Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowy_owl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1703 4 years ago

I have no pinball machines ...yet

3 weeks later
    #1793 4 years ago

I honestly hate data east pinball machines.

#1803 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess I am still a kid and check coin return slots.

Me too.

5 months later
    #2330 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

First confession:
    I want to put my tough games on five ball and/or raise the ball save, but I know the game would never look at me the same. I'd feel so cheap, I'd have to sell it.
    Second confession:
    I swear at IMDN in the tone of a prison fighter, with anunciated, spitt-filled cusses. "Ohhh, cheap drain." "FUCK yourself you fuckin' cunt fuck!" Thinking "I wish I could just smash the fucking glass and get it over with."
    Wife from upstairs: "Heeeeeey!"
    Later that night: "Iron Maiden is my favourite game. It's sooo challenging in a good way."

That's how I am with a lot of games

2 months later
    #2401 3 years ago

True.

I confess that I am about useless when it comes to trying to help with any technical advice

Me too!

I try to help entertain and make pinsiders laugh.

You do. I definitely laugh in the funny captions thread. Appreciate it.

Now - I confess that I love cheesy puns, even though I can never make good ones myself. Always gets me an eye roll when I tell one.

#2407 3 years ago

And I confess that my 100% favorite topic on Pinside is Dogs Rule!

It's a great thread, isn't it?

I confess that I am glad Pinside has rules and moderators.

Agreed.

Confession: I lurk in more topics than I actually post in. Am I the only one?

#2410 3 years ago

I confess I have 100% zero social media. I know, I live in the stone age.

#2413 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Seems a funny thing to post on a social media forum.

True. Good point.

#2419 3 years ago

I confess that I don't own a cat but I still enjoy looking at the cats and pinballs thread as well.

#2435 3 years ago

I confess that I hate my phone and internet company. Internet goes out for hours almost every week for no apparent reason.

1 week later
    #2458 3 years ago

I confess I don't really read these long blurbs here. I just kinda skim over it, then upvote it.

#2459 3 years ago

I also confess that I have never once in my life used amazon. Seriously.

#2477 3 years ago
    Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I used to own an Adams Family and sold it because I thought the shots sucked.

The shots on TAF don't suck, but its definitely an overrated game, imo.

#2504 3 years ago

I confess that I have a bad habit of deathsaving

#2548 3 years ago

I confess I still am not very good at typing. If I try to be fast then I end up being sloppy. If I try not to be sloppy, I take a long time. Thank god for autocorrect.

#2554 3 years ago

I confess I still like to read comics such as calvin and hobbes, garfield, etc. I am still a kid.

#2556 3 years ago

Very thankful not to be living in California right now. Sounds like hell. Literally. My heart goes out to all the firefighters and people that have lost so much in these fires. 2020 sucks out loud.

#2588 3 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

I confess that I want Elwin to make a shallow game like MB. All of these rules make me tired! Give me a hit this fun target 5 times and after I hit all of the toys X amount of times - something cool happens. Game are getting too confusing for the casual player.

That's why Batman 66 is such a great game. It can seem very overwhelming at first with all the multipliers and such, but it doesn't need to be complicated. You don't need to pay attention to getting the maximum amount of points, and instead just playing the game because it's fun. Essentially, you hit a shot two times, hit the phone, then shoot the flashing shots. Very simple.

#2637 3 years ago

I confess that I seem to have the opposite problem of @johnnypinball007, with his long posts. No matter how much I try, I never seem to be able to write more than a few lines.

#2639 3 years ago

You are awesome on here Snowy Owl! I have never once read anything but positive posts you have made.

Thanks for the kind words, my friend! Back at ya. I am extremely grateful for your humor and positivity on pinside, I always stop to read your posts whenever I see them. You are one of the nicest people I have met on pinside. Thanks for everything.

#2677 3 years ago

I confess that I don't really give a shit about deeproot anymore. It's not like I hate them, or have a problem with them postponing their game announcement, I just flat out don't care. Especially with all the negativity in the deeproot thread. I'm just going to ignore it and wait until I can play one of their games myself, then see what I think.

