Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtn-.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2518 3 years ago

I confess I had beer for breakfast. Together with panfried sourdough bread with pungent cheese and cured meats.

#2532 3 years ago

Hey @johnnypinball007, are you feeling better?

#2559 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that out of all the household chores i like folding the washing the best.

I confess I looked up Woolgoolga on Wikipedia, and there I learned about the curry festival. I love curry, as long as they arent based on coconut milk. My stomach can tolerate everything except that.

#2567 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yep i once lived with a Swedish girl and we never had an argument in 3 years. I realized it was because neither of us gave a fuck what the other one thought.

And that is why we Scandinavians should rule the world.

#2569 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You're all to busy arguing amongst yourselves about shit that happened years ago to worry about ruling anything
    Gratuitous troll pic for my Scandinavian friends
    [quoted image]

Haha, yeah. The worst thing that ever happened to Scandinavia was the christening.

#2587 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

She's ready.
    LTG : )
    [quoted image]

Careful, your tempting little OTTO.

#2591 3 years ago

I have to confess, Im very worried about post Covid-19 regarding pets.

Here, in Norway, dog breeders report twice-thrice the amount of interest per dog puppy comparing to before.

Then, when taking into consideration that dogs are the "highest ranking pets", what will happen to all the cats, bunnies, turtles and what not?

Unfortunately, my belief is that a majority of "pandemic pets" will be left to shelters, killed or just left in nature, because owners prioritize their fucking family trip to Spain when they are all vaccinated up.

This is already a huge problem (worldwide), pre c19.

#2644 3 years ago

So thats how your place got started? Awesome.

1 week later
    #2719 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Thanks for the heads up! That was a funny story!
    Also THANKS for the belly rub pic! I did a double take, the knees look like boobs at first.

Did you know I have a thing for kneeboobs?

2 weeks later
    #2795 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Does johnnypinball type his confession posts or does he use some form of talk-to-text app/program?

Johnny uses a proper computer instead of smartphone, I believe.

1 week later
    #2820 3 years ago

I confess that while I love a awesome movie as much as anyone, I do not have time for a movie that ends up not being awesome, and I read the wiki plot a lot of the time, to see if the movie is worth my time.
    Sorry to be so short, I am trying to behave tonight.
    And thanks again LTG, you always have awesome stories! Please keep sharing!

Are you off the Natty train tonight?

2 weeks later
    #2845 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I am concerned that I have not seen johnnypinball007 on pinside recently. Hope everything is ok, I miss his long posts!

Yeah, dito. He hasnt been here for quite a few days now..

JohnnyPinball007 - we need another long post!

#2851 3 years ago

Yeah. Im getting worried about @johnnypinball007. Anyone know how to reach him? I remember reading he has been buying/selling with other Pinsiders. Someone should have his phone number?

Normally I wouldnt react like this, but since he also been posting about not feeling good..

#2853 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

So I have a room of beaters, every one of them has received "The Treatment", they all play great, no burnt bulbs, 100%.
    Then my Neighbor comes in and looks around, he has all new machines, the latest, greatest.
    For some reason we have a great time. No judgment.
    When given the opportunity to play Pinball, any kind, its such a rare occurrence in the Wild.
    So its still fun, no matter what you have invested, or your mods, or latest code, or butter cabinet, low serial number prototype backglassoneofakindlimitededitionpowdercoatedledincrustedstillinboxoutofboxhuo.

Yeah! I like playing pinball alone, but I fucking love playing with other ppl.

#2871 3 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

I'm trying to be the 1st person to write a top 10 song with Covid-19 for it's topic.
    1 line has something like... "I knew you had Covid-19 but I kissed you anyway "

What about "wuhan clan aint nuthing to cough with"?

#2884 3 years ago

I like instrumental hiphop beats, not the rapping. DJ Muggs made alot of nice instrumental stuff.

#2890 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

With all that’s going on, and most stores have their bathrooms closed! I confess that I drink my 3rd coffee on the road, grossly paid for public parking n pissed in the parkade! And I really don’t feel bad about it..

Good thing you only needed a piss!

1 week later
    #2919 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that i ahcheived a milestone today. For the first time in decades of using shaving cream in a can, i managed to get the xact right amount in my hand instead of 2-2.5 times as much as i need.
    Usually it doesn't matter if i put half as much in my hand, i still have twice as much as i need. It defies the laws of physics, like being able to eat more than twice as much as will fit in your stomach at a Chinese smorgasbord.

You made me google! I thought, wtf is a chinese smorgasbord, feeling alittle agitated.

Then I found out its a chain of restaurants. Clever name!

