20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 130.
#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Congrats! Not certain how this fits into the equation in terms of actual production and shipping, but is that a dealer invoice or direct from Spooky? Just curious.

Pinballstar and it's a location game if that makes a difference.

#6152 1 year ago
Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

Pinballstar and it's a location game if that makes a difference.

Thanks, RoxasUrSoxas:

Can I ask if this is Southland Lanes? Just saw that you are in Middleburg. Stop there almost every trip to Cleveland (almost monthly)...Haha! If so we will probably get there to play it before our 179 gets delivered.

#6153 1 year ago

#6154 1 year ago

Just out of curiosity what is the longest wait in recent pin history from when a game is offered to the public until it is delivered. I am used to long wait times and this one does not seem longer than other games.

#6155 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Just out of curiosity what is the longest wait in recent pin history from when a game is offered to the public until it is delivered. I am used to long wait times and this one does not seem longer than other games.

My Scooby 553 will be ready to ship way before my CCr LE - ordered and deposit paid sometime around October 2021 or so… that’s one

#6156 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Spooky Please load CE #32 in your truck and deliver it to BallyKISS1978
Thank you

It’s been a really bad year plus for my wife, family, and I since October 2022, not to mention the last 30 years. Sorry just really excited for this. It’s difficult waiting for something that made your wife so happy and smile for the first time in a long time. She fell in November and broke her tibula and fibula from a fall because her blood pressure kept dropping. Chronic pain, had blood clots, vein stripping done, heart issues, migraines, degenerative disc disease, and spinal stenosis.

Almost lost my daughter to diabetic ketoacidosis this year, and my other daughter needs brain surgery on March 1st. And I am working with genetic counseling through the VA trying to get a diagnosis for my health issues. We lost three children to a rare form of muscular dystrophy, so I just had a muscle biopsy done last week.

So apologies if being annoying in anyway. It’s just a dream theme and my family is very excited. We all need distractions in life. Remember it’s just pinball and don’t take it so seriously, life can be serious enough.

Remember Spooky is doing their best and I appreciate all their effort and hard work. Happy Valentine’s Day to all. Love the Scooby thread and the group and looking forward to the owners thread and watching this game evolve.

#6157 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It’s been a really bad year plus for my wife, family, and I since October 2022, not to mention the last 30 years. Sorry just really excited for this. It’s difficult waiting for something that made your wife so happy and smile for the first time in a long time.
Almost lost my daughter to diabetic ketoacidosis this year, and my other daughter needs brain surgery on March 1st. And I am working with genetic counseling through the VA trying to get a diagnosis for my health issues. We lost three children to a rare form of muscular dystrophy, so I just had a muscle biopsy done last week.
So apologies if being annoying in anyway. It’s just a dream theme and my family is very excited. We all need distractions in life. Remember it’s just pinball and don’t take it so seriously, life can be serious enough.
Remember Spooky is doing their best and I appreciate all their effort and hard work. Happy Valentine’s Day to all.

Thanks for sharing this and sorry you have gone through this. Pinball is one of the best distractions...hope you get your game really soon... Keep your head up my friend.

#6158 1 year ago

It’s been a really bad year plus for my wife, family, and I since October 2022, not to mention the last 30 years...

Sorry to hear this and wishing for better days ahead to you!

#6159 1 year ago

So when these games do arrive....what's the process for a NIB game? Just unbox, attach legs, take packing material out of playfield, plug it in and play? Do they need waxed or is it ready to go out of box?

Also, does Scoob come with his rabies shot? I'll need to register him with the city.

#6160 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

So when these games do arrive....what's the process for a NIB game? Just unbox, attach legs, take packing material out of playfield, plug it in and play? Do they need waxed or is it ready to go out of box?
Also, does Scoob come with his rabies shot? I'll need to register him with the city.

We include some brief setup instructions with the game! Also a ton of tutorials on YouTube. No need to wax right away but also welcome to do so if you would like.

#6161 1 year ago

Pretty much. If you have never done it before, follow the instructions. I wouldn't worry about waxing a new game, but wiping it down to remove any dust/particles isn't a bad idea.

Also a good idea to eyeball the playfield, check connections to make sure things are tight and didn't loosen during shipping, etc.

#6162 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We include some brief setup instructions with the game! Also a ton of tutorials on YouTube. No need to wax right away but also welcome to do so if you would like.

