Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,501 posts
  • 720 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaybird815.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1915 4 years ago

I can’t stand IPAs

1 month later
    #1955 4 years ago

I’m telling my wife and boss a white lie so I can go to the Louisville show

2 weeks later
    #2017 4 years ago

I just ate some deli ham that was questionable, I would’ve thrown out 2 weeks ago, and it was delicious.

#2029 4 years ago

I haven’t had sex without a dog staring me in the face in nearly a decade.

#2050 4 years ago

I wish I could take a 6 week nap right about now.

#2053 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Running the projectors was more fun. I got to do that in high school.
    Nothing like running a projector in a class room of females showing those "health" videos.
    The A/V cart had plenty of room for pop and popcorn. Just load the film. Flip the switch. Sit back and enjoy the show.
    Apparently no one ever thought to teach a girl or female teacher to run a projector. Or have us set it up and leave and they flip the switch, and call if it broke ?
    LTG : )

Running projectors back then was a lot of work. All that cranking just to get the film spinning.

#2081 4 years ago

My family has instituted a no kiss policy and I’m thrilled

1 month later
    #2293 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

No, I don't. I dislike them too, but saying whether I like them or hate them is not a confession. It should be something you know was or is wrong.
    Just saying "I confess" in front of an opinion is still just an opinion.
    Example:
    Not a Confession: "I confess, I like vanilla ice cream."
    Confession: : I've been sleeping with my neighbor's wife and he doesn't know his youngest kid is mine. "

I confess, you take this a bit too serious.

#2295 3 years ago

I flail at the ball with the upper right flipper on STTNG all the time, even though I know it ends up down the left outlanes 95% of the time.

1 week later
    #2316 3 years ago

I tried to finger Iron Maiden and I got a blister.

3 months later
    #2493 3 years ago

I confess, I enjoy playing TMNT, but after 50 games listening to the turtles voices and the theme song, I want to drive ice picks into my ears.

#2498 3 years ago

The next time I drive down to Florida, I’m stopping by Johnny’s with a trunk full of Natty 30 packs.

#2505 3 years ago

In Chicago dat T would be a D

1 week later
    #2627 3 years ago

I confess that I have the same hairstyle as JohnnyPinball007

#2666 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I confess I've been reading about how vibrant secular democracies fall to authoritarian theocratic rule.

I confess, I don’t care.

2 weeks later
    #2773 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Girlfriend is having a garage sale today. So basically, all the picture frames, baskets, and "fun" plastic dishes that she paid full price for at Target and Home Goods the past few years, and have sat in a box in the basement since then, are now for sale for a dollar or two each.
    Am I crazy, or is this just something I'm unable to grasp the concept of? Pretty much shaking my head all morning.

My blood boils a bit every day when I see a stack of amazon boxes on my front porch, I mean every day.

2 months later
    #3076 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess that while ago I slept for 12 hours, and I could have slept longer.
    I am no longer used to driving 12+ hours in a day, like I did to get that baseball game.
    And I am so glad that I am out of space now... well, not really, we all know how this goes, games are like drugs(I do not do any drugs, just beer), but anyway games are so addictive, some people even has them in their kitchen, and someday I may even get that bad, but I hope not.
    AND, when I was a teen, and had pins on location at my Dad's business, the games that did not do well and was hard, I would use tie wire to block the out lanes, to entice not only me and my friends to try the game more, but also anyone that would drop money in it.
    Sometimes I have thought about that with games I have now, but I have never even adjusted the posts to try to make a pin easier.
    I am so glad that at the moment my bucket list is complete with variety I have always wanted.
    Only thing on my bucket list now is a road trip to SS Billiards.
    [quoted image]

Johnny, are you not smiling because you don’t have a natty in your hand?

