B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 124.
#5701 3 months ago

Everyone seeing the Jaws teaser on your IC machines?

#5702 3 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Everyone seeing the Jaws teaser on your IC machines?

Me on location pointing to it for the operator whose also on site.

“Bring me THAT one” like a 5 year old.

#5703 3 months ago

I'm at a bit of a loss. I had my FFpre in the garage with a strong -55dBm signal on my 2.4ghz band, and it worked great. Moved it downstairs where the signal is ever so slightly weaker (-60Dbm) and it won't find any signal at all.
I've read a lot of threads about connection issues, so tried moving the USB dongle to the other port to no avail. I also tried connecting to the 'guest' connection which is just as strong but uses different channels. still no connect.

Has anyone with this problem found that a simple replacement of the stock USB dongle with a TP-Link or another higher quality 2.4ghz unit solves this problem?

#5704 3 months ago

I know I’m in the minority, but I like the ads/promos.

IMG_9398 (resized).jpegIMG_9398 (resized).jpeg
#5705 3 months ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I'm at a bit of a loss. I had my FFpre in the garage with a strong -55dBm signal on my 2.4ghz band, and it worked great. Moved it downstairs where the signal is ever so slightly weaker (-60Dbm) and it won't find any signal at all.
I've read a lot of threads about connection issues, so tried moving the USB dongle to the other port to no avail. I also tried connecting to the 'guest' connection which is just as strong but uses different channels. still no connect.
Has anyone with this problem found that a simple replacement of the stock USB dongle with a TP-Link or another higher quality 2.4ghz unit solves this problem?

I ended up putting a Netgear Wifi extender in my basement no problems since.

#5706 3 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

[quoted image]

Don't bother me either.

#5707 3 months ago

Is the Jaws Ad pulled from online or was it a time release from last code?

I realize many don't appreciate "ads on something i purchased" but it can be turned off unlike on xbox etc. It could be a good thing for operators showing interest in an upcoming game (to bring people back).

#5708 3 months ago

These "ads" are so stinking trivial it is not funny. It come up once every few minutes for a very short time. Until the game cycles through through all 150 of the high scores, it comes up on the screen for all of about 5 seconds. Its no different than the ads for upcoming games on the old Data East titles. I think it is kind of cool to have relevant current content showing up in attract mode anyway.

#5709 3 months ago

I posted this comparison in the GZ thread but thought it might be of interest here in the IC thread as well:

Here's something I thought was interesting. All three of these quests had some interesting challenges. The FF quest was playing a game each tour date which was a tough pull because you had to hit a whole bunch (29 I think?) of specific dates. Bond was pretty straightforward, the toughest one for us being the badge requiring your to scan in and play on 7 different IC connected machines. Had to venture out to a location since we only have 3 at home. GZ had the "every day" requirement during the holiday which was impossible for many and the relatively steep climb for 25 Billion cumulative.

These are the "final" badges for completing all IC objectives and their user counts. For us, GZ was the most difficult but has the highest number of users who completed the gauntlet. Then again, there are probably 3x as may GZ out there as Foo or Bond from a population of machines perspective. Either way, I thought the comparison was interesting!

ICQuests (resized).pngICQuests (resized).png
#5710 3 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

These "ads" are so stinking trivial it is not funny. It come up once every few minutes for a very short time. Until the game cycles through through all 150 of the high scores, it comes up on the screen for all of about 5 seconds. Its no different than the ads for upcoming games on the old Data East titles. I think it is kind of cool to have relevant current content showing up in attract mode anyway.

I also kind of like the ads. It's not like they're running ads for toilet paper and life insurance.

#5711 3 months ago
Quoted from gblack:

Is the Jaws Ad pulled from online or was it a time release from last code?

Pulled from online.