Holy fast reply straight from Spooky, Batman! Thanks! Can't wait!

#6163 1 year ago

There are no shortage of unboxing videos that will show you what to do. Just don't cut the strap around the head until its horizontal and legs are on. Its not fun hitting your wife with the head of a game when you unbox your first NIB....You'll get more opinions on wax or no wax than you will want...you can do a search and you'll find plenty of threads that speak to that.

#6164 1 year ago

It’s been a really bad year plus for my wife, family, and I since October 2022, not to mention the last 30 years. Sorry just really excited for this. It’s difficult waiting for something that made your wife so happy and smile for the first time in a long time. She fell in November and broke her tibula and fibula from a fall because her blood pressure kept dropping. Chronic pain, had blood clots, vein stripping done, heart issues, migraines, degenerative disc disease, and spinal stenosis.
Remember Spooky is doing their best and I appreciate all their effort and hard work. Happy Valentine’s Day to all.

You aren’t being annoying, at least in my books. Excited more than the average bear I’ll give you - but dude you are on the pointy end of this and you have every right to be as losing-my-mind-over-the-top as you want. Personally I like it when people are fired up about things that make them happy.

Hope your story shifts into a good-news one in 2023.

#6165 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Not 100% certain, but my guess would be Cactus Canyon LE. Announcement and down-payment began October 2021. Still plenty of people waiting on their LE. Not to mention the poor SE+ plus folks (those get made after the LE)!!!

#6166 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

There are no shortage of unboxing videos that will show you what to do. Just don't cut the strap around the head until its horizontal and legs are on. Its not fun hitting your wife with the head of a game when you unbox your first NIB....You'll get more opinions on wax or no wax than you will want...you can do a search and you'll find plenty of threads that speak to that.

And don’t forget to use a cloth and remove any oily residue that may still be on those shiny new silver balls.

#6167 1 year ago

Gotta find something, yet it’s gotta be small and tasteful, to fill up some spots on the green speaker grills. Any ideas? Here are three different options. I wouldn’t be mixing, but one of these could be a consideration.

3512AFEF-A133-43BC-A3E0-4DE36AA41395 (resized).jpeg3512AFEF-A133-43BC-A3E0-4DE36AA41395 (resized).jpeg84567BDB-333F-4A47-9307-191D171A7394 (resized).jpeg84567BDB-333F-4A47-9307-191D171A7394 (resized).jpeg9548BAA4-CAD6-4E51-89EA-BCA3D22A4277 (resized).jpeg9548BAA4-CAD6-4E51-89EA-BCA3D22A4277 (resized).jpegF5BD3822-305A-4058-A570-731347E610C1 (resized).jpegF5BD3822-305A-4058-A570-731347E610C1 (resized).jpeg
#6168 1 year ago

Any timeframe when first batch will ship? Asking for my wife lol. Can’t wait and I kid with the pic I posted. Glad your taking the time to make sure the pins are working ok before they are boxed up and shipped.
[quoted image]

I prefer to just show ya! I'll share photos when they start hitting pallets!

#6169 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Gotta find something, yet it’s gotta be small and tasteful, to fill up some spots on the green speaker grills. Any ideas? Here are three different options. I wouldn’t be mixing, but one of these could be a consideration.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look like good candidates! Just so you know, I emailed WizardMods and they're definitely working on a magnetic panel overlay. That's probably the route I'll take

#6170 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I prefer to just show ya! I'll share photos when they start hitting pallets!

Must be any day now then

#6171 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Those look like good candidates! Just so you know, I emailed WizardMods and they're definitely working on a magnetic panel overlay. That's probably the route I'll take

Good to know! I have some of their stuff and it’s very well done. Expected them to, and actually had a look at their page earlier today. Also considered writing in but I’m glad someone has already. Wonder if they’ll do something for the coin door, though I doubt I’ll be covering that powder coated CE door. Will be the first coin door in my collection that ain’t just plain black, and I love the thought of that.
Wish JJP would have completed the purple package on GNR CE with the coin door. Thanks spooky !

#6172 1 year ago

That's awesome to hear. I absolutely love the green but definitely a lot of blank space to work with there to add some more art to compliment the already fantastic design.