#2688 3 years ago

I confess I've been staying up way too late on here lately and need to get my sleep. So...Good Night Pinside! Have a great night. You're awesome. I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully with some stories from LTG and JohnnyPinball007 .

1 week later
    #2731 3 years ago

I confess that I have never once watched a horror movie, because I'm too wimpy, and scary things scare me.

#2743 3 years ago

I really don't know if I believe in ghosts or not. On the one hand, I've never experienced anything to make me not believe in them, but then, I've never experienced anything to make me believe that they do exist. But I do confess that when I hear these accounts, I'm definitely more inclined to believe that they are real. I will say, though, that I do believe that there is something out there which cannot be officially "proven" but nevertheless exists. If that is considered a "ghost" then yes, I guess I do believe in ghosts. Call it what you like.

On a different note, I also confess that I prefer plain old cheese pizza more than having any toppings.
    Also, please excuse me if this does not make sense. I'm still a little sleepy

1 week later
    #2782 3 years ago

I confess that I can't believe that JohnnyPinball007 just wrote a 1 word post. That's gotta be a record.

1 week later
    #2807 3 years ago

I confess that though I trust most people on pinside, I consciously have not put much personal information on this site (name, location etc.)

#2826 3 years ago

https://www.king5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/add-a-ball-amusements-seattle-arcade-finds-a-way-to-play-pinball-touch-free/281-4b76478c-ee01-450e-b72c-75473dc0d51e

I confess that I am thrilled that at least one pinball location in Washington is open. But I also feel that it would be weird to play pinball with ones feet. However, I think it's a great idea, and I am inclined to go give them a little business.

1 week later
    #2835 3 years ago

I confess that I am concerned that I have not seen JohnnyPinball007 on pinside recently. Hope everything is ok, I miss his long posts!

#2857 3 years ago

I confess that every time I see new posts in this thread I think to myself "Oh good, maybe johnnypinball007 is back!"

#2867 3 years ago

I confess that my hand is getting sore trying to catch up on giving thumbs up on here.
    I missed you guys!
    Anyway, my girlfriend has a jacked up keyboard and mouse that I can barely use. It took 30 minutes just to respond to Eric the other day.
    Thanks Eric for posting for me!
    Anyway, I just while ago got internet back. Not sure if I would have got tv back also because I took the tv boxes back last Saturday and cancelled. I am going to try dish now. Gets old trees knocking down lines and they are so damn slow to fix anything.
    I am also working out of town 3 days a week, and all I have is a flip phone, so I will still be spotty for a couple of weeks.
    Yeah, I know, I need a smart phone so I can stay on here, I just prefer typing on my full size computer keyboard.
    Anyway, it is a mess around here. I have damage at one rental house and it is taking forever to get estimates so that I can start all the insurance stuff for repairs.
    But luckily I do not know of any injuries.
    Oh, and yes I was sick, and have since changed my diet, and I am doing fine now.
    I just got back on and went straight here. Has Colsand been back on yet?
    And just popping Natty #3 at the moment.

Frick, sounds rough. Glad you are back and feeling better.

3 weeks later
    #2934 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that i haven't turned the television on in over 5 months.

I confess I don't have a television

1 week later
    #2969 3 years ago

I confess that my internet has been out since sunday and it has sucked not being able to check pinside.

#2996 3 years ago

I confess that I have been in the hobby for six years, and still only have half a pinball machine.

#3003 3 years ago

I confess that I usually recognize pinsiders more by their avatar than by their username.

1 week later
    #3046 3 years ago

I confess that I think that the addams family is extremely overrated.

2 weeks later
    #3117 3 years ago

(anyone seen Snowy Owl lately)? I hope they are ok!

Yes I'm fine. Just been busy!

1 week later
    #3158 3 years ago

I confess that I have not been posting here lately and I am not even sure why. I guess I just don't have anything interesting to talk about.

1 week later
    #3194 3 years ago

I confess that spiders kind of scare me, but I do not have the heart to squish them. I always take them outside in a cup.

1 week later
    #3241 3 years ago

I confess that I love the clunking sound of a ball being ejected into the shooter lane.

2 weeks later
    #3312 3 years ago

I confess that I am not good at meeting new people. I'm an introvert and sometimes get kind of nervous with people I don't know.

