stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (2 years ago)

Post #2423 Stern Splitter for IC on Batman 66 and other amazingly loaded games! Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #3320 Methods for leaderboards on location. Posted by davegauth (1 year ago)

Post #4641 Info regarding which chipsets in the dongles are likely to work. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #4880 Sharing QR readers still works after Apr 20 2023 IC update Posted by ChrisBardon (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2489 2 years ago

Are there any audit/operator views for on location/wifi games yet?

#2491 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just super basic same as at launch
Games played, last week and last month cojnts, reach ability, last played

Where are those at? I don't see or know where to find the details on my games.

EDIT: Oh....is this where I apply for the "commercial" operators link and have to pay somethinig?

EDIT 2: yes. You apply for the Pro insider connected. I have submitted. Thank you.

#2493 2 years ago

The mobile web view already looks like a "app" version. I assume they are slowly staging the mobile view to just go right to an app. tons of features they can leverage though. Hoping to see them roll those out!

#2495 2 years ago

Ok so I’m in pro now, I added a location, but how do I add games to a location?

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

From memory, so maybe not exactly right.
At the game, connect to internet, get that going. Then go to register in the menu, scan your QR and it will tell you to complete on the website. Then go to your account online, pick the game to register to the location, and done.

mmm I think I registered the games under my personal "insider" I wonder if I need to unregister then do that under the location. However there really was no way to "add game" in the location, nor is there a QR for the location, that I can see that is different than my personal insider QR.

EDIT:
I hope there are instructions somewhere and I just was too dumb to not read them. So you do register the game under your insider then under machines, inside your account (kind of hard to find) you "Transfer" them to the location, but you also have to own/manage that location. Finally got it I think!

1 week later
#2596 2 years ago

Ugh IC is turning out to be like an apple iCloud lock. Stern better come up with a internal way to override

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Ok so I already have it connected and it has an IP, etc. There's somewhere else on the machine itself to go through that process? (Not their IC website...)?
I appreciate the assist! Going to go poke around now.

did you add it inside your IC "machines" ?

#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

It wouldn't allow me to as it was already registered to someone else. Once he removed it I was able to go into the settings on the machine itself, go to the insider connected option, scan my QR code, and it started the process, which you then complete back on the Insider Connected Website.

Yeah, I didn't see you got it figured out. but yes this is how the apple icloud lock works as well. However if more and more used games are sold and old owners don't want to login and unregister games. Stern will need a process for manually unlocking them per new owner.

#2616 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

at least do fully open ones (not ones that have an captive portal login)

Eh, you open connected devices up to easier attacks when you do that… I wouldn’t if I was them :/

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Next time just do a USB upgrade, unless you explicitly wanted to setup/use IC.

Yeah, for my route I still do usb as the wifi update in my mind would take forever

#2630 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

rush came with a small white adaptor - different from what came in Godzilla... I'll try to find the p/n on that one. So that's at least 3 different models I've seen stern ship...

Yup, my rush and Godzilla have different units

#2644 2 years ago

did you check to make sure one of the ports was plugged in with the "plug" that wasn't actually a cable, just ethernet end and a cap?

Also did the "pro" version get any upgrades to see actual detail in the route games? all I see is a few days plays, but that is it

#2657 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Is there a way to monitor how many times people actually logged into my IC kits? I'm debating if I should buy more but can't seem to find that data.

Ugh, this is the hard part. There is like no good info for operators yet. Just that basic # games played in the last 28 days

#2664 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

This is frustrating me a lot. So much potential but no updates at all.

"future updates" is all we get but on their marketing site we have tons of pictures of info, analytics, give outs, player info and location details.... ugh maybe in 2025.

#2673 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Really any sort of maturation of the usage like in TMNT will be big to me. It's evident in any other gaming platform that grinding has a pretty big impact. I have to imagine more widespread adoption of this going forward that has a slight tie-in / multiplier effect to scoring.
Progress being slow isn't hard for me to understand being that Stern can't even clear a backlog of games. I'm sure the first phase approach is retrofit - all the code and support that goes along with that.

I would also assume if code is being down in house, then the lack of a game mid this year will help with some coding time too. If it is outsourced then it is just tons and tons of testing and back and forth.

