IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 94.
#2551 1 year ago

I assume Ryan's game would be next?

I know Fix talked a big game about doing at least 2 games a year. Hopefully they have the next game pretty far long

#2552 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

It took them several years to make tank force I doubt we will see anything anytime soon

Plus they sold 2000 but make 20 games a week so they are busy for next 2 years

#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I assume Ryan's game would be next?
I know Fix talked a big game about doing at least 2 games a year. Hopefully they have the next game pretty far long

Barry O game next, then Ryan, then another nordman (ww sequel apparently). At least thats what the current rumor mill is saying

#2554 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Barry O game next, then Ryan, then another nordman (ww sequel apparently). At least thats what the current rumor mill is saying

I hope Barry’s game isn’t the rumored “Food Truck”. That sounds like an awful theme in my opinion. A sequel to WW, however, would be AWESOME…so awesome, I’d have to sell a cherished game to free up space and money for it.

#2555 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I hope Barry’s game isn’t the rumored “Food Truck”. That sounds like an awful theme in my opinion. A sequel to WW, however, would be AWESOME…so awesome, I’d have to sell a cherished game to free up space and money for it.

It's not supposed to be as the work he did Food Truck that was likely owned by Deeproot and now whoever bought all that stuff (Turner Pinball??). The rumor was that it is a single level game but then again GTF started out as a very simple game and they jammed a bunch of other stuff in there so I guess it could go either way.

#2556 1 year ago

It's not. I recall hearing that Barry made a new design at AP before he passed.

AP would have to partner with Turner Pinball to do Food Truck or Yukon Yeti (if that's the Whitewater sequel). There was an interview with Chris Turner on the most recent pinball news and magazine podcast where he said Dennis played the Turner prototype and mentioned wanting to still make that game. So I suppose it's possible (unless he'd be making it with Turner rather than AP).

#2557 1 year ago

The EXPO Homebrew contest was a big disappointment. After all the hype, they never picked a winner. We were told that supposably a winner would be picked and that person would be contacted privately so they didn't run into the same issue they did with Ryan (Stern stole the license?). What I do know is that a lot of us spend a lot of $$ to travel out there and see where we stood against each other. I drove out from Tampa and the trip cost me over $3k. I would have still gone either way, but I think there would have been less machines if no contest was announced. The other disappointment was they put us on the back wall when we were told we had a dedicated spot. My spot was next to the ladies room, LOL. Don't get me wrong, not complaining and I would definitely do it again, just adding my 2 cents.

#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from elsereturn:

The EXPO Homebrew contest was a big disappointment. After all the hype, they never picked a winner. We were told that supposably a winner would be picked and that person would be contacted privately so they didn't run into the same issue they did with Ryan (Stern stole the license?). What I do know is that a lot of us spend a lot of $$ to travel out there and see where we stood against each other. I drove out from Tampa and the trip cost me over $3k. I would have still gone either way, but I think there would have been less machines if no contest was announced. The other disappointment was they put us on the back wall when we were told we had a dedicated spot. My spot was next to the ladies room, LOL. Don't get me wrong, not complaining and I would definitely do it again, just adding my 2 cents.

For what it's worth, I loved playing Elf. Amazing theme integration and I loved the lite brite apron.

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from elsereturn:

That IS disappointing. I can’t imagine why they would do that. I also want to add that I played Elf at Florida FreePlay and thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done.

#2560 1 year ago

even if you're doing original IP, the homebrew dream contest always seemed extremely poorly thought out

if someone is able to make a viable design that could be produced, just talk to them...there's so few of those that there doesn't need to be a contest

But there are so many things that have to be done to take a homebrew and make it a viable product, beyond licensing. Hell the best part of homebrewing is not having to think about a BOM or overly worrying about complex-mechanisms/ease-of-manufacturing/reproducibility

#2561 1 year ago

I disagree. I have not seen any homebrew mechs or perceived BOMs that fall greatly outside mass production. Other than Mr. Biggs $75 aircraft connectors of course…

#2562 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I disagree. I have not seen any homebrew mechs or perceived BOMs that fall greatly outside mass production. Other than Mr. Biggs $75 aircraft connectors of course…

Sure there are. The Amigo pins, the modern Pin 2k homebrews, Trashland, and others

#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

if someone is able to make a viable design that could be produced, just talk to them...

They don't even need to do that. Just steal the game... But i'm not gonna go there.