#5712 3 months ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Can anyone recommend some usb wifi adapters??? Preferably ones I can find at local stores.
Had one delivered from Amazon today and it doesn’t seem to be recognized by pin.
Thanks all

I was looking for an adapter not not only works, but increases the reception. This one had been recommended, so I bought one:

https://a.co/d/5VynXti

To my surprise this thing worked even better than expected. I tried it on my game game that gets the weakest connection. Not only did it boot right up and connect, it increased the connection strength from 50 to 64! I was hoping for a few points! The larger size of this dongle must allow for a bigger antenna? Either way, that's a bigger boost than I got from putting a new wifi access point in the room. The signal went from 39 to 50 when I put the new AP in.

I'm definitely ready for the next code day!

#5713 3 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

These are the "final" badges for completing all IC objectives and their user counts. For us, GZ was the most difficult but has the highest number of users who completed the gauntlet. Then again, there are probably 3x as may GZ out there as Foo or Bond from a population of machines perspective. Either way, I thought the comparison was interesting!

Interesting-that's more people on the GZ one than I expected. I got 11/12, but tapped out on the 25B. Just took way too long, with either a bunch of OK games in the 250M range, or multiple monster games in the 2.5B range. The JP 30th one also required a bunch of days, but it wasn't as high a score threshold, so more people earned it:

JP 30th (resized).pngJP 30th (resized).png
#5714 3 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

As an operator, they suck.
Just makes everyone aware of a game(s) you don't have.
I wouldn't really care at home.

#5715 3 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

As an operator, they suck.
Just makes everyone aware of a game(s) you don't have.
I wouldn't really care at home.

Turn them off.

#5716 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Turn them off.

Of course, thanks capt

#5717 3 months ago

Per the Gomez & Elwin video for Jaws, 4:10 mark, you "connect with your chums and collect shark teeth to unlock special modes."

#5718 3 months ago

I want to listen to the Jaws release podcast but I can't find any of that on the app can anyone else see them?

#5719 3 months ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Per the Gomez & Elwin video for Jaws, 4:10 mark, you "connect with your chums and collect shark teeth to unlock special modes."

The way he announced it made it seem like IC is remaining inclusive, e.g., users wont be expected to 'pay to play' a home pin. Sure hope that stays the case. I used to play computer RPGs in the dial-up days. I checked out the moment games went online only and you had to pay for additional features within the game.

#5720 3 months ago

Anyone have their "2023 year in review" available to them on the IC app? Mine still shows 2022

#5721 3 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Anyone have their "2023 year in review" available to them on the IC app? Mine still shows 2022

The header of mine briefly said 2023 but it still showed the 2022 data... and now the header is back to 2022 also

#5722 3 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I would say give it a week or two for them to compile the data. Last year it was like the end of Jan that it came out.

#5723 3 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I want to listen to the Jaws release podcast but I can't find any of that on the app can anyone else see them?

The "exclusives" link that they're posted in for some reason isn't on the app, bizzare but you have to navigate to them via the website not the app.

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/exclusives/411

#5724 3 months ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

The "exclusives" link that they're posted in for some reason isn't on the app, bizzare but you have to navigate to them via the website not the app.

Yes, the app is still not complete.
Sad it still tries to open the app because of the url.

#5725 3 months ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

Yeah my phone still automatically turns it into the app once i sign in. I'll hafta try it from a computer. Maybe you guys can get it on iPhones.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5726 3 months ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

Hi guys
I have an issue with my IC kit. I got for for a year without issue but since last week it make reboot my deadpool during a play after some minutes. I installed it in my JP and this is the same way. So i m sure this issue is from the IC kit because the machines play well without it.
I wonder if it could be the micro sd card. Is there a way to reprogram it ?

What's with these random reboots?

New Deadpool, out of the box, version 1.09.0 and in a couple of plays it reboots.
Mostly I think when the coin door is open and pressing the system buttons. Just screen freezes for a couple of seconds and it reboots. No reason given.
Anyone knows what might be the cause?

Could be a bad wifi connection? Someone debugged it or knows the answer from Stern?