#2683 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

I played some games of Godzilla on location with coin drop and everything, got a bunch of achievements, and now I'm seeing that my achievements... WEREN'T VERIFIED?!?!
Doesn't really matter, but what caused this and what can I politely tell the store owner/game operator so that he knows how to fix this "problem", if he wants to?
To be clear, I got the achievements, they just weren't verified achievements.

IIRC the machine has to be verified, aka the location needs to verify their location/machine.

#2704 2 years ago

I was waiting for CT but was getting itchy wanting one for a game before the RUSH launch party. I found JJ @ game exchange had some in stock...

#2709 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

yeah... if only it were accurate... The stats are really sketchy in terms of what they consider time intervals and when it counts plays.

yeah, just threw one in to munsters, it updated the games I put in, then later in the day...those were gone.... I can't wait for more pro features to be added.

#2711 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This frustrates me so much. The stats are completely wrong. I have payrange and can see the live view of plays yet IC is way off. I don't really need them immediately but it makes me just not trust any of the data.

OH, how is payrange working for you? Been thinking upgrading from coin drop would be handy.......

#2717 2 years ago
Quoted from BWelch:

I'm having the same issue - QR reader lights up, says not found. I'm going to check the small ribbon connectors on the reader, and swap ethernet cable to test. I used the ethernet cable included in the kit, FWIW.
EDIT - Fixed - QR Reader needs 48v power, holding down the white switch inside the coin door fixes the issue.

HA! glad you fixed it.

#2729 2 years ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

In regards to the pro account for operators, how long did people have to wait until they got a response from Stern? It's been a week and we haven't heard anything yet.

I actually never "heard" from them after applying. It just...showed up.
Did you ask Stern or did you apply?

#2733 2 years ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

Oh, thanks... well I feel incredibly silly, I was expecting to receive an email notification, given they've been sending heaps of emails about other updates. Just logged into the account and it's all there now.

haha, yeah...I applied and was checking daily wondering the same...then just one day..poof it was there.

#2805 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Hi. Just wondering where you mounted it on the Star Wars one? I have a Le and heard that you need a special kit for it. Thanks

I think the last two pages of this thread were talking about that fix.

#2808 2 years ago

do any of you get the error you have to dismiss when you use the PRO side?

#2827 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:So IC is still just chasing achievements and painfully slow updates? Nothing new?
What about operators? Can you do remote code updates? Can you set up remote comps/challenges for your games? Can you change gameplay settings remotely? Do you get malfunction notifications? Etc etc?

For operators, all we have is inaccurate play counts. Big promises but I hope they come. This would be a great platform for operators to get much more power and detail remotely

#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I thought the play counts were pretty accurate? have you seen something else?

During the same day, I’ll log in and “today” counts will be a number, then later go to zero. I had it stagnant for a few days as well. And it would be nice to see paid vs total

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from Westcb:

The problem I see is whatever time zone is being used to track daily plays is not the one I have the machine set too. So somewhere through the day it starts the next days play count. Haven’t narrowed it down yet but honestly what I would like to see most is just paid earnings or just complete access to the audit systems in general. Followed by remote code updates (it does show what version the machine is running at least), and whose the top players of the machine.

Oh it would be funny if the code has a time of day as a contractor on the other side of the world….. it would make some sense then on my weird play counts

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

When selling or trading a game, do you have to unregister your game? Just want to make sure I don’t mess something up for them next guy. Has anyone done this?

Yes, you’ll need to unregister

1 week later
#2873 2 years ago

The camera has failed, I think, in my Godzilla and will not scan the QR. Has anyone found what camera they used and replaced just that?

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I doubt the camera failed. My guess is the supporting custom Stern electronics is what failed. You will need to get it replaced under warranty.

waiting on warranty, and because stern and parts issues...it's gonna be a while.

#2904 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I'm about to install IC on my JP.
When upgrading code to latest that includes insider connected will saving and loading settings using a usb stick work? I think after the upgrade the menu changes so wasn't sure if this negate ability to save/reload game settings.

yes, in the menu you can export settings etc. then import them back iirc. I just did a random update for RUSH and it wiped all scores....other updates didnt...that I remember.

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

The programmers intentionally wiped out scores in the latest code, due to very significant scoring changes that made previous scores irrelevant.

Ah. Then it makes sense.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Used insider connected for the first time at my local arcade. Does the functionality currently support leaderboards? I looked through this thread but couldn’t seem to find and answer. I can’t see where I place compared to others on the machines I just played, unless I’m missing something obvious.

