Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,501 posts
  • 720 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryguy80.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5366 2 years ago

Confession: I’m in the process of purchasing a pitch-and-bat before my first standard pin.

2 weeks later
    #5504 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

But the Williams are better machines?

That is a fact.

1 week later
    #5582 2 years ago

I confess I got into pinball at home at the wrong time. With all the work to find the right games in the right condition at current market prices, on top of waiting for shopped games to be finished, I feel burned out. Maybe things will change once I actually have machines in the house to play.

1 month later
    #5978 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

On Discovery I watch Deadliest Catch and Gold Rush, but I could miss those also and never look back.

You can get those shows by subscribing to Discovery+ for $7/month. Deadliest Catch episodes actually premiered a week early on Discovery+ and then are aired on Discovery.

#5981 2 years ago

Does that work on my TV? I refuse to watch anything on a tiny phone screen.
    I am glad that new options are coming along.
    If the summer leaves on the trees do not mess up my free antenna channels, I am almost good.
    Free channel numbers are weird, they all have a - like 11-2, etc.

If you have a newer TV that has built-in apps, there my be a Discovery+ app that will allow to watch on the big screen.

#5998 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

Oh, a thread where I am eligible to post!!!
    I confess that I terribly neglected my pinball hobby and let my TZ, IJ, CV and LOTR collect dust for about 20 years and just realized again what awesome machines they are! They are really amazing, powered up as if two decades didn’t happen and only needed new rubbers!

I'll buy your IJ for what prices were 20 years ago...

#6005 2 years ago

I don’t know what Wordle is, nor do I care.

#6047 2 years ago

I confess I thought I would be more excited about being a recent first-time pinball owner. Maybe it will come with time. There’s an anxiety component of not knowing what I am doing yet. Maybe it’s also the wife feels obligated to play now because of the price tag on machines rather than it’s fun to play.

1 week later
    #6146 2 years ago

I confess that when I first started looking at the market here 6 or so years ago, I noticed people selling NIB games for a good profit, that they had most likely just bought and held a while as an investment.
    Confess there is no way I could do that; I love playing pinball and I would have to open the box and play the game.

Agreed. Pinball is meant to be enjoyed, not "ooh, look at the pretty lights", or "that's a sweet looking cardboard box".

#6147 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I confess, I’m on Pinside ALL day and most of the night. It fills my day of waiting to meet up with contractors, fire inspectors and engineers. I find that most people are the same! Outside of the retirees, how is everyone else on like I am?

I confess I'm probably checking Pinside too much, but it gives me something to divert my attention while working from home. I suppose after a while I'll get bored and move onto something else. Being a newb owner, I can't offer much help to others for fixing their games and when my games are working fine, there's no help to be sought after.

#6156 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boscoe64:

I worry that Godzilla will bring us in to an era where every designer will focus on cool swoosh/flowy shots for the next several years at the expense at other design elements.

Stern needs to focus on QC too. A $10k+ machine shouldn't show playfield wear after 24 hours of use.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/77#post-6794750

2 weeks later
    #6401 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

That's just some puddin

I confess I do not want chocolate pudding for a long time.

#6451 2 years ago

I confess when I read an exchange about how someone is new to pinball ownership and someone else comments that the number of owned machines will eventually multiply, I snicker to myself, "Do you realize how much these damn things cost now?"

#6501 2 years ago

Confess that sometimes the store that has the best price on Natty still runs out from time to time.

I confess I've never had a Natty in my life, so I don't know what I'm missing (or not missing).

#6533 2 years ago

I confess the last 2 nights we did not play any pinball machines

Don’t worry Johnny, I haven’t touched a pinball machine in 4 or 5 days now. I’m closer to banishment than you are.

#6580 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I haven't played pinball in weeks. Too busy with other stuff. A friend of my wife's stopped by for happy hour last week and I watched her flip a few games. Was really impressed at her skills and reaction time. She didn't flip the flippers together at the same time and when I said to hit the ramp she did it. She hadn't played pinball since the 80s. And she's 60.

My wife likes to play both flippers together and she thinks having the flipper buttons pushed in all the time somehow prevents more ball drains and will trap the ball easier. I think I would rather sell my lone machine than do a flipper rebuild every 100 plays...

#6662 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess i didnt have my first beer til i was 19

I didn’t have my first beer until after college. Once I got my degree, then I figured I can party and have all the fun I want. Also, I didn’t do well in high school because I screwed around too much and not focused on academics, so I barely got accepted into a four-year university. I wanted to prove to myself that I can do better.

#6699 1 year ago

Also I confess that when I first started looking around in the forum here long ago, one of the first things that caught my eye was the Who Likes Beer thread, and I said Hell Yeah!

I confess I like that Pinside isn't 100% about pinball and you can shoot the breeze about other topics.

#6700 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I confess when I hear Hell Yeah, I hear that song Redneck Woman.

I confess I hear the WWF's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's voice whenever I hear a "Hell Yeah!"

1 week later
    #6795 1 year ago

There are not many things I enjoy more than playing pinball, but catching fish is one of those things that I do enjoy more, even if I am just goofing off and throwing everything back, or giving them away.