3 weeks later
    #2989 3 years ago

I confess that I still love the six feet rule, but I hate wearing a mask. I do wear a mask, but I do not like it.
    And soon I may have to see a doctor. Been over a year since I went to one. Of all damn things my big toe is staying painful.
    It is weird, a tiny patch of dead skin just hurts like a mf.
    Last night me and my girlfriend stayed up until 5am. It had been a while since I was up that late. 3am is pretty normal when I don't have to be up at 5am the next morning.
    And several things are bothering me:
    1. plenty of storm damage still around after about 7 weeks now.
    2. I am still waiting for storm damage to be repaired at a rental house, everyone is just so busy it is insane.
    3. Nothing is simple anymore, what should have been a 5 minute call with AT&T last night lasted 2 hours to get resolved.
    4. yeah, again, the loss of my best friend and next door neighbor Dwayne across the lake, and the loss of Who-Dey.
    Anyway, I take care of the yard work at the lake, and the house on the other side that is closest to my house, and was cleaning up leaves yesterday.
    Some of the leaves I burn, some I dump in the woods behind that house. Whatever is closer and easier.
    Anyway, there is a trail there, Dwayne always walked his dogs there and I kept the trail open.
    Yesterday it finally sunk in and I closed that trail. (unless some stranger wants to climb over a 5 foot high pile of leaves).
    (that wooded land is owned by a church on another road).
    I am at the end of the dead end street, with woods on one side, and a lake on the other side. I love not being jammed up like most new developments.
    And I confess I planned to go to bed 3 beers ago, I have a busy day coming up, going to the wholesale club to pick up a few things, doing yard work at a rental house, and still have more wood to split, BUT:
    My girlfriend is not here bitching that I spend too much time here, and I do not have to be up at 5am to help anyone on a job, so WTF, a good time to type a book here like I used to.
    And while 2020 has sucked, at least I have not been sick.
    Who would have ever guessed that 6 feet away and a mask could have prevented a lot of doctor trips in the past.
    F the mask stuff in the future, and the only person I want to be closer than 6 feet is my girlfriend.
    And I never cared to shake anyone's hand anyway, some bastards used to squeeze the shit out of my hand, I hated that crap.
    I like the 6 feet away, and a fist bump to seal a deal.
    And there are several pins I would like to play, and LTG has most of them, so once virus stuff calms down I am on a road trip, and I hope Prada is still around for a belly rub.
    I like variety. Next game I want is a pitch and bat.
    I also hope Raw Thrills has more animal hunts with new bonus rounds for sale soon also, that Big Buck Hunter arcade is awesome!
    And THANKS AGAIN! LTG and everyone that posts fun posts here to read!
    I have never golfed, but I would love to golf with LTG. (using a tree and not letting him drive the cart).
    LTG, another funny story, please?

Sorry for a long quote without adding much, but thank you @johnnypinball007, Ive always enjoyed your rants/confessions. Skål kompis!

2 weeks later
    #3050 3 years ago

Unfortunately I do think that is something that is impossible to be rid of in a hobby where we buy and sell quite expensive toys..

#3084 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I once saw a railway station breathing.
    ThoseWereTheDaysPunkin

Yeah. Acid can do that.

2 weeks later
    #3139 3 years ago

I confess, its sunday, around 15 here, I start work in 20 hours, give or take. I already had 5 beers and 30 games on this one, that my good buddy Edenecho brought here:
    IMG_20210124_145708 (resized).jpgIMG_20210124_145708 (resized).jpg

I love this machine. Steve Ritchie for statsminister!

1 week later
    #3175 3 years ago

I dont believe in ghosts either, but I do find the phenomenon fascinating and like reading all your stories here.

1 week later
    #3237 3 years ago

Hows it going with your lady @johnnypinball007? Little otto and I are hoping for good news.

#3243 3 years ago

I confess that I do truly believe JohnnyPinball007 should take the glass of his #twd and clean the playfield.

1 month later
    #3446 3 years ago

Hey @johnnypinball007, check out openoffice, its free.

1 week later
    #3477 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess I was off work for 3 weeks w Covid, just came back yesterday, and I didn't look at Pinside once while I was off.

Good to hear your doing ok!

#3489 3 years ago

I like to put the sausage in a tortilla, add some onions, perhaps alittle coleslaw, mustard, sriracha and some pickles

#3497 2 years ago

I confess I just called in sick because Im just totally broken and worn down after working 10h saturday.

#3516 2 years ago

Cool! We used to do the same thing! At Dad's construction business, on top of the shop building you could see the Atlanta skyline, and we used to sit up there drinking also and throwing bottles into the woods.
    Back then even if caught drinking and driving it was just a ticket, even if underage. We were also 15-19 at the time.
    I never once drove when I was really messed up. I would sleep in the office.
    But yeah, I would have a few and drive, back when it was just a ticket.
    And I never got one of those tickets, and I have never been to jail, and I plan to keep it that way.
    There is no need to chance a $2000.00 expense and possible jail time, when a cab or other ride is a whole lot cheaper.

Yeah. Around 15 years ago a very good childhood friend of me got in the car after having a few too much, smashed his car and killed the girl who was riding with him. He got jail time for this, obviously, and while in jail he got to know heroin. I talked to him for a few times over the phone, and he was all sad and messed up. About a year and a half after he got out he hung himself.

I dont know, but Ive would probably done the same thing myself.

1 week later
    #3538 2 years ago

I confess I have never sold a game.
    Lately I've been thinking about doing a shopjob of my first, Pharaoh, and offering it up for trade.

However, when I started cleaning it up(and it was in a really good shape before), it brought back good memories from when I bought it. So it stays.

1 week later
    #3595 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that I cosplayed Eleven from Stranger Things to make our first league night in over a year a very memorable one. And as my friend said, I looked more like Nixon than Eleven, but I made a lot of people happy and that was the point.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Haha. You can add another person to that list of happy people!

#3601 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I confess its spring here in Saskatchewan finally and will be summer soon, and I don't give a shit about pinball right now that it's golf season. But I have to keep coming to pinside every day, because if I leave this place too long, there's no fuckin' way i'm rooting through 1000+ posts in the Rick and Morty thread to try to catch up on things.

Thats too bad. It means no more ice fishing pictures for a couple of months!

1 week later
    #3668 2 years ago

I confess, this is how I grind my coffe, Im too cheap to buy an electric grinder and too lazy to grind by hand.

