Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,483 posts
  • 719 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg
    Pulp_Fiction_hype_thread._Chicago_Gaming_Pinside.com_-_2023-12-30_04.58.05 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5949 (resized).jpeg

There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 250.
    #1 10 years ago

I keep RFM mostly because it's the perfect size for where it is (in front of a doorway).
    When I suck at pinball for several days in a row, I start moving my outlane posts in.
    I put stronger coils in LOTR because I'm not very good at hitting the ring, Legolas or Aragorn.

#2 10 years ago

All my pins are set to 10 balls per game.

#3 10 years ago

I like all the games you hate.....

#4 10 years ago

I trade games before I know how to actually play them.

#5 10 years ago

I enjoy playing Popeye

#6 10 years ago

When I sell a game, I never tell the buyer why I don't like it anymore. Let them figure it out for themselves.

[EDIT: of course, I do point out issues with my specific example. But I'm not going to tell the buyer that Buzz and Bud give me nightmares.]

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #8 10 years ago

I dont actually own any pinball machines

#9 10 years ago

I enjoy Star Wars: Wpisode 1

#10 10 years ago

Most of my high scores were earned with the glass off.

#11 10 years ago

A few months back, I set LOTR to 5 ball because I got tired of hearing how awesome TABA was without ever being good enough on 3 ball to see it for myself.

At least I didn't take the glass off!

#12 10 years ago

I have seen Bryan Kelly's legs........and balls.

#13 10 years ago

My teenage son frequently beats me, and he doesn't even like pinball.

I once used the Tag system to make a funny.

#14 10 years ago

Somedays I think about trading my WH2O for a whole wall of EMs

I really don't enjoy playing MM AFM MET or TRON all that much. I keep trying, just doesn't click with me.

#15 10 years ago

I enjoy playing Hardbody.

#16 10 years ago

I am not really incognito. You all know me. Then again, maybe that DOES make me incognito?

#17 10 years ago

I polish my balls.

#20 10 years ago

I like turtles

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I keep RFM mostly because it's the perfect size for where it is (in front of a doorway).

LOL me too...I mean, I keep RFM cuz I love it...but it's in a spot where a normal pin couldn't fit so, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of it for another game.

#22 10 years ago

I prefer No Fear over Medieval Madness.

#23 10 years ago

Some people love it, but I still cringe when I think about the ball hitting the glass on WhiteWater, and I haven't owned the game in over a year.

I broke three teeth when I tried to eat the Gumball out of my old Twilight Zone.

There's this set of lights in town, and they only cycle when pedestrians hit the crossing buttons. I've thrown the vehicle in park a few times, jumped out, hit the pedestrian crossing to stop traffic, then jumped back in my vehicle and driven away...

Luke

#24 10 years ago

I could have had Tron LE for ~$5500, but cancelled my order cuz I didn't like the movie...

#25 10 years ago

I once made a wire gate (the swinging part of a one way gate) out of a paper clip.

#26 10 years ago

I habitually walked three miles into town to play pinball. But never in the snow. I may be obsessed, but I am not insane.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

I once made a wire gate (the swinging part of a one way gate) out of a paper clip.

MacGyverism at it's finest! I did that once, too.

#28 10 years ago

Oh, and on a daily basis, I try to revive a two year old for sale thread by asking if the game is still available.

Luke

#29 10 years ago

Sadly, I admit to being addicted to Pinside. I am hooked. It is a very easy to use during quiet time at the house. Oh and yes I Pinside alone.

#30 10 years ago

My Whitewater sat dismantled for almost a year because I have no prior experience in soldering and feared ruining it before I acquire skills while not working on acquiring those skills in the mean time. It turned out, no soldering was necessary.

#31 10 years ago

I talk about pinball (on Pinside) more than I play

#32 10 years ago

I lie about rule sets to friends who ask for tips on a game.

#33 10 years ago

I don't even know what a wizard mode is for real...

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL me too...I mean, I keep RFM cuz I love it...but it's in a spot where a normal pin couldn't fit so, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of it for another game.

You're cheating...That's not a confession! That's common sense...

#35 10 years ago

I have disconnected the tilt mechanism on my White Water

#36 10 years ago

My wife sometimes beats me at pinball when we play two player.

#37 10 years ago

I occasionally pay a dominatrix to come over and dominate my games, since I can't seem to get the job done sometimes. Pinball is meant to be played, and I insist on the best.

#38 10 years ago

I have ball save activated on all my pins (except Paragon).

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I enjoy Star Wars: Wpisode 1

I own star wars episode 1.

#40 10 years ago

I really, truly have always wanted to enjoy Twilight Zone, yet I like it less every single time I play it.

#41 10 years ago

I once bought a game on my wife's birthday, then had to explain that it was just a freak coincidence that it showed up for sale at that time.

I have a box full of little toys that I bought for my LOTR.

#42 10 years ago

I wish I had never sold my Monopoly. I miss you, rich uncle Pennybags!

Also, I am jealous of people that have much better paying jobs that can afford to buy any and every machine they fancy.

#43 10 years ago

My wife helps me load/unload pins from her suv. I drive a car.

#44 10 years ago

Some of my pins have error messages and credit dots that I have not dealt with because I am lazy.
    Some of my pins have issues that I have diagnosed and purchased parts to repair, but have not repaired yet because I am lazy.

#45 10 years ago

I actually think it's a sweet pickup line to tell chicks I have a whole whack of pinball machines. Surprisingly, my wife doesn't get jealous about this line.

#46 10 years ago

I play my gottliebs more than my sterns and williams

#47 10 years ago

I have a few insert lights out on a couple of games, and I just can't be bothered to fix them...

#48 10 years ago

I am Frank Further

JK

#49 10 years ago

Cabinet fade and scratches don't bother me in the slightest

#50 10 years ago

I got a few:

I haven't touched my pins in about 3 month but I check pinside almost daily.

I sold a real nice wh2o two years ago for 2.5k because I didn't like the music.

My hs2 came without tilt plumb bob, and it's still missing.

I use my wife's minivan as a pin hauler.

I set my games to 5 balls.

I think pinball is a great hobby but some guys take it a little too far...

There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.