It does not. If you scan in, you can see what achievements you’ve completed, your high scores and “friend” people but that is about it

#2922 2 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I hooked up my BKSOR LE to insider connected. Got it online.... and when I lock the first ball for triple knights challenge, the game freezes and resets each time. If I take it offline it will not freeze up. Anyone have this issue?
Mike

You left the sd card in the spike 2 board? Updated game code?

Could try reseating the Ethernet cord on the node board and camera

2 weeks later
#2972 1 year ago

Has anyone got a warranty replacement from stern? How long did it take? Going on 4 weeks and just curious

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

My Stranger Things optos took a month or so. I'm guessing you had a faulty IC reader node or something?

Yeah, the light is on but it will not scan the QR code. I haven’t swapped units with a working one but I did reseat all the cables.

1 month later
#3169 1 year ago

sooo local leader boards...
I created a leader board for my route location. As an Op I can see it and view results via the kiosk view on my phone.

As a player no one can find or see the leader boards for that location. Is that not up yet? I thought they said that worked on the call, but maybe it was just for the world wide godzilla thing.

EDIT: supposed to be under locations and then leaderboard
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Player-Discovery-Guide.pdf

#3170 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The camera has failed, I think, in my Godzilla and will not scan the QR. Has anyone found what camera they used and replaced just that?

the camera node did fail. Stern finally sent a new one and I was able to swap that last night, and start a leader board. The new module works faster than it used to to pickup the QR code. Camera looks different between parts.

#3172 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I see the same thing... the locations page in the website today does not match what they show in their guides... doesn't seem to be a way to find the location leaderboards yet or their docs are wrong.

probably just not implemented yet, sadly.
I posted the kiosk link in my fb group but idk how many people will see that.

#3177 1 year ago

So for a player to find the leader board
Go to the location
Then leaderboard tab
Then click the color rectangle.
While it is colored, it didn’t look like much of a “button” or clickable.

#3202 1 year ago

My route location powers all arcade/tv/signs off at night.
Is there a tv and/or dongle, that when powered would go right back to the website for the stern leaderboard?
I know some "default" to the last thing but I haven't tried on any tv I have at home. May be best to get a cheap smart tv for this so it is all integrated into itself.

#3204 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Look into ‘digital signage’ solutions. Plenty of raspberry pi and other simple small setups that do this stuff

I love projects...but that would require me to spend time....and that atm is not something I have. also raspberry pi's are....expensive or out of stock

EDIT:
yaaa this may be the only way. Tv's are hit and miss on even opening a default app, and chromecasts can't auto boot to a web browser (hack it?) Guess I need to hit up all my friends for a pi/banana pi.

#3206 1 year ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

We have two monitors hooked up with firesticks . they go back to site automatically after powering off the tv .

ohhh, I think my in laws have an old fire stick i could steal...

#3208 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Are you powering off the fire stick as well or just the TV?

That is a good point. This is full power off aka outlet is off. It would not be the tv was turned off and allowed to be in standby.

#3240 1 year ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Raspberry pi boot to web page in Fullscreen. Working with some friends on having it do more. . . Board getting busy. . .
[quoted image]

oh nice.

#3253 1 year ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

What web browser is everyone using for location? I can not find a good one with proper display setting, or is there a way to format the leaderboard display?

I know kiosk mode can be set to portrait or landscape, otherwise your browser just needs a full screen mode so it gets rid of all the bars and window settings.

What do you mean when you need a proper display? Is it not showing everything?

3 weeks later
#3460 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Someone posted that you can unregister a game through the in-game service menus, but it probably requires very recent code on it. I think I saw it in the Godzilla thread.

correct. not sure if every spike 2 has it, but I think Godzilla's new code does

#3465 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Operators and leaderboards ??
What size monitor are you using?
I'm testing my leaderboard signage, using a Yodeck player(landscape Mode) & a 47" monitor. The font on the leaderboards is small and hard to read. I'm guessing I need a 55-65" monitor for everyone to see it better. Or I need to turn it to Portrait orientation and try it that way.
Any thoughts?

I’ll be trying to fit a 32-43 inch tv just above my route games with the fire stick and that app listed above. I’m testing it at home with my 50”

#3468 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Im having this issue as well on a 40" monitor
the font is too small
im using an ONN stick with odin browser
it was recommended by stern as i was having various display issues using a fire stick

Do you have room to zoom in on the page?

