nirmal (resized).jpeg
fix_shopping_at_TPF (resized).jpg
PXL_20240314_200511076 (resized).jpg
IMG_1220.gif
weird science.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9f9dbfb9c468bd42 (resized).png
IMG_3964 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I noticed the other day that AP updated the trademark filing for this recently. There’s hope!

Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, well most of Doyle’s stories and characters are. Some of the later Holmes stories are not in the public domain yet.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Had a great idea the other night playing Houdini. Stick with another victorian era theme and make Titanic. Who's not going to buy that? Another deep story line and rules with a nautical theme. I want to hear ship bells ringing and a horn.

You can be the ice berg and have to sink the titanic then??? Don’t think titanic would get people too excited. Maybe if it was released when the movie came out, but not now IMO

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I am waiting as well because I am limited in my new pinball budget and if Godzilla comes out I may have to see if my money goes there instead of towards the next AP machine. Love the Forbidden Planet pin picture btw.

Hopefully Godzilla gets announced this fall.

2 months later
#571 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm fine with them announcing/revealing the game when they are ready to ship, but a tease would be great, like the way Spooky did it.
Take a pic of a toy and post it.
Take a pic of the backside of the playfield.
Take a pic of the DMD showing an image in color.
Small stuff to let us know it's happening and make us want it and talk about it and generate a buzz!

And once Soooky reveals you still have anywhere from 12 to 18 month before you get your game. Between then many pins will be announced and shipping and the next new “shiny thing” will hit.

Still debating about putting a deposit down for Halloween, but no game play videos and possibly a year and half wait is just too much. A lot can happen in that time frame.

Would love to play an AP game and add one in the future. Can’t live on Stern alone.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

18 months for my ACNC! I'll never do that again. Waaay too long of a wait for me.

18 months is insane. That is a huge wait time, especially in that time frame how many pins will come out. This hobby moves so fast.

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I like the Spooky peeps and enjoy their games except RZ but it says a lot about the current pinball market that all those games sold out in 4 hours with no gameplay footage or any opportunity for actual hands-on play plus you have to wait at least 6 months and maybe as long as 2 years to get your game. Congratulations and more power to them for being able to do this but it's still pretty crazy in a hobby that was down to one manufacturer putting out stripped-down pretty crappy games not that long ago.

It is crazy that people will throw down $9k for a game that they haven’t seen being played, not hear any music, all the call outs, and if the upper playfields slow the game down at all. Man I don’t have enough blind faith to put the money down.

3 months later
#1000 2 years ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Again, appreciate the enthusiasm but this doesn't look professional-grade. Terrific for a homebrew, but expect more for a mass-produced game costing $8k+.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah it looks rough. If Stern released this would you guys be praising the artwork and the Odin sculpt and paint application? I honestly don’t think you would or think $8300 plus shipping and tax where applicable. This is not a step forward for them in my opinion, especially after GZ just released. GZ pro is an awesome game especially for $6600. You can still buy all of AP’s games and the resale market on them is not that good.

6 months later
#1362 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

A wide body edition of Houdini could be awesome.
Everything is already developed and this would fix the problem with the super tight shots.
I’d buy one. I think the theme is great, the look is awesome but I’m way not in the skill league required to have fun with it unfortunately.

This is the reason why I never looked really hard into buying a Houdini. I heard the shots are really tight and I am not that good either.

9 months later
#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Recent Stern Pros have been quite trimmed down in general play field features. It seems their pros keep getting skimpier and skimpier when you compare them to old Pros which had more toys and playfield features. AP even entry level stuff feels pretty complete out the package feature wise.

Bond pro was not trimmed down bad. On that one the pro is the way to go. Especially considering the price from a pro to a premium now. Not worth the cost.

#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

And a great font, whatever that font is it very clearly associates with "campy space theme". Maybe it's cause of the Jetsons? Font experts please weigh in

I think more akin to the 1930’s Flash Gordon with definite Jetsons in there. Artwork gives me a Flash Gordon vibe. But AP needs a good licensed theme already and a price point at $7500 to notch away at Stern.

Another missed opportunity. Especially with Foo Fighters coming out with an actual amazing teaser trailer and Scooby Doo. Should have released an actual trailer.

3671C8B5-870C-4915-8155-7B5CC75B1383 (resized).jpeg3671C8B5-870C-4915-8155-7B5CC75B1383 (resized).jpeg6006C7BA-7011-4206-8432-097B76467AD9 (resized).jpeg6006C7BA-7011-4206-8432-097B76467AD9 (resized).jpegF564397B-4FAE-4AD8-96C8-D0E6BEEDD070 (resized).jpegF564397B-4FAE-4AD8-96C8-D0E6BEEDD070 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2344 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Scooby Doo standard is $7800 and is pretty packed at that price point with full RGB, upper playfield, drop target banks, etc. Just basic black powder coat and no sculpts but all the game play elements are still there. I'll grant you that they probably don't have too many orders for these as most have opted for the $9.8K CE or $8800 BSE but if they can do a game at that price point I don't know why AP can't. At 13K you'd better have one hell of a license to pull in sales because no matter how many times people say they want unlicensed games they don't sell at any respectable quantity compared to a great licensed one.

That’s why I don’t get AP. They need a killer licensed theme to really push them forward. Sorry, Hot Wheels is not a killer theme and personally my daughters and I hated it. I would love a Houdini but no way would I buy new when the used market for it is really soft even when used prices went crazy on most pins. AP pins did not.

I am still scratching my head they went with GTF. And if their BOM is $8k and they loaded one they are screwed. That means the other versions are going to be so stripped of the rumor is true. They really are missing an opportunity to undercut Stern and JJP prices, but they need a killer theme.

Sorry GTF is not it.

1 month later
#2566 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Plus they sold 2000 but make 20 games a week so they are busy for next 2 years

No way they sold that many. Maybe to distributers, but I doubt it.

3 months later
#2639 8 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

The themes you mention weren't aimed soley at children/weren't childish. They are just themes from the past.
Scooby do, and all these other childrens shows were aimed at children and are childish.
I'm not saying it's wrong, merely that i don't understand the nostalgia.
The world is a better place and our culture has grown, not only have i become older and matured somewhat, the world has made progress.
The 70's/80's band themes are another thing, i know people who still only listen to music from their youth.
It's another thing i'll never understand as music has moved on from led zep/deep purple/pink floyd. Loved them as a youth, never listen now as there is so much great, new music.
Not saying anyone is right or wrong, i just don't get the attraction to nostalgia.

Scooby is far from childish and I own the pin. If it was it would not still have fans since 1967 spanning many generations. You need to recognize what a an actual childish cartoon is like Muppet Babies or Care Bears. My children watched them when they were childish.

6 months later
#3624 63 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Seems like someone who wants to run a pinball company would be better off going their own way to start a new one like Barrels of Fun did instead of paying for AP. I can’t see there being much additional value to pay for in the AP brand and catalog of past AP games (or for any games in development).

Would be like buying the company who built the Titanic at this point.

#3781 60 days ago

Could have done a Frankenstein and Dracula pin. They are both in the public domain. Can’t believe they were considering Sherlock Holmes.

1 month later
#4177 27 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

... or a new beginning.

Beginning of the end. They need a licensed theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, MI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.