(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 101.
#2901 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Here it is on mine. Hope this helps!
[quoted image]

thank you!! didnt spot that as i have bad vision.

#2902 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Did you check the wires to the motor on the topper? Mine was pulled too tight and snapped off in transit. Had to solder back on and everything worked.

Yes i disassembled the topper motor completely. I don't see anything wrong with it but when I use 5v directly at the wires it doesn't turn on,
whereas if I do the same thing with the rick & morty topper, it runs correctly with a 5v battery.

I think I need to change the motor, do you know the reference?

#2903 1 year ago

Been playing on the Update for a few days now...loving just about everything about it.

But, I kinda wish those Health Bonuses (PF Targets) in the updated Jirahs Mode were only good for 1 Hit/per. Too easy to keep that Mode going with the PF Targets giving back Health Bonus.

#2904 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Been playing on the Update for a few days now...loving just about everything about it.
But, I kinda wish those Health Bonuses (PF Targets) in the updated Jirahs Mode were only good for 1 Hit/per. Too easy to keep that Mode going with the PF Targets giving back Health Bonus.

Have you turned the difficulty up to hard? I prefer the health drain at that level, but it's pretty challenging. I don't think you'll be playing forever.

#2905 1 year ago

Did not know that was an option. Will get on it, though. Absolutely LOVE this machine.

#2906 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

The lock down bar clamps are a pain in the ass.
When lowering the pf they hit the clamps every time.

that problem isn't exclusive to spooky machines. some of the newer sterns that I've had the pleasure of working on also seem to suffer from the placement of hardware/playfield brackets getting directly of the way of the luggage-type lockdown clamps.

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I still keep getting scoop rejects on the beta capsule scoop. Is it the scoop being a simple 45 degree chunk of metal instead of the typical W/B rounded scoop. I saw a mod up earlier in the thread, but haven't heard whether it's any good.
Any modders out there?

I think this has been posted before and I KNOW I stole this part number and idea from that post ... so THANK YOU!
My scoop rejects were horrible - head on rejects were 75% +

With the addition of the new scoop deflector, now more like 25% (or less even)
Marco part #535-8250-04

You'll need to grind it using a bench grinder (or a bit more Dremel work) and drill ONE hole in the center
The grind is needed because the new deflector is just a bit too wide
When grinding each side to fit it between the existing posts, grind just enough so that when the hex bases of each post are turned the "edge" of each hex post is square to the freshly ground edge of the new scoop. At that time it's almost a force fit and you will get zero left/right movement

Not sure the center hole is a must as it's nothing more than a wood screw post but it was there on the original scoop deflector, so I drilled a center hole in the new scoop deflector and added it back

Use some blue tape on your finger to hold the nyloc nuts when placing the new scoop deflector
I was able to remove and replace without taking anything more than the Beta Capsule.
I used a box end wrench with a built in 30 degree bend to get at the nuts under the PF - tricky angles but got it done without removing stuff from underside

Note the image with the yellow area circled. Make sure that you have ground enough and it's not so tight that it does not crank down flush.
The yellow circled area is where you can see it's not quite flush. I hand filed down another 1/2mm or so and the next image shows how it then tightened down nicely

This has been a HUGE positive change to gameplay
Screenshot 2022-08-30 160952 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-08-30 160952 (resized).pngIMG_6651 (resized).jpgIMG_6651 (resized).jpgIMG_6652 (resized).jpgIMG_6652 (resized).jpgIMG_6653 (resized).jpgIMG_6653 (resized).jpgIMG_6656 (resized).jpgIMG_6656 (resized).jpgIMG_6654 (resized).jpgIMG_6654 (resized).jpgIMG_6655 (resized).jpgIMG_6655 (resized).jpg

#2909 1 year ago

Don't you have to list a game to sell one? I don't see any ads for Halloween / Ultraman from you past or present. List it on Pinside and recoup some (if not all) of your deposit.

#2910 1 year ago

Johnny rozin up your bow....

#2911 1 year ago

I don't know what type of response you expect from that here? Even if I was in the market for UM I would buy from someone else. Alot of people were/are dissatisfied with how the preorder process worked out. That's not what this thread is for. This is for owners sharing and helping eachother with the game. It doesn't all need to be positive, but your post adds nothing to the conversation but vitrol. It's unnecessary.