2 weeks later
    1 week later
    #3195 3 years ago

SnakeDefenderPunkin

2 weeks later
    #3285 3 years ago

I miss him big time also. I think he was serious about soon coming to my house and trying some games he was interested in. I was looking forward to meeting him in person.
    And I confess I was thinking about starting a topic about Jaybird. You have to watch him. He is very cool, laid back, fun to be around, BUT, he will tell you he is not great at a certain machine, and then beat the crap out of your scores.
    And I am goofing off, I don't care if someone beats my scores, I am glad when someone cool stops by and has some fun.
    BUT, like I told him, do not even play the sky slide tent on Oktoberfest, it is the last high score my girlfriend has on that game, and she would be pissed if her name was no longer there.
    Jay is very cool, he travels a lot and he tries to meet as many members here as he can.
    I do hope when I get up to MN to meet several Pinsiders. I will post when I will be hanging around LTG's awesome game room, and I hope a few people will get with me and invite me to check out their games.
    And I think I have said this before, but if you are passing through my area, and want to stop by and play some machines, send me a pm, to see if I will be around. This applies to maybe 30-40 members now, that I read comments from and can tell they are like me and laid back and goofing off having fun here.
    I do not live in a mansion, I do not have a fancy game room, but I do have a cool laid back place to hang out. (I bring that up because of the "show us your game room" topic), holy crap there are a lot of people here with a boat load of money.
    Anyway, Thanks Robin! For starting up such a awesome site!
    And maybe LTG will remember another funny story?
    I confess I wish I could just be funny, but I am still in a bit of a daze after recently I did not know if my girlfriend was going to survive or not.
    She did! And hopefully I will see her soon, she has still been staying quarantined.
    I wish all of you the best!

Lol, It was an honor to drink some Nattys with Johnny. Great guy!

#3300 3 years ago

I’m rewatching Deadwood, and my wife is getting tired of me calling everything and everyone c*nts and c*cksuckers.

1 month later
    #3486 2 years ago
    A15E9323-1E3B-4B55-BB5F-68E98CA28D32 (resized).jpegA15E9323-1E3B-4B55-BB5F-68E98CA28D32 (resized).jpeg
    #3505 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I confess that Johnny reminds me of a friend of mine. A great guy that I love to death but I rarely stop to see him. He's such a talker that you can never just swing by for a few minutes. He'll have you pinned down in conversation for a minimum of 2 hours.

Haha, funny thing is that he’s not that much of a talker, he saves it all for pinside. I had a great time drinking some nattys with him.

1 week later
    #3545 2 years ago

Same here. I have never down voted. and I never will.
    I do roll my eyes sometimes when I read something, kind of like how so many here probably roll their eyes when I make a long post.
    And I upvote a whole lot!
    I confess that when I upvote, I start thinking you know what, that other post was ok, and I did not upvote it, and I do not want anyone to get hurt feelings because they never get any upvotes, so before long I am the Santa Claus of upvotes, I just upvote anything I remotely can for hours sometimes.
    (sorry about that last sentence, it ended up a tad long).
    So anyway, if you ever see a page, where I upvoted 49 posts, and I did not upvote one, well, for whatever reason I could not upvote that one.
    I confess I am biased also. If I just run into a LTG post anywhere it gets a upvote.
    And I confess the real reason for this post is I was thinking about songs that I liked when I was a kid.
    (My mind wanders when I am out doing my grass cutting jobs, all that is so relaxing to me).
    When I was a kid, I never realized how so many songs I liked were actually about sex.
    The main one being Afternoon Delight, and then about 90% of all the country songs I ever heard as a kid.
    And for whatever reason, as I was cutting grass, that old Tom T Hall song "Sneaky Snake" popped in my head.
    That was a fun song when I was a kid.
    I kind of wondered if the sneaky snake song had some hidden adult meaning, and if not, it should have, most other songs back then seemed to.
    I am pretty sure Tom also did the "I like beer" song, and I liked the song, and beer when I was a kid.
    I confess I am not sure if today I would still like the "I like beer song", I have not heard it in decades, but I do still like drinking beer.
    And I confess if punkin has read all this, I also have a new snake encounter.
    I was taking my friend that is a tree man over the dam of the pond next door to look at some trees that are dead and needs to be cut, and I seen a snake and out loud I said "oh shit".
    They still startle me when I see them, but now instead of running I try to get a better look at them and watch them.
    And one last thing. Chipmunks. They are cute, but really just rats with a nice paint job. They are wrecking my yard digging holes all over the place and it is getting old.
    I know now how awesome snakes are, thanks to punkin!
    Do we have any chipmunk people here?
    I really do not want to make anyone mad, so before I start talking about dynamite or something being used in chipmunk holes, I need to know if instead I should try to be nice to them and treat them like pets.
    And I confess I wish Pinside would get rid of all the little smiling faces things, emojis or whatever, and moderate anyone that says LOL or any crap like that.
    We are adults, well, some of us are, not me really, but anyway all that just seems so teenager or something, and 50 year old men doing that crap is just wrong I think.
    And if anything in this post offends you, I am truly sorry.
    And if nothing in this post offended you, sorry also, I will try harder next time.
    Anyway, if you are ever passing through my area, and want to stop by and hang out for a while, shoot me a pm to see if I will be here and to get my info.
    And no, that offer is not valid to someone that has just joined the site, but 100% to everyone that I know here, and even kind of know.
    I only know Jaybird a little, and he gave me a downvote one time, but he stopped by, drank up tons of my Natty, and put his name on some of my pins.
    But I really like Jay, and I hope someday to visit the places in FL that he likes to go to.
    I confess I love this site, there is not the first person here that I would not want to meet someday.
    I am chilled and relaxed most of the time. And just trying to entertain here when I have time.
    And yeah, maybe I make long posts, but I make them easy to read.
    Some people here may make 500 posts in a week, and they are very short.
    (and a few members here do make long posts, and they are hard to read).
    Most of us are friends, we have just never met face to face yet.
    I hope all of you have a awesome week!
    I hope I make long posts again soon, because when I do I am happy to be able to be in the mood, and have the time to.
    Yeah, I type on a full size computer keyboard with 2 fingers, and it is relaxing when I goof off like that.
    And so far I am not smart enough to even use the new smart phone enough to get any pictures to here.
    I can text now though!
    Technology just moves way faster than I do for a long time now, and I hope I never am bored enough to even try to catch up.
    And hopefully LTG and everyone else also has something entertaining to add!

