a two player game I locked the ball behind the drop target for a Super SKill SHot. It did not eject a ball, and just did a ball search until it released the ball behind the target and killed the players turn.
Also when entering Science Patrol(correct name?) The ball released and immediately drained and there was no ball save although the ball save light was lit. This happened several times. I'm not sure if this is correct or there should be ball save or not. Anyone confirm?

There is no ball save when it empties as “extra ball”. I wish there was because it occasionally drain instantly on me and that sucks.

#3811 1 year ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

So. Maybe silly question. I updated my Ultraman to the latest code and the 1st baltan is behaving differently. It doesn't appear to move on it's own, but when I put it in servo test and touch it, it moves to whatever position the servo test is set to. Is that a failure mode for these? Is there something weird with my wiring?
Thanks.

That servo May be dying. That is how mine behaved until it finally stopped altogether.

2 months later
#3998 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can’t please everyone. What drives Applejuice nuts has never even remotely bothered me. If I’m in Jirahs mode, I know it’s top playfield time. If it goes to the middle, I’m shooting it out the side exit or letting it drain to the lifter. My goal is to get my ass back up top, loop the butt-pretzel till purple lites, then jam that bridge shot for ultimate satisfaction.

I’m with this guy. Use the middle playfield to add some health to keep it going and then back to the top. Sometimes I just can’t hit the upper cross ramp. But when I do, it is pure pinball satisfaction leading to a truly special pinball moment. Especially if you are a fan of the show. Adding the timer to Bemular was a great addition.

3 weeks later
#4064 10 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Here's a great deal on the UM dvd collection.
[quoted image]

Thanks! Order placed.

1 week later
#4158 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sorry guys, this should have had more testing before release.

Can’t help but think we are getting what we deserve with the weekly rants about code updates. Patience pays off. Oh well, it will be polished soon.

1 week later
#4218 10 months ago

Quick mod question. My daughter hand painted an ultraman figure that I printed. I mounted it on the plexi ball deflector over the drops. Looks great, but won’t hold with hot glue because of the ball hits. My next choice would be superglue or other epoxy. Has anyone had success with this. Don’t want to try and fail with the epoxy because if fails may destroy the plexi or figure. Any other locations to place figure that may be better?

1 week later
#4261 9 months ago

Skill shot should not count without full plunge. Please don’t change this. Otherwise you could just short plunge to ease controlled catch. No skill involved. Keep it legit full plunge skill shot.

3 months later
#4498 6 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:just use the ignore button

Thanks for the reminder. I’m with Panzer. You need to slow down the vitriol. You are not in the majority in this thread. I love this game and the best part is my kids love it too. Code keeps getting better. Haven’t had a single QC issue on my game. Replaced 2 servos over the lifetime so far, but that’s no big deal. Dialed in the butt pretzel. A bit of a pain to get it just right, but it’s worth it. Neronga is a big step forward. Pigmon is the best and makes me smile every time. Dada is clever and unique. And hitting the crossover shot is so satisfying that I refuse to order the amazing mod because we love watching it. Anyhow, thanks for reminding me to ignore you. Hope your frown turns upside down.

#4506 6 months ago

Have the day off. So started it with GIANT FUJI!!!! Yes!

2 weeks later
#4585 5 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Also it would be great if someone could make these directions into a highlighted key post

Already there, my friend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/66#post-7235961

2 months later
#4726 3 months ago

Any instructions or tips for mounting a new plastic over the drops. Mine broke and Spioky sent me a replacement. Looks like I’ll need to remove the first upper playfield to access screws.

#4731 3 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

What's the purpose of it? It's certainly not to stop my air balls because they never hit it! Ha

It takes a lot of hits you don’t realize. I mounted a figure on it and that thing shook like crazy.

2 weeks later
#4800 77 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If you haven't already be sure to check out Bug's Scream N' Stream for a demonstration of how to play the mode

Is there a link to this?

#4812 75 days ago

Had a blast with Ultra Seven last night. After watching a bit of the stream I figured out what the general rules were. The first time I tried it was boring because I didn’t know the white shot “locked in” and started the other shots. I made the bad assumption that “red” shots were bad and blue good. And the game kept telling me to hit the science patrol shot. Now I get it and it’s great. Best callout of the game: “frickin’ dinosaur tank!”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 210.00
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.