D3FF1994-B151-4969-BC89-FF02F08ED4ED.gif
FCDD9576-965B-4816-9805-00F11C7F05C0.gif
177C1B8F-F75D-4C5F-8A1F-FB3105AD3006 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
254587EE-B300-4F1F-8AC4-60D5654635B4 (resized).jpeg
568B1C96-9FE7-4CCA-AB3C-041E172964AC (resized).jpeg
80311210-1E14-4658-8A10-8C153E5E129A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.
#351 3 years ago

Guys, you have an option to choose. So pick the one you like! Timlay79 gave us this option. For me the version is perfect. I like it a lot, maybe I revert back to the original code once we get a new version, maybe not. Agian I have options.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Based on the movie yes. It's not the movie - different plot and story line. I still don't like the irrelevant callouts. Not everybody that plays pinball know this movie as well as I do. My kids (early 20's) are a good example. They don't get the jokes/quotes that Tim added.
Glad you like it and that you are sharing your opinion. That doesn't make it true or right. It's an opinion. Just like my opinion - it's not truth or fact. It's a personal point of view.
I feel the same way about alternate art packages. It might be beautiful art but if it's unrelated to the actual game(show/movie/era) then it's a big NO for me. I've mostly seen this for Star Trek(wrong characters/ships).

I really appreciate the time and effort that went into creating this for the community and the quality of the end result is awesome...I am loving it! As others have mentioned, everyone is entitled to their opinion be it positive or otherwise. That said, if your objections are related to the pin not following the same story-line as the movie, then what did you expect from the audio package since all of its callouts are taken from the movie...that was known going into it. If that idea/concept doesn't jive with you, then why did you pursue interest in the audio package? The idea of the callout replacements is to add that missing piece of movie theme integration and nostalgia that many felt were missing from the original audio package. To say that most callout replacement choices are either "irrelevant" or "random" is confusing and pretty harsh considering the time that was obviously spent on this project as well as the fact that your going in position is that most things from the the movie, which is not what the pin is based on, isn't a true fit for the story-line of the pin.

For seenev, I feel like it's fair for Timlah to have pride in his countless hours of work and react somewhat defensively when you chose to post a negative review without citing any specifics...you could have just uninstalled the code and left it at that. Pinside has definitely evolved into more of a tough crowd environment over the years and everyone on here requires really tough skin due to folks using the forums as a dumping ground for negativity. That old adage that sometimes, if you don't have anything nice to say, then perhaps you don't say it all was meant as a guideline for situations like this...we can think (and unfortunately say) whatever we want in public forums like this, but it doesn't mean we are compelled to do so.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Guys, you have an option to choose. So pick the one you like! Timlay79 gave us this option. For me the version is perfect. I like it a lot, maybe I revert back to the original code once we get a new version, maybe not. Agian I have options.

Exactly!! I have Tim's installed and I do like it even if I don't find it "perfect"! Nothing ever is... Was just trying to say don't attack the guy who doesn't like it. It's his choice/opinion!

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I really appreciate the time and effort that went into creating this for the community and the quality of the end result is awesome...I am loving it! As others have mentioned, everyone is entitled to their opinion be it positive or otherwise. That said, if your objections are related to the pin not following the same story-line as the movie, then what did you expect from the audio package since all of its callouts are taken from the movie...that was known going into it. If that idea/concept doesn't jive with you, then why did you pursue interest in the audio package? The idea of the callout replacements is to add that missing piece of movie theme integration and nostalgia that many felt were missing from the original audio package. To say that most callout replacement choices are either "irrelevant" or "random" is confusing and pretty harsh considering the time that was obviously spent on this project as well as the fact that your going in position is that most things from the the movie, which is not what the pin is based on, isn't a true fit for the story-line of the pin.
For seenev, I feel like it's fair for Timlah to have pride in his countless hours of work and react somewhat defensively when you chose to post a negative review without citing any specifics...you could have just uninstalled the code and left it at that. Pinside has definitely evolved into more of a tough crowd environment over the years and everyone on here requires really tough skin due to folks using the forums as a dumping ground for negativity. That old adage that sometimes, if you don't have anything nice to say, then perhaps you don't say it all was meant as a guideline for situations like this...we can think (and unfortunately say) whatever we want in public forums like this, but it doesn't mean we are compelled to do so.