#2912 1 year ago

I like my game, zero regrets and I love that there will be more code updates over the next year. I have it sitting right next to Godzilla, which I also like. They play different and that is ok. Spooky would have been better off waiting until the code was better on release, I am sure they wanted to get ahead of Godzilla and that hurt them, not help them. I am myself am not concerned about resale prices, however I do think in the end the value will materialize, when the code matures and there are 10,000 Godzilla's and just 500 UM.

The layout is fine and varied enough to take advantage of code changes. Increase the UM callouts, more video from the show, add some modes or in-game challenges - looking forward to the next software release, was happy with the last one.

#2913 1 year ago

Has anyone else had this issue, and if yes, any solution to protect it in the future?

This is on my Ultraman, but same for Halloween.

Twice now, I have had a ball hit the exposed RGB LED strip right at the left edge of the middle playfield.

One or more LEDs go dead, and the downstream part of the strip stays a single color.

Same LED strip damaged again, exact same place.

The ball smashes into this corner and it's broken again.

I cannot have this keep happening, so has anyone else come up with a ball shield for that area?

RussMyers

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpgIMG_0458 (resized).jpgIMG_0458 (resized).jpgIMG_0459 (resized).jpgIMG_0459 (resized).jpg
#2914 1 year ago

I had an issue on my personal game with airballs. Adjusting the flipper rubbers pretty much eliminated my airballs. That said, if you keep getting them a shield of some kind would help reduce the damage the airballs are causing.

#2915 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I had an issue on my personal game with airballs. Adjusting the flipper rubbers pretty much eliminated my airballs. That said, if you keep getting them a shield of some kind would help reduce the damage the airballs are causing.

Adjusting the rubbers how; making sure they were seated all the way down onto the flange?

I am brainstorming on making a hard clear plastic shield, just for that corner area primarily.

RM

#2916 1 year ago

This was posted by somebody as an option for a cover. It’s a lot more than a single game needs, but it’s also not crazy expensive either.

Muzata 33FT/10M Continuous Milky White LED Cover Lens Frosted Tape Light Seamless Plastic for U1SW U Shape Aluminum Led Channel LC03 WW (ONLY Cover No Aluminum LED Channel Included) https://a.co/d/cQrjz69

#2917 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Spooky should be working on providing that part sooner rather than later.

#2918 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Don't you have to list a game to sell one? I don't see any ads for Halloween / Ultraman from you past or present. List it on Pinside and recoup some (if not all) of your deposit.

Man, what a clueless take this is. I love my Ultraman, but ain't nobody recouping their deposits on these. I let my BSE preorder go to the birds because I got no offers at all after months of it being listed. I tried to GIVE it away, for free, had a few bites, but the distro either never emailed me back on the process to do it, says they never got the emails. Both of them are in my sent box in Gmail. *shrug*

In the end, I ended up with a CE for the original price, all things considered, so that's just fine by me.

Love how the ones complaining about negativity are also the ones adding to it by responding to negative posts, downvoting, and shitting on people. Just more typical Pinside bullshit.....never changes.

#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man, what a clueless take this is. I love my Ultraman, but ain't nobody recouping their deposits on these. I let my BSE preorder go to the birds because I got no offers at all after months of it being listed. I tried to GIVE it away, for free, had a few bites, but the distro either never emailed me back on the process to do it, says they never got the emails. Both of them are in my sent box in Gmail. *shrug*
In the end, I ended up with a CE for the original price, all things considered, so that's just fine by me.
Love how the ones complaining about negativity are also the ones adding to it by responding to negative posts, downvoting, and shitting on people. Just more typical Pinside bullshit.....never changes.

My comment was not directed to you at all. My point was you can't cry about not being able to sell a game when you haven't tried on Pinside. If the poster was going to make a stink he should have put in the effort to try to sell the game here. You tried, he didn't . As for the down votes. I didn't down vote him. I understand his frustration but he has to put in the work before throwing in the towel.

Remember: "there is no crying in pinball"

#2920 1 year ago

But there is lots of cursing….

…or maybe I am doing it wrong.

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

But there is lots of cursing….
…or maybe I am doing it wrong.

No - that's very manly of you. Perfectly fine.

#2922 1 year ago

My comment was not directed to you at all. My point was you can't cry about not being able to sell a game when you haven't tried on Pinside. If the poster was going to make a stink he should have put in the effort to try to sell the game here. You tried, he didn't . As for the down votes. I didn't down vote him. I understand his frustration but he has to put in the work before throwing in the towel.