So I just hold the grinder with one hand and run the makita slowly so the grinder doesnt overheat due to friction. One battery charge lasts almost three months. Makita! ❤️

IMG_20210412_165832 (resized).jpgIMG_20210412_165832 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #3727 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Jees. I can go without beer just fine when i'm in hospital, but would not do it by choice.
    Confess i bought a new snake yesterday. I'll see him end of next week, my brother is picking him up from Sydney.
    Should coincide with my new two story custom tank being delivered next week. Got a local bloke to build it to my drawings. Think walk in shower cubicle, 2m (6'8") high 1m (3') wide x 600mm (2') deep, with a shelf in the middle. Snake penthouse luxury. Only the best for my boys.
    My two older Bredli pythons will go in that tank (1 upstairs, 1 downsyairs) in my office/house and the new Jungle Python will go in the tank in the front room where we hang out and play pinball all day.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That is a beautiful snake. Reminds me of a wasp. Especially like the details around his/her mouth. Looks like fake small black fangs.

#3729 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I got through a week without alcohol! I pretty much had to, due to the diverticulitis. I’m about 95% better now, but I’m going to wait until I’m 100% before I indulge again. I’ve been substituting ice cream for beer, and I still lost a few pounds this week.
    I do have a pinball confession. I only need about 4 hours to finish the playfield swap on my Mata Hari, but I’ve been ignoring it for months. I think Sunday might be the day, finally.

Awesome! When Im on the water train I usually drink excessive amounts of coffe and use three snus instead of one. Almost makes me shit myself. (This is the confession thread..)

Mata Hari is a awesome game, and interesting B/G considering the artist.

#3731 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Tried snus when i was over that way, never really saw the point of it. Kept up with snuff for a while, but not more than 6 months.
    You'd be having long days now too? Loved the summer in Northern Sweden and Norway.

Yeah, long days. I live around Oslo these days, so no midnight sun atleast. It might be special and what not, but it fucks you over mentally. Or me atleast. You go from too much darkness to too much light.

Its no wonder black and death metal comes from Scandinavia.

Snus is the ultimate way to consume nicotine.. Mmm.

#3733 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Plus you guys have got that ball lightning coming in your windows and floating round your rooms, fuck that shit. Happy just to be dealing with dropbears here.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

Thats just the CIA trying to figure out what made us vikings.

1 week later
    #3770 2 years ago

Happy birthday @johnnypinball007!

#3804 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

We just put our little buddy of 18 years to sleep a couple hours ago due to a failing kidney. I haven't cried that hard in 20 years.
    [quoted image]

Sorry for your loss. Im sure your little friend had 18 fantastic years.

1 week later
    #3856 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

i posted last week that we had to put our little buddy of 18 years to sleep because his kidney was finally giving up after a 2 year fight, and it's been the hardest 10 days i can remember in a long time. My wife and I cry daily. I've lost relatives that didnt hurt this bad. The whole house feels different. Gonna be a long road back.
    [quoted image]

Sorry for your loss. Im sure he had 18 very good years with you.

#3917 2 years ago

I confess I just got my first shot of Pfizer for 15 minutes ago!

2 weeks later
    2 weeks later
    #4214 2 years ago

I confess Im feeling a little excited. In a few hours we are hosting our first IFPA tournament since January 2020.

Friends, pinball, beer, bunker. Mmm.

#4220 2 years ago

Confess I played like shit and didnt qualify for finals yesterday. 1.5 points to little. And I was playing the machines Ive been playing during lockdown since fucking March 2020ish. Aaaarfgs

2 weeks later
    #4327 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You've never had a fat girlfriend ?

I confess I do prefer more than less. I like women who can keep me warm in the nordic winters and give me shadow in the summers.

#4381 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Reminds me of the yearly torsk dinner. Dip it in melted butter, tastes like lobster.
    I asked why don't they call it lobster then ?
    The beverage was ocuvite. Tasted like it was made from fermented asphalt.

I love torsk. But I thought you called it cod?

1 month later
    #4660 2 years ago

Dont let it get to you @johnnypinball007. You didnt mean any harm. Please keep on posting. Everyone can make an honest mistake.

#4690 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Inuits? Lol
    More like Canadians. I’m not sure if there is anywhere in Canada that doesn’t hit -20 at some point in the winter. Where I grew up, we played outdoor hockey for hours at that temp. You actually do get used to it.
    I confess, prefer the snow over the beach if I’m going on vacation.

Hell yeah. I'd rather go ice fishing than sun bathing.

2 weeks later
    #4843 2 years ago

Well, Ive been on the train since six this morning. Thats about six hours already. Im on the first train since the borders was shut due to the pandemic in March 2020. Going home to visit family and friends until november. Gonna try and fit in a pinball tournament or two aswell.

My confession? Ive been drinking my homebrewed wine since I woke up and I do feel fucking fantastic.

1 month later
    #5460 2 years ago

I confess that on the 18 of October I lost my oldest friend here in Norway. Just like JohnnyPinball007 s friend he went due to pancreatic cancer. He died on the day three months after he was diagnosed.

We used to celebrate xmas together, with my friends sweet dear old mother and the dogs. Now it will be just me and little OTTO on xmas. Fucking sucks. However, I dont mean to complain. This is just life. And my original confession was that I wanted to tell that I still text my old buddy and swear at him for leaving us.

2 weeks later
    #5598 2 years ago

I confess that when Im bored and just checking out pinside on my phone, I often check other Pinsiders location on Wikipedia.

Last victim was @johnnypinball007, and now I know that Mableton has lots of trees.