I wasn't going to say anything negative nor was I going to uninstall it - yet. I just didn't appreciate the 'attack' on the one guy who voiced an opinion that wasn't praise. When the OP says "tell me what you think", then obviously there should be some expectation that not everyone will have a positive comment. I could relate to @seenev's point of view. It's not disparaging - it's just not for him. Tim has done truly amazing work and I have donated $$ for his time. How much I like the remix or not doesn't take away the fact that he worked hard on this and deserves some compensation for his excellent work. I can't overstate the amazing high quality of this remix. Simply - wow.

As a matter of fact my gf (who loves pinball AND the jurassic park movies) LOVES Tim's sound package. She's been wanting the movie quotes from the start. She was so excited on the weekend we she heard the Malcom laugh at the start of the game. I don't think she'd let me uninstall it lol. I've also seen the total opposite with my oldest son (don't think he's ever watched the movie). He really disliked the quotes - because he just didn't get it. I can understand that.

For me, I'm just more of a purist when it comes to pinball. I like updating the music to make it better (I have Pinsounds in all my WPCs). Callouts it depends.. But that's just me. I am obviously a minority and I'm ok with that. lol.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I wasn't going to say anything negative nor was I going to uninstall it - yet. I just didn't appreciate the 'attack' on the one guy who voiced an opinion that wasn't praise. When the OP says "tell me what you think", then obviously there should be some expectation that not everyone will have a positive comment. I could relate to seenev's point of view. It's not disparaging - it's just not for him. Tim has done truly amazing work and I have donated $$ for his time. How much I like the remix or not doesn't take away the fact that he worked hard on this and deserves some compensation for his excellent work. I can't overstate the amazing high quality of this remix. Simply - wow.
As a matter of fact my gf (who loves pinball AND the jurassic park movies) LOVES Tim's sound package. She's been wanting the movie quotes from the start. She was so excited on the weekend we she heard the Malcom laugh at the start of the game. I don't think she'd let me uninstall it lol. I've also seen the total opposite with my oldest son (don't think he's ever watched the movie). He really disliked the quotes - because he just didn't get it. I can understand that.
For me, I'm just more of a purist when it comes to pinball. I like updating the music to make it better (I have Pinsounds in all my WPCs). Callouts it depends.. But that's just me. I am obviously a minority and I'm ok with that. lol.

I'm glad someone else acknowledged the random quotes because I felt like I was going crazy. I think the universal praise for this sound package hurt my expectations, because I read countless compliments saying how amazing it was and how it was perfectly done, etc. When I finally got around to installing it, I didn't understand why all these quotes that have nothing to do with the context of the moment keep firing off. I'm sure there are a lot of quotes from the movie that we all love, but I think it detracts from the game if they don't make sense in the moment. I think I remember hearing "You will remember to wash your hands before you eat anything." OK. What does that have to do with anything in the game?

Like I said, I'm happy that everyone else loves it, but my impression was that it was the original music and dialog in a more focused package, only including quotes when and where they make sense. It's not for me. I was originally just posting to say as much and that it would be nice to have a version without the extraneous quotes. No need to go crazy over a slightly negative comment meant to be constructive criticism.

#356 3 years ago

Sorry for flying off the handle a bit, guys. I will admit I was being overly sensitive about the comment. I am ok with publicly posted criticism and feedback, but only if it's *constructive* in such a way that helps me to improve upon what I've already done when I revisit. There were no specifics, so it didn't come across as constructive or helpful for others to read. Plus, one of my primary goals was to *not* throw random lines in just to fill space. I feel like I did a pretty good job on that front with the limitations at hand. So that's why I reacted in the manner I did. I apologize.

To address the couple criticisms surfaced since -- Thank you for bringing them up!

1) Ian Malcolm: You will remember to wash your hands before you eat anything OR Ian Malcolm: Life, Uh finds a way.