Johnny, I down voted you because you said you like the Packers in the playoffs last year. It is my duty as a Bears fan.

2 weeks later
    #3663 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I really wish there were a few subcategories for the game clubs, especially the ones that end up with 10k posts. Offhand I’d say we need:
    - gameplay (rules, tips, mechanical tweaks, brags)
    - problems (i.e. troubleshooting)
    - mods (make the game more expensive)
    - general (everything else)

It would be nice to see more threads just dedicated to rules and strategy

#3665 2 years ago

I was kind of worried about the lake getting polluted and fish not safe to eat, but I went on Google, and all the info there was fish were fine, they had been tested.
    I still see tons of fish in the pond next door that no one except me is allowed to fish, and I rarely do.
    I kind of think that for a while, a long time ago, between me and the other boats we just caught most of them. We tore them up!
    You could be totally correct though, with the acid rain stuff, you are very smart, I would never question you. (unless I am golfing with you, or I go to your arcade and get some kind of wacky parking ticket, but that is different).

Johnny, did you pick up your Elvira yet?

“Not everybody likes it in the back door, but you do!”

1 week later
    #3700 2 years ago

I confess I would have done the same thing. Pennies add up.

I would have kept filling the lunch box myself, after they stopped doing it.

Most games that I have been interested in I have not been able to try first, without making a long road trip, so the game rating comments here is what I depend on, and most of the time the longer the comment, the more useful it is.
    (and just me thinking out loud now):
    Damn, hackers caused our gas prices to go up, and now looks like hackers are going to drive our meat prices up.
    This crap can get old in a hurry.
    My computer is unplugged from the internet right now as I type this.
    When I am finished, I will plug it back in long enough to hit the send button.
    As a small business owner myself I am afraid of getting hacked for ransom, so I try to be extra careful.
    I confess if I was in a position of great power, I would try to invoke the death penalty to all ransom hackers, and put a end to this mess.
    (notice I said ransom hackers. there will always be some very smart people that will just hack for the fun of it).
    I confess I have been thinking about the way all of this is going, soon some companies may just try to claim that they were hacked, just to cause prices to rise, so I hope there is always serious investigation into all hacking claims.
    And I confess that while we love playing Elvira, not sure if the game needs some adjustments, or if we just suck, but so far our best score is only 99 mil.
    A awesome local member here is going to try it out Friday and see if he can help.
    And I confess when he does try it out, I hope he does not just shoot one game and get 500 mil, then I would know how bad we actually are.
    And I confess I have the tilt set pretty loose, and I have had one warning so far. (I meant the ball was not just going to go SDTM again that time).
    And I have never set a pin to 5 balls, but I am thinking about it with Elvira, because the game is so awesome I want to get into it deeper and see new things that I have not been able to see yet.
    I have never seen the extra ball lit yet, among other things. Too many cheap drains.
    When the ball leaves the pops, SDTM most of the time if not shaken well.
    When the ball comes around the left out lane, SDTM most of the time if not shaken well.
    And lots of times the slings will shoot the ball right to a out lane.
    BUT, no where as bad as AC/DC was, man that game was extremely brutal with drains. When I sold it with like 2400 plays on it, there were still factory preset high scores on it, and I never had the extra ball to light up more than 10 times, and I never had but 3-4 extra balls that whole time.
    Anyway, I confess about 30 years ago I had a ROCK pin, that was the name of it, and it ticked me off with cheap out lane drains and I took tie wire and fixed that problem.
    And I had never touched the settings buttons on any Stern, but with Elvira and all the draining I did adjust the ball save to 15 seconds already.
    And I confess, after Friday, I may use some tie wire on Elvira's out lanes, but first I want to see how a really good player does on it, and get his feedback and help with adjustments.
    I confess I got wound up, and I am still going.
    While me and my girlfriend have been getting along great, never any arguments or any crap, I confess I always wondered what if someday we were done, and her name was still on my games.