#5626 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Alright I confess I just woke up from a nap and currently wouldn’t mind a FOF sandwich. But I’ll save that topic for a different thread.
    I confess I want to get a wedgehead out of storage and start shopping it. I’m tempted to create a thread in the EM hangout section and have everyone vote which game I work on next. There’s gotta be 10 or 12 EMs to choose from. Maybe I’ll record my shopping it out too I haven’t done anything for YouTube in December.

Didn't know you had a YT channel, whats the name?

2 months later
    #6235 2 years ago

I love that song! Confess I also love Games Without Frontiers.
    (Confess I cannot stand Sledgehammer).
    I haven't been posting much lately, because I have been getting up early and playing in the dirt.
    Confess I love that Volvo excavator my friend has, 80,000-pound machine and it is very fast for its size, and controls are awesome, no slop or play at all.
    (Pictured is the 20-foot-deep pit that I am digging and loading on dump trucks to build a road. The pit will be filled back in with the bad dirt and topsoil that was not usable for the road.
    (Confess I think it would make one hell of a swimming pool myself, just concrete that sucker and add a diving board).
    [quoted image]

Im happy to see its VOLVO.

#6237 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Can't remember cooking again last night. Swear i'm gunna burn the shed down one day.

Maybe you should construct a cooking shed so you dont burn your collection of pinball machines?

#6242 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm a morning dishes guy.
    Reading this book atm about exactly what you are talking about. Perhaps someone borrowed your body? Read at your own risk as you may find it disturbing.
    Touch by Claire North
    Touch tells the story of Kepler, a "ghost" who was born as the result of a violent death hundreds of years ago. Kepler can only exist by possessing people, an act that takes complete control of a host and leaves them with no memory of the time they were possessed. Kepler is not the only one of his kind, there are many ghosts scattered all over the globe, and while the plot may focus on Kepler and his battle against an evil ghost named Galileo, the real story of Touch is the search for a semblance of humanity by an entity that can only ever assume their host's identity, never able to completely subsume the host, and therefore never able to live a life of their own.
    As expected, the world that has been crafted by North is a most excellent fictional retelling of our own history, with the history of the ghosts having been inserted like they were always a part of our history. Ghosts have taken men into battle, ghosts have turned a petulant child into a blossoming young adult, ghosts are responsible for those out-of-character acts done by people who know better. North leaves no stone unturned as she crafts a world that seems so real, and it is a testament to her knowledge, research, and sheer creativity. Like all of her previous worlds, I have become so lost in the world of Touch and would love more and more stories set in this world.
    The entity known by others as Kepler is the protagonist for this story, a ghost who began human life as a man but over the centuries has transitioned to a more neutral state where male, female, or non-binary gender is just a natural extension of who Kepler is. I love the concept of Kepler, but Kepler the person leaves a lot to be desired (deliberately so, I think). Kepler has lived for many years but is still incredibly naive and incredibly dense, openly compassionate whilst being silently selfish. Kepler has always tried hard to leave the smallest footprint possible with intent to make the host's life better, but always managing to destroy many lives in the process. It's really hard to empathise with an immortal being like Kepler, especially one who is so self-righteous that they can't see the harm that they cause, but North imbues Kepler with such endearing qualities that you can’t help but be fascinated by the damn entity and all the awesome / terrible things it does.

Please remind me to get a copy of that book.

#6243 2 years ago

#6245 2 years ago

Please remind me of that too. Damn JohnnyPinball007 is so quick with his thumbs up Im impressed

1 week later
    #6386 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Just took a rip on the shatter pen. I coughed and it sounded like the intro to Sweet Leaf. Lol

I want to party with you sometime dirk.

#6395 2 years ago

Been behaving bad in a strikes pinball tournament, have we?

#6522 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I got bit hard by a dying racoon in the summer.
    I was trying to re assure it while it was recovering from a massive tree jump trying to escape from my dog. Man I was really pissed at finley that day!

That does explain alot.

#6631 2 years ago
    Quoted from prl867:

The only reason I got an A- in Spanish 3 my senior year in HS was because of my inappropriate relationship with my teacher.
    To be clear, she was 22 and I was 18, so it was legal, but being it was a Catholic All Boys School and it was her first year teaching, it was still quite taboo.

Pics or it didn't happen.

#6636 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The Amiga 500 was my downfall in high school,,ruined my dating life and other high school activities
    Edit

Yeah, but those porn iff/ gifs took forever to load from floppy drive. I still have a Amiga 1200 and A600, with acceleratorboards etc. Never use them though. Unfortunately. Many good games, but none come near a physical and real pinball machine.

2 weeks later
    #6814 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I work at a hardware store. Obviously, part of my job is to direct customers to products they are trying to find. However, I confess that sometimes I'm not sure where the thing they are looking for is, or even worse I don't even know what they are asking for.
    A few days ago a customer asked me for some obscure part, and I didn't know where it was and she got angry and told me that I should know and that she needs this part for her husband's outhouse project. I told her I was sorry, and I called someone who knew on my radio.
    All ended relatively well, lady got her plumbing part and I didn't get fired lol.
    Still kinda bothers me, people are really rude sometimes. I'm not perfect, and I'm not an expert on plumbing parts.
    This stuff happens, I guess.

I confess, so do I.

3 weeks later
    #7189 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Lyft scooters appeared on the boulevard in front of SS Billiards.
    I wonder if they'll be used ? I wonder if they'll disappear ?
    [quoted image]

These have caused so much problems around here, perhaps mostly due to poor regulation but how I fucking hate those left everywhere, in the middle of the street, causing problems for people with bad eye sight and what not.