Fishing is my jam too, particularly ice fishing. I love the challenge that goes into studying a lake and trying to find the right area drill holes to catch fish. Enjoy the solitude and the noise of the wind whistle off the lake or ruffling against the side of the shelter. Great way to pass time up here in the Upper Midwest, or the Ice Belt as they call it.

#6886 1 year ago

I find TAF more fun to play than Funhouse. If I have 10 credits and these two machines to choose from, 9 are used on TAF.

#6934 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I very rarely get into arguments on pinside. People have their own opinions, good or bad, there's not much we can do to change them. I find I browse a few threads and stay away from most trending ones. To me pinball and pinside is meant to be fun, and not add stress in my life

I let people have their opinions too, whether I agree or not. Applies to all social media platforms as well. Unless someone takes some personal shots, I won't go back and forth. Life is too short to be arguing with someone I'll likely never cross paths with in person.

#7044 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Tastes like I bought them yesterday.
    K cups have a respectable shelf life. I just looked at a 120 pack I got from Costco just over a year ago. Their “best by” date is July 2023 and it’s the Kirkland brand so it’s not the fancy stuff either.
    I only drink 1 cup per day so those big fancy brewers are not for me.
    1) they have magnetic pump valves that leak and rust.
    2) the water would sit for days which is kind of creepy
    3) I don’t need hot water on standby for a follow up cup.
    Here’s my little work horse I don’t think it was more than $60 or $80 but I could be off with todays prices.[quoted image]

I confess to owning a Keurig, but not using it for coffee. We love ours for the hot cocoa and hot apple cider K cups.

#7046 1 year ago

I confess if May doesn't warm up in our area (it's only been 60 degrees or above twice this year according to our backyard weather station), it will be time to start looking at homes down south for sale. My wife took a bunch of kids to Nashville on a school trip before Easter and loved it. These 9 month winters are for the birds.

#7068 1 year ago

Confess sometimes I just give upvotes all the time, when I actually have no clue what in the hell I am upvoting.
    Confess I am pretty happy and content at the moment, (and drunk), so all good!
    I hope all of you have a great week!

I confess to upvoting your post Johnny because you said you were drunk.

#7103 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Confess I’m going to take one step towards the old man cliche and start studying for a ham radio operator license. Anyone else into this? I check pinside and saw 3 threads which are very inactive. Those that did post mentioned they are not active either haha.

I got a technician license for use as a Skywarn spotter. I don't really use ham radio for other than reporting on severe weather conditions. The test is pretty easy, basic understanding of electronics/radio theory is all you need to pass it.

To put a pinball spin on this, that's why Whirlwind is my grail game.

#7136 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

It just occurred to me that my son does this every night with Discord. It’s not just text now, they talk to each other. He’s up until 5am talking to people from all over the world. I guess if that was around when I was 23, I’d be doing the same thing.

I confess I have not heard of Discord before.

2 weeks later
    #7268 1 year ago

I don't do the Doordash and Uber Eats stuff either, but have done pizza delivery (from the store that made the pizza) in the past. It feels lazy and I snicker at those that use it for fast food (McDonald's, etc.). Here's your cold burger and fries, 30 or more minutes later...

#7269 1 year ago

I confess with the May warm up in temperatures, pinball has gone on the back burner. Once we are back to nine months of cold, crappy weather, I'll think more about pinball again.

2 weeks later
    #7407 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm really enjoying a frosty sunkist this morning. In fact i might just have another.
    [quoted image]

I love orange soda as a nice change of pace from the regular colas when I don’t want something alcoholic.

Tahitian Treat is also another great alternative.

#7498 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’ve never been on Facebook, twitter, instagram or any social media other than pinside and reddit

If I could do things over again, I'd go this route...lol. Seems like now there's little that people agree on and it's just a place where people go to be combative. Also, people seem to get their jollies from trolling and being a contrarian for the sake of being one.

#7612 1 year ago
    Quoted from freakandgeek:

I confess that for the first time seriously considering leaving the USA for good.

I confess I watch the YouTube videos where people are walking around city streets of different countries filming what they see. Kind of gives you a taste of what other countries are like. Makes you feel like you are there if able to watch in 4K. Have watched Stockholm, Sweden and Tokyo, Japan so far.

#7633 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I’m ready to forgive my sod installer. His crew came back today to install a riverbed to help with our erosion problem, and they knocked it out of the park. It’s about 60 feet long.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was surprised to see adults in the photo for the rock. It looked like the sod was installed by a team of six year olds.

#7642 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Everyone loves the Amish!

They seem to not have a care in the world. There are some Amish homesteads just a few miles up the road from home. They would be out working in their field, but would take time to pause what they are doing to turn and wave as I drive by on a county road. If they are in their horse buggy on the road and we cross paths, more often than not I would get a friendly wave. Last winter, I was impressed how they would rig their horses up to a plow to clear snow off a driveway as I quipped to myself, "Now there's some horsepower!" #dadjokes

#7726 1 year ago

I confess when checking Pinside forums every fourth or fifth day instead of daily, it can be overwhelming to catchup on all the threads I follow.