    Well, with the Stern pins at least, I think I seen where I can reset all that.
    And that is just my mind wandering around.
    A few months ago when she was in the hospital and I was afraid I was going to loose her, I made up my mind that I would never beat any of her scores, and get her name off my games.
    And yeah, she is back and better than ever, so fair game again, and when we play games I am again trying to get her name off the games.
    (for whatever reason, she is REAL good at the bighorn sheep on the Big Buck arcade, and I am glad she has something with her name all over it, she loves that game).
    And a friend of mine was just wondering, and wanted me to ask here, if you set a game for 5 ball, will it still hold the scores when you set it back to 3 ball when company is coming over?
    And we plan to go fishing tomorrow night, and while ago my girlfriend said "I propose we only use 2 rods each".
    I said "hell no, I will probably use 10 like always".
    And I confess I exaggerated with that, I only use 5-7 fishing rods normally.
    We use minnows, and I like to use 2 rods with lit bobbers(night fishing), and cast those around, while having a light under the boat, and more fishing lines dropped under the boat, at different depths, just to try to get more fish.
    The fishing rods with lines under the boat is community, whoever can get to it the fastest gets to catch the fish.
    It is 100% fair, because while all of this is going on I drink a whole lot of O'Doul's, so I am busy peeing a lot, and have no chance of catching a fish anyway.
    Anyway, I hope all of you are doing awesome, I have noticed a lot of regulars have not posted in a long time, or at least I have not seen them.
    I hope all is well with everyone.
    And thanks LTG, for 2 more awesome stories today!
    I hope I can have another funny story to tell again soon, we do plan to go night fishing, so a good chance I will have a story soon.

I’ll be driving right past you in a couple of weeks, I’ll give you hand dialing her in. Ball times should be longer on EHOH than your TWD, EHOH is a great pin.

1 week later
    #3762 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Congrats on the new Stranger Things Pro, Jeff. The UV kit and shaker are indeed a “must have”, but I skipped the topper and mods on mine. Great game.

My buddy rented a STpremium, it gets played more than any other game, and he has almost all the newer Sterns, great game for sure!

#3775 2 years ago

Happy Birthday Buddy!

#3783 2 years ago

I confess that I spend more on beer a week than food.

#3789 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Picking up what you are putting down brother. $350 a week is my beer bill. I only eat 1 small meal a day.

When I get to Australia, I know who I’m getting a hold of.

#3797 2 years ago

It’s 11:30 am, I’m not working and I’m drinking a cold beer, watching a new garage door being installed on a beautiful day. Life is Good!

#3799 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Do you need any more supervisors to make sure the job is getting done correctly? I have a cooler full of ice cold “hand tools”

Shoot down 355 take a right at 80, and your about 5 minutes from me.

2 weeks later
    #3916 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’m behind on pinside PMs
    Need to charge the laptop up so I can respond to them appropriately. I normally visit pinside on my phone.

I confess I have not been on a PC, laptop or any type of computer for over 5 years

2 weeks later
    #4083 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Figured it, will do Working Class Hero. Just have to decide whether The Beatles or Marianne Faithful version.

My toe is still healing from a drunken dig at an ingrown toenail two weeks ago.

The best way to get rid of an ingrown nail, is to score the nail away from where it’s ingrown. The nail will start pulling towards the score. I went to a podiatrist once, now I just do it myself.

#4129 2 years ago

I cannot have a roomba or any such self cleaning devices, my dog would have it buried in the backyard before it’s first lap, ask me how I know.

1 week later
    #4201 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:I confess my infant daughter is currently being read a bedtime story by my amazing wife PocketSnacks who asked me to make her a cocktail. I couldn’t find a jigger, so I’m using one of her old bottles (she’s outgrown) because it has the most convenient measurement lines !! I feel like this is a great life hack.
    [quoted image]

Haha, I still have one of my daughters bottles for exactly this, and she’s 18.