#5727 3 months ago

I can’t seem to find the new stern podcast. Is it behind a paywall?

Help is appreciated.

#5728 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

I also kind of like the ads. It's not like they're running ads for toilet paper and life insurance.

Yet

#5729 3 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I can’t seem to find the new stern podcast. Is it behind a paywall?
Help is appreciated.

You have to go through Stern's website on a computer, it isn't available on the app for some reason. Here's a transcript of the podcast to save you some time: https://stern-wagtail-1.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/View_Transcription_-_JAWS_Panel_Discussion.pdf

It's pretty interesting! The main takeaway is that the two things people are losing their mind over -- the shark eating the ball and the roving drop target that's shaped like a shark fin -- were both tried. The shark eating the ball just sucked and the shark fin drop target launched the ball across the playfield.

#5730 3 months ago

I'm having my wifi connect to the network but I can't get served an IP address. IT guy for the location is on vacay. Anybody seen this issue get resolved with a new adapter? Game next to it works fine, tried switching USB ports.

#5731 3 months ago

Try swapping the WiFi adapters from game to game

#5732 3 months ago

Supreme frustration! I've tried upgrading the USB dongle to the CanaKit adapter, and it connects to the network when I have the translite off, but when I reinstall it and scan my QR code, it says no connection. So I install a 6' usb extender and stretch it out into the cabinet and ....doesn't even register that a USB installed. tried both USB ports too.
My phone and computer connect to Wifi right at the Pin, so I'm stuck. Don't really feel like running ethernet or buying pricy wifi extenders. Anyone have any suggestions other than moving the machine?
arrgh. Home team schmome team. I thought it might be cool.

#5733 3 months ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

No, I didn't play on FF either time. I remember one instant award I got when starting that GZ was indeed a Bronze, the other might have been a "Big Loops" award but I'm not 100% on that.
The accumulated counts for the various Bronze/Silver/Gold are visible in your Insider account; they're under the All Achievements button for the given machine. Someone can check to see if that applies to Foo's Spiderbots as well.

Okay guess what showed up on my insider connect today? Remember how I said I got kicked o GZ in the middle of the game before new Years on location? Well it showed up I was there today. They must've finally got back online and it gave me credit for that game over a week ago. And to go off what you said, I saw it awarded me a huge achievement of 20 loops in a single game even tho I wasn't there today to log back in like you did. Crazy! Also I think that's a bug when you get kicked off a online game. I would remember if I did 20 loops in a single game. I don't think it's a coincidence. You got the same or similar achievement.

#5734 3 months ago

Those loops are not easy to do in fact the dirtier the game the better to slow things down.

It’s funny how the harder the achievement the fewer points you get with the loops In Godzilla.

IMG_6644 (resized).pngIMG_6644 (resized).png
#5735 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

Give it time. This is how it all starts. Remember youtube back in the day? I watched some news today at a restaurant, been awhile. Its turned into QVC! Before long that guy at Stern will be adverstising Disney vacations. Just you watch. This is the end. Its your game. You payed for it. Don't let them use it. Turn it off!

#5736 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Give it time. This is how it all starts. Remember youtube back in the day? I watched some news today at a restaurant, been awhile. Its turned into QVC! Before long that guy at Stern will be adverstising Disney vacations. Just you watch. This is the end. Its your game. You payed for it. Don't let them use it. Turn it off!

Screenshot_20240107_092209_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240107_092209_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5737 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I just don't see that happening. Considering the backlash Stern gets just for doing ... pretty much anything, I can't imagine them adding non-Stern ads to their games. It's a huge downside with minimal benefit. How much is an advertiser going to want to pay to advertise on a pinball machine?The ads only play when no one's paying attention to the machine. It's not like a gas pump or something where you have a trapped captive audience.

#5738 3 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Yeah my phone still automatically turns it into the app once i sign in. I'll hafta try it from a computer. Maybe you guys can get it on iPhones.

I was able to manually go to the exclusives page on my phone then to the pod itself and listen that way.