#2564 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Sure there are. The Amigo pins, the modern Pin 2k homebrews, Trashland, and others

Don't try to hook my games into a pin2k cab... you'll destroy the board and the playfield.
My system is Augmented Reality Pinball (Pinball AR)

And I wasn't aiming for the american dream contest, I make games because I enjoy it. Expect 4 Pinball AR games at expo this year!

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Don't try to hook my games into a pin2k cab... you'll destroy the board and the playfield.
My system is Augmented Reality Pinball (Pinball AR)
And I wasn't aiming for the american dream contest, I make games because I enjoy it. Expect 4 Pinball AR games at expo this year!

Great, you're doing really interesting stuff. I like that you aren't aiming for some contest and just want to make cool stuff.

#2566 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Plus they sold 2000 but make 20 games a week so they are busy for next 2 years

No way they sold that many. Maybe to distributers, but I doubt it.

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No way they sold that many. Maybe to distributers, but I doubt it.

Don't believe that either.

Sucks to read the negative impact of the announced contest that wasn't. My take: just another ill-thought-out, near-spur-of-the-moment idea thrown out by the guy in charge because he thinks he can say whatever and have the people doing the work make it happen. Oh, and to have another public thing to distract from the lack of new games and output from AP. Exhibit B would include the virtual tour of AP HQ from last year's expo (instead of releasing GTF as was the plan).

#2568 1 year ago

Well i know that pinball companies work years in advance of a game coming out. And it may be in development (like GTF and PF has been said was) for 5 years before news leaks out.

Other people know it too, but seem to think that all of a sudden things should just pop out 12 months later.

#2569 1 year ago

A friend texted me saying AP is making a video game license that isn’t Sonic

I’d guess something like Mega Man from Capcom. Seems like that style game could translate to pinball. Lots of iconic music, bosses, a weapon level up system that could be translated to pinball. They should get something Nintendo, but I doubt they did. Mortal Kombat would be another killer license.

#2570 1 year ago
master-chief-mjolnir-mark-vi-gen-3_01 (resized).jpgmaster-chief-mjolnir-mark-vi-gen-3_01 (resized).jpg
#2571 1 year ago

Halo would be ok too. It’s a pretty generic space marine theme that’s still popular despite a row of meh games.

And if you’re doing a generic Microsoft owned space marine game, do Doom

#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They should get something Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda often comes up in the "what's next for Stern" thread. But based on how beautiful the Scooby-Doo and Galactic Tank Force pins are, would you rather have Spooky or American be the company to do a Zelda pin?

The Legend of Zelda Movie - what we know so far:
The Zelda film will reportedly be handled by Illumination, who is also the studio behind the current Super Mario Bros Movie.

#2573 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The Legend of Zelda often comes up in the "what's next for Stern" thread. But based on how beautiful the Scooby-Doo game is, would you rather have Spooky be the company to do a Zelda pin?
The Legend of Zelda Movie - what we know so far:
The Zelda film will reportedly be handled by Illumination, who is also the studio behind the current Super Mario Bros Movie.

Do you want it to look like a spooky, play like a stern, cost as much as a jjp, or have the marketing and release or an AP?

1 week later
#2574 1 year ago

I can't figure out what AP and it's leadership are doing. They seem for the most part to have manufacturing down so why not go all in with a major license? I understand the cash requirements upfront are large, but you have to pay to play with the big boys unless they want to continue to trickle along. I would give Ryan a good desirable license and the reigns to design what he wants - Stern has won huge with their 2 new fresh designers.

#2575 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I can't figure out what AP and it's leadership are doing.

Whatever it is, it’s being FIXed…

#2576 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I can't figure out what AP and it's leadership are doing. They seem for the most part to have manufacturing down so why not go all in with a major license? I understand the cash requirements upfront are large, but you have to pay to play with the big boys unless they want to continue to trickle along. I would give Ryan a good desirable license and the reigns to design what he wants - Stern has won huge with their 2 new fresh designers.

I’ve wondered the same. The right license, built with AP’s high quality, by a top design team, could prove hugely profitable. They obviously know something I don’t because they’re following an entirely different strategy. Don’t get me wrong, I love their originality, and we desperately need that in today’s hobby. But $ is what it’s all about, and, sadly, I don’t see GTF or their other releases selling well enough to generate a noteworthy profit for their parent company. I hope I’m wrong because I want to see AP around for a long time to come.

#2577 1 year ago

Music pin.
Lady Gaga.

#2578 1 year ago

Who is that?