#4204 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Actually yes, but not because of being anxious like it’s waiting for Xmas morning. It’s creating a headache logistically. I need a bigger truck. I’m being a disgruntled employee and I’m the owner of the company. So to keep my main employee happy I’m agreeing with him and obliging.
    The problem is there is no inventory for what I’m looking for. I knew this. But whats really insane is, I can order a truck with EXACTLY the same shit as a two year old truck with 30k miles, for LESS money. I knew there was a long wait but I had no choice. I’m just used to having a deal in place with a vehicle and either selling mine outright or trading it and having the new vehicle right away.
    Now I have no idea when the truck is coming and when I should sell mine. This is obviously money I would use when I pick up my new truck. Is it going to be winter at that time? I need to transfer all my tools over to the new one and make sure the new one is ready for that. If I’m out of a truck for more than a few days it will hurt me bad.
    Plus the cost of trucks makes me sick!

Unfortunately now’s not the time to be buying new, wait/price sucks and on top of that they’re stripping back some features and options due to chip shortages. You hiring? Haha

1 week later
    #4282 2 years ago

I smoked a bowl and went to the grocery store. I overheard a kid arguing with his mom about not liking meatloaf. I am now eating meatloaf at midnight.

B936E9B7-AA6C-4A80-9F9A-B149FE571598 (resized).jpegB936E9B7-AA6C-4A80-9F9A-B149FE571598 (resized).jpeg
    #4287 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

If you're actually talking about meatloaf, lol, a "fatty" is a meatloaf wrapped in bacon cooked in a smoker.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if he was talking about the bowl smoking part, haha

1 week later
    #4331 2 years ago

From too much butter to butt hurt, gotta love the confessional.

#4345 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Haha, that second burn is way worse than the first.

I put a roll of toilet paper in the freezer for the next day.

1 week later
    #4452 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:Just got a call i ignored from Kazakhstan. Fucking weird.

Borat?

#4478 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm really sad and feeling it big time right now. My 18 month old Aussie got hit by a car this morning in my cul-de-sac. RIP Finn.
    [quoted image]
    I'm in a really bad state right now.

I’m so sorry for your loss, they are part of the family.

#4490 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

My Sam’s club used to sell this in the store. I restocked on every trip because they never lasted long at home. So delicious
    [quoted image]

These are pretty damn close

https://thecozycook.com/copycat-red-lobster-cheddar-bay-biscuits/

#4495 2 years ago

All this talk about seafood made me pull out a couple of pounds of shrimp from last Florida trip and blacken them on my flattop, me and the dogs are stuffed.

#4497 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Confess I used to work with a guy who lost his job over Cheddar Bay biscuits.Instead of working his flight he decided to use a company vehicle to go off field for his fix of biscuits.The flight took a delay and when he returned and was confronted he lied.The manager pulled up the GPS tracking which put him in the Red Lobster parking lot.

That guys my hero.

1 week later
    #4535 2 years ago

You rub their belly with them laying on their back, and they never even try to move.

Yep, they’ll become catatonic when flipped over.

#4539 2 years ago

I’m at the local brew pub that is a 1/2 mile from a large concert venue, and it is absolutely Milf central here. I’m thinking about buying a ticket for the show, even if it’s Alanis Morrisette.

#4568 2 years ago
    Quoted from Raedwald:

One of my local pinball joints an hour or so away got a new Mando LE table over the summer, so interested to see how it played, I put a half dozen games into it. I got a multiball all six times, and being perfectly honest, I don't feel like I earned them...

It’s pretty easy to get multi ball, the trick is to start a mission, then get multi ball going and then hold the action button to light 8 shots on fire with the flamethrower.

#4569 2 years ago

My wife has been on me to install a Ring doorbell system. I finally did today, and text her to make sure it’s working. I sent her a cock shot at work. It works.

#4582 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I love the feeling of early morning when the sun hasn't risen yet (or is rising). I also confess I don't usually get up that early often.

That’s about when I’m going to sleep.

