20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakedistel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#585 1 year ago

Just watched the reveal vid. This is going to be phenomenal. I'll be at my computer Friday morning. Haha.

#599 1 year ago

Does anyone know how wide this widebody is going to be? Trying to determine if I need to put in new doors. Haha.

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This question about widebodies comes up often but the head is still wider than the bottom cab so I can't see how it would impact if it fits through a door unless they did something really crazy and made the backbox wider than standard which seems incredibly unlikely.

Thanks! That makes sense. Didn't think about it in those terms. Haha. I can put the tools away!!!

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Where you been?
[quoted image][quoted image]

America's Most Haunted is a great game and underappreciated. Always play it when we find it. It was that game that turned us on to Spooky! Just diferent enough back in 2014.

#2065 1 year ago

Ordered! Caught it just in time before it crashed again. At least we know that Spooky is being very attentive and working hard on their end. Thanks, Morgan and the whole team. Completely psyched about this game!!! Great Q and A last night. After today you can catch your breath a bit!

#2068 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Ordered! Caught it just in time before it crashed again. At least we know that Spooky is being very attentive and working hard on their end. Thanks, Morgan and the whole team. Completely psyched about this game!!! Great Q and A last night. After today you can catch your breath a bit!

Thanks SpookyLuke for the last update. To all of you trying to order; just stick with it. Seems like they are steadily working on the site.

#2081 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Back down
[quoted image]

Good luck everyone. Worth the hassle; just keep hitting refresh or checkout if you aren't already doing so. That seemed to be the key even when the store was closed.

#2098 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Trying guys. Website people suck.

Yeah probably. But your Spooky team seem great at trying to stay on top of this. Thanks to Morgan, Luke, and all of you. Forever a fan.
Going to be a 2 spooky household and likely a 3 at some future point when we find an R&M at a good price. Just babbling here now out of pure excitement. I'll just leave quietly before I embarrass myself further. Haha.

#2122 1 year ago

Just out of curiosity anyone with a direct order earlier than the 13457 posted. I'm 13466 and wondering where that falls.</blockquot

Successful order at 10:51 MST; #13527.

#2488 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So why are you posting in the HYPE thread if you don’t like it??? So stupid when people come into a hype thread and trash it.

Ditto! I was feeling the same way in this thread. Why would you bother coming to a "hype" thread for a pinball game only to trash the company or the game itself. Everyone has their opinions and their preferences, but, personally, I find it a waste of effort to simply get on a "hype" thread if you aren't planning to hype the game. Doubt that you are going to change anyone's mind. Comments after the game is "out in the wild" is fair game but this thread should be about anticipation. That being said, it's your time; post as you will. Still a fan and looking forward to this game. Feel fortunate that I have the ability (by making some sacrifices in other areas) to own a few pinball games. I think a lot of pinball owners are in similar situations and make similar sacrifices to be able to secure a game. They want to share in that excitement. That is why I am on this thread as are most folks. BUT post on; you're not going to steal my joy.

#2547 1 year ago

From my experience you will get an email just before they start the build on your specific machine relative to whether you want a butter cab. That will be based on your game spot number which you will get from Spooky or your distributor. If memory serves me right that is 2-3 weeks prior to your machine being completed.

#3102 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Well kiss my grits... that's a bit of an accolade isn't it!! Got you both down, but you *know* that you both get a set for free. The laws of mod making dictate it!
Sorry for the thread jack everyone. Proto parts are now on order so as soon as I've got a working version I'll kickoff my own thread and stop polluting this one.

Please add me as well. Also sent you a direct message

#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is this the stumblor doo hype thread? Am i in the right place?

Stumblor has directed folks to a separate thread…

#3222 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Just got my number emailed from spooky, #58

Just got my number; 179. Very happy with the number. #200 was the sweet spot for me. Haha.

#3312 1 year ago

Sounds like you had a wonderful life and a terrific wife. Sorry about your loss. Find some comfort in the joy I'm certain you both shared and the wonderful memories that will someday bring a smile instead of tears. Enjoy those fur children. Enjoy your games!!!

1 month later
#4795 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

That absolutely sucks by the way. I’m happy it ended up working out. Side note, I had a friend who bought an electric pressure washer and cussed the company up/down for a week. Turns out he didn’t hit the ‘on’ button and that’s why it wasn’t working. Haha
I let the trolls get to me on this thread and needed to vent. It felt good to be negative for a second. And also to reassure myself I’m not lighting $10k on fire haha

Great to see healthy respectful discourse. The fact that you both upvoted the other speaks volumes. Thanks!!!

