stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2703 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I pre-ordered a few kits from Cointaker in January but still backordered. Anybody have any in stock? I see Mandalorian is now live and would like to get one in there.

Cointaker told me yesterday that they had 100+ kits that have been shipped to them. Not sure if that will be enough to satisfy all their backlog but Melissa told me that my order (from December) would definitely get filled from this batch

#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Does anyone know if there are any insider connected kits available to order now (in stock) for non-operators for a premium machine?

Cointaker just shipped mine a couple days ago. They got a LOT of them in stock

1 week later
#2836 2 years ago

I have 2 Insider Connect kits now (premium version) that are installed in the coin door. Both of them have started having intermittent backlight. The light comes on briefly when the game comes on, but then either flickers a lot or goes off entirely shortly thereafter. They both work just fine to scan from a phone, but I suspect they might not work so well on a non-bright source.

Is this something that Stern would cover under any kind of warranty? It doesn't bother me so much since I always use my phone to scan in anyway.

2 weeks later
#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone had a dark reader and manage to make it light again?

I had 2 (of 2 total!) that went dark. Stern provided absolutely no resistance to replacing both of them, so they must know there is a known issue with the early ones doing that. I have only received 1 of the replacement readers so far but it has worked perfectly since I got it. I would recommend filing a service ticket on any that you have that will not light up.

3 months later
#3489 1 year ago

Looks like Insider Connected is down right now? None of my games will connect and if I try to login to my account I get "service unavailable". Maybe they are busy installing a fantastic new feature-laden release...

4 weeks later
#3811 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Planned maintenance. I think they had a twitter post about it yesterday.

I'd like to think that they have it down so that they can install the Home Team leaderboard functionality. A guy can dream, can't he?

2 weeks later
#3925 1 year ago

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus can we please get leaderboards for home use????

10 months later
#5050 9 months ago

My Foo Fighters on latest code is logging me out of IC at the end of games now, and I have to relogin even if I hit the start button immediately at the end of the game (I have it set to 30 seconds before clearing the IC info). Just curious if this behavior is specific to FF or if it's happening on other titles as well.

#5052 9 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Look at Standard Adjustment #52 (on a Pro). Not sure if that will fix it, but give it a try.
#53 is enable home team on coin drop (if you're not on Free Play).
And make sure you're not logging in as a guest on Home Team

Definitely not logging in as a guest.

This just started after the newest FF code so I assume it’s some interaction unique to this title. Hopefully we will have more code soon…

#5062 9 months ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Has anyone got an easy fix for the QR reader light not staying on? I think it's the ribbon cable between the two boards, but the scanner still works. The frustrating part is that the light comes on during startup, but then turns off and stays off.

Common problem. Stern should replace it if you open a ticket with them.

#5065 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

I would also like to know as well as it doesn’t make sense to me that the light would come on during startup and just not stay lit. I could understand if the light didn’t come on at all.

Not if you’re not the original owner as I just tried. I saw others post that they were able to get it replaced with a warranty claim even though they weren’t the original owner, but I just tried (week ago) and they told me the original owner will have to get with their distributor even after I mentioned others were able to get a replacement when they weren’t the original owner. I’m the 3rd owner and really don’t want to bother or track down the original owner if it’s actually even possible.
Hoping someone smarter than me can figure out what causes this and if it can be fixed and maybe it’s a simple component like a capacitor or diode replacement?
Thanks for any help as while my OCD gets the best of me, it’s also cheap and doesn’t want to spend $199 on another kit.

I was not the original owner of one of the games I had the reader replaced on. However the game was fairly new at the time and thus may have been treated differently than if it was a year or two old

#5079 9 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

Did that, and I do regularly use it to log in to IC. Trouble is after a game ends and starts the match sequence I will press start for ‘just one more’… New game starts but the score screen says ‘Player 1 - Log In’ or something like that. I can log in again using my QR….not sure if there’s a way to sign in again using home team once the game has been started. I know I can 2-button kill the game and then start over with home team, but that’s too much work.
This happens not every time but way too often. Also seems to have started when Foo got v0.96

Happens to me also since the new FF code release. I think this bug seems to be unique to Foo... haven't seen any mention of it happening on other titles

3 months later
#5399 5 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

IC app just hit app stores. I managed to get it downloaded, but the servers must be burning down as it won't load anything.

I get to the login screen but it rejects the same credentials that have always worked on the web page.

#5403 5 months ago

I can't get to the web page now either... just a black screen

#5417 5 months ago
AssuredWideeyedDonkey-size_restricted.gifAssuredWideeyedDonkey-size_restricted.gif
#5476 5 months ago

I guess it was naive of me, but I was hoping all along that once an app was released, that the user interface was going to be much more like any other phone app. In my wildest dreams I did not expect that the app would basically just be a wrapper for the same crappy interface that we've come to know and (not) love in the webpage. It definitely IS nicer to have the app, especially if it will allow longer login sessions.

2 weeks later
#5547 4 months ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

It seems like with recent updates, the QR code in my Apple wallet is no longer working to scan on games (the one in the Ap works) and also my user was deleted from my home team (on home games) and I every time I try to add myself back in, the game just freezes and reboots.
I contacted Stern, but wondering if anyone else is having similar problems?

I had the problem with my user being deleted on 2 of my 3 IC games. Iron Maiden let me add myself back but foo fighters froze and restarted the first 2 times I tried but worked on the 3rd attempt

3 weeks later
#5721 3 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Anyone have their "2023 year in review" available to them on the IC app? Mine still shows 2022

The header of mine briefly said 2023 but it still showed the 2022 data... and now the header is back to 2022 also

1 week later
#5770 3 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Everyone still getting the " 2022 Year in review " ?

I am

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.