These replace the stock male actor saying, "Shoot white arrows to spell map." I absolutely agree that my choices are out of context for this callout. However, this is a prime example of me just making a creative decision, based on my opinion. I cannot stand hearing that line/stock actor all the time and I think it's a relatively useless callout. If you don't know that you need to shoot the blinking arrows to spell map, it must be your first time playing the game. Therefore, this gave me a chance to introduce lines from the movie that I liked (and both worked within the script time length the game code limits me to).

2) Ian Malcolm: That is one big pile of shit

This replaces the stock Muldoon saying, "Its alright I've got you" when you ball drains but gets saved. I used this b/c I of course like that line from the movie, but also in light of what I thought many people had in their head when their round starts and they get drained--like, "man, that was BS!"
I actually had a more accurate line for this before I replaced the Malcom BS line. I had Dr. Grant: "Here, I've got you" (when he's helping Timmy out of the tree). That line though was one of those that just wasn't good quality in the dialog track I'm working from--too muffled, tough to clearly hear that line when it played in the game. So unfortunately it had to go.

So, yeah I can see all kinds of valid opinions about those two changes and how they are probably not going to cater to everyone. I'm open to new ideas!

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Sorry for flying off the handle a bit, guys. I will admit I was being overly sensitive about the comment. I am ok with publicly posted criticism and feedback, but only if it's *constructive* in such a way that helps me to improve upon what I've already done when I revisit. There were no specifics, so it didn't come across as constructive or helpful for others to read. Plus, one of my primary goals was to *not* throw random lines in just to fill space. I feel like I did a pretty good job on that front with the limitations at hand. So that's why I reacted in the manner I did. I apologize.
To address the couple criticisms surfaced since -- Thank you for bringing them up!
1) Ian Malcolm: You will remember to wash your hands before you eat anything OR Ian Malcolm: Life, Uh finds a way.
These replace the stock male actor saying, "Shoot white arrows to spell map." I absolutely agree that my choices are out of context for this callout. However, this is a prime example of me just making a creative decision, based on my opinion. I cannot stand hearing that line/stock actor all the time and I think it's a relatively useless callout. If you don't know that you need to shoot the blinking arrows to spell map, it must be your first time playing the game. Therefore, this gave me a chance to introduce lines from the movie that I liked (and both worked within the script time length the game code limits me to).
2) Ian Malcolm: That is one big pile of shit
This replaces the stock Muldoon saying, "Its alright I've got you" when you ball drains but gets saved. I used this b/c I of course like that line from the movie, but also in light of what I thought many people had in their head when their round starts and they get drained--like, "man, that was BS!"
I actually had a more accurate line for this before I replaced the Malcom BS line. I had Dr. Grant: "Here, I've got you" (when he's helping Timmy out of the tree). That line though was one of those that just wasn't good quality in the dialog track I'm working from--too muffled, tough to clearly hear that line when it played in the game. So unfortunately it had to go.
So, yeah I can see all kinds of valid opinions about those two changes and how they are probably not going to cater to everyone. I'm open to new ideas!

Dude. Don’t change a damn thing. You did an awesome job! If I want something different I can make the change myself!!

I hate the shoot the white arrow call too lol. Sounds like a bad impression of arnold in terminator. Lol.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Dude. Don’t change a damn thing. You did an awesome job! If I want something different I can make the change myself!!
I hate the shoot the white arrow call too lol. Sounds like a bad impression of arnold in terminator. Lol.

Thanks so much for this comment. Yes, anyone who knows PB can take my code into it and adjust anything I've changed for their own machine. Good point! I was appalled when yet another actor was introduced. And this time an actor that is not even supposed to mimic a movie character. It made my life very difficult once they did that (either in 0.97 or 1.00, I can't remember). He wasn't there when I started working on this, so I had to figure out what scripts added him as well as the scripts that they replaced the other actors' voices with his instead. That was a confusing nightmare in itself during this process. I know why they added him--some new lines were needed for more directional callouts. I get that, I just don't understand why they added him instead of having one of the other, at least somewhat close to movie sounding actors do those new callouts. He's no Dr. Grant, that's for sure...

In summary, I think anyone who is a fan of the movies can agree that it's unfortunate that licensing was basically not properly implemented for this game. This thread and my work wouldn't exist if it were otherwise. With that said, I can also empathize with anyone who isn't bothered by the stock actors or doesn't share the same love as I do with the franchise. The game is incredible with or without my audio. I just had to do this and share it with everyone b/c of my own nerdism for it all.