Are you serious? ...it doesn't have to be about me. I'm offering comparative experience of actually trying to get rid of a UM preorder. You can barely even sell them, much less "recoup your money" as was posited. There's no buyers for anything other than a massive loss.

#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Are you serious? ...it doesn't have to be about me. I'm offering comparative experience of actually trying to get rid of a UM preorder. You can barely even sell them, much less "recoup your money" as was posited. There's no buyers for anything other than a massive loss.

You sure like giving out down votes if you don’t agree. I said recoup some or all of your money but you only keyed in on the part you wanted to. The point is you’re foolish not to try and the original poster didn't. Timing, martket and the economy are all huge factors. It wasn’t that long ago the majority sold for full price. Prices should recover when things in the world and Spooky stabilize.

#2924 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

By the way, Do you still have Ultraman spot and is it still valid? If so, who is it with?

#2925 1 year ago

Three day weekend with my pinhead. She loves Ultraman almost as much as Deadpool. Almost.
She didn’t waist any time jumping on this morning.

F4B5F7CC-17C1-40B7-B78F-D367291887B5 (resized).jpegF4B5F7CC-17C1-40B7-B78F-D367291887B5 (resized).jpeg
#2926 1 year ago

Any Bloodsucker Edition people get requests for payment? Heard there are HW and UM Bloodsuckers being built now!

#2927 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Any Bloodsucker Edition people get requests for payment? Heard there are HW and UM Bloodsuckers being built now!

Should be. I paid my final invoice for a standard just over two weeks ago. So they should be popping up soon.

#2928 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

BSE 406. Paid almost 2 weeks ago so I’d guess mine is in the works pretty soon if not already.

#2929 1 year ago

BSE 405 was Invoiced about 10-12 days ago.

#2930 1 year ago

By the way, Do you still have Ultraman spot and is it still valid? If so, who is it with?

Nope. Production came up on it, I didn't have the money. They got my 1500 and will get to sell the game at whatever price they can get for it. I offered to get them a buyer and they said not to worry about it. *shrug*

It wasn’t that long ago the majority sold for full price.

The majority of what? Every pin not named Ultraman, Halloween, or Thunderbirds? I bought a CE slot for UM back in what...february or march for 500 bucks, so these haven't been selling for full price since like Aug/Sept of last year when the first in detail videos went out and all the hand-wringing started.

#2931 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

I bought a CE slot for UM back in what...february or march for 500 bucks

So.

You 'lost' a total of Zero Dollars.

#2932 1 year ago

I paid for BSE 420 at the beginning of August. Checked in with PinballStar last week and he said it should be on the line soon. I'm not impatient but hoping to get it in the next couple weeks. Seems like I'll have to wait a bit yet.

#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

So.
You 'lost' a total of Zero Dollars.

Which is EXACTLY WHAT I SAID. DUH.

Quoted from Frax:

If you're just some schmoe trying to get out of the preorder, not "Trade up" like I did, you have no hope of getting your full value out of it. That's all I've said here, but that seems to be really difficult to parse.....

#2934 1 year ago

Played about 10 games last night - plenty of depth here to unpack. Having a difficult time keeping the ball in play on the upper fields during a multi-ball. This is going to take some work to master that. That is good, I will be holding onto UM for a long time...

#2935 1 year ago

Seeing as I'm hardly ever on pinside, I use other mediums. There are tons of pinball forums and kijiji. I can literally see how many people have clicked on my listing. It's over 1,000. Only people writing me about the game are existing owner Venting to me about how disappointed they are and wishing me luck.
If you think ANYONE is getting even half of their deposit back on this one, you are delusional. A guy near me had to sell his for less than 9k cdn. That's over a 5k (cdn) loss on a new game. That is terrible. All my Stern games sold for more than I paid by a couple hundred.

#2936 1 year ago

" HAD TO SELL " ???
no one has to sell ANYTHING !

Because angry Pinside Flippers convinced him??
People were Sh#$ing all over Rick and Morty during its production run... look at the prices now.

God I can't wait when pinside realizes in a year or two that there are only 500 total Ultramans, an amazing retro licence, that Stern would never consider making, as it's too cool for middle of the road Stern to even contemplate.

Pathetic.

#2937 1 year ago

I played 3 times since i got Ultraman and i made a high score yesterday: 91M
Everything was lit up except for 2 inserts, ZELTON and ULTRA BROTHERS what's next?
I didn't understand how to unlock other monsters, Is this necessary to finish the game?