#7199 1 year ago

Thats where they failed miserably in Oslo, Norway. No regulations at all at first. We had like 30k of those e-scooters in a 600kish population. It was very, very bad. Now its regulated to 8k, I believe.

#7209 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Best Norwegian series is Ragnorok. Really good stuff. Cannot recommend enough - on Netflix.

No, its not. Check out Lilyhammer.

4 weeks later
    #7425 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I don't own a mower or have any grass.

Thats because you smoked / ate it all, my friend.

2 weeks later
    #7730 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

4 of us travelled up the coast to a weekend tournament at a pinball arcade weekend gone.
    I confess that we were all completely shocked and dismayed at the culture of machine abuse operating there. Rage tilting was so common that some players having a bad game would tilt all three balls violently by shoving the machine, sometimes so hard that it hit the wall behind it. Hard slaps to the side were also common after the ball had entered outlanes or center drain.
    Not just one but 8 or 10 of the 30 odd players were constants at it. One of the players there was a top 100 world ranked player and was probably one of the main people to watch for. It seemed to be a permanent part of their culture.
    The owner of the place didn't seem to give a fuck about it.
    It can't be good for the cabinets and it's certainly fucking rude to the player after you. I came up to the machine at one stage to play my first ball, not noticing that this had gone on before me, tilted by pressing the flipper buttons in the first few seconds of my ball. When i mentioned the tilt to someone, they said it was because of the player before me.
    I invited some of them to my place to play a return weekend, but i will be making it clear at briefing that this behavior will get you sidelined for first offense, and ejected for second. It seemed to be the main topic of conversation amongst our small group, none of us could see a reason to be angry with the machine?
    It doesn't happen at pool comps, or fishing comps here. Man, we are playing for $50 prizes. I just can't see the point of shoving the machine after the ball is lost, we are not children.
    The general consensus and the phrase that seemed to be on our lips all the time was 'It's just fucking pinball'. Here we play pinball because it's fun.
    Is this common in comps everywhere including the states?

No uneccesary violence allowed at our tournaments either, we also use the yellow/red card system. Hell, these are damn expensive toys.

#7734 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Never played in a tourney before, never wanna take it that seriously.
    "ItsJustAGamePunkin"

Its very social and a great way to make new friends who share the hobby. And it's damn fun!

1 week later
    #7904 1 year ago

Confess I cannot stand lemons.
    They taste sour or tart or something that my taste buds hate.
    When dining out I always ask for water with no lemon.
    Half the damn time they still put lemon in my water anyway.
    When too bad I have to just send the water back.
    Not sure if it is because of my low blood sugar or what, but I am always thirsty, and something about the taste of lemon just big time dries my mouth out worse, and I hate it.

Confess if on vacation I may have my first beer at 2pm at the earliest anymore.
    Normally I have my first beer around 7pm now.
    Confess when I was younger and drinking 35 beers a day, I was starting a lot earlier.
    Confess I am only having maybe 10 beers a night now.
    Confess it has been many years since I actually counted how many beers I am having now, but for sure it is not 35 now.
    All I mainly drink is water and beer.
    Confess most of the time I drink tap water when drinking water, and bottled water only when I am working and easier to put the bottle of water in my pocket so that I have it when I need it.
    Confess in the past I was going to try to save money by re-filling plastic water bottles with tap water.
    Confess that shit does not work, tap water in a plastic bottle does not taste well at all for some reason.
    Also, weird how I can put 8 bottles of bottled water in the fridge, and one always freezes solid.
    Nothing else ever freezes in there, and random, not like a certain place in the fridge doing that.
    I was told that pure water freezes the fastest, so I wonder what the rest of those "pure" bottles of water have in them that they are not freezing also.
    All I know is when working I like cold water, I cannot stand to drink warm water, so I may start putting some bottles of water in the freezer as hot as it is now.
    Last week I was doing some grass cutting jobs and had one of those frozen bottles of water out of the fridge with me, and it was perfect, melted as I needed to, and I had cold water for a long time instead of warm water.
    Confess water or beer has to be ice cold or I do not like it.
    Confess water I am swimming in or relaxing in has to be very warm or I cannot stand it, like at least 86 degrees.
    The people that do that "polar plunge" or whatever it is called, jumping in frozen water, they can have that shit. Hell No!
    Confess it was fun and relaxing to type another long post here.
    I hope all of you have a Great Weekend!

You should try going directly from sauna to jumping in really cold water. It's quite a sensation.

1 month later
    #8449 1 year ago

punkin Haha. Around 1998/99 when me and a friend were living in London (UK) , he actually got a "bad trip" from the exorcist, started crying and such. We had some shrooms /smoke before starting the movie, and I guess it didnt help I laughed at him. (Lesson learned.)

1 week later
    #8688 1 year ago

I tested positive for Covid-19 for the first time yesterday. Felt really bad sunday, not so bad yesterday and pretty ok today. I just want to confess that I am however gonna use my possible "free" sickdays to sit around at home, drink beer, read on Pinside and also tomorrow go and repair a game (Pharaoh) at our location.

And I dont even feel the slightest bad about doing it.

#8690 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You don't have isolation rules there?

No, not anymore. Havent had since april I think.

#8692 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Ok, i'd worry that i may pass it on to someone who has underlying health problems. I stayed home for 7 days till i cleared a test for that reason (plus it's the law).
    Figured i could kill someone through not giving a fuck who never asked to be killed.

Actually, I checked. It was on the 12th of February all isolation rules/law was made obsolete.