#359 3 years ago

Possible install epiphany/good news:

Given that pretty much anyone who was on 1.01 has said that when they install my code, nothing gets wiped (aka all settings & scores are retained), I decided to finally install 1.01 and then my custom version. I had been operating from 1.00. I installed 1.01 with Quick + No Verify. I then installed the custom version I have given you guys with Full + Verify. All my settings and high scores were retained! This has not been the case in every version of mine that I've installed when already on 1.00 (no matter the Full/Quick, Verify/or not). I noticed during both installs, the machine did some node board updates after powering back on. I also noticed a message during both exercises saying "all settings restored." I had not seen this message when installing 1.00 or any of my custom 1.00-based versions. What this tells me is a) that something was done in 1.01 that keeps settings and scores even if you "downgrade" to an earlier version and b) that it's actually beneficial for people to install 1.01 before installing mine (if you're only on 1.00). I'm either right or the Full + Verify had something to do with this. I think this is something they must have fixed with 1.01. Moral of the story I guess is that it's best to start with 1.01 before you install my code. Curious if anyone has some insight here but I wanted to share my findings at least to make things easier on folks who elect to install my code.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Given that pretty much anyone who was on 1.01 has said that when they install my code, nothing gets wiped (aka all settings & scores are retained), I decided to finally install 1.01 and then my custom version. I had been operating from 1.00. I installed 1.01 with Quick + No Verify. I then installed the custom version I have given you guys with Full + Verify. All my settings and high scores were retained! This has not been the case in every version of mine that I've installed when already on 1.00 (no matter the Full/Quick, Verify/or not). I noticed during both installs, the machine did some node board updates after powering back on. I also noticed a message during both exercises saying "all settings restored." I had not seen this message when installing 1.00 or any of my custom 1.00-based versions. What this tells me is a) that something was done in 1.01 that keeps settings and scores even if you "downgrade" to an earlier version and b) that it's actually beneficial for people to install 1.01 before installing mine (if you're only on 1.00). I'm either right or the Full + Verify had something to do with this. I think this is something they must have fixed with 1.01. Moral of the story I guess is that it's best to start with 1.01 before you install my code. Curious if anyone has some insight here but I wanted to share my findings at least to make things easier on folks who elect to install my code.

I used 1.01 and yours and all good.

#361 3 years ago

I started with 1.01 and installed yours using Quick/No Verify. Downgraded to 1.00 but retained all settings and scores. No need to do Full/Verify.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

When I went from 1.01 stock to yours with 1.00 Beta for Pro, I chose Full & No Verify - my high scores remained - then you sent me the Pro Full and staying at 1.00 with a Full & Verify my scores were all reset. So I am not seeing the rhyme or reason to when high scores are wiped.

Also heard from Olivier at Pinball Browser & he thinks he will have a release of PB to handle 1.01 “in the next few days” - good news.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

When I went from 1.01 stock to yours with 1.00 Beta for Pro, I chose Full & No Verify - my high scores remained - then you sent me the Pro Full and staying at 1.00 with a Full & Verify my scores were all reset. So I am not seeing the rhyme or reason to when high scores are wiped.
Also heard from Olivier at Pinball Browser & he thinks he will have a release of PB to handle 1.01 “in the next few days” - good news.

Now that is good news.

#364 3 years ago

Oga83 released the new PB browser update which fixed the blockade with Stern's latest firmware versions. That's fantastic news. It will work with 1.01 now.
However he is banning users from sharing ANY firmware. This is confusing. I posted some questions on that thread.
Hopefully I'm misunderstanding him.

#365 3 years ago

It would be wonderful if we are able to get this on 1.0.1! Seems like you could maybe share some of the ‘code’ such that individuals could build the firmware themselves?

#366 3 years ago

Especially since I saw another post saying they had to upgrade to 1.01 to fix a major problem.

#367 3 years ago

I’ve got the topper as well which I’m not sure works with 1.0 or not...

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I’ve got the topper as well which I’m not sure works with 1.0 or not...

