(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 101.
#4551 6 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We appreciate the kind words, and "kind" reviews, LOL. I really do think these games will ultimately find their way to owners who love them. It may not be a huge surprise given the insert name, but I can't wait for you all to see the Wizard Mode. Lots of new kaiju and maybe a new Ultra???

Dang, I offered mine up for sale cuz I need to make room for Elvira Blood Red Kiss…but maybe I should stay in the club & sell something else in the meantime.

#4552 6 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We appreciate the kind words, and "kind" reviews, LOL. I really do think these games will ultimately find their way to owners who love them. It may not be a huge surprise given the insert name, but I can't wait for you all to see the Wizard Mode. Lots of new kaiju and maybe a new Ultra???

Exciting news Luke!

#4553 6 months ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

A lot of the negativity is from people who are avid Stern loyalist. They tend bash on everything not Stern. Spooky makes great stuff. Love my Ultraman.

Early impressions didn't help, same for Halloween where i've met many who only tried the game right when it came out and the code was really limited, or they heard negative things based on the early code.

The game has come a very long way and still getting better with more support. But folks are quick to write off games nowadays, with so many new pins hitting the market now from every direction.

Ultraman is very niche, never was big in the west, so it's obvious why it hasn't retained secondary market value as much as Halloween has. Similar games, but the IP just gives the other more clout. Sadly folks also like to just look at market values as a judge of how good a game is without even have played it.

#4554 6 months ago

Took 178 games over 1.5 weeks...but finally broke the default top score of 20 million. It's such a sad score, I know, I really suck at pinball but hey, I'm having fun, love this game! Slowly learning the rules and finally started to learn to tilt after having pins for almost a year now. Slow learner....but again ..having fun.

PXL_20231025_023403754 (resized).jpgPXL_20231025_023403754 (resized).jpg
#4555 6 months ago

So what’s a bargain price for an Ultraman? I’ve only played it a few times and not enough to even understand what I should be doing. The elevated playfield seem cool and I remember watching Ultraman on tv when I was a little kid.

#4556 6 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

So what’s a bargain price for an Ultraman? I’ve only played it a few times and not enough to even understand what I should be doing. The elevated playfield seem cool and I remember watching Ultraman on tv when I was a little kid.

Nitro has the CE NIB for $6,000! That's $3k off everywhere else! With shipping it came out to the price of most used ones ($6200-6300). Great American Pinball (10mins from me) is asking $6k for a used one. So couldn't resist my first NIB. I don't think $6k for a used one is bad either though (taking this rare sale out of the equation). https://nitropinball.com/products/ultraman-collector-edition-preorder

#4557 6 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

There's a Butter Cab CE in the Marketplace for $5500 (OBO). That's a steal, imo.

#4558 6 months ago

I believe in this game. I think getting it for 6k is a really good deal.

#4559 6 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Took 178 games over 1.5 weeks...but finally broke the default top score of 20 million. It's such a sad score, I know, I really suck at pinball but hey, I'm having fun, love this game! Slowly learning the rules and finally started to learn to tilt after having pins for almost a year now. Slow learner....but again ..having fun. [quoted image]

Lol. I think my high score is 12 m. It's a challenging game.

#4560 6 months ago

My scores have gone down as code has advanced; I'm not sure if actual scoring has been neutered or if it's because I'm focusing on fun objectives and not just crushing super jackpots all day.

One thing I did recently was swap on some silicone rubbers I had laying around... I'm very much a standard-rubber guy, but with this game having so many tight shots and the steep center ramp etc, being able to slow the ball down quicker really made it more fun for me, because there's a lot less missed shots + rejects. Think I'm going to throw lightning flippers on it next to balance out the increased ball time from the silicone

On that note (and knowing fully well this is a bad use of programming time since I'm maybe the only masochist in here that'd enjoy it), I think this would be a fun game to have a "no cradling" mode/setting, like the "Impossible Mode" in Stern's Mandalorian. It'd make chasing the Super Jackpots in Jirahs + Bemular way tougher (I find those two quite a bit easier than Baltan, maybe that's just me) and would add to the fun of chasing down Zetton.

