20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 130.
#5701 1 year ago

I decided to upgrade my standard number 1930 to a CE number 621. I normally buy the base model(especially if the game doesn’t have gameplay differences)but for some reason SD just got me to pull the trigger. So now I await SD 621 to land in So Cal.

#5702 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Speaking of numbers, has anyone spotted any number plaques in the game? I can’t seem to notice any in any of the games photos.

I don't have any pictures on me, but I designed to look like a license plate for the Mystery Machine. Your license plate number will be CE-XXXX. Your expiration stickers are the original air date of the series.

#5703 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I designed to look like a license plate for the Mystery Machine. Your license plate number will be CE-XXXX. You're expiration stickers are the original air date of the series.

That's a very cool idea .

#5704 1 year ago

Anyone seen or herd of any pictures pertaining to the bloodsucker edition yet….?

#5705 1 year ago

Deleted

#5706 1 year ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Thank you. But is there any information about the package dimension, i.e. measurement length x width x height?

Box is 31x31x62 Per pinballstar

#5707 1 year ago

We're so hyped and this is our first machine ever and my dream theme. What an amazing one to start with - it will never leave. I saw someone post that they were 1102. I got in right before you with spooky at 1101! I'm guessing fall to this time next year!

#5708 1 year ago

Thank you for the information. So I'm afraid I'll have to completely disassemble SD as well to achieve the goal (Topper off, Backbox off, Playfield out)…

#5709 1 year ago

DrBernd

Quoted from DrBernd:

I need to find out if it's possible to get the entire package inside the house and through a narrow hallway and two small doors to its final unpacking location. Not much room to maneuver and no way to unpack outside the house.

What I did for my Halloween is to take out the pallet and the box outside on the porch and bring it up to a second floor with the help of the Fedex guy since I was alone (yeah I gifted him a little $, but that was his idea!). The machine itself is already wrapped and protected and should be able to go trough a normal door without any problem.

I live on the second floor of an old apartment and there is a 90 degree turn before the final stairs. I usually have bigger friend than me to help since I am not tall but it went well with the Halloween pin. I guess that Scooby being a wide body will be a little more heavy but wide body or not if the head of a standard pass trough the door, it should not be that more painful. An appliance dolly can always be your friend. Gottlieb System 3 that I owned before were heavier but I never had to take out the doors.

But keeping the box on will surely be a different story, it could not go trough the door in my case and I tried ;o)

Cheers,

Chris

#5710 1 year ago

And if you are really able to unpack it outside or in the delivery truck (seems implausible) and it pass trough the door just slide the box without the pallet; head up if horizontally!

#5711 1 year ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Thank you for the information. So I'm afraid I'll have to completely disassemble SD as well to achieve the goal (Topper off, Backbox off, Playfield out)…

Be prepared to have to cut cables and add connectors if you are doing a full playfield out and head off job. I and others had to do this with Halloween/ultraman in a few places. It seems some of the power cabling (12v feeds) are not always thought about in disassembly terms. You can search in the ultraman thread for what I needed to do etc

#5712 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Be prepared to have to cut cables and add connectors if you are doing a full playfield out and head off job. I and others had to do this with Halloween/ultraman in a few places. It seems some of the power cabling (12v feeds) are not always thought about in disassembly terms. You can search in the ultraman thread for what I needed to do etc

I really, REALLY hope Spooky has rethought their power supply connections starting with Scooby. Stern has Molex 03-09-1030/03-09-2032 connector pairs on the 120V input side that lets you completely remove the power supply by just unplugging them and one other molex connector to the power distribution board.

NOT having this easy to work with setup on Spooky pins a a total drag if you change out the fan. We're talking literally a buck or so to do it correctly in the kind of pin quantity Spooky is making now. Hardwiring stuff to the cabinet in general (boards, accessories, etc) with no way to easily remove it needs to be moved into the 21st century with a more thoughtful, service-friendly approach.

So, fingers crossed I'm pleasantly surprised on my Scooby CE.

#5713 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I really, REALLY hope Spooky has rethought their power supply connections starting with Scooby. Stern has Molex 03-09-1030/03-09-2032 connector pairs on the 120V input side that lets you completely remove the power supply by just unplugging them and one other molex connector to the power distribution board.
NOT having this easy to work with setup on Spooky pins a a total drag if you change out the fan. We're talking literally a buck or so to do it correctly in the kind of pin quantity Spooky is making now. Hardwiring stuff to the cabinet in general (boards, accessories, etc) with no way to easily remove it needs to be moved into the 21st century with a more thoughtful, service-friendly approach.
So, fingers crossed I'm pleasantly surprised on my Scooby CE.

On the fan note, how noisy do Spooky fans tend to be?

Also (and I know you sell fans so no knock just added info for people) if the fan is noisy I’ve opted to run a “booster” fan rather than cracking the power supply on my GZ. Worked 100% based off a 3D print and a Noctua PWM fan. Dead silent, especially with lower RPM connectors used. May be a better solution if Scooby needs surgery.