#3473 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I didn't say the resolution was incorrect - I'm saying use a lower resolution to scale everything up. Your TV supports more than it's native resolution.
Modern TVs that by default support 4k and up will drive PC content smaller - just like that fancy new monitor on your desktop makes everything smaller until you change the fonts and theme on your computer.
Since you probably don't have zoom controls in the app you are using, best way to make browser content look bigger is to use a lower resolution monitor mode.

Is this when 480i/480p settings will be victorious?

#3476 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Download the app called Simple Tv for firestick. It’s $20 but auto loads to the leaderboard url when the tv and firestick are powered on. Works perfectly

Quoted from UnnDunn:

Simple TV Display. Works perfectly.

Ok, so I have my 55" tv w/ a fire stick. Bought and installed the simple tv on a fire stick. Enter the url, edit settings for power on, scale, refresh etc. BUT DO NOT SCALE. Leave that option off and you can see the full screen/games. When selected to scale, kit zooms in and you can't even see a leaderboard. Looks great , but yeah I can see if this tv was far away, it would be hard to read.

IMG_5412 (resized).jpgIMG_5412 (resized).jpg
#3479 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Do you have a pro account or can you set up a leader board for home use now too?

I have a pro account for route. This was testing my firestick before getting a tv mounted at the bar.

#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

You don't need a pro account to display a leaderboard; you just need the URL to a leaderboard display page.

ah good point. I did use my pro account to create the monthly leader board and then just used that url...so ya I guess anyone could use the url...but yes I have the account to create that.

#3486 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

I tried but then other things are obscured

can you try to go to tv settings and force 480p?

#3492 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Looks like Insider Connected is down right now? None of my games will connect and if I try to login to my account I get "service unavailable". Maybe they are busy installing a fantastic new feature-laden release...

Yeah, thinking they may be doing a update/overhaul. It is a Tuesday..... good day for IT work, but surprised we didn't get a notice of it being down.

#3502 1 year ago

For a single tournament you would need to create/schedule one just for that specific time then the top 10 on each game would be shown on a tv/url. Eh yes I like it but man is it cumbersome as it only keep tops scores of the single game for that time frame, so only useful if you wanted the top scores on single games. Not wins/ loss.

It is a great way to run a monthly high score tournament or league though. Like a selfie league without the picture needed

#3537 1 year ago

So our July leaderboard ended and I went to go see the results... Can anyone view past results for ALL games? My July is only showing 1 game (munsters). My June is also only showing Munsters..... I wanted to post a screen cap of results for the local group :/

#3543 1 year ago

- STERN INSIDER CONNECTED
- Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.

When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.

The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.

#3544 1 year ago

So for a home team, do you scroll through users on the machine? Can’t be just one user…. We’ll find out at the meeting today I suppose

4 months later
#4471 1 year ago

Is this not working on route for anyone else?

My route games kept saying “offline” and wouldn’t scan, and the website login was hit/miss

#4473 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Gomez has mentioned on podcasts/streams that it is the type of thing they are looking into….but no official confirmation.

Playing heads up on cosmic cart is so fun, well 2-4 player. Gomez at ces years ago told me about the internet features he wanted but ya it’s super slow to materialize.

I could see home team having a head to head first

#4481 1 year ago

I need to just schedule the whole 2023 out. I always forget and start it a day or two after

2 weeks later
#4544 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

amazon.com link » + firestick - someone needs to turn the TV on, unless the TV has a setting to auto-restore power
or solutions like pisignage.com or other pi systems can turn the TV on and off automatically on a schedule. (but you keep the device powered on)

Just to update. I borrowed a friends firestick, bought the app and had an old 32" tv to hang at the bar... in testing this setup is working! Only pain is you have to be on site to change the URL when the leaderboard updates, which isn't a huge deal. You change the url via the app settings w/ the firestick remote. Going to try and hang this tv tonight!

#4558 1 year ago

For people with their games on route, how is the games played in IC vs coin drop? Seems like games played includes the replays, $2 for 3 etc so it isn’t the same amount as coin drop games.

#4560 1 year ago

Correct. IC counts number of credits played, not dollars put into the game.

stern needs a better audit for actual coin drop. The "paid plays" also includes the $2 for 3, so the only way to validate is finding # of coins through and divide by 4.