2 weeks later
    #8022 1 year ago

I confessed I haven't logged in a few weeks (my Pinside "pulse" makes me look I am dead now) and saw 275 new messages in this thread. I skipped ahead to the last couple pages and called it good.

3 months later
    #9539 1 year ago

Confess to this day, when I see a snake very close to me, it still startles me, and I may swear a tad.
    But now I am not afraid of snakes, and I have helped to save some.
    As far as saving snakes, recently I seen someone grab a shovel and moving fast, and I knew most likely a snake was involved.
    I ran over, and said what is going on? After a snake?
    The answer was yes, and it was so funny, that snake was harmless, and afraid, and curled up in a corner trying to hide, and after a few minutes of me being close to it and explaining this snake is good, it will get rid of rats and stuff, and the fact it does not even have fangs, or poison, that snake relaxed and went on about its way.

My wife is terrified of snakes, seeing them in-person or even on video. She has to cover her eyes during the snake scenes in Indiana Jones when we watch it together. I asked her about it one time, I think the phobia started when she was forced to touch a snake at a zoo as a child. Can't recall from the story if the snake was alive or not.

#9621 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Maybe I should stick to arcades. Again haven't played in years. Even finished on a even number.
    [quoted image]

I confess I enjoy playing Ms. Pac-Man, but no expert. My personal best is around 60k. I got the Namco bartop 20 year anniversary Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga. It’s a nice change up from playing the silver ball when I want to play something different. As far as Galaga goes, my best is around 105k. Mine has the ROM glitch where the 100,000 digit isn’t saved in the high score when the machine is powered down.

1 week later
    #9704 1 year ago

I like Bond films but confess the new Bond machine from Stern seems underwhelming based what I have seen from Internet streams. Maybe that feeling will change actually playing the machine once they are in the wild, but the playfield layout seems bland, and it lacks in-game personality. Make me feel like I'm Bond while playing. The Bond clips on the LCD screen don't add much to it, but I know it's still unfinished. Who Dunnit? makes me feel like a detective and it had a DMD, so it can be done. Add to the fact it's about $10k for the Premium flavor (not that I was planning to drop that kind of coin anyway), it seems so unsatisfying.

1 week later
    #9818 1 year ago

I feel Cyber Monday deals were kind of duds. I know some of that is attributed to lingering supply chain issues. Perhaps there were deals on stuff I wasn't particularly shopping for.

#9819 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Confess I really enjoyed the USA beating Iran in the world cup to advance. Go USA

That was the most nail biting futbol I'm seen in a while.

6 months later
    #11624 9 months ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Confess Fall is my favorite season. Cooling off from the hot summer, leaves changing colors, days getting shorter, the smell of fallen leaves.

As I get older, I appreciate fall more too. Watching the leaves change color, not getting torched by the sun/heat every day, bonfires, no mosquitoes, you name it.

1 month later
    #11759 8 months ago

“Are you going to see Barbie or Oppenheimer?”

Confession: Neither. Both trailers did nothing for me.

3 weeks later
    #11852 7 months ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I am the IT department at my work and had to make adjustment to firewall so Pinside was good to go.

I'm actually surprised I can log onto Pinside with my work computer. Typically, gaming sites/blogs are blocked on mine.

2 weeks later
    #11934 6 months ago

Confess I hate Microsoft.
    Thanks again for telling me about Libre Office long ago, I loved that program.
    Now I cannot print anything from there, when I click print, I only get a pop-up from Microsoft wanting to me to start paying them for that feature.
    I just downloaded Libre again, hoping it would work, nope, cannot print anything.
    Confess I am glad I still have my old computer, and I haven't plugged it into the internet in a few years now, and I can still use it to print. I will never plug that computer into the internet again and take a chance of things I have always used becoming unusable. Glad I took it off the internet when I did.

I confess I’m getting tired of the Windows and Microsoft world and made the switch to Mac. Part of that is bitterness with the strict system requirements for Windows 11, which I was able to bypass anyway and install the upgrade from Windows 10. However, the random notice about the machine being unsupported still pops up now and then.

2 weeks later
    #11984 6 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I go a week often without opening anything except 'Topics you have viewed'.

I usually go into "Topics in which you posted" to see what's new, window shop in the Marketplace, then call it a day on Pinside.

#12023 6 months ago

I generally like 80s music, but yeah, that one isn't at the top of the list.

Ta-da-da-ta, ta-da-da-ta, ta-da-da-ta, ta-da-da-ta

#12037 6 months ago

I'm tired of being reminded every 15 minutes that Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift are in a relationship.

#12051 6 months ago

I confess I don't understand the Kevin James meme that is circulating around the Internets.

3 months later
    #12373 69 days ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I confess I still hear people say "be safe" like they were during covid, and it's like wtf, ok, I won't go catch covid, or has this become a generaliozed thing to say all the time? I find it annoying

I hear it before going out ice fishing, but that's about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryguy80.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.