(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,000 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrg50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes - I was talking about the horizontal ones as well. They look really light to me. The trick to using the pad would be to stay away from the ramp flap and make smooth vertical strokes - no circular or horizontal motion as you want to match the original grain.

Or you could just install it. Unless you are never going to play the game and treat the pinball as a work of art

1 month later
#1180 2 years ago

Spooky’s web site has a link to a support page for their older games, but I can’t find the support page for Halloween and Ultraman. Does anybody know what the link is?

#1182 2 years ago

Thank you. I needed a “new” in front of spooky.com to see info. for the latest games.

1 month later
#1487 2 years ago

J Wilson wrote: “ I’m still not sure what I’m supposed to do when the kaiju health meter gets to zero. There’s nothing telling me what to do next. In “normal” health meters the boss dies when it’s zero”.

To Spooky
Ultraman should never die!!! Why not show Ultraman flying away to the right and add call-out stating”Ultraman needs to restore his strength.” Then you need to re-earn the mode.

2 months later
#2062 1 year ago

I just paid for #302. PinballStar was the distributor.

2 weeks later
#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Just got my FedEx tracking info. The journey from Benton begins.

What number are you?

#2336 1 year ago

#302 scheduled for delivery Monday. Woo hoo

#2378 1 year ago

Just set-up my Ultraman yesterday. The ball will sometimes jump out of the end of wire-form and drain when I make a left ramp shot. This seems to happen about once every 10 games. Is there anyway to fix this?

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Assuming your game is level side-side, take off the lock nut and washer holding the end of the wireform to the post and bend it up a bit, maybe spread the upper and lower sections apart a bit. May have to fiddle with it.
RM

There was a bend in the ramp. The last section was bent downward and a fast ball was partially airborne before it got to the end of the ramp. It would then hit the loop at the end of the ramp bounce off the glass and down the drain. Removing the bend seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 week later
#2503 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Just spent a few days playing with focus on the upper playfield - was trying to dial in the upper flipper setting
First image with yellow “x” shows preferred setting on my game
Flipping and holding in the flipper button will automatically put the ball through the posts on the upper left to assist the figure 8 (butt pretzel)
Other images show where the ball hits when the flipper tip is set in a lower or higher position
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the guidance. Could you take a “perfect alignment” photo with the flipper active? Mine is adjusted as per your picture but the ball still hits higher than optimal. Maybe the range of my active flipper extends farther than yours?

#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yup. Here you go
Not an easy shot to take
Need to pull the glass, shoot ball up center ramp enough to energize upper flippers, then grab ball and hit flipper button![quoted image]

Thanks. That doesn’t explains my issue. my flipper is almost the same when activated. I might try a different rubber band.

#2578 1 year ago

Code…

#2594 1 year ago

no code yet

#2632 1 year ago

My old 65 year old eyes have no problems reading the displays. I like the changes to the UI. I still don’t understand what the triangle and square like things on the grid display are for.

#2641 1 year ago

I really like the menu option to turn off the Baltan wave. A great option for those of us who don’t have the creep issue.

#2643 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Newer owner here. Can you explain the issue and what this setting mitigates or changes?

Some people had an issue with the Baltans by the buildings slowly slowly coming out from behind the buildings over time. Code was added which made the baltans peek out of the building in a wave every time the ball went down the wire form behind them. This reset any creep so that it was not noticeable. Turning off this in the menu causes Baltan to only come out from behind buildings when he is needed. I like this better.

#2687 1 year ago

It seems like the modes get easier and easier with each release.

1 week later
#2758 1 year ago

After 4 weeks of use, the mystery scoop deflector on my Ultraman was bent backwards resulting in difficulty making shots to the scoop. I bent the deflector back to a 45 degree angle and the now the shot is much more reliable. I’ve seen a few posts about replacing the scoop to fix this issue. My question is, which replacement deflector is the most rugged and least likely to bend in the future. Bending the scoop back to 45 degrees every few weeks is not my preferred solution.

F802F576-1D80-4D44-A76E-7919BCAB0E51 (resized).jpegF802F576-1D80-4D44-A76E-7919BCAB0E51 (resized).jpeg
#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Not sure if anyone has posted a DIY IPS upgrade:
Parts ordered:
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
3D printed brackets another Pinsider (sorry, couldn’t find the user name) posted on Thingverse (honestly, you could likely find a suitable bracket at any hardware store): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5140450/files
Total cost ~$130
Total time ~20min
Parts:
[quoted image]
Connect cable, then stick the PCBs to the back of the monitor using self-stick PCB standoffs:
[quoted image]
To install, remove the lock, loosen the speakers (don’t need to remove, just run the nuts all the way to the end of the bolts), unplug the power and HDMI cable, remove monitor bolts, slide out existing monitor leaving the plexiglass behind. Slide in the new monitor and attach power and HDMI, then add brackets and reinstall monitor bolts, tighten speaker bolts, reinstall lock.
Before/after:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The after image looks brighter but the “free play” text looks harder to read.