#4796 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

It is electric, and we had a blizzard right after I bought it. Damn thing only worked 5 minutes and died. I was pissed. Turns out one of the two batteries was defective. Luckily, I had a spare from my mower. Worked awesome after that in waist deep snow .
Some people would shit on that company and say never again. I realized things can be defective. Sucks at first but in the end it proved to be a great product. There are some in pinball that have no perspective and expect perfection. It's never going to happen.

That was meant for you as well, Beechwood!! Respect to both of you.

#4886 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

We had to put our dog down last week, very unexpected and tragic. Best friend of 13 years. She loved watching us play pinball, would beg to come in our arms so she could track the ball(s). Give an extra big hug and tell them how good they are!

Feeling for you. It’s a horrible loss losing a fur child. Non-pet people don’t get it sometimes. They really ARE a part of the family. We always gave 3 dogs at any given time but lose a few along the journey. Always heart breaking. Like the guy said at the crematorium we use “Dogs (pets) just don’t live long enough “. BUT the time you have with them is so damned special. My heart goes out to you. Hold on to those memories!!!

#4908 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't think any pet owner would ever equate their fur-baby's death to that of a family member or even close human friend and definitely not to losing a child in that way. It doesn't mean that losing that pet doesn't leave a big hole in your life and cause real, emotional pain but some non pet-owners don't understand that side of it, which is what I think jakedistel really meant.
As the old adage goes, no one should ever have to bury their own child.

Absolutely agree. In no way equating the two. Sorry if some felt that way. And apologize for taking this off track. Having said that. I love the whole idea of Scooby Doo and all that Spooky is doing to make this a great game. Personally, can’t help but love the play with nostalgia and finally a pinball game with a significant dog presence…none better than Scooby.

#4914 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Oh lord, here we go again.... LOL

Haha…yeah, not what I’m saying. One great Scooby is enough (multiple Scooby graphics/toys welcome and applauded…)!

#5294 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Btw checkout The Pinball Awards tonight at 9 EST apparently there’s some spooky swag giveaways.

Does anyone know how to sign up to register for the live free giveaways for the awards? No football playoff today so going to give the awards show a try. Haha.

#5300 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I believe they said just participating in chat makes you eligible.

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it! Free stuff is always great! Especially spooky swag.

#5312 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

From what I could tell that looks like the best way. If it’s on YouTube you’ll probably have to be logged in or they may have follower only mode or something on

Thanks!

#5392 1 year ago

Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:I believe that the free cup holders are only available on Scooby-Doo CE machines. My Internet went wonky during the stream and I missed the CE part. I corrected the article earlier. I apologize any confusion.
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/spooky-pinball-to-include-free-themed-pin-gulp-drink-holders-with-all-scooby-doo-machines
[quoted image]

Wasn't able to catch the awards show last night. Caught a rebroadcast this morning. Spooky really stepped up with giveaways. Thank you Spooky for your support of the community. You're the best! I can't imagine that Scooby won't be a big presence at next year's awards show!

#5744 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I know it may seem expensive for only an occasional use but it is cheap compared to back surgery. I bought one of these after seeing it on the Bond thread. It is amazing! All of my games are on the second floor of my home and I have always dreaded the thought of having to move them. But with this machine I was able to move my JJP Dialed In downstairs and my Bond LE back upstairs single handedly. Just something to think about.
Electric Stair Climbing Hand Trucks Dolly Cart for Moving 441lb Capacity Heavy Duty Folding Stair Climber Cart Hand Trolley with 6 Wheels Motor Battery Powered
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

This is great information. So much cheaper than an escalara. Has anyone else used this?

#5948 1 year ago
Quoted from Zimtech:

Hi folks. Pretty new to Spooky (I have played Rick and Morty and Halloween at an event). Grew up on and love the original Scooby. I have me a CE coming. My question is concerning the butter cab option. I have no idea, and for the cost...? For some reference, I have three new sterns and I am happy with the cab art/decals and a Hobbit with radcals, which I think look great but if asked to pay an additional $1400...
Thoughts on how the butter cabs are and if the art look that much different?
Thanks for the input.

Have never owned a butter cab but I can share that the decal art on Halloween (which I do own) and other Spookys I have played elsewhere is amazing and very well done. I'm certain it looks amazing but not certain if it is worth it at the end of the day for me personally. AS many have shared it is difficult/impossible to repair (although I imagine for hardy) and you, frankly, don't really pay much attention to the cabinet art once you have enjoyed it for a few days. Home guests/patrons will ooh and ahh the first few times but then its all about the game play. AND on Scooby I am looking forward to AMAZING game play. Spooky has this. Honestly you can't go wrong with either if you have the extra cash but going to save those dollars for some extra decor/reno in the game room. Haha.