1 week later
    #4662 2 years ago

Confess I am a tad confused.
    Earlier today I had a notice about a caption I posted in the basement a few days ago, that I thought was funny, but I posted it in the basement, because while it had no nudity or anything, it was just funny and honest, but at the same time deeper thoughts than just the funny posts I make in the funny captions and it had a lot of thumbs ups, and now it is gone, and I got in trouble, and I am confused.
    Confess I am totally sorry if that caption made someone mad or something.
    It was labeled as political, but it was not even that, it was just making fun of our taxes, and did not specify anyone, I thought it was neutral.
    Anyway, I do not want any more trouble, so I plan to post a lot less, while still giving all of you a whole lot of upvotes.
    And I love ForceFlow, and Daditude, other than them I have not been around any other moderators much, but I wish instead of the generic stuff when I get in trouble, they would take time to send me a pm that hey that was funny, but someone complained, and we had to shut it down.
    Or something like that.
    For a long time things here seemed very easy going, and that one just hit me out of the blue, and I confess I will just chill out even more.
    Goodnight.

9FA2F1F4-2883-4CB6-BB3B-7FC457F2D097 (resized).jpeg9FA2F1F4-2883-4CB6-BB3B-7FC457F2D097 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #4740 2 years ago

I have never seen an episode of Stranger Things or TWD, but they are 2 of my all time favorite pins.

1 week later
    #4821 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The money shot.
    [quoted image]

“Australian for butter”

#4835 2 years ago

I confess, I can’t wait to use JohnnyPinball007 urinal again.

1 week later
    #4997 2 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

Using a lighter to check for gas leaks!!!WOW
    Cup of soapy water, pour a bit around the fitting or join and if there is a leak it will bubble.
    Much safer than a flame!

Where’s the fun in that?

#5033 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You people have drive through chemists? You can't get out of your car to get healthier?
    That's fucking incredible.
    AndIDon'tMeanThatInAGoodWayPunkin

I’m surprised this isn’t a thing down under. It makes perfect sense not to force sick people into a store to infect others.

CommonSenseJayBird

#5056 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I do listen. Just in case that one idea comes along that might be good, or good in the future.
    I do get bored hearing the same ideas over and over for 49 years that won't work here.

You should serve alcohol

#5088 2 years ago

The Metra train into Chicago was much better when they had a bar car, you can still BYOB, tho.

#5111 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

That's Donny's daughter.

Is Donny the guy who took a cheese grater to your face?

#5134 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What is your damage son!?

He only wants to be with you!

#5182 2 years ago

The current pin market is insane, I don’t sell games often. I put a pin up for sale and got full price in under a minute, and my pm box hasn’t stopped all night with people even offering more than asking price once I tell them I have a probable deal in place, which I would never do. I guess I should’ve asked more.

#5190 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

It is the version that allows you to sell.

No, anyone can sell, I just did yesterday

#5192 2 years ago

Confess I miss Jaybirds old avatar.

It’ll be back at seasons end

#5272 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess this is one of my favorite lines from Little Johnny.

HELL YES!!

3 weeks later
    #5449 2 years ago

My daughter just got home from college for Christmas break, I missed my whole house smelling like weed.

#5452 2 years ago

Confess I am curious if you are joking or serious.
    Long ago I had some friends that smoked weed all the time, and the stuff they smoked smelled really good and I miss them now, and that weed smell.
    While also I have been at amusement parks or concerts, and the people around me was smoking some stuff that did not smell good at all.
    If you are serious, then she has some good weed that is making your house smell very good.
    If you are joking, then you are like really, I am glad you are home, but that weed smell is nasty.
    (because if you are serious, and she has some of that stuff that smells really good, can you invite some of us here to spend the holidays at your house?)

08B01255-15F2-4CAC-9A96-F4354A155E9D.gif08B01255-15F2-4CAC-9A96-F4354A155E9D.gif
    3 weeks later
    #5716 2 years ago

I confess I’m at work on fire watch(making sure the tarped off controls on an industrial boiler doesn’t catch fire) and I’d much rather be out working in the cold, -3 degrees currently.

#5744 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Are lead weights allowed in your area ?

There’s only a handful of states that have bans on lead weights, and those are for weights 1 oz or less.

#5746 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

not trying to pour salt over a wound..but i'm just wondering how many natty lites $200 would get ya!

Roughly 400 cans

#5787 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've played Godzilla, but i couldn't tell the difference tween that and the Avengers it was sitting next to. They look the same (melted crayons) every shot goes up a ramp somewhere and they are a generic feeling game to me.
    Bear in mind I'm hit and hope on most pins and don't have room in my tiny little brain for all the rules. Hit the blinky light is as good as i get.
    All i'm saying is that for me, i'd only need to own one Stern from the last year or two and i wouldn't feel like i'm missing out on anything.