#5714 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

On the fan note, how noisy do Spooky fans tend to be?
Also (and I know you sell fans so no knock just added info for people) if the fan is noisy I’ve opted to run a “booster” fan rather than cracking the power supply on my GZ. Worked 100% based off a 3D print and a Noctua PWM fan. Dead silent, especially with lower RPM connectors used. May be a better solution if Scooby needs surgery.

In Rick and Morty and prior Spooky releases the power supply fans are very loud and always on. Those machines use Meanwell's SE-600-48. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner in the other room, and because it's always on (no thermal switch) it's way worse than Spike, IMO.

Halloween/Ultraman are a small step in the right direction using an (overpowered, IMO) HRP-600-48 that has a thermal switched fan that runs almost exactly like the one in the Spike machines where it comes on when it hits 122F and runs until it falls to a minimum temp threshold again. Unfortunately, like Stern, the fan is really loud. It's more TOLERABLE because it doesn't run all the time, but when Spooky said the fan was quieter I have to think they were averaging the sound when it wasn't on with when it was on to fudge that statement, because it's still undeniably loud when it comes on.

For Scooby, I don't know. Don't have one yet. I'll be checking that out first thing when I get mine.

As far as external fans with external power tagged on to the power supplies, I'm not a...fan. I prefer a clean all-in-one factory look, just without the droning factory sound. But I'm not saying you can't enjoy your external setup - it's your machine. And I'm not anti-DIY for the fans. In fact, the way I fell into doing fans was I started with a DIY thread showing people how to mod their machines and the parts, etc to do it. The vast majority of people preferred to have a kit with some instructions so they didn't have to crimp connectors and cut wire, etc, so I ended up making kits. But just because I sell an all in one, super easy solution doesn't mean I'm not going to offer advice for DIY'ers. I still pop in to my original thread when people have questions about their DIY power supply fan solution.

That said, on Spooky machines it might be tough to DIY an external solution like you're talking about on Spike because Spooky jams the power supply up near the back of the cab so there's not much clearance at all (see pic below of the clearance in the one for Halloween/Ultraman) and you'd have to rig up some kind of hard right angle tuba to make an external solution work. Will it be the same on Scooby? Dunno. We'll find out together.

hrp-600-48-closeup (resized).jpghrp-600-48-closeup (resized).jpg

#5715 1 year ago

I have one of those situations where the playfield and head will have to be removed to get it upstairs.

Spooky, is there anyway that you could please make the parts detachable? I have had no problems with my JJP pins, but now I am worried. Even as an upgrade with a cost, I would be interested. I am CE 1208 if that helps. Thank you.

#5716 1 year ago

Okay, I can see having to remove the head from a game to move it but why in the world would you need to pull out the playfield?

#5717 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Okay, I can see having to remove the head from a game to move it but why in the world would you need to pull out the playfield?

Sounds like they need friends in low places.

#5718 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

A tight turn up steps that requires you to drop the dolly and lift the machine by hand in a vertical position. I’m in that situation and there is no other way. With the playfield in it is just too heavy and awkward

#5719 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

A tight turn up steps that requires you to drop the dolly and lift the machine by hand in a vertical position. I’m in that situation and there is no other way. With the playfield in it is just too heavy and awkward

Bingo. It is just not doable with a wide-body on a tight turn near the top of the stairs. Plus, I have wood stairs that don't have the protection of carpet on a turn.

#5720 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like they need friends in low places.

I had a friend that deadlifted my WOZ up the stairs once ... once.

#5721 1 year ago

I’m #212 CE through PinballStar looking to swap for #322?

#5722 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Why 322? Just curious

#5723 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Work smarter not harder. I suggest getting 2-3 people to help you carry the game if you can’t take the playfield out.

#5724 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Why 322? Just curious

Some people simply have #s that they like. I like 237 - nothing significant really, just the number of the first LE that I owned.

#5725 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Why 322? Just curious

Wedding anniversary!
March 22.
Already have a couple JJP with that number.

#5726 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Wedding anniversary!
March 22.

Actually lucky enough to have a wife who loves pinball as much as me!

#5727 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Work smarter not harder. I suggest getting 2-3 people to help you carry the game if you can’t take the playfield out.

I appreciate the suggestion, but there is not enough width on the stairway for two people (much less three) and a pinball machine. Trust me, I have moved six or so machines upstairs, some partially deconstructed, some not. It is not feasible in the available space with a widebody pin.

There is not even enough space to turn a vertically-oriented pin on the landing.

#5728 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Wedding anniversary!
March 22.

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Actually lucky enough to have a wife who loves pinball as much as me!

Cool!! Just curious as I'm number 312 through PinballStar

#5729 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Wedding anniversary!
March 22.

That’s my wife’s birthday

#5730 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I appreciate the suggestion, but there is not enough width on the stairway for two people (much less three) and a pinball machine. Trust me, I have moved six or so machines upstairs, some partially deconstructed, some not. It is not feasible in the available space with a widebody pin.
There is not even enough space to turn a vertically-oriented pin on the landing.

Yuck!

Sounds like a winch system is in order.

#5731 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

He died in the process?