2 months later
#2579 10 months ago

61 days since the last comment and no speculation on the next AP game since #GTF was released. Is this the end - I hope not. Saved room for another AP next to my Houdini but GTF was not going to be it. Someone must have some information or speculation to share … hoping this thread stays alive (or maybe it’s already moved elsewhere - if so let me know).

#2580 10 months ago
Quoted from Bagittagit603:

61 days since the last comment and no speculation on the next AP game since #GTF was released. Is this the end - I hope not. Saved room for another AP next to my Houdini but GTF was not going to be it. Someone must have some information or speculation to share … hoping this thread stays alive (or maybe it’s already moved elsewhere - if so let me know).

Well, I originated this post and I haven’t moved it anywhere. I’m assuming the lack of posts has to do with the waiting game we’re all playing as we anticipate AP getting more GTF games made as well as opening up other lines to make more of their previous games.

As a big fan of AP who’s less than enthusiastic about GTF, this is a frustrating time. When I spoke to David Fix at FreePlay Florida last November, he said there was definitely a sequel game in the works. This was after I asked him about the rumored sequel to Nordman’s Whitewater. However, he did say that their game would not be the Whitewater sequel.

Whatever the case, I think we AP enthusiasts are stuck in a holding pattern for a little while as GTF games are made.

I hope this thread revives. I enjoy reading everyone’s comments.

#2581 10 months ago

Also, if you don’t yet own one, have you considered picking up a LOV? I have one and it’s fricking awesome! It’s set up beside my Houdini- two games that will never leave my collection.

#2582 10 months ago

Also, if you don’t yet own one, have you considered picking up a LOV? I have one and it’s fricking awesome! It’s set up beside my Houdini- two games that will never leave my collection.

LOV would have been my personal choice once I saw the GTF reveal, but I’ve got two young pinheads at home so we went with a more family friendly theme in Godzilla for our first NIB purchase (with funds I had been sitting on for two years hoping to be blown away by Nordman’s first game for AP). Still a huge fan - nothing feels as solid as playing an API table. Awesome thread you’ve started here - as always in this hobby - excited for what they’ll come up with next.

#2583 10 months ago

so we went with a more family friendly theme in Godzilla for our first NIB purchase

So.. a monster killing people is considered family friendly?

#2584 10 months ago

LOV would have been my personal choice once I saw the GTF reveal, but I’ve got two young pinheads at home so we went with a more family friendly theme in Godzilla for our first NIB purchase (with funds I had been sitting on for two years hoping to be blown away by Nordman’s first game for AP). Still a huge fan - nothing feels as solid as playing an API table. Awesome thread you’ve started here - as always in this hobby - excited for what they’ll come up with next.

Another possibility for a future AP game is the winner of AP’s homebrew contest. I heard that David Fix recently said a winner was selected, but they’re waiting to announce the game until they secure the license for it. Apparently they’re afraid of losing out on the license like they did for Randy McQuaid’s Sonic game.

#2585 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:So.. a monster killing people is considered family friendly?

There's no killing people in the pin...
And also family friendly in terms of resale value!

#2586 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

There's no killing people in the pin...
And also family friendly in terms of resale value!

So you are saying all the buildings and bridges on fire or blown up have no people dying in them? Got it. Just because you don't see the carnage, doesn't mean people didn't die. Kids can still can connect the dots.

#2587 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

So you are saying all the buildings and bridges on fire or blown up have no people dying in them? Got it. Just because you don't see the carnage, doesn't mean people didn't die. Kids can still can connect the dots.

I’d definitely call Godzilla a family friendly theme. Growing up, I used to regularly watch the Godzilla movies in the Creature Double Feature aired every Saturday afternoon. There’s no bloodshed, no dismemberments, no grotesque violence, no sex. Even G rated movies have death and murder scenes in them. I think your argument against Godzilla being family friendly is weak.

#2588 10 months ago

Ok. Do kids also understand LoV had a lot of implicit rape, because vikings??

#2589 10 months ago

like they did for Randy McQuaid’s Sonic game.

So there’s Randy Quaid and Ryan McQuaid. Big difference, ...I think? Lol

975F526B-6CA4-41CB-B7CD-85F2C54621F5 (resized).jpeg975F526B-6CA4-41CB-B7CD-85F2C54621F5 (resized).jpegE15B5E78-4482-4CD0-B48A-9B926EB06D16 (resized).jpegE15B5E78-4482-4CD0-B48A-9B926EB06D16 (resized).jpeg
#2590 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ok. Do kids also understand LoV had a lot of implicit rape, because vikings??

