20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 130.
#5251 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Here it is guys! The official Scooby-Doo gameplay reveal. Enjoy!

exceptional.

#5252 1 year ago

Game play looks great! Nice video and good job!

#5253 1 year ago

Okaokay okay…. Spooky I love you, and obviously that video was just one game and I promise that I’m not trying to rain on parades buuuuut my one criticism is that I didn’t really see a reason for anyone to want to shoot the two tier 3 bank drop targets which is a feature that I was looking forward to. Some good risk reward opportunities there IMO. It’s Friday. I’m drunk. I could be wrong but that part of the playfield needs more love. Xoxo gossip girl.

P.s. this message brought to you by plantation O.F.T.D.

#5254 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Okaokay okay…. Spooky I love you, and obviously that video was just one game and I promise that I’m not trying to rain on parades buuuuut my one criticism is that I didn’t really see a reason for anyone to want to shoot the two tier 3 bank drop targets which is a feature that I was looking forward to. Some good risk reward opportunities there IMO. It’s Friday. I’m drunk. I could be wrong but that part of the playfield needs more love. Xoxo gossip girl.
P.s. this message brought to you by plantation O.F.T.D.

You hit them to keep your bravery up, ie adds time for modes.

#5255 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

You hit them to keep your bravery up, ie adds time for modes.

But seems pretty accidental/unimportant. Would love to see some hurry up or jackpots placed on the shot through the two three banks.

#5256 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:But seems pretty accidental/unimportant. Would love to see some hurry up or jackpots placed on the shot through the two three banks.

Pretty sure there was a hurry up with those at the start. But agree, would be great to have some modes that involve/feature those. I’m sure they’ve got stuff planned.

#5257 1 year ago

Thanks for posting the video Spooky!

#5258 1 year ago

first feeling i have is the game seems more than "easy" (layout/shoots angles/returns ball), i mean watching theses guys playing, you're quite never in danger, the 1st outlane came after... 15 min (i now have Turtle home, in 15 min i'll surelly get 50 balls thrue the outlanes !!! lol)
but OK, not saying this is a bad things, some pins are way to hard, some way to easy, need more info/testing to see where this one will stand

the "reverse" shot from the left upper flip is a nice idea for sure

and theme/ambiance/sounds seems to work well together

waiting to see more

#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

yes, I think people are enthused when they are in house mode and just need to just watch the ball drain down the sanitarium playfield to to progress. they dig that that modes have no clear objective or direction. people like that that the video's are pixilated . I could say I am only speaking for myself but the tanked values might give say otherwise. I am not a seller, I would just like to see a decent finished code. Rob zombie owners might agree. and from what i have read, rick and morty owners were promised more as well.

I own rob zombie limited as well as R&M, both are amazing. No complaints here. Might swap RZ for another music pin simply because that was my plan all along but everyone loves it, including myself.

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Oops… it took me 105 pages to realize this is a Halloween thread. I could have swore it was Scooby Doo.

Page 105 is finally where the unmasking happened. It’s been HW all along.

#5261 1 year ago

Be great to use the lower drops more to get some more risky side to side movement. Out of interest are there any more targets on the RHS and LHS of the lower pf?

#5262 1 year ago

The game look amazing and I for one am so happy I lived long enough to see this game get made#268.and I love my Halloween also as it sits but I am sure it will get way better in the future.

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The game look amazing and I for one am so happy I lived long enough to see this game get made#268.and I love my Halloween also as it sits but I am sure it will get way better in the future.

I agree with Halloween getting better. Enjoyed the video. Spooky did an amazing job on Scooby-Doo. I loved the upper playfield. I loved the characters they picked out.

#5264 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

first feeling i have is the game seems more than "easy"

Odd - because the first feeling I had was "damn - bug is good." My ball times will pale in comparison.