#8716 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Nearly lost my big snake yesterday.
    I had him out on the neighbours front lawn hoping he'd take a dump and chatting to said neighbour who was on his verandah. I was sitting on a stool 3' from where my 7' snake was relaxing in the sun, when a kookaburra came in over my right shoulder swooping for the snake.
    He missed in height by a couple inches, but only because he couldn't get that low because my body blocked him.
    One punch from the beak and he would have been toast and cause the bastard was sneaky and came in behind me it was all over by the time i'd moved. Their beak is like the pointy end of a pick.

I thought the two larger snakes were too big for the Kookas, but clearly not.

Im happy your little friend survived punkin

1 month later
    #9286 1 year ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that sometimes things happen during my day and at the time it seems like a story I could post in the confessional, so I make myself a mental note for later.
    But then by the time I get home I realize it was actually a dumb story and don't post it. Thank goodness for my better judgement or this thread would be filled with aspects of my daily life that no one cares about.
    And I'm also too lazy after work to write an entire paragraph on pinside, anyway.

Now youve sparked my interest! I'd like to know more.

#9323 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The only thing worse than knowing you have to get up for a crap in the middle of the night is not knowing you have to get up for a crap in the middle of the night.

Thats what happen to me if I eat Habanero.

#9327 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My favourite habernero sauce is a milder one that can be used on everything.
    It's a knockoff of a commercial sauce that the US guys get. I copped it off the net and it is a great gift that people love. Plus it's a no cook! all done in the blender.
    Tom's "Lotties True Bajan Hot Sauce" Knockoff
    • 12 md Habaneros, stemmed, seeded
    • 2 lg Cayenne peppers, stemmed, seeded
    • 1 15 oz can sliced Mango, drained
    • 1 c Cheap Yellow mustard
    • 1/4 c Brown sugar, packed
    • 5 tb White vinegar
    • 1 tb Curry powder
    • 2 ts Cumin
    • 1 tb Chili powder
    • 1 ts Salt, or to taste
    • 1 ts Fresh ground black pepper
    And now, the directions: Place the seeded peppers and vinegar in a blender and grind it fine. Slowly add the other ingredients and process until smooth.
    Pour into two 12 ounce Lotties jars and enjoy.
    [quoted image]

Thanks! Saved this to my bookmarks, will test this sometime.

#9331 1 year ago

I love really hot food but my body doesn't anymore.

#9365 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Been a bit worried about my lack of appetite lately as it's coinciding with a little more unbalance at night than my alcohol intake suggests.
    Looked up my symptoms this morning and it confirmed my suspicions.
    The symptoms of malnutrition are:
    losing weight
    losing muscle
    losing appetite
    pale skin
    confusion
    hair loss
    wounds that do not heal
    weakness
    falls
    dental problems
    Best see a dietician. Problem is the loss of appetite. I don't know how they'll fix that.
    I don't eat every day and i have no interest in food at all.
    I used to travel overseas just on food tours.

Yeah, better check that out. Its a mystery to me because with the amount of weed and beer you drive into you (nothing wrong with that!) youd think that good eatings would somehow follow.

#9373 1 year ago

I like to think it hardens the mouth.

#9376 1 year ago

Pickled beatroot is awesome.

2 weeks later
    #9625 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Confess Galaga was my favorite arcade game and I played it a lot in high school. And I was pretty good - turned the game over one afternoon skipping school at the local kids hang out - I was the only one in the place. Yelled to the waitress who was my age working on COOP to come and check it out as the points roll to 0 after 999,999,999 and I wanted a witness. The stages stayed, was something like stage 120. Played over an hour. Still nowhere near stage 255 (last stage), I think I just got tired after a while. I can still play pretty good today but not like that. I guess I was pretty excited because I still remember it. Being first on the leaderboard seemed pretty important back then.

Back then? Its still important! But in a different way perhaps..

3 weeks later
    #9866 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is a slide save and a bangback not the exact same thing?

nopes.

#9869 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What is the difference? I assumed it was when you slid the machine after draining to bang the ball off the apron and back into play

Slide save is before draining.. Often to save a ball headed SDTM.

#9899 1 year ago

I confess I have never liked christmas or anything about it. Well, except for the food.

#9901 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Confess how happy I am that I actually have a freshwater spring on my property. No pump needed just comes right out of the ground.
    Never realized how many people are concerned with water supply. My buddy has the food I have the everlasting fresh water.

Indeed. Good quality free fresh water is something I've always taken for granted living in Scandinavia. I confess to beeing abit spoiled!

1 week later
    #10091 1 year ago

I confess I havent played any pinball at all since our five day xmas tournament in the beginning of december.

I also confess Ill be alone with my precious little dog this xmas. Was gonna celebrate, get really drunk and roast a suckling pig with a friend, but were both sick as dogs with some kind of flu or something so.. Ill just stay at home, have some wine and lots of rest.

#10095 1 year ago

Im guilty to that as well. In the summer I piss in one corner of my very small garden, and in the winter (when its snow) I try to melt a hole as big as possible in the snow. I tried to write my name last year, didnt really succed.

1 week later
    #10207 1 year ago

I confess, today I lost first place in our monthly "little saturday" tournament due to one bad shot. Stern KISS (pro).. Arghs!

#10231 1 year ago

Pork rinds > potato chips

#10234 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Chicken rinds = BOOM

Hm, never had I think. I do love those asian prawn crackers tho

#10329 1 year ago

Going out for dinner is only ok if theres alot of drinking involved, imo.