1 week later
    #3342 3 years ago

I confess that I'm confused why there are so many people here. Maybe a glitch?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #3376 3 years ago

I confess that I am much nicer to people I don't know than I am to my friends.

I further confess that I can be very productive if I am motivated, but I'm usually not.

1 week later
    #3424 3 years ago

A day or two ago a close relative of mine got very sick. I learned today that they probably about a 20% chance of survival. I don't really think that it's sunk in yet.

20% isn't nothing, though! I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

Docter said that they were in distress, and couldn't give them a sedative because of the brain surgery that they had just received. Hopefully they find some peace soon.

If heaven or some place like it exists, they will be going there, they were a great person. They weren't perfect, but who is, really?

Anyway, sorry for talking about my problems, just needed to vent.

I hope you all have a great evening!

1 week later
    #3435 3 years ago

My avatar got lost when pinside crashed, which sucks because I can't find the picture any more.

But dang, I'm glad pinside is back. I didn't quite realize how hooked I am on pinside until it went out.

#3439 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Is it completely blank right now? And are you on your phone? For me mine is clear on my phone if I login with my laptop everything is fine. I can still see your owl.

Yeah, changed it to something new. It's not a big deal, and I shouldn't complain! Just glad to be back online!

2 weeks later
    #3495 3 years ago

I confess that I'm a pack rat and a sentimental idiot.

I'm not good at keeping anything organized or clean, either. I have so many random (and pretty useless) things lying around that I never use anyway. But, for some reason I still keep all my junk.

I also confess that I am a "visual" person. I know some people that can just do complicated math in their head and come up with an answer in a couple seconds, but I am not like that at all! I think I learn better by seeing, or just by trying things hands on and try to figure it out myself, rather than listening to instructions.

I'm also not good at following instructions.

Actually, I'm not good at a lot of stuff.

2 weeks later
    #3540 2 years ago

I confess that I don't downvote people. If I feel like there is a problem with someone's post or I disagree with what they are saying, I'll just say so and present my argument, rather than just downvote someone.

1 week later
    #3616 2 years ago

I confess that my computer is one of the worst to be had. I really hate it, but I don't want to buy a new one.

#3637 2 years ago

I confess that I tried to upvote JohnnyPinball007 but accidentally hit the downvote button! I was mortified and removed it immediately.

#3661 2 years ago

I confess I'm an idiot.

1 week later
    #3735 2 years ago

I confess that I have not visited pinside in 4-5 days, and there were 51 new posts in this thread. I did a lot of upvoting!

I just came back from paddling around from island to island in a kayak, and the first thing I did when I got home was check pinside. I missed you guys!

I also missed flushing toilets that didn't smell really bad.

I'm really tired and my shoulders kinda hurt, which is a sure sign that I was doing something wrong.

But I still really enjoyed the trip, saw lots of seals and otters. And raccoons. Really cute, and really annoying.

I confess I'm really more of an indoor person, I get nervous when there aren't any fast food chains nearby.

I also confess that I love animals, especially dogs.

1 week later
    #3773 2 years ago

Not to be repetitive, but happy birthday @johnnypinball007!

1 week later
    #3829 2 years ago

JohnnyPinball007 I know you get worried when people are not on pinside for a while, so as per your request a few pages back, I'm letting you know that I may not be visiting pinside regularly for a while. I will probably check in every so often, but not nearly as much as I usually would.

#3848 2 years ago

I ate food from Taco Bell one time.

People always talk about how taco bell food doesn't sit well in their stomachs, and I really can't relate. I guess I have a good breed of stomach.

I confess that taco bell is the only fast food place that I will eat food from. I've never had anything from mcdonalds, burger king, etc.

#3918 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’m behind on pinside PMs
    Need to charge the laptop up so I can respond to them appropriately. I normally visit pinside on my phone.

I confess that I never have PMs to respond to!

#3956 2 years ago

I confess that I can't imagine JohnnyPinball007 getting moderated, even though he says that he has!

I also confess that I hate those urinals that have no walls between them. I also hate those little kiddie ones that are so low to the ground that it's nearly impossible to use.

And while I'm on the subject of toilets, I confess that I also hate automatic toilets which often have a tendency to flush while I am still on them (they flush real loud) and it scares me half to death.

