Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoopertriplett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4362 2 years ago

Still scared to work on my own pin.

1 month later
    #4705 2 years ago

I like both Coldplay and the Killers.

3 weeks later
    #4964 2 years ago

I confess that the art on nearly all of the new machines released in the past year/being released hold no appeal to me. I like to think I'd enjoy a game just for the play when considering a purchase, but apparently art and theme matter more to me as prices climb. Am I a snob?!

1 week later
    #5138 2 years ago

I confess that sometimes I'm gripped by some real existential funk.

3 weeks later
    #5391 2 years ago

I confess I'm feeling a bit of FOMO - thinking about buying a pin I've never played for ~$9k. Foolishness.

1 month later
    #5866 2 years ago

I confess the lasting appeal of Twin Peaks is lost on me.

2 months later
    #6781 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm great, thank you for asking.
    Not much to do right now. CGC is building quality games so not much tech support. And with ignoring jjp, not as much I can help here.
    I do have a small funny. Back when the video game fad was on. And the brief time I used the change machine. Since so many places were on tokens and gave extra tokens when you used their token machines.
    I had customers tell me I should give extra quarters with my change machine.
    That was the quickest way to lose a lot of money fast I ever heard.
    LTG : )

I confess that I don't know if tokens from different places will work elsewhere. Is a token a token?

1 week later
    #6898 2 years ago

Hey Lloyd - I appreciate you and all you've done for the community. There are legions who have benefitted from your efforts and advocacy. The role you've played can't be measured. Thank you.

1 week later
    #7032 1 year ago

I confess to reading and thinking more about pinball than playing it.

1 week later
    #7108 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I was visiting a friend near Clemson at his lake house, and I asked “what’s your nearest nuclear target?” He didn’t even hesitate: “Five miles away, nuclear reactor. It’ll be quick, that’s the best way.” I agree, I would rather be vaporized than die from 3rd-degree burns and/or radiation sickness.

I work at a hospital near an oil refinery, electric power station, an air force base, and the intersection of two highways - it'll be quick.

1 month later
    #7450 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

One of my mom's favorite stories to tell was Burton Cummins of The Guess Who came on to her multiple times at the supermarket in Winnipeg. I think she was very flattered the way she described their encounters.

I had to re-read this a couple time to catch all the prepositions.

1 month later
    #8088 1 year ago

I confess that I had a fantastic idea for machine. Had all the rules, modes, and even started messing with graphics, and then I realized last night it's essentially Monster Bash with a little bit of Junk Yard. Sigh.

#8090 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Keep going…..

I know everything is derivative, but...

1 week later
    #8214 1 year ago

I confess I've got a job interview starting tomorrow (spread out over 4 days!), and I'm grateful I don't *need* the job but I'm nervous as hell.

1 month later
    #8727 1 year ago

Maybe it's the economic realities being more obvious or better managed FOMO, but I confess there a very few pins that I want to own right now. I'd love to play more Guardians or Star Trek, but I don't think I want to own them (negotiate the purchase, relocate them, make space in my home for another machine, etc.). I just want to play them.

My collector heart would love a TOTAN and Theatre of Magic, but do I need to own them? Not really.

#8736 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I confess in the next 1-2 wks my wife may lose her collective shit.
    My older, 18, is moving away for university.
    My younger, 17, could be leaving (but closer) to play hockey. IF he doesn't make the local Junior team. He an under ager so could be sent back to Sask Male AAA. If he gets cut, no kids at home, it ain't gonna be pretty.

Just dropped off my youngest at school yesterday. I cried like a baby.

1 week later
    #8822 1 year ago

I bought a mod for pin that I don't own. Or have ordered yet.

#8884 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You know you should talk this over with her. If you are close to asking. She may be close to answer. And her input is invaluable.

Get one that can easily be made bigger or smaller. A jeweler can guide you on this. Go cheap. Then take her with to get the wedding band for her to select. After all she is the one that has to wear it. In this day and age of growing concerns for crime. I'd get nice, but simple looking, so the ring isn't a target. Especially if your wife would gain weight from pregnancy or something and can't get it off in a hurry. Crooks can and will cut a finger off to get it.

Depending on your ages. If young, yes. If the family is old school, stay married, no divorces, yes. If multiple divorces and parents, no.
    And don't contemplate or worry yourself to death. Just act as you are and do things as you think they should be done. Not friends advice or from movies. And you'll do fine. Who knows. She may even say yes.