1 week later
    #10443 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

For cats to be friendly you have to handle them a lot when they are very young to get them used to contact. Otherwise they bite and scratch forever trying to get you out of their space.
    I confess I’m not a dog person. I like dogs, but have no desire to have one as a pet. They are high maintenance. Having a dog to me is like having kids.
    My issues aren’t with dogs though, rather with my dog owner friends. They assume that everyone wants to spend time with their dog. I admit I get annoyed when people try to bring their dogs into my house without checking first, and get pissy when they are told not to. I’m also not a fan of when they insist on going to hang out at dog friendly restaurants and bars where the dogs lose their shit (both figuratively and literally). If we do go somewhere without the dog, after a couple hours it turns into a fire drill because they need to rush home or the dog will pee/poop/chew/scratch or otherwise destroy their place. The last 3 airports I’ve been at have all had dog accidents on the floor that I have watched people drag their luggage through due to cruddy pet parents not cleaning up after them. Pretty gross.
    Cats are more my speed. They are like room mates. They do their own thing and hang out when they want to. I never have to change my plans because of my cats.
    [quoted image]

Get better friends.

#10447 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

The last couple times I went to Menards there were people in there with dogs - I'm like, wtf, you really need to bring your dog to the hardware store??

I run part of a hardware store and my dog is with me most days. Mostly in the back though, except the few times he escapes and run around like a crazy 8 year old retard.

We also enjoy people bringing their dogs to the store, and never had any incidents except perhaps a wee urine leak or similar. I usually take the blame for that.

Id rather have ten dogs then two spoiled whiny screaming children in the store. Better for business too.

#10450 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

A hardware store is one thing, I've been to mom/pop hardware stores and auto shops that have dogs/cats -
    Menards is like Home Depot or Lowes, a large department store type place - you dont need to bring a dog or cat in there.

Still better than screaming children considering ATV.

#10454 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

That’s the daily struggle, I need to go out and try to be sociable. Relocated here about 5 years ago. Covid lock downs turned me into a bit of a shut in. All my good friends are still 1000 miles away.

Are there any pinball tournaments going on locally? Perfect place for meeting like minded and have a few beers.

1 week later
    #10551 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i love the white trim on Whitewater.
    When i saw the pics online i thought 'oh well if i don't like it when it gets here i have a mate who is a powdercoater and i'll have it redone in blue.
    Once i saw it in person i know i would not change it, it's really nice. In your face, but nice.
    And the machine itself is so much better than i expected, it's like brand new.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice game. But does the ball knock the glass when you hit insanity falls?

#10561 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Holy crap have times changed. I was arrested, strip searched and charged with possession of narcotics for a half gram of weed when I was 18
    [quoted image]

Almost happened in Norway aswell, a while back. But its coming sooner or later. Sweden? I doubt it.

#10602 1 year ago

I confess yesterday when my hockey team lost during OT I kind of lost it. Worst part is that little OTTO got scared for a minute.. Bad human!

1 week later
    #10641 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You'd think i'd know better than to tell anyone i know how to sharpen a knife by now.
    [quoted image]

Once I got myself a Tormek I've never looked back. Excellent swedish engineering.

#10686 1 year ago

Careful, careful.. I know lots of Pinsiders enjoy receiveing a good spanking

#10696 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess it's 6am and the girlies are in the gym next door doing crosstraining.
    I had an urge for breakfast out of the blue and started cooking smoked German Debreziner sausages just before they got here.
    The whole block smells like spicy smoked sausage.
    Poor bastards must be starving smelling it.

You got your appetite back?

1 week later
    #10749 1 year ago

Yeah, I need to really get back into reading books. When growing up I read tons and tons of books, and really enjoyed it. Nowadays, its mostly when on vacation or travelling.

I agree with you @punkin, the mental stimulation from reading is so much more than from a movie / similar. (Dont get me wrong though, I fucking love movies and series aswell.)

Good thing is, I have a library card and a library five minutes away. I wonder if they will allow little OTTO to come inside with me?

#10812 1 year ago

107 for me. And probably nothing important!

2 weeks later
    #10956 1 year ago

I have so many stories, but I fear the judgement..

#10970 1 year ago

I confess Im just posting to show off my new avatar which ofc is little OTTO resting on my beer belly.

Damn, I love beer on sundays.

3 weeks later
    #11166 1 year ago

Every joint comes with a complimentary egg? Awesome!

#11180 1 year ago

Epoxy based coffe spoons? Beautiful, but no thanks.

#11182 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

They are only for measuring mate, you are not spossed to lick them.
    beats mine, anyway.
    [quoted image]

Seldom need to use them, I go by eye measure. Strong and black as hell, no sugar nor milk/cream. A dash of water if Im in a hurry.

#11184 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

So, you have your coffee dry if you are not in a hurry?
    That's fine, but some of us use tools....
    Measuring is for repeatability. Pretend you were using those measuring spoons for baking, if you don't prefer to measure the beans into your coffee grinder.
    I like my coffee to taste the same most days and if i want it stronger or weaker i can adjust that if i measure.
    But i measure everything. I weigh my pot brownies every day to work out my preferred serve, even though i cut them on a grid board.

Yeah, well, my eyes can tell if its the same amount freshly ground or not. Since Ive been doing it for many years. Sure, it varies alittle but not by much. And IMO you really have to go to extremes to make it too strong.

Heres a pic of the grinder, but I exchanged the handle with a Makita.

PXL_20230418_215150860.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230418_215150860.MP (resized).jpg
    #11186 1 year ago

Your table is alot cleaner than mine!

1 week later
    #11278 12 months ago

You have more than one?

#11340 11 months ago

I confess..