DADA is very cool and fun !! my favorite challenge
IMG_5361 (resized).JPGIMG_5361 (resized).JPG

#2938 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

I played 3 times since i got Ultraman and i made a high score yesterday: 91M
Everything was lit up except for 2 inserts, ZELTON and ULTRA BROTHERS what's next?
I didn't understand how to unlock other monsters, Is this necessary to finish the game?
DADA is very cool and fun !! my favorite challenge
[quoted image]

Nice score. I haven’t broke 40mm yet in 300 games!

#2939 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

I think this has been posted before and I KNOW I stole this part number and idea from that post ... so THANK YOU!
My scoop rejects were horrible - head on rejects were 75% +
With the addition of the new scoop deflector, now more like 25% (or less even)
Marco part #535-8250-04
You'll need to grind it using a bench grinder (or a bit more Dremel work) and drill ONE hole in the center
The grind is needed because the new deflector is just a bit too wide
When grinding each side to fit it between the existing posts, grind just enough so that when the hex bases of each post are turned the "edge" of each hex post is square to the freshly ground edge of the new scoop. At that time it's almost a force fit and you will get zero left/right movement
Not sure the center hole is a must as it's nothing more than a wood screw post but it was there on the original scoop deflector, so I drilled a center hole in the new scoop deflector and added it back
Use some blue tape on your finger to hold the nyloc nuts when placing the new scoop deflector
I was able to remove and replace without taking anything more than the Beta Capsule.
I used a box end wrench with a built in 30 degree bend to get at the nuts under the PF - tricky angles but got it done without removing stuff from underside
Note the image with the yellow area circled. Make sure that you have ground enough and it's not so tight that it does not crank down flush.
The yellow circled area is where you can see it's not quite flush. I hand filed down another 1/2mm or so and the next image shows how it then tightened down nicely
This has been a HUGE positive change to gameplay
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Surprising that this got through Spooky testing??? The rejects are horrible on the 2 location machines I play and Im dreading having to put new holes into the playfield.

Nor do I have a bench grinder.

How do such fundamental issues just get a pass into production?

#2940 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Surprising that this got through Spooky testing??? The rejects are horrible on the 2 location machines I play and Im dreading having to put new holes into the playfield.

Yeah, my rejects were 100% before I fixed it. When I looked at the sticker stating "so-in-so" inspected the machine, I was thinking riiiiiight.... There clearly was zero inspection.

#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No need for new holes in playfield. This scoop fits using the existing left and right holes. The scoop itself needs another center hole drilled and minor grinding on left and right edges

#2942 1 year ago

Okay..............for anybody who wants to bling out their machine with a new topper here's a 24" hand painted Ultraman for only $1324.99 !!!!!!!

See link below.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/variationdetails/196679?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=101864&msclkid=b87057bc512b1a1c13a234a251c0bf67&utm_campaign=CPCS%20-%20Smart%20Shopping&utm_content=Ad%20group

I think I'm gonna pass on the thing and use that $$ as a deposit on Spooky's next new game provided it is NOT Scooby Doo.

Ultraman $ (resized).jpgUltraman $ (resized).jpg
#2943 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Nice score. I haven’t broke 40mm yet in 300 games!

And just like that I finally cracked 50mm. Beat 4 or 5 Kaiju - long and fun game

F54C5C0A-2B42-4076-8D87-2A44D57BA34E (resized).jpegF54C5C0A-2B42-4076-8D87-2A44D57BA34E (resized).jpeg
#2944 1 year ago

Any game deliveries lately? Some TNA 2.0 people are thinking they're getting their games in a few weeks...I'm thinking not if they're still building HWN and UM. It seems to be quiet lately.

#2945 1 year ago

Paid in full a few weeks ago, still waiting.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Any game deliveries lately? Some TNA 2.0 people are thinking they're getting their games in a few weeks...I'm thinking not if they're still building HWN and UM. It seems to be quiet lately.

#2946 1 year ago

Selling my CE#93 spot. Can't afford it or fit it anymorr after the move. Message me if interested.

#2947 1 year ago

Anyone get a butter cab delivered lately?

#2948 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Got email yesterday mine is finished an should be getting loaded on the truck today

#2949 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Got email yesterday mine is finished an should be getting loaded on the truck today

TnA?

#2950 1 year ago

No sorry, UM 404 non-butter

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.