Godzilla rule set is much easier to figure out, nothing like Avengers, IMO

#5789 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I have no idea how i found this, but i just watched a youtube song by a band called Duck sauce called the Big Bad Wolf. Not gunna post it in case i get flashing lig=ghts on my inbox, but wow, talk about out there. Made me smile anyway.

That was out there, made me laugh. And I just got the flashing lights in my inbox, haha.

#5793 2 years ago

My hearing is permanently less after hanging in this basement

55918D88-ED92-4653-932E-BE88FA6DD57B (resized).jpeg55918D88-ED92-4653-932E-BE88FA6DD57B (resized).jpeg
    #5797 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

What kind of music have your neighbors been enjoying as of lately?

little bit of everything, Beasties to Rihanna to 7 nation army now some Cornell

Edit: Anthrax and Alice In Chains

3 weeks later
    #5954 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

What's your address again Johnny?

PM sent

1 week later
    #6009 2 years ago

LTG while I was on vacation I ran into a couple from MN, and they live near Hopkins, but had never heard of your place and they love pinball, so hopefully even if they never actually stop by, maybe they will remember how I told them that you are awesome and will tell some more people and they will show up.
    I confess that I had to bring it up that if they actually ever stop by, because I also told them where to walk to get the best food, and later I ran into them and all they did was walked to the closest place.
    I confess in my travels I am not sure when I will get back to MN, kind of loving FL right now, but anytime I run into anyone that loves pinball I tell them to stop by your game room.

You’re out of orange juice and eggs.

1 week later
    #6089 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I used to like to hit the accelerator with a little punch when she was putting lipstick on in the car

Haha, my wife doesn’t attempt lipstick anymore since she nearly swallowed her L’Oréal colour riche.

#6175 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i didn't know there was a new war till somoene told me this morning. the drawback to my avoidance of mindless entertainment.
    Can someone recommend a decent international or Australian news feed from the net so i can know about things my mates don't think to tell me?
    I don't want to pay for it, i don't want dry facts, but i don't want slanted 'current affairs' style news either.

This explains it fairly well

https://www.npr.org/series/1082539802/russia-ukraine-invasion-explained

1 week later
    #6271 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I very nearly got my arse kicked by a 5 year old girl at air hockey yesterday.
    I was trying as hard as i could pretty much, the puck was flying off both ends of the table and it ended up a timed out 4 all draw.
    Took me ten minutes sitting down for my heart to settle and my legs to stop shaking.
    She was standing on a fucking stool for fuck's sake.

Air hockey is hard while shroomin.

#6277 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Going to the driving range, and teens-early 20 something are chatting to much. I just want to hit a bucket, and not be distracted by them fucking up 20-30 yard dribblers, and laughing bout it..

We’ve all been there. Good to see young ones out doing something other than staring at a screen.

#6289 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I don't like country music but Beer never broke my heart by Luke Combs is pretty good

I was never a fan, but I’ve been getting into the old outlaw country lately.

#6312 2 years ago

I got a salts from around the world box for Christmas, my 2 favorites are the pink himilayan and the black Hawaiian sea salt.

#6315 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I only got 4 hours of sleep last night for no reason. Went to bed on time and everything. No idea why.

This seems to happen more frequently to me the older I get, it’s becoming rare to sleep 6 hours consecutively. I haven’t used an alarm clock in a while now, no need to when you’re up 3 hours before you have to be at work.

1 week later
    #6586 2 years ago

String cheese is more trouble then it’s worth

1 week later
    #6703 1 year ago
    48D151CA-7FB1-46FE-BB68-D9CA9C763743.gif48D151CA-7FB1-46FE-BB68-D9CA9C763743.gif
    4 weeks later
    #7118 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Sweet and salty is the taste sensation. Still eating salty oranges most days.

I’m a big fan of sweet and spicy too.

1 month later
    #7525 1 year ago

The labor shortage is so bad that I’m working at a massive state of the art energy terminal by myself, I have never been here and have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing. I just pray there is no disaster. I am getting double time to do nothing. It’s going to be a long day.

#7552 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Confess. I have no idea what a sun dial is but I'm curious to find out after finding one today
    [quoted image]

Use the compass on your phone and set the dial due north.

#7557 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

So this coffee shop owner hired a guy with a wife beater t-shirt and 2 hair colors? Is it really that hard to find good employees now?

Yes, our company is offering a $3k referral finders fee if we refer someone they hire. They pay well with great benefits, that are 100% paid by the company and still can’t find enough help.