Tonight, my team, MoDo Hockey won game 7 in the final series towards Djurgården. 4 to fucking 0. In a best of 7 series. Now we go back to SHL after beeing in Allsvenskan since fucking 2017. We were very close to go up in 19/20, but that was cancelled due to COVID-19.

Those of you who know ice hockey know of Peter Forsberg, Markus Näslund and the twin brothers Sedin. All born and bred in MoDo.

MooooDoo!

#11380 11 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's Friday night again. Seems to come round quick.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

You should do the Rambo treatment!

#11394 11 months ago

Today I googled Baker act.

#11403 11 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I figured it out all on my lonesome.
    WeDon'tNeedNoStinkin'GooglePunkin

Well, so did I. However, I do prefer to read the details.

#11444 11 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

All good, this thing works just fine. It's all in the boogie.
    [quoted image]

Aaah yes. The finnish discodansit! Internet classic.

#11464 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

So, I have this pic as my screen saver at work, and when people find out it's not an arcade but my game room, invariably the next thing out of their mouth is "When are you having a party??"
    Well, that party is tonight at 6pm.
    My divorce was final last month, the house is still missing some things like artwork on the walls, maybe an end table here or there, but for better or worse, tonight is the night. I may need to sell a few games this year to pay off some things so I want everyone to see it at it's best. I'm a little nervous/anxious, but all of the games are cleaned up and ready to go. Upstairs I'm just gonna put on Youtube 80s rock videos, downstairs in the game room probably classic/hard rock on the stereo.
    Wish me luck.
    [quoted image]

Your gonna have a blast! Nothing to worry about!

1 week later
    #11541 11 months ago

I dont mind ants at all, as long as they stay outside.

#11557 10 months ago

TNA is fucking awesome. I remember I got goose bumps first time I played it, when I took the plunge and the music and lightshow really kicked in.

Mmm..

3 weeks later
    #11658 10 months ago

Sorry for your loss @punkin. Good thing you were able to help him with pain relief.

#11659 10 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I don't know where this whole thing comes from, but i've been to China many times. I've never seen Sweet and Sour Chicken.
    Really, you don't want to order chicken in China. They cut in such a way that every tiny little piece has a sharp bone in it. It's a mountain of work to try and eat it. Their favourite part is the feet.
    What you eat in North America has little to do with how China does it.

Same here. Although it is not uncommon that good chinese restaurants (outside China) have a kind of second menu, that you need to know about to ask for, with "more authentic" Chinese food. I believe it started as a service to chinese tourists visiting and got popular with all food interested people talking about it on the internet.

1 month later
    #11809 8 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Fucking scooters.
    [quoted image]

Heal well!

But as we say in Sweden, arga katter får rivet skinn.

1 week later
    #11845 8 months ago

Confess Im happy Swedish ice hockey season is starting up, albeit slowly. Got to stream my team (MoDo) s first training match earlier tonight. Awesome!

#11868 8 months ago

Got drunk today with a few other club members, and I was going home. When I came outside it was pissing rain so I thought fuck it, lets spend the night.

Gonna have a couple more beers and fall asleep.

PXL_20230818_214721106 (resized).jpgPXL_20230818_214721106 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #11930 7 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've got a small rock stuck in my forehead under the skin from my fall last month. They got most of the gravel out, but missed at least this bit (it was a mess and a minor issue compared to what else they were working on).
    It's annoying and painful, but seems to be working it's way out.
    Tossing up whether to go find a scalpel blade in the fist aid kit, or just let it pop out.

Make it stay and start growing it. Unpunkicorn

1 week later
    #11962 7 months ago

hey snowy_owl

Hows your shed build going? I cant seem to find the thread because unfortunately Im on my phone

#11965 7 months ago

Thanks! Thread showed up as unvisited, I must have fat fingered when drunk or something.. These damn phones

#11976 7 months ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

i liked it when only freaks, weirdos, and outlaws were the predominant demographic. Pinbros are sucking the creativity and danger out of the once fringe hobby. The overt focus on IFPA tournament points is slowly deteriorating my decades love affair with pinball.

Wtf is a pinbro?

#12003 7 months ago

We have a pretty good deposit system. If you buy a sixpack of beer you'll pay around 1.5 USD in deposit. So everybody recycles cans, and if you dont want to, just leave them by a public or private garbage disposal unit and someone else will take them.

... which unfortunately doesnt help on the fact that I've probably got beer cans for 800 USD in my basement.. :/

#12005 7 months ago

Maybe if you put some fish in there too punkin ?

#12009 7 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, could do with rollmops i know.
    Never got close to putting one of those in my mouth, and they were always in my fridge for about 3 years that i lived with Swedish Girl

Oh, you should really try one on knäckebröd with a sliced boiled egg.. Mmm

#12067 6 months ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

<blockquote cite="#7780653"

So are you actually telling us that Otto has a collection of over 500 beer cans?

Unfortunately empty!

2 weeks later
    #12121 6 months ago
    Quoted from aldrichg9:

I confess -
    After a few beers I come here to poke trolls then duck for a month or so.

45 posts in a year? You really should drink more beer.

2 weeks later
    #12211 5 months ago

Im a 44 year non dad (except for little OTTO) and I couldnt live one day without my headphones either.

3 weeks later
    #12251 4 months ago

I'd love me some schweinhaxe.

#12268 4 months ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

When I get 20 upvotes on my Pinside post[quoted image]

Hows your shed build coming along?

1 month later
    #12381 3 months ago

I confess, 8.5 years ago when little OTTO was a puppy, I checked to see if I could fit his entire head in my mouth. I could!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtn-.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=mtn- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.