I installed the topper yesterday when I was running the v1.0 custom audio. It wasn’t working 100% correctly(lighting). Also goat frenzy didn’t work properly. Not sure if that’s a 1.0 code issue.

Just re-installed the 1.01 and the new node board got updated. Attract mode is different now on the topper. Haven’t made it back to goat frenzy yet. Maybe if I downgrade now back to Tim’s v1.0 it will work ok since the node board is updated..

I may downgrade after i see the goat frenzy.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I installed the topper yesterday when I was running the v1.0 custom audio. It wasn’t working 100% correctly(lighting). Also goat frenzy didn’t work properly. Not sure if that’s a 1.0 code issue.
Just re-installed the 1.01 and the new node board got updated. Attract mode is different now on the topper. Haven’t made it back to goat frenzy yet. Maybe if I downgrade now back to Tim’s v1.0 it will work ok since the node board is updated..
I may downgrade after i see the goat frenzy.

Add his code and all will work.....it will remember and the mode works on 1.0...maybe soon we will have both codes....looking positive.

#370 3 years ago

Hey guys. For the time being, please don't PM me about making updates or porting existing customizations to 1.01. While it's awesome that I can now access 1.01's sound files (all thanks to PBrowser's amazing latest app update), I am not allowed to share firmware files as per its developer. If I do, my PB license will be revoked. I need to be respectful of his requirements.

The other blocker is that upon investigation today into 1.01, the sound script locations have been completely jumbled vs. 1.00. This means that everything I bookmarked in 1.00 and prior is now irrelevant/unusable to accurately pinpoint any given sound script. Until I can figure out how to realign such changes, I won't be able to do anything. Bookmarking 3800+ locations alone and figuring out script changes from 0.96+ to 1.00 each time was months of work prior and a prerequisite for me to implement sounds in the first place.

If you are PB savvy with adapting .dat changes from firmware version to version (with JP or any Spike 2 code releases in general): Please PM me. I could use any help I can get.

In summary, my hands are tied in more ways than one. At this time, I cannot promise any updates nor share even my current code version with you. Really sorry to be the bearer of bad news instead of good. I haven't given up. I'm still looking into all of this and figuring out how to do things the right way while following the new sharing rules. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Hey guys. For the time being, please don't PM me about making updates or porting existing customizations to 1.01. While it's awesome that I can now access 1.01's sound files (all thanks to PBrowser's amazing latest app update), I am not allowed to share firmware files as per its developer. If I do, my PB license will be revoked. I need to be respectful of his requirements.
The other blocker is that upon investigation today into 1.01, the sound script locations have been completely jumbled vs. 1.00. This means that everything I bookmarked in 1.00 and prior is now irrelevant/unusable to accurately pinpoint any given sound script. Until I can figure out how to realign such changes, I won't be able to do anything. Bookmarking 3800+ locations alone and figuring out script changes from 0.96+ to 1.00 each time was months of work prior and a prerequisite for me to implement sounds in the first place.
If you are PB savvy with adapting .dat changes from firmware version to version (with JP or any Spike 2 code releases in general): Please PM me. I could use any help I can get.
In summary, my hands are tied in more ways than one. At this time, I cannot promise any updates nor share even my current code version with you. Really sorry to be the bearer of bad news instead of good. I haven't given up. I'm still looking into all of this and figuring out how to do things the right way while following the new sharing rules. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Tim - the way I understand it is that you can share the macro with folks which essentially will provide the updates to the code that way. So I believe you can eventually share it if you want. Just an FYI.

I can’t comment on file locations but from experience on JP, stern mixes up the file locations when they update which is so annoying when trying to adapt custom code to the new version!

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tim - the way I understand it is that you can share the macro with folks which essentially will provide the updates to the code that way. So I believe you can eventually share it if you want. Just an FYI.
I can’t comment on file locations but from experience on JP, stern mixes up the file locations when they update which is so annoying when trying to adapt custom code to the new version!