1 month later
#3003 1 year ago

This may seem like a dumb question but what do the different colors mean for the insert lights down the center of the playfield?

3 months later
#3475 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

Sometimes when I am In the middle of a game, the ball enters the scoop it does not lift the ball to the playfield When it goes into ball search it does not lift either so I have to end the game. When I go into the service menu and into stuck switch which it shows right lift active. This leads me to believe it’s not the opto and I replaced the servo with the extra one that came with the game. Anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

Did you press the start button before the calibration is complete. If I get impatient and do that, the ball lift is in an incorrect state. spooky really should update the code to disable the start button until after calibration is complete.

1 month later
#3665 1 year ago

6 months since the last Ultraman code update, hope a new update comes soon.

4 months later
#4246 9 months ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

For the next update , will it be possible to low the difficulty (setting menu) to go into pigmon multiball mode (actually 3 monsters , can we go to one or 2). My kids love this monster and they Never go into this mode because its really difficult for them.

Changing it to 5 ball when the kids play will allow them to get to Pigmon more often. It’s easy to change back when you want to play ( or just drain the last 2 balls).

3 months later
#4503 6 months ago

Watched the Spooky twitch stream. New code will be released Sunday.

1 month later
#4625 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm working on it right now. Trying to cram in as many new kaiju into this wizard mode as possible.

Keep adding Kaiju. I’d be happy to wait longer for more Kaiju.

1 month later
#4745 80 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I know the non expert modes light Pigmon's face, Pigmon multiball lights Pigmon, Science Patrol multiball lights the silhouette, but what lights the foot icon? I thought it was Neronga but I just played that mode before taking this picture
[quoted image]

I too would like to know that, and also what most of the other lights mean. When I have people over to play pinball and they ask about the meaning of some of playfield lights, most of the times I can’t answer.

1 week later
#4796 72 days ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

V 1.15 just installed and I love it! Somehow, someway I got Pigman multi ball, but I don’t know what I did. It was very cool though. Love the music. Is there a more comprehensive instruction guide with updated rules than just the apron card? I certainly didn’t beat all the beta capsule modes to qualify it

Fight 3 for Pigmon. Don’t have to beat them, just fight them.

#4809 71 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Is anyone else seeing the following with the UM 1.15 code:
1. Sometimes (usually on ball drain but not always) I am seeing the screen shaking rapidly like it is having a fit.
2. Had all 3 drops down, kaiju mode qualified, shot the ball into the Beta Capsule scoop, went to the Kaiju Select screen, but the ball suddenly kicked out the right lifter and the flippers stayed dead, had not selected a Kaiju.
Ball then drained on me because dead flippers.
Have had this happen more than once but it is intermittent.
This may happen only after a MB was completed.
RussMyers

Issue 2: I sent the following issue to Spooky a while ago and don’t know if it has been fixed(l am not near my machine and can’t check). . Could this have happened you?

“While flipper training is active, depress and hold the flipper button on that side. After training is complete, the flipper goes down even though the flipper button is still depressed, the ball is ejected and rolls down the flipper to the out hole”.

1 month later
#4934 23 days ago
Quoted from Chrisinfla:

So thanks to help from Matt, I got this figured out. Basically, certain Mac's do not fully clear out the extra hidden files using the terminal dot.clean command. By doing command+shift+. you can see the hidden files. I broke down and bought an App - USBclean ($4.99) for macs and was able to delete the files on the USB and upgrade to 1.15a!

I posted this to the Halloween forum a while ago. You can clean the hidden files using the commands below on a Mac without buying additional software.

To check to see if there are hidden files:
From your terminal, type the following “cd /Volumes/“ followed by the name of your SD (no space between the name and the /)
Type “ls”. You should see only your Ultraman .pkg file letting you know you are in the right area before proceeding
Type “ls ._*” This will list any hidden files
If there is a hidden file, type “rm “ followed by the full name of the hidden file including the “._” at the front of the file. (Yes Space between the name and the rm command)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrg50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=mrg50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.