#4561 6 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

My scores have gone down as code has advanced; I'm not sure if actual scoring has been neutered or if it's because I'm focusing on fun objectives and not just crushing super jackpots all day.
One thing I did recently was swap on some silicone rubbers I had laying around... I'm very much a standard-rubber guy, but with this game having so many tight shots and the steep center ramp etc, being able to slow the ball down quicker really made it more fun for me, because there's a lot less missed shots + rejects. Think I'm going to throw lightning flippers on it next to balance out the increased ball time from the silicone
On that note (and knowing fully well this is a bad use of programming time since I'm maybe the only masochist in here that'd enjoy it), I think this would be a fun game to have a "no cradling" mode/setting, like the "Impossible Mode" in Stern's Mandalorian. It'd make chasing the Super Jackpots in Jirahs + Bemular way tougher (I find those two quite a bit easier than Baltan, maybe that's just me) and would add to the fun of chasing down Zetton.

Scoring for most things I believe has gone up. The key really is to get those multiplier opportunities going when you have stacked modes. Also the locked ball multi ball with the 2x scoring which can stack on top of other modes can essentially give you three modes going on at the same time with multiple stacked jackpots all with increased scoring on. Top this off with the new scoring multipliers you build up by collecting points, one can cause the game scoring to explode.

#4562 6 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

... because I'm focusing on fun objectives and not just crushing super jackpots all day ...

This has been the reason for my new low scores. LOL I'm taking stupidly riskier shots trying to get all the standup targets when I hear "5 seconds" then boom, SDTM. I laugh and start a new game.

#4563 6 months ago

Has anyone had an issue when you plunge the ball and ball save starts, but if you drain it doesn’t activate actual ball save and players turn ends. I even get auto plunging on the next player. I can’t seem to figure out what’s the reason. Any help would be appreciated.

#4564 6 months ago

I'm working on 300 games in just two weeks. I've wiped the playfield down a couple of times, but at what point do I need to wax?

Quoted from Blackzarak:

Has anyone had an issue when you plunge the ball and ball save starts, but if you drain it doesn’t activate actual ball save and players turn ends. I even get auto plunging on the next player. I can’t seem to figure out what’s the reason. Any help would be appreciated.

Haven't had that issue. I'm on 1.13 (latest)

#4565 6 months ago

I'm working on 300 games in just two weeks. I've wiped the playfield down a couple of times, but at what point do I need to wax?

With modern machines, pretty much never. Just wipe off the grime now and then.

#4566 6 months ago

Take the glass off and lightly run your fingers over the playfield.

Does it feel slick and smooth or do your fingers kind of "grab" at the surface?

If it feels not-slick, wipe it down with a clean rag *slighty* dampened with 91% isopropyl alcohol, and then wax with a coat of hard carnauba paste wax and buff it with a clean cloth.

Should only need to do this occasionally.

RM

#4567 6 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Weird. I have put maybe 30 games on 1.11 and have had no multiple-feeding ball problems or endless multi problems at all.
Ball save not working correctly tho.
RM

Looks like you have the same issue I’m having with ball save not working properly. Seems like it doesn’t recognize ball save for some reason. Im running on the previous code before this new release. I’m going to update with newest code and see if it’s a code issue!!!

#4568 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Looks like you have the same issue I’m having with ball save not working properly. Seems like it doesn’t recognize ball save for some reason. Im running on the previous code before this new release. I’m going to update with newest code and see if it’s a code issue!!!

Check your Trough Switches, too.
Anything that has to do with Ball Count makes me suspicious of possible Trough issues.

Watched the Code Update Stream last night. Excited for the chance to Update to it, soon.

#4569 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

The ball save was definitely fixed in latest code.

RM

#4570 6 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Check your Trough Switches, too.
Anything that has to do with Ball Count makes me suspicious of possible Trough issues.
Watched the Code Update Stream last night. Excited for the chance to Update to it, soon.