#5732 1 year ago

I know it may seem expensive for only an occasional use but it is cheap compared to back surgery. I bought one of these after seeing it on the Bond thread. It is amazing! All of my games are on the second floor of my home and I have always dreaded the thought of having to move them. But with this machine I was able to move my JJP Dialed In downstairs and my Bond LE back upstairs single handedly. Just something to think about.

Electric Stair Climbing Hand Trucks Dolly Cart for Moving 441lb Capacity Heavy Duty Folding Stair Climber Cart Hand Trolley with 6 Wheels Motor Battery Powered
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099S16WY5

61MZoMI6CBL._AC_SX522_ (resized).jpg61MZoMI6CBL._AC_SX522_ (resized).jpg
#5733 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

He died in the process?

He swore he wouldn't do it again, but he was amazingly strong too. We originally tried it with two people, but they couldn't fit side-by-side and lift. He just said "Let me do it" ... and he did. Not the whole distance in one lift though.

#5734 1 year ago

I've been able to move all my pins easily by taking the head off and playfield out, but I am not confident if I have to cut and add connections to wires. I may have to do some research on the best way to do that if Spooky can't help. I do appreciate all the advice though.

#5735 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

He swore he wouldn't do it again, but he was amazingly strong too. We originally tried it with two people, but they couldn't fit side-by-side and lift. He just said "Let me do it" ... and he did. Not the whole distance in one lift though.

Was your mate called Bruce Banner

#5736 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

that's going to cost you !

happy wife , happy life

#5737 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I know it may seem expensive for only an occasional use but it is cheap compared to back surgery. I bought one of these after seeing it on the Bond thread. It is amazing! All of my games are on the second floor of my home and I have always dreaded the thought of having to move them. But with this machine I was able to move my JJP Dialed In downstairs and my Bond LE back upstairs single handedly. Just something to think about.
Electric Stair Climbing Hand Trucks Dolly Cart for Moving 441lb Capacity Heavy Duty Folding Stair Climber Cart Hand Trolley with 6 Wheels Motor Battery Powered
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Does it hurt the stair treads at all? I have all wooden treads and if it dings them all up, my wife might kill me. But, if it doesn't, my friends will all be very happy not to have to move another pin into my house (and I have three pins I'm waiting on)!

#5738 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

that's going to cost you !
happy wife , happy life

You got that right!!!
Look at my collection,all wife/kid friendly.Except Halloween is for me.

#5739 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

friends will all be very happy not to have to move another pin into my house (and I have three pins I'm waiting on)!

get movers save a friends back !

#5740 1 year ago

Someone mentioned that Pinball Star will allow people to switch numbers w no fee? If that is correct, I've got CE #815 with Pinball Star. I would love to move up if anyone wants to move down. Please message me. Thanks!

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Oh man, that reminds me of my first pinball purchase. I had no idea what I was doing and show up totally unprepared. I'm there to pickup a Jurassic Park (DE), X-Men (Arcade), and Street Fighter EX (Arcade). The machines are in his basement, and to make things worse, the stairs are those exterior type stairs that are basically a cross between stairs and a ladder. It's just myself and my wife. Right away, I'm thinking..."No way. We might as well just turn around and head home." Thankfully, the seller happened to be build like one of those guys seen on "The World's Strongest Man" competitions. You know, those shows where they just move awkward-heavy stuff around. It honestly looked like this might have been part of his training. Pretty much single handedly the guy picks up the machines, lifts them out of his basement, and into my trailer. At one point, I though the stairs were going to break. That was my strange first experience with moving pinball machines.

#5742 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I don’t think anyone on this forum has claimed 322. However, it looks like 322 is through King Pin. Might be worth reaching out to them to see if their buyer might want to move up to 212.

#5743 1 year ago

Are you looking specifically for #322, because if not I have #301 that I would be interested in moving up to get my Scooby Doo earlier.

Quoted from Wariodolby:

#5744 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

This is great information. So much cheaper than an escalara. Has anyone else used this?

#5745 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Does it hurt the stair treads at all? I have all wooden treads and if it dings them all up, my wife might kill me. But, if it doesn't, my friends will all be very happy not to have to move another pin into my house (and I have three pins I'm waiting on)!

No problem with the treads. The tracks and casters are rubber and best of all, if you stop midway the unit stays in place as the tracks act like a break. Movement is controlled by 'up' and 'down' buttons and it doesn't move if a button is not depressed.

#5746 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Okay, Curious...the base/platform is up too high, so How do you slide a machine on it unlike the Escalera that has a slim base like a furniture dolly?

#5747 1 year ago

I’ve always gotten great service from Melissa at Cointaker.com. I even got a surprise Christmas present this year!

#5748 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Okay, Curious...the base/platform is up too high, so How do you slide a machine on it unlike the Escalera that has a slim base like a furniture dolly?

Yes can you please explain?

#5749 1 year ago
Quoted from HepperSchepp:

Box is 31x31x62 Per pinballstar

Thanks for this. Anyone know the dimensions of the machine too? I was able to get a CG Medieval Madness in the basement, but it was a tight squeeze on the sides.

#5750 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I've wondered this since they did the announcement video for that product about a year ago, they show it go up and down stairs and all sorts of details but never cover this one, very important, question.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Severedmods
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carnation, WA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.