(Topic ID: 301220)

Ultraman Kaiju Rumble Club - Kaiju are near!

By Morinack

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,002 posts
  • 277 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by pballinhd
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MGmotor (resized).JPG
motor (resized).jpg
20240407_143511 (resized).jpg
20240407_143613 (resized).jpg
20240407_143449 (resized).jpg
20240407_143536 (resized).jpg
20240407_143555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8072 (resized).jpeg
ultramancover (resized).jpg
utramanpinplastic (resized).png
20240127_131303 (resized).jpg
20240127_131312 (resized).jpg
UM Topper (resized).png
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #218 Detailed update from Luke on 11/29/21 Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #278 New code is live. More code promised. Posted by SpookyBug (2 years ago)

Post #339 SpookyLuke discusses some pros and cons of Pinatar system. Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #1026 Charlie comments Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1112 Rule development planning. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Links to fixes in Halloween that had not been shared in Ultraman thread Posted by paulbaptiste (2 years ago)

Post #1589 What the future holds for this title. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #1686 Rule summary from rarehero Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #1744 Way to thread stripped playfield holes. Posted by Tranquilize (2 years ago)

Post #1865 IPS screen install, 30 minutes. Posted by MT45 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkfe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Anyone else’s ramps come really scratched up?[quoted image]

What kind of tooling is Spooky using to secure those ramp flap rivets?...That looks so amatuerish...

5 months later
#2386 1 year ago

So I received my machine today #252, it arrived unblemished. I set it up, installed balls, played first game...got to the point to choose my battle. I was able to move left and right, but when I attempted to choose via the start button, nada...even tried using both flippers (as instructed on the screen), still nothing...put in an email, but nothing other than check connections...went into switch test and the start switch doesn't register?, but when I go into coil test, the start switch works just fine activating the coils?..so I put the balls back in to fire up another game...and now my right flipper doesn't work...but the switch does...I noted that on the main board ( pinataur?), I don't see the solenoid led lit? or the three fuses next to it...anyone deal with something like this while I'm waiting to hear from tech support?
...also why dont the flippers have a high power setting in coil test? only low power...which I can barely hear much less see it move

20220623_140435 (resized).jpg20220623_140435 (resized).jpg
#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just got off the phone with the user above...he's good to go.

Yes Thanks...was just going to post that...all good now....beautiful machine...

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

lpeters82 is that something that will be addressed in a future code update (a visual cue that you can/cannot select a mode [based on some necessary prerequisite])?

I believe it does say on the selection screen that it was not available...I just didn't see it as it was my first time there...but an audible "tick" of some sort to know that your're pressing the button, but that its not allowed would have been helpful...had a minor flipper issue, seems it was just a connector issue, pulled the pin, and reinstalled and all good now...awesome customer service Spooky...and that playfiled is so sweet....don't get the hate for this game...

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Got my butter CE today. Excellent packing by the Spooky team. The cabinet is stunning. Really glad I decided to go for the butter after all. Checked everything under the playfield before I started playing, didn't see anything loose. HOLY SHIT THAT'S A BIG SUBWOOFER. This is going to be a bit of a disjointed ramble...here goes..
My only 'issues' are extremely minor overall. I've had some wicked airballs (upper pf drop target launched the ball clear out of the pf, hit the glass, and it ended up back in the shooter lane!) but oddly none from the mystery scoop....in fact my mystery scoop is really hittable, and very easy from a backhand. The right orbit is every bit the bitch people say it is....and yet somehow my wife managed to two-time it on the fly on her second game.
The plunger is....very insufficient. Theres two minor blemishes that don't bother me and half of it leans very slightly to one side (molding or assembly error I assume...not sure how these are fabricated) but the real complaint is....it's just VERY weak. Not sure if it's off center or the spring is just too weak, but you have to plunge in a very specific way to get it to go all the way and come out the left. I think a slightly stronger spring would remedy this with no issue in my case. I only have the back legs up maybe a half inch or 3/4ths, and the front are all the way down. I didn't specifically check the angle or even the level (YOLO!) but everything else is real zippy and no balls getting hung up in the subways, even after putting two in the scoop one right after another.
The sound...I do have some whinging to do here. One, the speakers have have a *constant* static-y background to them, even when nothing is going on and the game is otherwise silent. It's really bad. Also, the "minimum" volume level is still too loud for my taste. We have 6 people in this house. It would be nice to be able to set it lower, or barring that, plug in headphones.....but I will settle for getting rid of the very sneakily loud background static. It sounds as bad as the fan in my Godzilla power supply. The callous are pretty funny at times....like draining the ball and getting "we lost a lot of good men that day..." is practically memeworthy.
Flipper buttons feel strange but I'll get used to it. I did notice that both the upper flippers can be staged, which
I didn't pay any attention to at TPF!
Overall a really great experience and looking forward to more updates and just getting to finally play the thing.