Remember there is now an actual Ball Trough Test Mode in recent code.

You can cycle the balls through the trough, into the shooter lane and back onto the playfield and see all of the switches active/inactive

Very handy

RM

#4571 6 months ago

I just had a weird issue where I hit the scoop and it gave me kaiju selection and giant fuji, but killed my flippers until after the ball drained. Anyone see that same issue?

#4572 6 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

The ball save was definitely fixed in latest code.
RM

Yeah I didn’t have the issue until I updated with last code update from what I notice. I’m hoping it’s a code issue and this new one will fix it!!!!. Is that what happens to your issue? Everything works fine with this new code drop?

#4573 6 months ago

Anyone have issues with their light strips after updating? I updated mine and the bottom lights stopped moving, locked on random colors. I don't think they were doing that before the update, but honestly at this point I'm not sure I would have noticed it either way.

#4574 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Yeah I didn’t have the issue until I updated with last code update from what I notice. I’m hoping it’s a code issue and this new one will fix it!!!!. Is that what happens to your issue? Everything works fine with this new code drop?

Pretty much, yes.

There is a multiball bug I am still trying to get a repeatable case of, but yes, upgrade to 1.13

RM

#4575 6 months ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

Anyone have issues with their light strips after updating? I updated mine and the bottom lights stopped moving, locked on random colors. I don't think they were doing that before the update, but honestly at this point I'm not sure I would have noticed it either way.

That's the RGB strip on the edge of the middle (Bemular) playfield?

It is the whole strip or only part of it that never changes colors?

RM

#4576 6 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That's the RGB strip on the edge of the middle (Bemular) playfield?
It is the whole strip or only part of it that never changes colors?
RM

That's the one. I went back and looked and it appears that 90% of the strip is locked on.

#4577 6 months ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

That's the one. I went back and looked and it appears that 90% of the strip is locked on.

I have had that happen twice because of ball strikes to the LED strip, both times near that front edge/corner

If that is the case, Spooky will send you a new LED strip.

I have a pic of where to route the cable; it's a short tight run but it reaches

I made an edge protector out of lexan and have not had it happen again since (six months or more)

RM

#4578 6 months ago

Has anyone had issues with a Baltan working hit and miss, including in the test servo menu? It's odd because when he doesn't show when he's supposed to, if I barely touch him, it engages. In the photo he's stuck. But I can get him to reset if I tinker enough.

PXL_20231031_025720142 (resized).jpgPXL_20231031_025720142 (resized).jpg
#4579 6 months ago

Has anyone had issues with a Baltan working hit and miss, including in the test servo menu? It's odd because when he doesn't show when he's supposed to, if I barely touch him, it engages. In the photo he's stuck. But I can get him to reset if I tinker enough. [quoted image]

Are you still using the original servos that came with your Ultraman?

Intermittent movement or shuddering may indicate a failing servo.

If it fails, the recommended solution is to replace all 3 with better servos.

Take the glass off and the balls out
Flip the playfield up and find the bundle of servo wires - cut the zip ties so they are free
Place the playfield back down, place a towel on the playfield
Take the Buildings off, they go in a specific order
Detach the wireform and pull it out - take careful note of where the back ends go, that's crucial to getting it to fit back in at the end
Take the Baltans off
Flip the wireform over and clip all or most of the zip ties
Replace all 3 of the servos, one at a time
Zip tie the wires back together just like they were and flip the wireform back upright
Don't put the Baltans back on yet
Turn the game on, it will reset the 3 servos to the Hidden position
Go into servo test and test each servo so you know they are working
Leave them in Hidden position
Turn the game back off
Replace the Baltans (Note - you may have to use the small screws that come with the new servos for this, the old ones may not fit the new servos)
Replace the Buildings
Feed the wires back down
And replace the wire form and bolt down
Flip the playfield back up and re-zip the wires neatly
Done