#6173 1 year ago

#6174 1 year ago

Just don't cut the strap until it's up on all four legs !
Todd Tuckys TNA unboxing video had me Screaming at my screen. NOOOOOO !!!!g

#6175 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Just don't cut the strap until it's up on all four legs !
Todd Tuckys TNA unboxing video had me Screaming at my screen. NOOOOOO !!!!g

Funny, I thought the same thing

#6176 1 year ago

Remember Spooky is doing their best and I appreciate all their effort and hard work. Happy Valentine’s Day to all. Love the Scooby thread and the group and looking forward to the owners thread and watching this game evolve.

Dude you are awesome and I always enjoy your posts. Love to the family and I hope you guys enjoy it soon!!

#6177 1 year ago

Not 100% certain, but my guess would be Cactus Canyon LE. Announcement and down-payment began October 2021. Still plenty of people waiting on their LE. Not to mention the poor SE+ plus folks (those get made after the LE)!!!

Magic Girl. Then the ones that got one eventually received a non-functional, incomplete game.

#6178 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Magic Girl. Then the ones that got one eventually received a non-functional, incomplete game.

I think the MM remake holds the record for the longest wait. It started with Wayne in Australia around 2005 before it eventually moved to CGC and finally happened in 2015. 10 years!

#6179 1 year ago

Sorry to hear about your family members not doing well. My post was very positive one hoping Spooky would ship your game soon.

My wife is having some major health issues and we are waiting on some additional test.

Hoping a speedy recovery for everyone.

God bless your family.

#6180 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from Damonator:

I think the MM remake holds the record for the longest wait. It started with Wayne in Australia around 2005 before it eventually moved to CGC and finally happened in 2015. 10 years!

Well, he did say "recent" pinball history. So, I assumed CCr. Although "recent" is a relative term of course.

#6181 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230214-214102_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230214-214102_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230214-214115_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230214-214115_eBay (resized).jpg
#6182 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Thanks, RoxasUrSoxas:
Can I ask if this is Southland Lanes? Just saw that you are in Middleburg. Stop there almost every trip to Cleveland (almost monthly)...Haha! If so we will probably get there to play it before our 179 gets delivered.

Yes! My family owns the bowling alley and I decided to start a pinball collection (addiction) 8 years ago

#6183 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thanks for sharing this and sorry you have gone through this. Pinball is one of the best distractions...hope you get your game really soon... Keep your head up my friend.

Thank you so much, it’s good. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and family. God has given me much and I am grateful for the blessings and the trials. Helps me to appreciate the little things in life. Stop and smell the flowers.

Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Sorry to hear about your family members not doing well. My post was very positive one hoping Spooky would ship your game soon.
My wife is having some major health issues and we are waiting on some additional test.
Hoping a speedy recovery for everyone.
God bless your family.

Prayers for your wife, you and your family. I hope everything turns out ok for her. I appreciate your kind comment. I just wanted to clarify why my family and I are so excited.

#6184 1 year ago

That’s such a tragic story so sorry for your losses. Hope things start making a turn for the better for you.

#6185 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Congrats! Not certain how this fits into the equation in terms of actual production and shipping, but is that a dealer invoice or direct from Spooky? Just curious.

So it was just billed early through the distro because that’s how that one manages orders. It won’t impact production time. They’re still on game 61 or somewhere around there.

#6186 1 year ago

Throwing this out to the masses here.

I have widebody Invisiglass (JJP) in stock and ready to ship to your door. $249.99 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes. Shipping will vary greatly depending on where you are located. The glass itself will ship from our office in WI. Unfortunetely this can not be included or pre-installed on your game. Spooky has enough going on already and asking them to install, and find somewhere to stock it all, could potentaily cause a delay in game production (which none of us want)

This is the upgrade for the playfield glass itself.

INVISIGLASS non-glare pinball machine playfield glass for widebody pinball machines. The glass virtually disappears when installed in your game!

Please DO NOT clog up this thread with "i'm in, or put me down, etc," instead shoot me an email and we will get you on the list.

I will need the following information

Full name
Street
City, State, Zip
Phone

[email protected]

Thank you

Added 13 months ago:

while shipping tends to be a little high on these items, you can get two sheets (2 widebody, 2 standard, 1 widebody/1 standard) in one box, which means only one shipping charge.

#6187 1 year ago

Sorry for the issues you and your family are facing - you definitely get a pass.
We all should lighten up on attacking each other - you never know what someone's story is.

