Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,567 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by northerndude
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,567 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 252.
    #11952 7 months ago

I like to take my time learning the rules by playing rather than reading up in advance. With that being said, just got a NIB JP and kept wondering why I always started with the same paddock. Thought mine was broken or something as a callout kept mentioning the truck directs the path but my truck always pointed left.

After about 10 games I realized there was a rubber band still holding the truck in place….

There was a paper inside saying to remove the foam on the ramp and the zip tie around the helicopter but nothing about the rubber band!

#11953 7 months ago

Nice confession.

#11954 7 months ago

Confess that while I’m in awe of the scenery here in Vancouver (and hikes on the way to Whistler), I’m bored as fuck now and I wish I was back home working on my pin projects.

The weather sure is nice though.

IMG_3813 (resized).jpegIMG_3813 (resized).jpegIMG_3816 (resized).jpegIMG_3816 (resized).jpegIMG_3857 (resized).jpegIMG_3857 (resized).jpeg
    #11955 7 months ago

Careful Swamp, Prime Rambo territory there.

#11956 7 months ago

Did I find the secret hideout?

#11957 7 months ago

I confess that the game I play the most on my collection is Transformers. I love it.

#11958 7 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that while I’m in awe of the scenery here in Vancouver (and hikes on the way to Whistler), I’m bored as fuck now and I wish I was back home working on my pin projects.
    The weather sure is nice though.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My girlfriend flew home from Vancouver yesterday after a 3 week vacation through Alaska and the Yukon, she said it was beautiful.

#11959 7 months ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

I like to take my time learning the rules by playing rather than reading up in advance.

I do the same thing. I'll usually play at least a week or 2 before I look at the rules. Sometimes I never even bother. Admittedly there are probably things I've never seen in games because of it, but I don't think I miss much. I've read the rules for Godzilla but to be honest half that shit still goes in one ear and out the other. I can't be referring to an instruction manual in the middle of a game.

I used to do the same w albums when I'd buy one - listen to them for a while before I read the lyrics.

#11960 7 months ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

I confess that the game I play the most on my collection is Transformers. I love it.

Transformers is an awesome game, especially the pro model. Incredibly flowy.

#11961 7 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

My girlfriend flew home from Vancouver yesterday after a 3 week vacation through Alaska and the Yukon, she said it was beautiful.

Not invited?

#11962 7 months ago

hey snowy_owl

Hows your shed build going? I cant seem to find the thread because unfortunately Im on my phone

#11963 7 months ago

She had the trip planned w a friend before we were together -

#11964 7 months ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

hey snowy_owl
    Hows your shed build going? I cant seem to find the thread because unfortunately Im on my phone

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hoping-to-build-buy-a-workshop-how-small-can-i-get-away-with

#11965 7 months ago

Thanks! Thread showed up as unvisited, I must have fat fingered when drunk or something.. These damn phones

#11966 7 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

She had the trip planned w a friend before we were together -

"friend" Nah, just fucking with you.

#11967 7 months ago

Confess it was half cool for our little backwater market to have 5 pinball manufacturing legends in one room over the weekend at Pinfest Newcastle.

Jersey Jack and Gary Stern were eyeing each other off against the room and between them were Mike from Homepin and Damain and Marty from Haggis.
    David Hankin was also wandering around somewhere, but i didn't spot him this year.

#11968 7 months ago

Confess I wish there were more places around here that served deep dish Chicago pizza, for whatever reason most places just have New York style pizza, and I like variety.

#11969 7 months ago

Confess had I known that the last Windows update would mess me up from printing documents, I would have taken this computer offline, and bought another one to be online to goof off here.

Confess I am so glad that I took the older computer offline long ago, Word still works fine and prints fine on that computer.

#11970 7 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I wish there were more places around here that served deep dish Chicago pizza, for whatever reason most places just have New York style pizza, and I like variety.

I've never had deep dish pizza. I haven't noticed anyone in my area who actually serves it. I also haven't really intentionally sought it out either.

#11971 7 months ago

I have many many pinballs... and I want more.

#11972 7 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess had I known that the last Windows update would mess me up from printing documents, I would have taken this computer offline, and bought another one to be online to goof off here.
    Confess I am so glad that I took the older computer offline long ago, Word still works fine and prints fine on that computer.

try uninstalling/reinstalling the driver to get the printer working again; i have to do that with my 14ish yr old laser printer every so often bc windows updates breaks it. believe it or not, i still have a flatbed photo scanner from about 25 yrs ago that still works (was real nice for the time and still makes great scans). i learned all the driver tricks over the years to keep it working in windows.

#11973 7 months ago

i liked it when only freaks, weirdos, and outlaws were the predominant demographic. Pinbros are sucking the creativity and danger out of the once fringe hobby. The overt focus on IFPA tournament points is slowly deteriorating my decades love affair with pinball.

#11974 7 months ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

i liked it when only freaks, weirdos, and outlaws were the predominant demographic. Pinbros are sucking the creativity and danger out of the once fringe hobby. The overt focus on IFPA tournament points is slowly deteriorating my decades love affair with pinball.

I felt the same way when Metallica started getting played on the radio.

#11975 7 months ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

Quoted from pinzrfun:

I felt the same way when Metallica started getting played on the radio.

hahahhaha

exactly

#11976 7 months ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

Wtf is a pinbro?