Same issue with the background sound...and I also got an airball off the top ramp too...butter is nice though...

2 weeks later
#2591 1 year ago
Smeagol (resized).jpgSmeagol (resized).jpg
#2602 1 year ago

usb on the left side of the cabinet...put it in...turn it on

edit---ok turn it on...stick it in....

#2605 1 year ago

Just played a couple games, I like it great improvement....displays are easier to see...still having issues losing my solenoid power though, anyone else having this issue? ...was happening before the code update and still continues...when restarting a new game, it just cuts out...all solenoids not responsive in test...

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Install went perfect, no issues, screen is sized correctly, I played 10 games with no issues (one ball search which was found). I like the interface over the previous one.
Only comment - screen transitions flickered, I don't recall that before but I would not call that an issue. Did not notice any content added.
Happy to have the update which looks like a lot of bug fixes. Good job Spooky! (and keep it up )

I noticed this too...looked glitchy

#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I am sometimes getting periods of gameplay where the ball isn't recognized sitting on the ball lifter (on the right side, could happen either side I guess) and gameplay stops until the ball search gets it going again.
The switch above the lifter (Right Lifter) tests fine every time.
I am guessing - could the lifter height be just a smidge too low and so when the ball is sitting on the lifter sometimes it doesnt block that opto entirely.
Anyone else see this?
RM

Yes, as somone pointed out...it may be the subway needing a washer to allow it to get there(lifter) easier...havent done it yet...but on my to do list

#2692 1 year ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I still keep getting scoop rejects on the beta capsule scoop. Is it the scoop being a simple 45 degree chunk of metal instead of the typical W/B rounded scoop. I saw a mod up earlier in the thread, but haven't heard whether it's any good.
Any modders out there?

sounds like something Mantis might be interested in...although what exactly is the issue...rejects from the scoop?...can't say I've had an issue with it myself..

#2702 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Here is an attempt at a top view and a few others.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

would a slimmer sleeve work better there?

#2705 1 year ago

"As an aside, when updating the code today I was reminded of how heavy this Spooky backglass is…compared to all the translights these days it’s nice to hold a real backglass. I sure hope Spooky doesn’t go the translight rout in the future to save a few bucks. It’s nice to hold quality materials."

Yes I recall lifting this for the first time and I was like "whoa" thing is solid...I also really like the backglass being a true backglass...translites seem so cheap to me...

1 week later
#2756 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hey Spooky, the ISO update link on your site is for 1.0.7.
Can you get your shit together please and update things in a timely manner? This isn't complicated. Now I'm stuck sitting here when I have time on a weekend and I can't update my game because you half ass this stuff that really should take like two minutes to fix.

just checked their site, its 1.08 ? https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#2767 1 year ago

Hard to get to...this work?

20220726_190810 (resized).jpg20220726_190810 (resized).jpg
7 months later
#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

These, plus some bolts and washers and lock nuts.
amazon.com link »
RM

Can you show a pic of how you mounted them? I had the same thing happen as well....I'm guessing right into the cabinet side in front of the slide nub?

#3841 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/77#post-7443458
He posted some pics of them on this post, mounted on the end of the service rails

ok I see it now...I didn't realize those were not factory...I would think something closer to the actual sliding part would be better as I would think this could still be pulled off the rails

3 months later
#4302 9 months ago

Link for the code update...can't seem to find it on spooky website?....