1 month later
    #8328 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I’ve been in this house for 21 years, and tonight was my first time grilling outside. I broke down and bought a 22” Blackstone, portable for camping. It made good burgers. Seasoning (2nd pic) was not hard at all, just hot.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

6D01E618-F14F-4D0A-A701-983A3CB0F2C5.gif6D01E618-F14F-4D0A-A701-983A3CB0F2C5.gif
    4 weeks later
    #8745 1 year ago

The further the job from me the better, get paid hourly plus .62 cents a mile to drive to the site, tax free.

2 weeks later
    #8940 1 year ago

I think it’s cool these beautiful animals are starting to reclaim some their land. Not too far from me.

https://www.hoiabc.com/2022/09/09/hudson-elementary-parents-warned-about-possible-cougar-area/

1 month later
    #9526 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

So, tell me more about your cat scratch syndrome. I've never heard of it before you mentioned it.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/diseases/cat-scratch.html

#9530 1 year ago

Toward the bottom of that page:
    Serious but rare complications
    People
    Although rare, CSD can cause people to have serious complications. CSD can affect the brain, eyes, heart, or other internal organs
    It affected my eyes more than anything. I cannot read an eye chart now. I can see fine, except for some tiny spots that I cannot see through, and one of the spots is just in the wrong place for me to see an eye chart.
    I was unable to get a CDL because of this, and I confess I am worried I may not be able to get a driver's license, the next time they require me to do an eye test.
    Jay has been around me, and he will tell you I see just fine. Just those pesky eye charts are all I have any problem with.

Pussy causes nothing but problems, Johnny

1 week later
    #9640 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It seems weird to hear of a first world country that has everyone take their own rubbish to the dump. Your country is so different to mine.
    Here, unless you live on a farm, we have kerbside collection and have since before i was born.
    [quoted image]

No one I know takes their home garbage to the dump. Well, except Johnny.

2 weeks later
    #9826 1 year ago

After freezing all night pumping off a barge, I was kind of happy when it sprang a leak. I’m now sitting on a warm boat smoking cigarettes with a nice view. I hope the mechanic takes the rest of my shift to fix it.

056516E6-77CC-4401-81FD-17B1FB15FAFC (resized).jpeg056516E6-77CC-4401-81FD-17B1FB15FAFC (resized).jpeg
    #9837 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Ahh that stupid branded thing Supreme. I thought it was something new.
    What's there to talk about?

A guy was asking $100,000 for one

1 month later
    #10176 1 year ago

I never thought we would see an appearance in the confessional thread from IPDB

#10209 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I removed the magnet from my Fish Tales when I had it. Didn't seem to make sense with the game

What magnet? I can’t think of where a magnet is in that game.

#10211 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not listed in the solenoid table.
    ?

I’ve done a complete tear down on one, and I’m pretty sure there are no magnets in the game.

#10222 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I would like to try that. Is it dried meat?

Potato chips

1 week later
    #10351 1 year ago
    46365EB8-6984-46CF-8EB9-7DEA6F68D1AA.gif46365EB8-6984-46CF-8EB9-7DEA6F68D1AA.gif
    #10357 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I went for my first CT scan today. Confess I felt like like I was in some kind of futuristic space movie. Was not expecting anything like that. Computer voice telling me when to breathe. Motion controlled bed moving me back and forth in a giant motorcylcle tire. I focused mostly on the blue led space grid thingy on top of the machine and thought of gotg gameplay for the 10 minutes it took.
    Also confess the technician who stabbed me with dye was pretty smokin

As fun as it sounds, I’m trying to cut down my scans.

1 week later
    #10493 1 year ago

Work has been slow. I have only worked 1 shift in the last 8 days, and it’s been glorious!

#10512 1 year ago

My wife is mad because she dug into my plate of shrimp Pad Kee Mao and I didn’t warn her it was spicy. The harder I laughed the madder she got. Lesson learned.

3 months later
    #11413 10 months ago

Smoked and then flash fried is the best way to enjoy wings.

4 months later
    #11978 6 months ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Wtf is a pinbro?

The guy with a handlebar mustache and drinking a PBR

3 months later
    #12338 84 days ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess can’t wait to read this Christmas present from my sister
    [quoted image]

Chapter 7: The Art of Singing Like a Woman

1 week later
    #12366 72 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Confess I never cared for brussell sprouts until I had them roasted. A whole different taste.

Skewered and then grilled are delicious!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaybird815.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=jaybird815 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.