#11977 7 months ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Wtf is a pinbro?

Guys who are younger than us and play better than us.

#11978 7 months ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Wtf is a pinbro?

The guy with a handlebar mustache and drinking a PBR

#11979 7 months ago

Confess I’m making my first “trip” to Toronto on Tuesday. Been through the airport a couple times. Wifey heading to Mississauga for a two day conference. So I’m tagging along and getting to my first Blue Jays games. Quick in and out. Should be a nice short and sweet one.

#11980 7 months ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Quick in and out. Should be a nice short and sweet one.

That's about all I need anymore.

#11981 7 months ago

Confess I’m making my first “trip” to Toronto on Tuesday. Been through the airport a couple times. Wifey heading to Mississauga for a two day conference. So I’m tagging along and getting to my first Blue Jays games. Quick in and out. Should be a nice short and sweet one.

How long you in town? You staying in Mississauga or otherwise?

Drop me a pm

#11982 7 months ago

I confess I'm glad the "Future NIB Price" meme-a-thon thread was closed...no matter how hard i tried not to, I kept going back in there to see when the idiocy would finally end.....guy then started another thread about why the first one was closed, and that one was quickly shut down too, thank god.

i'm not perfect.

#11983 7 months ago

Confess i never saw it.

I go a week often without opening anything except 'Topics you have viewed'.

#11984 7 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I go a week often without opening anything except 'Topics you have viewed'.

I usually go into "Topics in which you posted" to see what's new, window shop in the Marketplace, then call it a day on Pinside.

#11985 7 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess I'm glad the "Future NIB Price" meme-a-thon thread was closed...no matter how hard i tried not to, I kept going back in there to see when the idiocy would finally end.....guy then started another thread about why the first one was closed, and that one was quickly shut down too, thank god.
    i'm not perfect.

I kept peeking in waiting for cooler more rational heads to prevail. There was a small contingent that kept egging him on so it just never stopped. The same jokers keep popping up in other threads rehashing the same tired statements. I just stop reading when it gets too stupid and check back in a few days later.

#11986 7 months ago

I’m addicted to Temu. FML.

#11987 7 months ago
    Quoted from prl867:

Is that like an Amazon or AliExpress?

#11988 7 months ago

Appears to be, yes - i already have 2 things in a cart and I've only been on there 5 minutes....

#11989 7 months ago

It’s a blend of AliExpress and Wish. But cheaper than both.

#11991 7 months ago

I don’t give a crap about “sustainability”. I don’t recycle. I drive a gas guzzler. And I miss the smoking section at McDonald’s.

#11992 7 months ago
    Quoted from prl867:

I don’t give a crap about “sustainability”. I don’t recycle. I drive a gas guzzler. And I miss the smoking section at McDonald’s.

I recycle, but I’m pretty sure 90% of it ends up in a landfill. When I was in Vancouver, they had 3-4 different recycling bins, which makes a lot more sense to me. It eliminates the cost of sorting.

Did you keep some of those aluminum ashtrays from McDonalds? Those were cool, bet they’re worth some money now.

#11993 7 months ago
    Quoted from prl867:

Been buying chocolate molds and fancy brownie packaging for ages.

Was telling my mate and he's addicted too, say's he plays video games on their site to get 'free gifts'.

https://www.temu.com/au

Tell em punkin sent ya, i'll get a fee gift most likely.

#11994 7 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I recycle, but I’m pretty sure 90% of it ends up in a landfill. When I was in Vancouver, they had 3-4 different recycling bins, which makes a lot more sense to me. It eliminates the cost of sorting.

Some towns near me have special recycling trucks (with separate compartments for each type of recyclable) that go around and pick up recyclables separately from trash.

The town I'm in now doesn't do that, though. Everything just ends up in "single stream recycling" dumpsters. Supposedly everything gets separated and sorted at the trash facility, but who knows.

Some establishments have separate garbage cans for cans, plastic bottles, paper, and trash, but I've seen custodians just emptying those all in the same dumpster anyway.

#11995 7 months ago

This and HEP are the only two threads I routinely read. Sometimes the game room photos thread but that just fills me with a rageful envy.

#11996 7 months ago

I spent ten minutes just standing, watching a turf war between two spiders in my bathroom today.

Just couldn't look away.

It ended with a good fleeing.

#11997 7 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Did you keep some of those aluminum ashtrays from McDonalds? Those were cool, bet they’re worth some money now.

Funny you mention that. I indeed do have a small collection of ashtrays from places that many forget embraced smoking at one time.

The Sizzler
    Taco Bell
    Mcdonalds
    Dennys
    Coco’s
    Spoons
    Zippy’s
    Black Angus
    Tony Roma’s

And my personal favorite, Legoland.

#11998 7 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m 1/2 hr east of Vancouver, and we have the same thing. Blue for recyclables, black for garbage, and green for organics. It sucks w the organics in the summertime thou, as my townhouse strata says we have to leave them in the garage-it can get pretty fn stinky w the warm weather..I always carry febreeze in the garage

#11999 7 months ago

This weeks weird televised sport.

Rice Tractor Drag Racing

#12000 7 months ago

More like wish dot com

There are 12,567 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/240 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.