#4304 9 months ago

yup..just found it...didn't scroll down...

#4309 9 months ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

And it is on a thumb drive 32 gig or less, formatted with FAT32 system. Actually, I really like how fast the Spooky pin's update, way faster than Stern's update process. Also look to see if the file name is code_UM.pkg and not code_UM(1).pkg (meaning it downloaded into a directory you already had a previous UM update downloaded in. That won't matter after this update, as m4tt said he added code to check for that.
Speaking of updating, my usb cable in the cabinet has a male end instead of a female, I just update using a USB port in the backbox. Anyone's else come like that? I have been meaning to get a female/female adapter and keep forgetting...

it sort of looks like a male...but it does fit into a normal USB drive...try again...

3 months later
#4538 6 months ago

Just installed new code...was playing a awesome game....ball dropped into the subway behind the spacium scoop, ball got hung up ( like it always does), tilted it trying to shake it loose...game "tilted" but just sort of stopped, no ball search ( I guess because it was in tilt mode)shut the game off . So what have others done concerning the ball hang up at scoop, sort of behind the scoop at the long screw and nut which I can see from the front/top.

#4541 6 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Halloween owner here, but am familiar with the issue you're speaking of. I had numerous issues with my Halloween machine out-of-the-box, this subway deflector being one of them. With the playfield level from side-to-side, there simply was not enough of an angle on that little deflector to guide the ball down the subway.
I fixed mine permanently by changing the angle. If you look at the pic, you can see the edge of the deflector down through the hole in the middle playfield.
Originally, the edge of that deflector was parallel with the edge of the playfield it mounts to. You can see I changed that a bit, giving it more downward angle. I included two pics, one without the lines overlay, so that you can clearly see the 'adjusted' edge of the deflector.
I have had no problems since.[quoted image]

I'll check it out..ty

#4543 6 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Been getting a lot of air balls lately after not really having the issue for the year or so that I've owned the game. The flipper bushing seems to have quite a bit of play. Has anyone changed their bushings? If so what did you replace them with? Can you install precision bushings with regular bats?

precision makes a spooky bushing ...so no issue there....

2 weeks later
#4591 5 months ago

I made this ball accelerator mod after dealing with the slow right lane lifter return since I received the machine....what do you guys think? I want to finish up another "bug" with the ball drop...but for the most part it's working....It uses the ball's inertia to speed it through the subway..it requires cutting and replacing the bottom of the subway with a 3d printed accelerator of sorts.

pic of the installation

20231103_065126 (resized).jpg20231103_065126 (resized).jpg20231103_065139 (resized).jpg20231103_065139 (resized).jpg
#4593 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That seems to work well.
I have thought about something like this, but what about a 3D printed wedge-type thing that would just get adhered to the inside head end of the subway, something like the Swamp Accelerator that works so well in Addams Family?
Would be much easier to install.
RussMyers

When I looked at what was going on there...I realized that it needed more than just a swamp accelerator fix that TAF had implemented, moving that ball quickly was key...this accelerator not only moves it on the way down, but then quickly turns it to exit the accelerator...the other issue,that I'm still working on, is when the ball drops, it hits the corner of the playfield that seems to jut out into its path . I need to get around that and that should speed things up more...before installing this my ball literally just sat there....I would tilt it trying to get it to move...

#4595 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Got it. I might be interested, but I'd want to check with Spooky to see if I can get a spare subway for myself before I would cut the one I have.
RM

Ha I got cha....I'll be providing a printed template to make the cut line...nice and slow on a chop saw and it came out great...

#4597 5 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Has anyone found a way to repair a broken Beta Capsule? Only 42 plays on the game since receiving from Spooky 2 weeks ago.
[quoted image]

Don't bother...get Vimtoman 's replacement capsule...much nicer...no more issues...

#4601 5 months ago

I moved the ball accelerator mod to its own thread if you're interested https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-ultraman-ball-accelerator-mod#post-7855835

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 210.00
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkfe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners?tu=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.