I ran into a funny little truckstop a few days ago where you're allowed and encouraged to write stuff on the wall, which was kind of interesting. A bunch of people had scrawled all over the place, so it was hard to find a place where I could write something. I of course did my part and wrote "PLAY MORE PINBALL!" on the wall.

I confess that I like to talk about random things (as this post illustrates).

I hope everyone has a good and safe fourth of july!

2 weeks later
    #4092 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

I confess I did not look at that picture but I upvoted it anyway.

Quoted from EJS:

Good luck finding a computer that’s still compatible with that too I think windows 98 up to XP was supported.

I confess I have a computer that still runs on XP, and it's incredibly slow. I never use it anyway.

I visited the game terminal in Nashville TN today, and I got to play a lot of games that I haven't been able to play due to the pandemic/no locations near me.
    swampfire I know you really like stanger things, I got to play it for the first time today, and I really enjoyed it! I think I did pretty good on it for a first try? It felt like there was a lot in the game, without it being too complicated.

I also noticed that GNR was $2.00 per play on location, and I'm not surprised at all. With the popularity of that game, it makes sense.

I also confess that I am very tired so if something I said here is dumb, just ignore it.

#4095 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Arguably one of Microsoft’s best version of windows.

It's not the computer. It's the pinball

#4147 2 years ago

I confess I love finding pinball in new places.

After a 12 hour day of driving I stopped by a 24-hour mini mart/truck stop and walked in to find a beautiful Jurassic park premium pinball machine. If I ever run across games like these, I will always play a few games, if they are well maintained.

I love this this hobby!

1 week later
    #4221 2 years ago

For the first time in a couple years going on vacation soon.

Some motel prices seem a tad high, but not enough to say sticker shock.

I tried to stay at the California coast a few nights ago, motel prices were really high. Let me give you an idea:
    Most motels were full anyway.
    Motel 6 with no TV and complimentary cockroaches: $240 + tax
    Super 8: $300 + tax
    Days inn: $325 + tax
    We finally found a decent best western for about $300 a night with one room left, so we took it.

I made very sure take all the breakfast I wanted.

I skpped the eggs, though, and I skipped the pancakes, even though they had the coolest pancake machine. Eggs and pancakes are something you always avoid in motel breakfasts.

That's a tip kids. Write it down.

I confess I have never used anything except the fridge in a motel room that had a kitchen, but in the future I may have some cooking ware with me on road trips.

I confess I almost always use the microwave to heat up some unhealthy food.

1 week later
    #4311 2 years ago

I thought this was kinda funny

#4313 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Post that in the funny caption thread

Posted

1 week later
    #4393 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’m drinking orange juice out of the bottle. Not those supermarket sized ones…the big Costco one.
    [quoted image]

I confess I freaking LOVE orange juice!

1 week later
    #4449 2 years ago
    Quoted from tfduda:

I confess that sometimes I am too lazy to scroll up again to upvote posts by JohnnyPinball007.

That's the reason I have muscular fingers! It's a great workout.

#4477 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm really sad and feeling it big time right now. My 18 month old Aussie got hit by a car this morning in my cul-de-sac. RIP Finn.
    [quoted image]
    I'm in a really bad state right now.

That's awful. Very sorry you lost a loved one.

#4482 2 years ago

I confess I have never had lobster.

1 week later
    #4542 2 years ago

Confess I had a bit of a pinball wtf moment today. I was playing pinball on location today and noticed that Star Wars had a four player game started as well as six additional credits on the game. I heard a coil pulsing every 5 seconds or so. After a bit of inspection I realized that the wireform for the death star shot had come off. I didn't see it anywhere on the playfield, so I looked in the trough. The wireform had blocked the trough and all six balls were stuck there. The game had no idea where the balls were and kept pulsing the eject coil.

IMG_20210911_163823487[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_163823487[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_163829661[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_163829661[1] (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #4580 2 years ago

I confess I love the feeling of early morning when the sun hasn't risen yet (or is rising). I also confess I don't usually get up that early often.

1 week later
    #4667 2 years ago

I confess I really don't like mayonnaise.

I also confess I haven't posted once in the last week (not counting this post).