I don’t think you need to dive so deep as considering thematic implicit rape to recognize LOV isn’t particularly family friendly - just look at the back glass. Not criticizing the theme or the artwork, both of which I like a lot, particularly the Archer-esque heavy line drawing of the artwork. Just a bit adult themed for my kids and their friends. Definitely a table I’ll look forward to owning at some point though.

#2591 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

So there’s Randy Quaid and Ryan McQuaid. Big difference, ...I think? Lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ha! My bad. I’m sure Ryan McQuaid would be less than pleased by my mix up…especially based on the Randy Quaid picture you posted.

#2592 10 months ago

David Fix at FreePlay Florida last November, he said there was definitely a sequel game in the works. However, he did say that their game would not be the Whitewater sequel.

Does anyone remember one of the seminars where Fix alluded to GTF being a two-parter? Maybe it was at MGC? IDK but I heard him specifically point out the “Full” title of GTF which is “Galactic Tank Force - Battle for the Moon”. He intentionally made it sound like there would be a sequel or DLC code update that would make the mission continue into other realms.

2E0EB83F-2F91-4C26-8D82-EF8C8977ACF7 (resized).jpeg2E0EB83F-2F91-4C26-8D82-EF8C8977ACF7 (resized).jpeg
#2593 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Does anyone remember one of the seminars where Fix alluded to GTF being a two-parter? Maybe it was at MGC? IDK but I heard him specifically point out the “Full” title of GTF which is “Galactic Tank Force - Battle for the Moon”. He intentionally made it sound like there would be a sequel or DLC code update that would make the mission continue into other realms.
[quoted image]

That’s interesting. I hadn’t heard that. If so then it would definitely gel with what Fix told me about making a sequel.

Personally, I hope it’s not the case. GTF simply doesn’t appeal to me at all. If they followed up GTF with its sequel, their lines would be busy with that theme for a long time to come.

#2594 10 months ago

DLC doesn’t make sense since the title is on the backglass. I assume he means they’re going to make a sister pin. Not sure if we’ll ever see it though based on the response to GTF thus far. Doubling down could be dangerous.

#2595 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Not sure if we’ll ever see it though based on the response to GTF thus far. Doubling down could be dangerous.

Yeah. I don’t want to call Fix a liar, but the sales figures he’s been claiming for GTF seem massively exaggerated. I wish we could know the real figures. I want AP to succeed, and if GTF isn’t selling well enough I’d like to see them move on to a theme that would sell better…a Whitewater sequel, for example.

#2596 10 months ago

What are you talking about? It's just a pinball machine, it's not real. I think all machines should have an adult mode. I want the machine to cuss at me a little bit.

#2597 10 months ago

My grandpappy was killed by a kaiju. Very offensive game to me /s

#2598 10 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My grandpappy was killed by a kaiju. Very offensive game to me /s

I am a Kaiju. Accept my way of life otherwise you’re anti-monster. You offend ME! Lol.

#2599 10 months ago

I really hope there's something in the pipeline from Ryan. Not only would I love to see him see some major success after his Spinball efforts (a Sonic themed pin, if ever developed, will be entering my collection, full stop), I would love to see more pinball companies providing some decent competition for Stern.

I just added Hot Wheels to my collection and I really feel like that title is slept on by a ton of people. It's fast, friendly, flowy, and most importantly FUN. The value on it was also stupendous. Now, I don't think it's a great choice if you can only get a single pin in your place as it isn't very deep code or progression wise. However, I feel it is a perfect "companion" pin to something with a bit more complexity like some of the recent Stern releases. HW is kind of like a game straight out of the 90s but with a modern build.

I haven't had a chance to try GTF yet. AP games don't seem to make much inroads in my area so I doubt I'll get to try it without some sort of travel. Hopefully it isn't their last offering though.

#2600 10 months ago

If

Another possibility for a future AP game is the winner of AP’s homebrew contest. I heard that David Fix recently said a winner was selected, but they’re waiting to announce the game until they secure the license for it. Apparently they’re afraid of losing out on the license like they did for Randy McQuaid’s Sonic game.

If they are possibly going to produce a game from EXPO, just go back and watch a video to see what homebrew games would require a license. I know you can rule out Sonic and ELF. So what does that leave ? Pokemon, Daikaiju, and Dukes of hazzard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/52?hl=ray3127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.