#6188 1 year ago
Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

Yes! My family owns the bowling alley and I decided to start a pinball collection (addiction) 8 years ago

Southland Lanes is a great place; one of our favorite stops. Great place for pinball and inexpensive drinks. Haha. Highly recommend it. Great collection of games on site. We have talked with the owner of the place many times as he was filling my pitcher and pouring a Jack and Diet. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. Games always maintained. Thanks. Will be watching your facebook page to see when Scooby lands and will make that 2 hour drive.

#6189 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

So it was just billed early through the distro because that’s how that one manages orders. It won’t impact production time. They’re still on game 61 or somewhere around there.

Thanks. Finally figured that out by looking at the spreadsheet. Also makes sense that distributors might need to be invoiced a bit earlier. Be a pretty major frontend cash out if they didn't. Getting close though. Frankly, I find the anticipation a positive part of the experience whether it be delivery of your own game or the delivery at a location where you can get your hands on the game. I appreciate everyone's excitement...not a bad thing at all. If anything it normalizes the feeling we all share.

#6190 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

You aren’t being annoying, at least in my books. Excited more than the average bear I’ll give you - but dude you are on the pointy end of this and you have every right to be as losing-my-mind-over-the-top as you want. Personally I like it when people are fired up about things that make them happy.
Hope your story shifts into a good-news one in 2023.

I appreciate that. Thank you. A lot has not gone well for us for a long time with many trials and constant challenges. Our family therapist can’t even believe how much we have been through lol.

I am a disabled veteran and it’s sucks not being able to work. So I got hyper focused on Scooby lol. Wife and I grew up watching it and it was an escape for me from an abusive mother. So this pin holds a special place in my heart and for my wife who also had things happen to her at a young age. Won’t get into details.

Just again grateful to spooky and those in this group. Appreciate you all for being a nice distraction from life for me to keep moving forward each day. Also thanks to my pinhead friend John in Florida from who I have learned a lot from when I joined the hobby in 2019.

#6191 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Southland Lanes is a great place; one of our favorite stops. Great place for pinball and inexpensive drinks. Haha. Highly recommend it. Great collection of games on site. We have talked with the owner of the place many times as he was filling my pitcher and pouring a Jack and Diet. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. Games always maintained. Thanks. Will be watching your facebook page to see when Scooby lands and will make that 2 hour drive.

This is the only place in NE Ohio that we haven't visited yet. Have several other good spots closer, however, it sounds like this might be the first Scooby in town so I'll be sure to be visiting once he and the gang arrive. Love the variety of what I'm seeing as the current line up.

#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

This is the only place in NE Ohio that we haven't visited yet. Have several other good spots closer, however, it sounds like this might be the first Scooby in town so I'll be sure to be visiting once he and the gang arrive. Love the variety of what I'm seeing as the current line up.

Quoted from cookpins:

It will be a trip well spent. Low key bowling alley with a terrific separate pinball room. Very friendly staff.

#6193 1 year ago

I am a disabled veteran and it’s sucks not being able to work.

Thanks much for your service and hope you and your family have better times ahead! I am former active duty myself (reserves now) so I can appreciate the sacrifice. Scooby is gonna be awesome!

#6194 1 year ago

WE GOT GAMES ON SKIDS!

20230215_170524 (resized).jpg20230215_170524 (resized).jpg20230215_181536 (resized).jpg20230215_181536 (resized).jpg
#6195 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

WE GOT GAMES ON SKIDS!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome!

#6196 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

WE GOT GAMES ON SKIDS!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here we go!!!

Congrats Spooky!

#6197 1 year ago
0578BD74-FFD7-460A-8BEC-802DEE004327.gif0578BD74-FFD7-460A-8BEC-802DEE004327.gif
#6198 1 year ago

Wow Just Wow. Cant wait!!!

#6199 1 year ago

What's in the mystery box perched on the 2nd floor?!

6B1CD9A2-3234-4B14-963F-31B5AB151868 (resized).jpeg6B1CD9A2-3234-4B14-963F-31B5AB151868 (resized).jpeg

#6200 1 year ago

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52DEFAE0-2B61-43EF-A88B-5CA815B8C833 (resized).jpeg52DEFAE0-2B61-43EF-A88B-5CA815B8C833 (resized).jpeg709BBA13-9A27-4405-8D00-7BAA8349403E (resized).jpeg709BBA13-9A27-4405-8D00-7BAA8349403E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.