1 week later
    #4775 2 years ago

I confess I was originally going to do my 1,000th post here (because this is basically my favorite thread) but then I forgot to. Oh well, I'll have to settle for 1,001.

#4779 2 years ago

Nothing like some good old JohnnyPinball007 wisdom at 12:00 at night.

#4784 2 years ago

Confess I am typing this from a phone and it is the slowest freaking thing ever. I don't know how some people are so fast at it.

#4832 2 years ago

I confess that I always imagine EJS as a monkey, even though I know they aren't.

#4897 2 years ago

I confess when I saw all the new posts in this thread I thought "Oh no, people are arguing again". Turns out it was just food and gaming consoles. I'm so used to people yelling at each other about politics, prices, and pinball manufacturers in other threads.
    That's one thing I love about this thread: people are almost always friendly and cool on this thread, and I can say basically anything I feel like ranting about.
    I confess I hate it when people argue on pinside, although I also find it kinda entertaining. Like with school fights. It's sad that they happen, but it's entertaining when they do.

#4913 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Confession:
    I can't afford location pinball.
    I can't afford coin-drop league pinball.
    I can't afford coin-drop tournament pinball.
    I can't really afford this hobby.
    I buy one pin at a time and *try* not to lose my shirt on it when I sell it later on. So far I am 0-for-6. I have never *not* lost at least $300 on a resell, despite adding mods and/or investing hours of labor shopping the game.
    I squander way too much time reading about pinball on Pinside or TWIP or wherever.
    I squander way too much time watching streams of players who *can* afford this hobby.

I can't afford a pinball machine, but am building one anyway. I work on it in 5 dollar increments.

#5011 2 years ago

I confess that I often look at the funny captions thread, then ignore it for about 200 posts, then spend an hour and a half scrolling and upvoting. It's not really intentional, it kinda just happens. Sometimes I wish I could double upvote. Quality stuff in that thread.

#5079 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Tycho Brahe is my favorite 16th century Danish astronomer.

I confess my distant cousin has a favorite bacteria. No idea what the name is, but it does something apparently.

1 week later
    #5177 2 years ago

I confess that I am a pessimist.

I would also like to say that people who think that water isn't wet are flat out wrong.

I have had these kinds of arguments with friends relatively often, is that normal? Probably not.

I confess that I wish I posted here more, but I never have anything interesting to say.

I further confess that I think I have confessed all of this before, but I felt the urge to post something.

#5219 2 years ago

Confess that I generally like to avoid interacting with people because I'm kind of a awkward person.

I confess that I never want to go on a spaceship, even if it became easily available.

I confess that I don't have a lot of money, and I really can't afford pinball. But then, pinball is just my one of my favorite things in the world and I honestly can't imagine quitting the hobby. I figure I'd rather be happy than rich.

I confess I wonder if fish burp.

#5239 2 years ago

I confess I truly don't know why we don't just round things to the nearest dime and forget pennies.

1 week later
    #5311 2 years ago

I confess I'm under 21 so I still can't go in to casinos, bars, etc.

#5347 2 years ago

I confess I really like sparkly lights. No wonder I like pinball.

1 week later
    #5423 2 years ago

I confess I've started listening to rap a lot now. Now sure how I feel about this...I feel like I've betrayed my rock/metal roots.

1 week later
    #5490 2 years ago

I confess that this conversation has reminded me that the rainbow puke thread existed. I confess I used to be pretty active on that thread, but now I just lurk every now and then. I guess it is a bit negative, and I certainly never took this thread seriously anyway. I hope that if I offended anyone they know that anything I said was not meant badly. I just thought of it as teasing, which I do with my friends a lot, but clearly some people get offended by this sort of thing. I am not as against it as some are, and I think in moderation color GI can look fine, even good.
    I do feel that people on the internet say things that they would not in person, and I think we are all prone to that, I know I am. I know I have said things on pinside before that I felt bad after doing so.
    I also confess that I used to downvote people relatively often, but I stopped because it just felt excessively negative. I did this to some degree with the rainbow puke thread. I think that that thread works the same way that downvotes do. People don't like something, so they joke about it, and they are negative toward it. That's just how humans are. That doesn't make your opinion invalid, nor theirs. I mean, if you like it, who cares what others think?
    I definitely see where Zartan is coming from, and I'm sorry if I seem like an asshole. I honestly do try to be nice as much as I can.