#5971 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Had a blast playing one last night...trying to find all the spooky pins on location in my area to get a better feel for them and so far loving each!

Won't help you out, but for anyone reading your question in Ohio or adjacent states check out Crazy Martins in Piqua Ohio. It is actually a head shop but don't miss the pinball area. It has/will likely have 6/7 spooky games: ACNC, R&M, America's Most Haunted, TNA, and Rob Zombie (can't imagine they wont get Scooby). The pinball area is separate from the head shop. Very friendly staff. You can find them here in the Pin Map or on their own website. Be sure to scroll to the pinball area on the website. Have a total of 17 games.

http://www.crazymartins.com/#/

#5980 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I stopped in Piqua on a road trip just because I wanted to play all the Spooky pins here. Great place.

Yeah, it's kind of a hidden treasure for Spooky fans! Haha.

#5981 1 year ago

Just got this print to put up between Scooby and Halloween. There's a few different prints similar to this out there, but this (for my individual tastes...haha) best captured the spirit of the cartoon:
Scooby and Michael (resized).pngScooby and Michael (resized).png

#5983 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Wicked idea!! Quick google search and I found this image…guess where Scooby is going next to?[quoted image]

Perfect. Haha. Now if I could just find a print of Deadpool and Michael or Deadpool and Scooby I'd have my line up. Haha.

#6146 1 year ago
Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

Final invoice sent for #111... almost time!!!!

Congrats! Not certain how this fits into the equation in terms of actual production and shipping, but is that a dealer invoice or direct from Spooky? Just curious.

#6148 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

I haven’t gotten my butter cab email yet for direct from Spooky #79. So I’m guessing that was dealer.

Thanks.

#6152 1 year ago

Pinballstar and it's a location game if that makes a difference.

Thanks, RoxasUrSoxas:

Can I ask if this is Southland Lanes? Just saw that you are in Middleburg. Stop there almost every trip to Cleveland (almost monthly)...Haha! If so we will probably get there to play it before our 179 gets delivered.

#6188 1 year ago

Yes! My family owns the bowling alley and I decided to start a pinball collection (addiction) 8 years ago

Southland Lanes is a great place; one of our favorite stops. Great place for pinball and inexpensive drinks. Haha. Highly recommend it. Great collection of games on site. We have talked with the owner of the place many times as he was filling my pitcher and pouring a Jack and Diet. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. Games always maintained. Thanks. Will be watching your facebook page to see when Scooby lands and will make that 2 hour drive.

#6189 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

So it was just billed early through the distro because that’s how that one manages orders. It won’t impact production time. They’re still on game 61 or somewhere around there.

Thanks. Finally figured that out by looking at the spreadsheet. Also makes sense that distributors might need to be invoiced a bit earlier. Be a pretty major frontend cash out if they didn't. Getting close though. Frankly, I find the anticipation a positive part of the experience whether it be delivery of your own game or the delivery at a location where you can get your hands on the game. I appreciate everyone's excitement...not a bad thing at all. If anything it normalizes the feeling we all share.

#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

This is the only place in NE Ohio that we haven't visited yet. Have several other good spots closer, however, it sounds like this might be the first Scooby in town so I'll be sure to be visiting once he and the gang arrive. Love the variety of what I'm seeing as the current line up.

Quoted from cookpins:

This is the only place in NE Ohio that we haven't visited yet. Have several other good spots closer, however, it sounds like this might be the first Scooby in town so I'll be sure to be visiting once he and the gang arrive. Love the variety of what I'm seeing as the current line up.

It will be a trip well spent. Low key bowling alley with a terrific separate pinball room. Very friendly staff.

#6231 1 year ago

Quoted from monitorpop:I added a “when you might get your game” estimate to the tracker. Calculation based on Spooky posting a comment on FB yesterday that “7 games per work day get put in boxes for the next year. Pending any supply issues but we do not expect any.” after the first 50 going in boxes. They work a 4 day work week so that would be 28 games per week. (They previously stated 30 per week and tend to ramp up a bit over time so this should be a conservative estimate). I guesstimated 3/1 for #51 but will update the calculation when we see the actual dates these early games get delivered. Hope that helps some with planning. Looking forward to the early April to get mine!
Estimated date is the last column on the right in this sheet. Please add your game if I didn’t already get it added from you posting it here or FB:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=sharing

Appreciate the effort going into this Monitorpop!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakedistel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=jakedistel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.