#5265 1 year ago

SpookyBug and SpookyLuke you guys knocked this out of the park! It looks, sounds, and 'feels' so right. Congratulations to all at Spooky Pinball for the hard work...it really shows. Eagerly awaiting #240

#5266 1 year ago

Apron lock FYI

#5267 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

first feeling i have is the game seems more than "easy" (layout/shoots angles/returns ball), i mean watching theses guys playing, you're quite never in danger, the 1st outlane came after... 15 min (i now have Turtle home, in 15 min i'll surelly get 50 balls thrue the outlanes !!! lol)
but OK, not saying this is a bad things, some pins are way to hard, some way to easy, need more info/testing to see where this one will stand
the "reverse" shot from the left upper flip is a nice idea for sure
and theme/ambiance/sounds seems to work well together
waiting to see more

You don’t think they tightened up the posts for the stream? The stream would have sucked if all is it was drain after drain.

#5268 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

People can say they are happy with their Halloween/ultraman

Yes I can say I am happy with my Ultraman. Sits next to Godzilla. I am happy with that too. Bottom line, Spooky had a problem with their software developer. They owned up to it and replaced him. Matt is doing great things. The software will be terrific. I have a large collection, the playfield is unique and that is hard to do. The artwork is phenomenal. I realize the theme isn't for everyone and it was never going to get made by Stern. For me, it brings back a flood of happy memories from my childhood. Ultimately, many Godzilla owners will want Ultraman sitting next to it in a Kaiju row. They won't be getting mine.

And Spooky has double downed with Scooby. It looks to me like the code will be more polished at release than any recent Stern. Maybe you should put a deposit down on Scooby, you won't be disappointed. Better hurry though, I have a feeling they are not going to last long.

#5269 1 year ago
approved.jpgapproved.jpgthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif
#5270 1 year ago

Watching

Watching.gifWatching.gif
#5271 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

And Spooky has double downed with Scooby. It looks to me like the code will be more polished at release than any recent Stern. Maybe you should put a deposit down on Scooby, you won't be disappointed. Better hurry though, I have a feeling they are not going to last long.

I agree. Spooky has definitely "shown up" with this release. Code looks great out of the gate and production has just begun... As the code fully matures this pin is going to be even more fun to flip. And with only 1969 machines (admittedly a "large" run for Spooky) I predict that down the road the secondary market will heat up (not that I care -- this one will be bolted to floor for me

#5272 1 year ago

Waited to watch till this morning (was out with neighbors). All I did was make myself sad now because I'm #711 . First thing I said to the wife who doesn't care is wow this code looks so good. Then later I turn to see her staring at me concerned as I'm giggling at the sounds and assets like a schoolgirl. I'm super excited.

#5273 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Waited to watch till this morning (was out with neighbors). All I did was make myself sad now because I'm #711 . First thing I said to the wife who doesn't care is wow this code looks so good. Then later I turn to see her staring at me concerned as I'm giggling at the sounds and assets like a schoolgirl. I'm super excited.

I feel your pain! I am 712, and the first thought after watching was that the wait just got a bit harder!

#5274 1 year ago

I kind of want ultra man this morning. Haha. I feel like it will help with my scooby fix. Anyone want to give one up for cheap?

Going to go play some R&M and RZ now

#5275 1 year ago

Liking what I’m seeing! Definitely seems to have long ball times, but that can always be remedied.

Excited to see more as the game develops.

#5276 1 year ago

Looks fun lots of cool modes! Only it’s a long playing pin, 5 minutes per ball this would make an hour 4 player game. Maybe it was set up super safe for the stream.

Code looks great at this early point.

Well done Spooky.

#5277 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

But seems pretty accidental/unimportant. Would love to see some hurry up or jackpots placed on the shot through the two three banks.

Currently the drop targets spawn Scooby Snacks, which are super-important in the game. While in modes they increase your bravery, which is a timer and scoring multiplier.