#5739 3 months ago

Had to go over to a friends last night to try for some of the Elvira badges. Knocked most of them out in one session, but I was pretty excited for the LFS badge.

IMG_0917 (resized).pngIMG_0917 (resized).png
#5740 3 months ago

I set up JP prem using my reader from my Foo Fighters. All has been well for the past few weeks.

I have an access point in my Gameroom 2 feet away from Foo and 8 feet from JP. I used hometeam to set me up and play foo. I tried to use hometeam on JP. it was acting like it was not connected to wifi. I opened coin door and got a tech alert that wifi is weak.

Foo wifi is 66
JP wifi is 38

There is a clear view from JP to the access point with the space behind my games.

Foo has a stern provided wifi dongle. I bought the Canakit wifi dongle for JP since recommended.

I could swap the dongles but really dislike swapping parts. Although this should be innocuous.

I just turned off the games and can try again tomorrow.

Any ideas appreciated.

#5741 3 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I set up JP prem using my reader from my Foo Fighters. All has been well for the past few weeks.
I have an access point in my Gameroom 2 feet away from Foo and 8 feet from JP. I used hometeam to set me up and play foo. I tried to use hometeam on JP. it was acting like it was not connected to wifi. I opened coin door and got a tech alert that wifi is weak.
Foo wifi is 66
JP wifi is 38
There is a clear view from JP to the access point with the space behind my games.
Foo has a stern provided wifi dongle. I bought the Canakit wifi dongle for JP since recommended.
I could swap the dongles but really dislike swapping parts. Although this should be innocuous.
I just turned off the games and can try again tomorrow.
Any ideas appreciated.

Definitely try swapping the dongles. If that doesn't help, try this dongle from Amazon. It has the best reception of an wifi dongle I have tried.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V4R3QHW

#5742 3 months ago
Quoted from HDBrian:

Definitely try swapping the dongles. If that doesn't help, try this dongle from Amazon. It has the best reception of an wifi dongle I have tried.

Whoa! That one actually works?! With those two antennas I would hope it gets better reception! Thanks for posting. ^^^^ That should be a key post...

#5743 3 months ago
Quoted from HDBrian:

Thank you. I placed the order for this one. If you got it to fit, then so will I.

It is strange that the Canakit just stopped working. I am initiating a return through Amazon. Thanks!

#5744 3 months ago

This WiFi dongle was the recommendation of HDBrian

It is larger than “normal” but it fits.

The signal strength on my JP says 55 and is less than 8 feet from my access point. It works. Thanks!

IMG_0986 (resized).jpegIMG_0986 (resized).jpegIMG_0987 (resized).jpegIMG_0987 (resized).jpeg
#5745 3 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

This WiFi dongle was the recommendation of HDBrian
It is larger than “normal” but it fits.
The signal strength on my JP says 55 and is less than 8 feet from my access point. It works. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Have you tried putting the antennas straight up/down? Might get even better signal, and it would keep them away from the lights.

#5746 3 months ago

Surprisingly I've yet to see any ads. I don't care either way though.

#5747 3 months ago

is IC working? Our route games haven't connected in 2d but that seems odd....

#5748 3 months ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Have you tried putting the antennas straight up/down? Might get even better signal, and it would keep them away from the lights.

I moved the antennas vertically up and down. The signal is now 61 (vs 55).

I originally pointed the antennas to the right since that is where the access point is. But this position appears better. Thanks.

IMG_0986 (resized).jpegIMG_0986 (resized).jpegIMG_0989 (resized).jpegIMG_0989 (resized).jpeg
#5749 3 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I moved the antennas vertically up and down. The signal is now 61 (vs 55).
I originally pointed the antennas to the right since that is where the access point is. But this position appears better. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you can get the antenna out the hole at the top, you’ll get way better signal. The backbox is a metal box and blocks most the signal :/

#5750 3 months ago

Try a USB extension cable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/115?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.