Get this 3-pack
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874JS7BX/

RussM

#4580 6 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Flip the playfield up and find the bundle of servo wires - cut the zip ties so they are free
Detach the wireform and pull it out - take careful note of where the back ends go, that's crucial to getting it to fit back in at the end
Take the Baltans off
Zip tie the wires back together just like they were and flip the wireform back upright
Turn the game back off
Replace the Baltans (Note - you may have to use the small screws that come with the new servos for this, the old ones may not fit the new servos)
Replace the Buildings
Feed the wires back down
Done
Get this 3-pack
RussM

Thanks for the instructional writeup! Yes, original....because the game is only two weeks old. So I still have the spare that came with it that I can swap it with if that's the case.

#4581 6 months ago

Thanks for the instructional writeup! Yes, original....because the game is only two weeks old. So I still have the spare that came with it that I can swap it with if that's the case.

Don't bother. The spares are still crap and the amazon link above is the better part with metal gears. I replaced all 3 of mine when one started acting up. My coinbox also didn't have any of the spare stuff it should have included.

#4582 6 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Don't bother. The spares are still crap and the amazon link above is the better part with metal gears. I replaced all 3 of mine when one started acting up. My coinbox also didn't have any of the spare stuff it should have included.

Well that's annoying. I'll pick these up then, thanks!

#4583 6 months ago

Well that's annoying. I'll pick these up then, thanks!

Remember that's 12.99 for a 3-pack; all you need.

Don't get 3 of them LOL

RM

#4584 6 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Take the Baltans off
Turn the game back off
Replace the Buildings
Feed the wires back down
Done
Get this 3-pack
RussM

By chance would these Servos also work in Scooby Doo? I am going to order a 3 pack for Ultra Man, but see Scooby also uses some type of servos. Also it would be great if someone could make these directions into a highlighted key post.

#4585 6 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Also it would be great if someone could make these directions into a highlighted key post

Already there, my friend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/66#post-7235961

#4586 6 months ago

Thanks for link. I unboxed and setup over the weekend. Plays great right outta the box with no adjustments necessary. It had 1.08a code installed from Spooky
with a October 2022 build date. Definitely ordering the servos. Just a matter of time before they go wacky. Going to order a extra set to have in case Scooby
-Doo starts going haywire in his barrel.LOL

#4587 6 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

By chance would these Servos also work in Scooby Doo? I am going to order a 3 pack for Ultra Man, but see Scooby also uses some type of servos. Also it would be great if someone could make these directions into a highlighted key post.

I have both an Ultraman and a Scooby Doo.

UM/HWN uses 2 types of servos:

MG90S servos (small ones) that run the Baltans/Michaels

Feetech FT5320M servos (much bigger) that run the ball lifters and the ramp diverter (I think)

Scooby Doo only uses the bigger Feetech FT5320M servos under the apron kickouts and the Scooby Doo in the Barrel

That's it I think

RM

#4588 6 months ago

For all those haters who complain that "Spooky uses cheap-o servos because they are a terrible pinball company" can take note that I saw some pics of the underside of Labyrinth and they use at least three and possibly 5 or 6 of the exact same servos.

RussM

#4589 6 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have both an Ultraman and a Scooby Doo.
UM/HWN uses 2 types of servos:
MG90S servos (small ones) that run the Baltans/Michaels
Feetech FT5320M servos (much bigger) that run the ball lifters and the ramp diverter (I think)
Scooby Doo only uses the bigger Feetech FT5320M servos under the apron kickouts and the Scooby Doo in the Barrel
That's it I think
RM

Thanks for the clarification on the different types of servos on Scooby and Ultraman. I wish Spooky sent a manual along with their games!

#4590 5 months ago

I'm working on a manual, hopefully will be available soon, it might be something that comes out as a v1, then gets added to over time.