If not a traditional family, let me recommend elopement.

1 month later
    #9210 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:I confess i havent read pinside in almost 3 weeks, from being a constant during my workday.
    Wife and I decided back in the spring we were going to go our separate ways. She started slowly packing things up a couple months ago but her and the youngest, and our 2 cats, physically moved out about 10 days ago. All of a sudden the house is very big and very quiet. We were together over 20 years.
    Got a GZ Premium about 6 weeks ago, just unboxed it last week, have played 5 games on it. No interest.

That's rough no matter the circumstances. Speaking from some experience, it gets better over time.

#9211 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

I confess that I have been feeling really down lately. Decisions made with good intent soon turned into very costly mistakes for which I simply cannot afford to fix. I blame myself of course..... I have no answers.

There's no accounting for being unlucky. We often have little control over how things actually turn out. It stings more when we try particularly hard to help/fix things.

1 week later
    #9321 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s what I hate: you take a crap, then wash your hands, then you feel a 2nd wave come on while you’re drying your hands. Sometimes this repeats itself 3 or 4 times in 30 minutes. I’m like “come on colon, get your shits together”.

Add showering into that mix and you have my morning routine.

#9402 1 year ago

I used to check Pinside a couple times a day, and have been off for the last three days. I think I might be a more well-adjusted person because of it.

#9404 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Start a new thread with a poll. To see how well adjusted you are.

Nope! Not taking the bait. A couple days ago I might have thought that was a clever idea to engage potentially new friends in a shared hobby that we all enjoy.

#9493 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was ok if U of M won this time.... since MSU won the last 4 games. It isnt right to keep winning.

Go Blue

2 weeks later
    #9692 1 year ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I took a new job in upper level management that I thought was going to be, well I won't say a dream job, but a really great opportunity and the type of job I have strived to have for the last several years. I'm just a few weeks in and I'm miserable. I think about resigning daily.
    I'm not one to quit, and I'm trying to look at it as a challenge (a very very big challenge) but most days I leave feeling overwhelmed and discouraged. Everyone I talk to says I need to stick it out for at least 6months and just power through....I keep hearing its going to get better. But I don't really see it happening.
    Due to family health concerns and financial obligations I can't just quit, unless I have something else lined up, and believe me I'm looking. But I'd be burning bridges if I quit and in my industry word gets around pretty quick.
    I'm looking for any advice or encouragement at this point.

I'm in a similar situation, and there is value is putting together a timeline based on expectations. If X isn't improved by Feb 1, then I'll do Y. It gave me some patience and perspective, but also gave me mile markers so I didn't feel perpetually trapped and helpless.

4 months later
    #11066 1 year ago

Been saving my pennies for a new Deadpool Premium, but now need a new car. Boooooooo!

#11074 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Get a shit car and a Deadpool pro?
    I reckon the pro is every bit the game the premium is.

Had that conversation with the better half last night. Deadpool - Pro or Premium - is going to have to wait a little while longer.

3 months later
    #11766 9 months ago

Saw Barbie. Liked it - subversive, thoughtful, and poignant. Have no idea how they got the licensor to let them do what they did. Will probably watch it again.

#11776 8 months ago

I'm always fascinated by hobby/collector myopia.

A million years ago I played fantasy hockey, and someone on the forum talked about how much they enjoyed the new hockey videogame, and everybody jumped all over him for being immature and childish. We're literally playing make-believe and we think what we do is superior?

You like dolls? Cool. You like cosplay? Cool. You like large boxes with flashing lights and a rolling ball? Cool. Isn't it great that someone found something that brings them joy in a world that can be unsettling and scary?

3 weeks later
    #11878 8 months ago
    Quoted from prl867:

I confess At the age of 46, I have taken on a new hobby (aside from pinball, obv).
    I am an addicted AFOL
    (Adult Fan of Lego).
    Titanic, Home Alone, BTTF Delorean, and the Grand Piano are now all in my foyer.
    Beats video games, sort of.
    Well not really. Oh well. ☺️

Had to cut back, but it's the Modular Buildings for me.

1 month later
    #11995 7 months ago

This and HEP are the only two threads I routinely read. Sometimes the game room photos thread but that just fills me with a rageful envy.

#12033 6 months ago

Dammmmn. Looks like heaven.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoopertriplett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=hoopertriplett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.