There were 100% times in the stream where we were specifically aiming for the drop targets. Towards the end of the stream, I was low on bravery. I already had two drop targets down on each of the banks; one on the bottom and one on the top. I thought I was in good shape. My plan was to just toss the ball in that direction. I figured, If clear one, maybe both. Somehow, I threaded the needle, missing both. That scores points, but when the ball enters the VUK behind the drops, it rests both of the drop banks.

Beyond that, they are also used for a skill shot, mini-objectives in some cases, and as your character jackpots; which are quite deep into the game. As the code evolves, we also have intentions for adding a few new features at or behind the drop targets.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Liking what I’m seeing! Definitely seems to have long ball times, but that can always be remedied.
Excited to see more as the game develops.

It is on the easier side of the median, but keep in mind the outlanes we're in the easiest position. There will also be easy, medium, and Zoinks! settings in the menu.

#5278 1 year ago

Wouldn’t mind seeing another MB involved with the drops and hole in the back like itchy and scratchy or kinda like the raptor pen in JP.

Love that the key to scoring big in modes is via the drops too. Good risk reward.

#5279 1 year ago

There may be a Scooby Snack Multiball in the works.

PS: The Real Spooky Luke is right, were bad at keeping secrets.

#5280 1 year ago

Since mine is the only opinion that matters, I now feel obligated to have to watch this video and eat into my "things need done" time and post my feelings on SD.

What I don't do for this hobby....

#5281 1 year ago

Love being able to backhand most the shots in the game too.

#5282 1 year ago

I actually like that it’s on the easier side. I have RnM which I think is hard. Godzilla which is average difficulty. If this one has longer times I get three totally different experiences. I’m also not a great player though.

#5283 1 year ago

Btw checkout The Pinball Awards tonight at 9 EST apparently there’s some spooky swag giveaways.

#5284 1 year ago

I am 100% in on this game… only thing I thought was lacking was Captain Cutler multi ball. I am not sure about the song choice (doesn’t really fit in with the rest of the game) and there weren’t any video assets for the mode as it went on. Otherwise I’m happy.

#5285 1 year ago

One of my concern's was the upper and whether it would play well or not. Pistol Poker got stale in my home pretty quick. I also was concerned about not seeing below the playfield. I had to watch the stream twice and what attracts me is the unique modes. The way they are arranged looks like they will be fun and the upper looks like it plays different than others. The lighting looks fabulous and seems to tie in well with various modes. Looks pretty good, pretty good

#5286 1 year ago

LOVED the stream last night, however I have one request: Give me some Hex Girls music!

#5287 1 year ago

Reveal video is the best in Spooky history by far. Game looks amazing. You guys nailed it. The team should be proud.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I own rob zombie limited as well as R&M, both are amazing.

As someone who has owned 3 Spooky games, two NIB, I can't agree with this. I've had issues with each one, parts seemed cheap, code was terrible, etc. R&M was a nightmare for on-location. It broke so many times and was so clunky that nobody played it. Maybe you've had better luck and that's why you disagree with me, and if so good for you! The only reason I keep coming back for more is because of their customer service and family atmosphere. I gotta support these guys, I just can't help it.

Spooky has improved after each game though. Halloween was a huge improvement on parts and layout, but the game kept resetting and other things in the game kept happening that shouldn't have because of the unreliable code and imperfect/unfinished code. I didn't buy that one but I was close. If the code had ever improved, I'd be all over it.

So I'm hoping for a game where it doesn't reset in the middle of gameplay. That's it. Every Spooky game I've ever had has done this, and not once or twice but dozens of times. A 40+ minute video does give me hope. Does anybody remember that R&M reveal? Nobody hit the left ramp the whole time, and there were rejects on the loop. That was concerning.

Nothing in this video was concerning. This is leaps and bounds better already. Spooky may have nailed this one. It's too soon to tell, but so far, so good.

#5288 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Just finished watching. Stoked to get #72.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

#89 is right around the corner now!

Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

Super excited to receive #111.

Quoted from RikeIsland:

Looking forward to getting #152.

Quoted from myterp:

#169 can’t come fast enough.

I have #614 and I'm trying hard not to resent all of you guys with such low numbers. I received my emailed receipt from PayPal 29 seconds after orders opened at 10 AM and the only thing I did wrong was buy through a distributor instead of direct from Spooky.

Quoted from blastbeat:

Watched this morning. All it did was make me sad because I'm #711.

Quoted from Mdanielb:

I am #712 and after watching, the wait just got a bit harder.

You two guys didn't make me feel any better. I'm just sad for both of you too now.

#5289 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Reveal video is the best in Spooky history by far. Game looks amazing. You guys nailed it. The team should be proud.

As someone who has owned 3 Spooky games, two NIB, I can't agree with this. I've had issues with each one, parts seemed cheap, code was terrible, etc. R&M was a nightmare for on-location. It broke so many times and was so clunky that nobody played it. Maybe you've had better luck and that's why you disagree with me, and if so good for you! The only reason I keep coming back for more is because of their customer service and family atmosphere. I gotta support these guys, I just can't help it.
Spooky has improved after each game though. Halloween was a huge improvement on parts and layout, but the game kept resetting and other things in the game kept happening that shouldn't have because of the unreliable code and imperfect/unfinished code. I didn't buy that one but I was close. If the code had ever improved, I'd be all over it.
So I'm hoping for a game where it doesn't reset in the middle of gameplay. That's it. Every Spooky game I've ever had has done this, and not once or twice but dozens of times. A 40+ minute video does give me hope. Does anybody remember that R&M reveal? Nobody hit the left ramp the whole time, and there were rejects on the loop. That was concerning.
Nothing in this video was concerning. This is leaps and bounds better already. Spooky may have nailed this one. It's too soon to tell, but so far, so good.

I do NOT mean this as a slam or a slant on Spooky whatsoever.

I just don't think anyone should blindly put their games on route. For one, they are boutique machines. Many are limited and as such, replacement parts can simply be harder to source. Keep in mind that while the Spooky team swings for the fences and works hard, they are a smaller core compared to other companies. Some parts will indeed feel inadequate, flimsy and/or unfamiliar. Even the sturdiest of pins old and young can have anything break or snap with the touch of a flipper button or a hard nudge. I watched someone break the MechaGodzilla plastic on a pro brand new out of the box during the 3rd game. I watched the right flipper on Aliens break new out of the box within 5 games. Shit happens, it's just part of pinball.

Also, IMO Spooky games ooze atmosphere. That is simply LOST when placed on location most of the time. I feel their games are perfect for home use, in the hands of at least a somewhat seasoned pinball owner. Their customer service is excellent and everyone I have spoken to there has been beyond friendly and helpful. You can simply see the strides and progression the team has made from game #1 all the way to Scooby. I'm a pinball geek, as we all are here on Pinside. I cheer for 80% of anything in this hobby, including Spooky.

#5290 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I just don't think anyone should blindly put their games on route. For one, they are boutique machines. Many are limited and as such, replacement parts can simply me harder to source. Keep in mind that while the Spooky team swings for the fences and works hard, they are a smaller core compared to other companies. Some parts will indeed feel inadequate, flimsy and/or unfamiliar. Even the sturdiest of pins old and young can have anything break or snap with the touch of a flipper button or a hard nudge. I watched someone break the MechaGodzilla plastic on a pro brand new out of the box during the 3rd game. I watched the right flipper on Aliens break new out of the box within 5 games. Shit happens, it's just part of pinball.
Also, IMO Spooky games ooze atmosphere. That is simply LOST when placed on location most of the time. I feel their games are perfect for home use, in the hands of at least a somewhat seasoned pinball owner. Their customer service is excellent and everyone I have spoken to there has been beyond friendly and helpful. You can simply see the strides and progression the team has made from game #1 all the way to Scooby. I'm a pinball geek, as we all are here on Pinside. I cheer for 80% of anything in this hobby, including Spooky.