I didn't go into full detail about what I know I *could* do with macros. Unfortunately I don't have those macros from my previous manual work (since they go away if you don't make 3 more clicks to save them each time you manually import a sound) and even if I did they'd be worthless since 1.01 has it's script locations completely changed. That's why I PM'd you hoping you could help with the re-aligning part. If you can help, let's please take this convo offline. You have my PM.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I didn't go into full detail about what I know I *could* do with macros. Unfortunately I don't have those macros from my previous manual work (since they go away if you don't make 3 more clicks to save them each time you manually import a sound) and even if I did they'd be worthless since 1.01 has it's script locations completely changed. That's why I PM'd you hoping you could help with the re-aligning part. If you can help, let's please take this convo offline. You have my PM.

PM sent

#374 3 years ago

I would say, take a break, let's wait on the next version, maybe then start the work on macro's. As I understand the macro will include the new sound file and the adress it should be regarding the firmware, so you do not share the firmware but only the reference to the adres and the new file. Same like how ColorDMD works. This would be a great thing for the future since there is no need to discuss copyright material.

#375 3 years ago

amazing work Tim . would love a copy of the pro version to test it

#376 3 years ago

If anyone has the pro version . Can they pm it to me please . Would greatly appreciate it

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from meandean:

If anyone has the pro version . Can they pm it to me please . Would greatly appreciate it

I hope that no one is honoring requests like this. Sharing my code is against what people agreed to in the disclaimer. Sharing custom code made from PinBrowser in general is also no longer allowed per its developer. I will lose my PB license if this happens. Once I can get all the macros and sound script locations in order for 1.01, there will be an option to "patch" my code changes. For now there is no option. Please do not try work around these requirements. Please be patient for now.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I hope that no one is honoring requests like this. Sharing my code is against what people agreed to in the disclaimer. Sharing custom code made from PinBrowser in general is also no longer allowed per its developer. I will lose my PB license if this happens. Once I can get all the macros and sound script locations in order for 1.01, there will be an option to "patch" my code changes. For now there is no option. Please do not try work around these requirements. Please be patient for now.

Been reading about it on the PinBrowser thread. Kinda sad it's all gone this way now. People like you and especially guys like Cleland who have done so much for the community now can't share their work, pretty much defeating the purpose of being able to mod the code. I can't see the average owner taking the time to do sound and video modification. I did it once for GB cause I wanted Bobby Brown in the mix, but apart from that never use it.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

To clarify this was no "attack" against Dean. In fact, him and I met on the phone just now to discuss this and the limitations. It was great to meet yet another pin lover of this game and get him sorted in the new, allowed way. I just want to retain my PB license at this point so I can port and make improvements to 1.01+ moving forward. That was the point of my reply. I hope you guys can understand where I'm coming from in general. Hopefully good news is coming soon!

#380 3 years ago

Annnnd of course now that 1.01 has been cracked they come out with 1.02.. LOL..

How long did that take? 2 days?

Anyone want to bet that Stern was sitting on this update and waiting until PB was fixed just to break it again..

The cat & mouse game continues...

#381 3 years ago

Please pm me the pro version if someone has it. Thank you

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Please pm me the pro version if someone has it. Thank you

How about you PM the author as it's been instructed so many times in this thread...

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Anyone want to bet that Stern was sitting on this update and waiting until PB was fixed just to break it again..

The update process on this one was different than before.. The system rebooted before continuing the update. My guess is they implemented a check to prevent installing older code. Of course you can just use different SD cards..

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

does 1.02 block the new PB?

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

does 1.02 block the new PB?

yes

And also did a reboot on first start up after the update. Some weird shit going on here.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

yes
And also did a reboot on first start up after the update. Some weird shit going on here.

Usually I love weird shit but not now...

I dont want to lose my awesome code....might just have to stay at 1.00.

Crazy Train.

#387 3 years ago

New code doesn't seem to offer anything that would warrant abandoning Tim's code.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

New code doesn't seem to offer anything that would warrant abandoning Tim's code.

I am feeling the same. Disappointed I’m not dying to put this new code on... co-op might have made me abandon the custom version.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I can't keep up. I literally today just figured out how to re-map the 3800+ sound script locations they changed from 1.00 to 1.01 (through some insane VLOOKUP madness). Now this... and now 1.02 is blocked in PB. This is "war" of sorts against consumers shouldn't be happening. It's just not right.