#4565 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

Is Stern IC down right now? Been trying to connect for a few hours and says it can’t connect although my network connection works

It was slow loading this evening…but my play numbers seem off so I wonder if there is some backend issues

EDIT: oh my bar just said the IC tv isn’t working

EDIT 2: tv issue was the Amazon app, things seem to work but slow to show real numbers

#4593 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Does anybody know if there is a way to publicly display the insider leader board as a URL without the need to have to log into an Insider Connected account first?
Back story - I've just purchased the 'Simple TV' app for Amazon Fire Stick and I'm attempting to have it display the Insider Leaderboards of a location I operate. My plan was to set up a plug and play system for that will automatically display the latest leaderboard scores when the location switches on the monitor (with firestick) along with the games each day. I've copied the location's leaderboard URL from the Pro section of my Insider account and placed this into the Simple TV App as the page I want to display, but I've hit a snag - the Stern website is redirecting the URL to a log in page each time the monitor is switched back on, which is a problem.

Yes on your leader board, before you create click the check box for kiosk mode. Then you can copy/paste the link for the portrait or landscape leader board link from your account

EDIT: ahh it has been answered

#4615 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

My godzilla had the trough error alerts sometimes when I go into test mode yet I've never seen a problem in game mode. Haven't noticed it on my other games.

two of my games, munsters and mando have the random trough issues. Munsters HOWEVER does have a "pro code on LE/Prem" error but it is a pro....no idea. stern didn't know just told me to try and flash the sd card and new code. I tried a code flash off usb, same issue.

I have the fire stick w/ that app and my tv somtimes just sits at a gray screen. anyone have this issue? When I tested full power off or even unplugging and plugging it in, it worked 100%. Not sure if the app goes to refresh and just stays blank as refresh is set to every 5 min.

#4617 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I have had the trough error since I unboxed my Avengers Infinity premium. I Replaced both options boards and cables and still get it very few games, but it has never effected play.

you get the error in IC, but have you ever noticed the game itself not see/find balls?

#4622 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is IC delivering remote game diagnostics for location games yet?

hahhaha. no. Just phantom tech alerts that have been unhelpful. bad wifi signal and trough switch errors.

#4624 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

triggers an alert ok will stern add drivers for more wifi sticks? ship USB extension cables so that you can try to get an better signal

a metal head w/ wifi inside? whaaaa haha. Hopefully they can add a wifi antenna to the back or front of the cab.

Is there any way to have multiple user/owners for a location in IC?

#4627 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Yes but you can not share the same location entry with multiple accounts.
See South-A-Philly in Saint Augustine FL,
me and another operator had to put 2 location entries with 2 different accounts.

Same here. A friend of mine helps me run pins on location and each of our games are listed under a “duplicate” IC location

So my friend that runs route will have to make a duplicate location. and IC allows those same games to be added?

1 week later
#4643 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

last few days the insider connected daily play counts for the location (pro) does not match the totals of the games at this location. anyone else seeing this?

Quoted from davegauth:

Yes I've noticed the same issue.

Yes, just came to ask about this. Having this issue.

1 week later
#4673 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Quick question that I apologize in advance if already discussed and answered.
If I do a temporary trade on game and they both have IC, each game needs to be unregistered and then re-registered to the new person? And then once the trade goes back to the original owners do the same thing again?

yes

#4679 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Definitely odd since they had this running reliably for quite some time.

Kinda feels like they outsourced the programming and so if changes are made, it can break other things and takes forever for the contractor(s) to fix etc.

1 week later
#4739 1 year ago

My Feb leader board has already ended…..
9E2B44B1-601B-4A7C-9FD5-9BCB9AAF759C (resized).jpeg9E2B44B1-601B-4A7C-9FD5-9BCB9AAF759C (resized).jpeg

EDIT: YAAAA I did the wrong time....crap.

#4743 1 year ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

According to that you had it set to end just after lunch time (1 in the afternoon). I guess you wanted it to finish at 11:59PM, (just before midnight) and accidentally put 12:59.

CRAP!!!!!!

#4744 1 year ago
Quoted from SMI3:

How do I get The leaders on a tv screen in my Arcade ?
Do you use a dongle? Firestick?