This is the most inane post I’ve read all year. Why do you care if somebody puts it on route or not. Let people do what they want with the pin. I think the more on location the better, more people will hear of Spooky and they will grow. You know what there are no P3 pins on location that I can play so I’ve never played one and never felt like I can buy one without playing it first. Consequently when a new game is released on P3 they don’t get talked about, they just disappear down a rabbit hole, they made a cool vampire pin and it has like 80 posts in the thread.

There are two TBL that are close to me on route, also Elvira LE and PotC CE by your logic that is not supposed to be a good thing.

#5291 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I kind of want ultra man this morning. Haha. I feel like it will help with my scooby fix. Anyone want to give one up for cheap?
Going to go play some R&M and RZ now

I have a standard for 6500 or a couple collectors for 9000. New in the box and ready to ship.

#5292 1 year ago

My Halloween was a TANK on location, I only ever had to adjust the drops once and I opted to switch to metal gear servos. It earned like CRAZY. Scooby will go to my location right away. It will ANNIHILATE wallets, blow minds AND bring new people into the hobby. This was a complete no brainer for me.

Quoted from Merendino:

I do NOT mean this as a slam or a slant on Spooky whatsoever.
I just don't think anyone should blindly put their games on route. For one, they are boutique machines. Many are limited and as such, replacement parts can simply be harder to source. Keep in mind that while the Spooky team swings for the fences and works hard, they are a smaller core compared to other companies. Some parts will indeed feel inadequate, flimsy and/or unfamiliar. Even the sturdiest of pins old and young can have anything break or snap with the touch of a flipper button or a hard nudge. I watched someone break the MechaGodzilla plastic on a pro brand new out of the box during the 3rd game. I watched the right flipper on Aliens break new out of the box within 5 games. Shit happens, it's just part of pinball.

#5293 1 year ago

I had my wife watch part of the gameplay from last night. I have to say for the first my wife looked excited for a new Pin. She would try not to smile while watching the video but when the bookcase flipper was being used she couldn’t help herself but to smile.
Game looks really fun. I will proudly put this next to my Ultraman.

#5294 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Btw checkout The Pinball Awards tonight at 9 EST apparently there’s some spooky swag giveaways.

Does anyone know how to sign up to register for the live free giveaways for the awards? No football playoff today so going to give the awards show a try. Haha.

#5295 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It is on the easier side of the median, but keep in mind the outlanes we're in the easiest position. There will also be easy, medium, and Zoinks! settings in the menu.

than please, next stream, could you set the pin (much) harder ?
not with the code (which as lot of us i feel nice as it), but with the outlanes

tanx

#5296 1 year ago

Wow! What a great showing. Having the choice of characters with tailored callouts is a great feature.
I may have missed it but if each character had slightly different progressions in gameplay that would be cool too.

#5297 1 year ago

Your Halloween is no longer on location?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My Halloween was a TANK on location, I only ever had to adjust the drops once and I opted to switch to metal gear servos. It earned like CRAZY. Scooby will go to my location right away. It will ANNIHILATE wallets, blow minds AND bring new people into the hobby. This was a complete no brainer for me.

#5298 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Does anyone know how to sign up to register for the live free giveaways for the awards? No football playoff today so going to give the awards show a try. Haha.

I believe they said just participating in chat makes you eligible.

#5299 1 year ago

Looks awesome. Can't wait. Spooky hit of a blast to deep left, that ball really ricocheted off on the new American Family sign. It's too bad they weren't playing at Wrigley. Pinside, there has to be more than another way to say, 'hell of a job'.

#5300 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I believe they said just participating in chat makes you eligible.

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it! Free stuff is always great! Especially spooky swag.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.