#390 3 years ago

This is so f’ing silly for stern to block owners from altering our own games. How many owners really take the time to use this software and swap out music and/or call outs? Gotta be less than 100.

I’m a stern fanboy but they do so many dumb things to make things more difficult than they need to be.

#391 3 years ago

Plus these type mods only help Stern sell more pins.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Plus these type mods only help Stern sell more pins.

Exactly.

#393 3 years ago

I simply don't believe that pbbrowser helps Stern sell more games... full stop.

It is my belief that for every person who actually believes they "only" bought the pin because of a custom sound package there would be someone lined up right behind them who doesn't even know pbbrowser exists to buy the game. Stern doesn't need pbbrowser one bit.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I can't keep up. I literally today just figured out how to re-map the 3800+ sound script locations they changed from 1.00 to 1.01 (through some insane VLOOKUP madness). Now this... and now 1.02 is blocked in PB. This is "war" of sorts against consumers shouldn't be happening. It's just not right.

I just watched about half of the dead flip stream of 1.02. I witnessed no gameplay improvements. I feel like this update was just yet another meant to block PB access and for some stupid reason be evangelized on twitch as if it brings any benefit. I'm likely giving up at this point. My attempts to simply bring joy to those who paid $5k-10k for their machines, wanting such a purchase to actually represent the JP franchise ends with my 1.00 version. This whole ordeal has brought tons of stress and disappointment into my life over the past few months. I hope things will change and I can move forward at some point but this blocking has gotten out of hand. For now I need to break from this for the sake of my own sanity. Sorry guys.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I simply don't believe that pbbrowser helps Stern sell more games... full stop.
It is my belief that for every person who actually believes they "only" bought the pin because of a custom sound package there would be someone lined up right behind them who doesn't even know pbbrowser exists to buy the game. Stern doesn't need pbbrowser one bit.

For myself. I would not buy GOTG without the updated sounds. I am still on the fence for buying that game since it is an older game and wonder if playfield is good from that time. But if I can not update the sound on that machine, I would not buy it. It depends per pinball. I do not think JPO is bad in sound, but Tim version is very welcome. Same on 3lvira, no need there to change much. Older games are fun to mess around with, like all the new sets I have for my Tron LE, great music mixes.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I just watched about half of the dead flip stream of 1.02. I witnessed no gameplay improvements. I feel like this update was just yet another meant to block PB access and for some stupid reason be evangelized on twitch as if it brings any benefit. I'm likely giving up at this point. My attempts to simply bring joy to those who paid $5k-10k for their machines, wanting such a purchase to actually represent the JP franchise ends with my 1.00 version. This whole ordeal has brought tons of stress and disappointment into my life over the past few months. I hope things will change and I can move forward at some point but this blocking has gotten out of hand. For now I need to break from this for the sake of my own sanity. Sorry guys.

You Rock Tim!!!!

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Your current audio package is still very “current”. Don’t feel bummed. No need fo update code yet until they add some features. The new DNA combo for EBs isn’t a gameplay game changer. All good still.

#398 3 years ago

A pitty i cant get tim`s code anymore..

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

For myself. I would not buy GOTG without the updated sounds. I am still on the fence for buying that game since it is an older game and wonder if playfield is good from that time. But if I can not update the sound on that machine, I would not buy it. It depends per pinball. I do not think JPO is bad in sound, but Tim version is very welcome. Same on 3lvira, no need there to change much. Older games are fun to mess around with, like all the new sets I have for my Tron LE, great music mixes.

I get that you wouldn’t buy it but someone else will... Stern hasn’t lost a sale in the end they’ve just sold it someone else. If stern truly thought updating the sounds and music was something they could monetize legally they’d do it themselves.

#400 3 years ago

I feel your frustration guys, I spent a couple weeks toiling over some custom video edits which I thought made my game beter...I had no intention to sell my game or the mods...yet every attempt to get them working has been met with code updates specifically locking out PB Browser...sad that for someone who simply wants to mod their own machine, this ability is gone, the hours of work only leading to this frustration has lead me to abandon any hope or further effort into software modding...If Stern were smart, they would find a way to work with the modding community

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/8?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.