3 weeks later
    #5705 2 years ago

I confess I'm very bad at typing. At maximum i can do maybe 30-something words per minute, and even then my spelling is not very accurate.

I also confess I still get my A.Ms and P.Ms confused.

1 week later
    #5819 2 years ago

We took down our christmas tree today, and I confess I am ready for winter to be over. Holidays are fun and all (except for delayed shipping and buying gifts for people) but I just want warmer weather now.

I also confess I think one year we left our tree up till February, possibly even early march
    I don't really remember, it was a while ago.

#5827 2 years ago

Confess I have always wondered, why we have all this grass growing in our interstate medians for hundreds of miles.
    On road trips seeing all of that I have always wondered why not grow crops instead of grass there, and have inmates do the planting and harvesting, and send all the food to shelters here, and countries in need all over the world.
    Not to do anything to mess up any farmers trying to make a living, or any grocery stores selling food, but to help people and countries that are in need, and not even a grocery store customer in the first place.

Probably lots of chemicals come off the road into the soil there, plus whatever debris and/or fumes accumulate there. It also might cause some issues with tractors going 20 in a 60 mph zone. Seem like the kind of thing that could work with some tweaking, though.

#5850 2 years ago

I confess I haven't visited this thread in a while. Looking at it now, lol

funnycaptions (resized).pngfunnycaptions (resized).png
    4 weeks later
    #6083 2 years ago

I confess I haven't looked at this thread for a few days. Here are some thoughts I just had:
    Chunky peanut butter is better than smooth.
    I hate that I have to work on the weekends, because I have school during the weekdays.
    I confess I think I prefer school to work.
    I confess this was all very random. I just was at my laptop and decided to post here because why not. And everyone here already knows I'm a little odd, so who cares.

#6094 2 years ago

Confess we just got a little snow for absolutely no reason, which hampers my plans to work on my homebrew cabinet outside.
    Guess I'm doing it in the mudroom again.

IMG_20220221_085721789[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20220221_085721789[1] (resized).jpg
    #6165 2 years ago

I confess if a game has flow, then I will like it. Don't care about theme. I like cool mechs, but only if they don't get in the way of other things.

3 weeks later
    #6601 2 years ago

I confess that I sometimes think of a silly story and I'll think "Oh, that would be a good rant for the confessional"
    By the time I get home and on pinside I completely forget what I was even thinking of.
    I think I have a bad memory...bad hearing also. I feel like I'm constantly saying "what??" whenever I'm having a conversation with someone. Kinda awkward, or if nothing else it's annoying.

#6606 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

flowers die in a few days and I think it is a waste of money

This is kind of what people tell me when I buy fireworks.

1 week later
    #6710 2 years ago

I confess I've never been to a live concert (besides those free ho-down backyard hippie things I get dragged to)

#6735 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that it’s my birthday! And I had 2 Bloody Marys with brunch, and I’m trying to decide whether to stop for the day, or keep going.[quoted image]

Happy birthday! Hope you are having a good day!

1 week later
    #6799 2 years ago

I confess that I work at a hardware store. Obviously, part of my job is to direct customers to products they are trying to find. However, I confess that sometimes I'm not sure where the thing they are looking for is, or even worse I don't even know what they are asking for.
    A few days ago a customer asked me for some obscure part, and I didn't know where it was and she got angry and told me that I should know and that she needs this part for her husband's outhouse project. I told her I was sorry, and I called someone who knew on my radio.
    All ended relatively well, lady got her plumbing part and I didn't get fired lol.
    Still kinda bothers me, people are really rude sometimes. I'm not perfect, and I'm not an expert on plumbing parts.
    This stuff happens, I guess.

#6827 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I tried nitro Pepsi today.
    Nope not for me.

Don't know what that is, but sounds like a heart attack in a bottle.

2 weeks later
    #7090 1 year ago

I confess I have a pretty weird sense of humor. I'm kind of just a weird person. But at least I'm nice. Usually. When Possible.