If your "smart" tv can boot auto to a webpage, could use that. i use an app suggested via this thread for $20 on amazon and use it on a firestick. The tv is smart enough to turn on, use the last source (hdmi 1 aka firestick) and the app will auto load the website. I am having odd issues where it will randomly be gray and not have the page, its like the firestick or app just freak out. a reboot fixes it, but I need to get a remote power button ac plug so the bartender can just power cycle the tv (no tv remote).

#4750 1 year ago

Ugh my fire stick app keeps kicking out of the stern website and going back to the fire stick main homepage

Edit: power cycled the tv and it’s been staying up. But I assume this is what is happening when people tell me it’s a gray screen.

#4753 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Hence why I built a cheap linux box, flawless!

But then I have to deal with Linux
Ya then I could remote access easier. Probably wouldn’t be bad on a pi with a vpn server. I’d have to edit the bars router for forwarding though unless some app is available on pi

#4762 1 year ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

If you just have one screen, the yodeck route is affordable, easy, and you have full remote access. Buy one of their devices for $79 and the service is free.

their main page sucked so I never did sign up. Just did and NOW they have more info on how it works. Thank you, their box looks like a pi 4 w/ a case and image pre flashed? may be a good deal anyway as the pi 4 is sold out everywhere at ever gb

EDIT: yaaa pi shortages. Restock is 4/15/23, may limp along and then order a few 4-8gb pis and use yodeck. I like the plastlist feature so i can rotate like a ad and the leaderboard along with remote leaderboard update/change.

#4773 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Oh I see, I didn't set it up originally so my error there. I guess my buddy paid for the plus when we set up the pro for his place.

Yaaaa I paid for plus initially (personal) and then after the 2nd year of a crap gift box and nothing special I went to cancel and you have to email/call to request being removed.

1 month later
#4855 1 year ago

Is insider down?

9 months later
#5747 3 months ago

is IC working? Our route games haven't connected in 2d but that seems odd....

#5749 3 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I moved the antennas vertically up and down. The signal is now 61 (vs 55).
I originally pointed the antennas to the right since that is where the access point is. But this position appears better. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you can get the antenna out the hole at the top, you’ll get way better signal. The backbox is a metal box and blocks most the signal :/

#5755 3 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

is IC working? Our route games haven't connected in 2d but that seems odd....

Wi-Fi issue at the bar…..

#5766 3 months ago
Quoted from KDOC:

All the games at my local have been disconnected for a few days now. Got used to being connected. We all miss it.

I keep bugging my friend/bar owner to let me redo their network/camera system...typical to IT no one puts money/thought behind it until they aren't making money

2 months later
#6085 34 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Sorry if this has been covered earlier, but I am assuming Stern stores your home team members on their end attached to the IC account that registered the machines?
Was trying to think of some other way they would be able to propagate the same home team to each of your IC-connected pins, but coming up short of ideas that would make sense.

Example being if you had a Star Wars at home, setup home team. Purchased Deadpool and registered it under your account and the home team members showed up?

#6087 34 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yeah. I mean, there are certainly other ways they could propagate that home-team info between pins on the same network rather than storing it corresponding to a given IC account centrally (i.e. a theoretical “Stern IC database”, etc)… but am just wondering if anyone here knows how they are implementing that.

Based upon how they have done prior ic and how it works. It is stored in your account info on their side, my best bet. However once the game updates as registered and has the home team, if it goes offline does home team still function?

1 week later
#6104 24 days ago
Quoted from HDBrian:

Has anyone been able to get their QR code on a "tile" on a Google/Android Wear OS watch (I have a Samsung)?
It would be nice to just swipe left on my watch and have the QR code there to scan in.
I can't find any Wear OS photo apps that has a tile feature to display my screenshot of my QR code.
I was able to find a few QR code apps that can show a QR code on a tile, but they all want to scan my IC QR code, then decode it, then they re-encode it to a different QR code that it displays (IC QR codes use non-standard characters).
[quoted image]

for iOS it can be added to the "wallet" similar to a plane ticket to show. However for other wearables I would just take a picture of the QR code and then have the picture available to view on your watch.

#6106 24 days ago
Quoted from qbass187:

The only problem with that is the QR code will change periodically. As I've found out
I does work well on the apple watch though. Almost exactly as the OP asked for his Android device.

I’ve been told it changes…. But mine has not since the beginning. However you would just take a new screenshot and upload it to the watch?

I took a screen shot of my phone and zoomed in on that qr that I leave in my picture favorites. I haven’t had to update mine but I remember hearing it will/may from the beginning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.