#4591 5 months ago

I made this ball accelerator mod after dealing with the slow right lane lifter return since I received the machine....what do you guys think? I want to finish up another "bug" with the ball drop...but for the most part it's working....It uses the ball's inertia to speed it through the subway..it requires cutting and replacing the bottom of the subway with a 3d printed accelerator of sorts.

pic of the installation

20231103_065126 (resized).jpg20231103_065126 (resized).jpg20231103_065139 (resized).jpg20231103_065139 (resized).jpg
#4592 5 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I made this ball accelerator mod after dealing with the slow right lane lifter return since I received the machine....what do you guys think? I want to finish up another "bug" with the ball drop...but for the most part it's working....It uses the ball's inertia to speed it through the subway..it requires cutting and replacing the bottom of the subway with a 3d printed accelerator of sorts.
pic of the installation[quoted image][quoted image]

That seems to work well.

I have thought about something like this, but what about a 3D printed wedge-type thing that would just get adhered to the inside head end of the subway, something like the Swamp Accelerator that works so well in Addams Family?

Would be much easier to install.

RussMyers

#4593 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That seems to work well.
I have thought about something like this, but what about a 3D printed wedge-type thing that would just get adhered to the inside head end of the subway, something like the Swamp Accelerator that works so well in Addams Family?
Would be much easier to install.
RussMyers

When I looked at what was going on there...I realized that it needed more than just a swamp accelerator fix that TAF had implemented, moving that ball quickly was key...this accelerator not only moves it on the way down, but then quickly turns it to exit the accelerator...the other issue,that I'm still working on, is when the ball drops, it hits the corner of the playfield that seems to jut out into its path . I need to get around that and that should speed things up more...before installing this my ball literally just sat there....I would tilt it trying to get it to move...

#4594 5 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

When I looked at what was going on there...I realized that it needed more than just a swamp accelerator fix that TAF had implemented, moving that ball quickly was key...this accelerator not only moves it on the way down, but then quickly turns it to exit the accelerator...the other issue,that I'm still working on, is when the ball drops, it hits the corner of the playfield that seems to jut out into its path . I need to get around that and that should speed things up more...before installing this my ball literally just sat there....I would tilt it trying to get it to move...

Got it. I might be interested, but I'd want to check with Spooky to see if I can get a spare subway for myself before I would cut the one I have.

RM

#4595 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Got it. I might be interested, but I'd want to check with Spooky to see if I can get a spare subway for myself before I would cut the one I have.
RM

Ha I got cha....I'll be providing a printed template to make the cut line...nice and slow on a chop saw and it came out great...

#4596 5 months ago

Has anyone found a way to repair a broken Beta Capsule? Only 42 plays on the game since receiving from Spooky 2 weeks ago.

IMG_3825 (resized).jpegIMG_3825 (resized).jpeg
#4597 5 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Has anyone found a way to repair a broken Beta Capsule? Only 42 plays on the game since receiving from Spooky 2 weeks ago.
[quoted image]

Don't bother...get Vimtoman 's replacement capsule...much nicer...no more issues...

#4598 5 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

[quoted image]

Email Spooky and ask them for a replacement (they are really good on support - [email protected]), and then use @vimtoman's mod for the scoop or get/modify your own from some of the tips in this forum. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/91#post-7817031)

I broke mine but the wires were still intact so I just glued it back together and then changed the snubber deflector to a rounded deflector and the new deflector goes far enough under the beta capsule to protect it. I've sent some super strong shots to that scoop and the new deflector has worked perfectly. Bonus - very few rejected shots.

#4599 5 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

[quoted image]

Well, you can solder those broken contacts back, kind of a PITA.

Alternatively, if you have a white LED #89 flasher you can dig the old one out of the silicone and replace it.

Spooky support will send you a new one ASAP.

Vimtoman's replacement is very nice, but cost and shipping from the UK

RussM

#4600 5 months ago

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I will reach out to Spooky on Monday. I had a get together with non Ultaman fans. Everyone that played it loved it. ~30ish.
games played with no further issues. I had no LED's on hand, so placed an incandescent #89 from inventory. No one seemed the wiser about a missing Beta Capsule except I.LOL

IMG_3836 (resized).jpegIMG_3836 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/92?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.