2 weeks later
    #7248 1 year ago

Random story. This talk of geese just reminded me of this.
    I remember when I was young there was a park in my neighborhood with a lake in the middle of it. Me and my parents would sometimes go down there to feed the ducks seeds or bread or something. Then one day while we were doing that, this army of geese came swimming towards us. Ok, that was fine, I didn't care if the geese got some food as well. But once they reach the shore they start walking toward me and hissing. Keep in mind that at this age the geese were almost as tall as I was, so it was intimidating. Heck, I'd probably run away now, and I'm six feet tall. When I sprinted away they kept chasing and hissing at me (either they were surprisingly fast, or I was surprisingly slow). Finally I dropped the bread I was holding, which distracted them long enough for me to escape.

#7271 1 year ago

I confess that my house sucks in the winter, but is pretty nice in the summer. We don't even have air conditioning, but the house stays cool for the most part.
    However, during winter...you wake up to your room at 40 degrees.

3 weeks later
    #7507 1 year ago

I'm not very active on pinside anymore, but I just wanted to say hi to everyone here.
    Completely random I know. lol

#7605 1 year ago

I confess I've worn jeans like three times in my life.

3 weeks later
    #8078 1 year ago

I have no games of my own so 99% of my pinball is on location. I rarely have the luxury of restarting.
    Hell, I paid 50 entire cents for a game, I might as well get my moneys worth

2 weeks later
    #8356 1 year ago

I don't think I will leave pinside for quite a while if ever. Partially because there are actually a lot of great people here who you can just talk and goof off with.
    Also because I don't see myself getting out of the hobby in any typical circumstances.
    I don't post as much, but I am certainly still active.

#8358 1 year ago

I'm in Mexico right now (Baja) with my family, arguably against my will. We've come here before when I was younger which was fine at the time, but I really don't like it anymore.
    I confess I don't think I will ever enjoy international travel. There are certainly good moments, but I am just not good with adjusting to certain things.
    The first thing that immediately comes to mind is lack of internet access. I never noticed it when I was younger because the internet was not really part of my life at that point. Coming back several years later I notice how dependent I am on my typical routine.
    I've only had a few days in a row without wifi but I confess it felt way longer.
    I am currently typing this on a phone. One of our three laptops broke during our trip, so other family members like to use mine. Hence the phone.
    Actually we don't even use it to call (it can't anymore anyhow) we just use it to take photos and I occasionally use it as an alternative to my laptop if necessary.
    I confess I don't really want a phone, I can do basically anything I want on a PC/laptop. Why buy another device?
    I think it probably would be good to have a simple "dumb" phone, just for convenience/safety. That being said, the lack of a cell phone has likely helped me avoid some less than ideal situations.
    I confess I can barely speak any Spanish, and I blame it mostly on my Spanish teachers. Literally every year they would teach us colors, fruit, numbers. Fine to start out with, but is pretty useless in terms of practical speaking. I am the least bilingual of my immediate family, and they are nowhere near fluent.
    Ordering at restaurants and anything beyond buying something at a market is rough.
    Looking forward to being home, but still won't be for a while.

1 month later
    #8808 1 year ago

I confess I relate stern kiss pinball to the smell of weed. I had a local arcade that had a Kiss LE and it always smelled like that. None of the games did. It was truly unique.

#8840 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Just did a under playfield hack with a chip of ply of my factory floor, some duct tape and a chupa chup.
    I shit you not.
    No photo's but I'll do a reenactment when I'm straight. It seems to be holding up.

I've found that with zip ties, hot glue, bubble gum, and tape, I can temporarily fix almost any mechanical issue my game throws at me.

#8862 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

https://pinside.com/pinball/connect/pulse
    This will tell you what the pinsiders you are following are doing. I had to search for this, you can get to it from Community link at the top of the splash page, then go to the Follow-Worthy subheading. Click on Pinside Pulse link. Might be able to get to this another way, I don't know.

Actually you can get to it directly by clicking on the pulse icon by your profile. (next to the bell)

4 weeks later
    #9101 1 year ago

Fun fact: one of the first ingredients on most fish food packages is fish meal. Isn't that cannibalism?

1 week later
    #9282 1 year ago

I confess that sometimes things happen during my day and at the time it seems like a story I could post in the confessional, so I make myself a mental note for later.
    But then by the time I get home I realize it was actually a dumb story and don't post it. Thank goodness for my better judgement or this thread would be filled with aspects of my daily life that no one cares about.
    And I'm also too lazy after work to write an entire paragraph on pinside, anyway.

1 week later
    #9475 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Just signed up for Pinside Secret Santa. One of the best events of the pinball year!

I would love to sign up for pinside ss, I've lurked in previous threads and it looks super fun. I've never done it, though, because I am afraid my gifts would not be good, or I wouldn't correctly understand what my santa wants, or some glitch would happen, and I would feel terrible.
    I confess I tend to worry a lot.

2 months later
    #10271 1 year ago

I confess I feel like I don't have much time anymore, and I also feel like there are a lot of things I want to do/try but I don't have enough time or resources.

Even with pinside, I hardly ever post anymore and I don't check threads as often. Usually I will come through and upvote a few posts but that's about it usually.

I hope I will have more freedom as I get older, but I'm not convinced.

#10277 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Good to see you around. Did your workshop project ever take off?

Thanks.
    No, and it probably won't until May at least. I have to save up funds for a while before I can get anywhere, but I'm still fully planning on going ahead with the project. I've been researching permits and legal stuff recently, not super fun

2 weeks later
    #10470 1 year ago

On the topic of animals...the hardware store that I work in allows dogs if they're well behaved. Luckily the worst I've seen in my time there are some really yappy little dogs, and every now and then you get a dog peeing on the floor as well (my queue to go on break).

We also have two cats at the hardware store, Midnight and Petey, and they stay in their enclosure in the break room during store hours, but get free roam of the store during the night to kill the rats.

I confess I generally don't really like small dogs, mainly because the majority of them yap a lot. And I detest yapping dogs. For me it's worse than hearing a normal bark. However, I have also met some small dogs that I really do like, because they don't yap.

I used to have a friend who had a little white poodle, and she was the most detestable little shit. She yapped like crazy, was treated like a queen, and would occasionally bite me when she felt like it. My friends mom really liked that dog, for what reason I can't imagine, and I think she was more or less the only one that did.

1 month later
    #10874 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

when society has figured out to live in peace and harmony.

I think humans will likely blow each other up before society learns to do that

5 months later
    #11855 8 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Found another televised sport i didn't know existed;

I confess I enjoy watching marbles race around on a track much more than most conventional sports

4 weeks later
    #11960 7 months ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

I confess that the game I play the most on my collection is Transformers. I love it.

Transformers is an awesome game, especially the pro model. Incredibly flowy.

1 month later
    #12227 5 months ago

I got this score on location. I confess the game had a stuck switch. And I confess I'm not above exploiting broken games.

No wonder the GC was 22 billion.

IMG_20231112_153232314[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20231112_153232314[1] (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #12267 4 months ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I confess that whenever I post a photo on pinside (especially on the cat and dog threads),
    that if I do not get at least 10 up votes, I am disappointed and if I get 20 up votes I am secretly thrilled.

When I get 20 upvotes on my Pinside post

#12269 4 months ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Hows your shed build coming along?

Pretty stagnant right now. A combination of factors has really slowed down my progress. Weather is bad, school is full swing, and I only work my minimum wage job for 8 hours on Saturdays, so funding for it is pretty limited. It's sometimes hard to strike a balance between not building something so cheap it will cause issues down the road, but also not going overboard for unnecessary stuff.
    Would have been nice to get a roof on, or at least some sheathing, but here we are.
    Projects always seem to take about 2x the time 3x the cost, regardless of how much one plans.
    Been brainstorming and drawing up some pinball ideas in the meantime, so I'll be ready to jump in once the shed is in an acceptable state.

4 weeks later
    #12345 3 months ago

Confess I got a sweet camera for free today. Don't have any experience with professional videography, but it is something I have been curious about. My A/V club teacher had this in his classroom, said the first one to claim it could have it for free. Seemed like too good of an opportunity to pass up so I jumped on it. Came with a nearly full box of film as well.
    Pretty cool!

IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowy_owl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=snowy_owl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.