(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 7 years ago

Found the source of the purple water:

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Will the beer girls be in there?

Oh now that is a superb idea.

#141 7 years ago

Oh my God WOOOW! Is he coming to Pintastic too?

4 months later
    #856 6 years ago

Might not be a bad idea to find a person with a 3D printer and get it printed quickly.

#860 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think I know anyone locally with a 3D printer.
    Besides, this part gets put under a lot of stress. I'm not sure that a consumer grade 3D print would hold up.
    In any case, for a long-term solution, I would go with what PBResource has available. It's just that since they aren't open this week, I didn't have that option before this week's show happens.

https://www.theupsstore.com/print/3d-printing/netfabb-locations

There is also this: https://www.3dhubs.com/ The material they use can be nylon to fiber reinforced nylon. That stuff is like carbon fibre.

#1145 6 years ago

Hi! I'm the guy that was taping the panels with the camcorder on the far left. I'm currently putting them in the editor (not much to edit at all) and they will be on Youtube soon. They are going to be in 1080p much like my previous Pintastic panels (there is a Heighway panel in the Pintastic '15 playlist): https://www.youtube.com/user/hool10/playlists The only panel in which you cannot see as of right now is the Zombie Yeti panel. Yeti and I have to find out from Stern if that stuff was under an NDA because I don't want to see myself caught up in legal trouble nor does Yeti! It's a great panel though with Zidware sketches, GB line art, and was a funny panel with great jokes.

-hool10

#1293 6 years ago

Hey folks, no I have not forgotten about the panels. I have been rendering and uploading the panels since Sunday in fact. I only have 5MB/S available for upload so those big 13GB files to Youtube take a bit of time. The good news is Zombie Yeti, History of pinball, and David Thiel panels have been uploaded to my Google drive and they have those files so now my internet can focus solely on Youtube. I am currently uploading Barry Oursler panel but in the meantime you can view the Jersey Jack panel:

Keep checking the playlist as I upload more of the panels.

Gabe once again you have put on an outstanding show. I recently bought (more like rescued) the BSD from Pinball Wizard Arcade. I had planned on taking it apart and then deciding on the color scheme but I had to do it on the show floor and used Gabes BSD as a reference. I'm going with a purple/red theme. Painting the graveyard with some UV paint and getting a UV light on it too. Anyways I bought a PinGraffix decal for the inside. I think it's for Monster Bash as it has people carrying torches and pitchforks but my theory is the mob is trying to storm Dracula's castle and the vendor said somebody else had my idea as well. Silverjet balls, red lighted flipper buttons, red feet pin cushions, translucent leg cab protectors so I can light them up red, all the Titan rubbers, plastic decal protectors in dark orange. I just need LED's now and I plan on going with Comet Universal Kit. It should rival Gabes I hope at the next Pintastic.

A few suggestions are to write show rules or tips on the back of the badges. Also print the names on the Super Pass badges AND the day the pass is good for. I hope nobody wiped off the magic marker and put their friends name on it (my dad and I got Super Passes). A good example is PAX East badges that even have holograms/UV light tricks built into those fancy $58 a badge day passes: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YlVVeuc5pqM/maxresdefault.jpg Put a large LCD tv at the competition area for the audience. I really, really liked the VIP room. Possibly streaming the panels at the next Pintastic or have somebody to help me. This is entirely dependent upon the computer hardware, looooong USB cables, and the hotel internet. I wasn't sure about the internet this year and it's why I went with a camcorder again. It really irks me when panels or expo's are never recorded because it's history and 5 years from now or even a month from now you may want to see the first unveiling of say, Dialed In. The only footage is from Steve Bowden taken on his cell phone and it's looooong gone by now. You love seeing old footage of the Williams factory floor or an old expo showing off a prototype game but that is because somebody brought their bulky VCR camcorder with them. So what I didn't go to Allentown or the Texas Pinball Festival? We have HD webcams and the internet!

Finally here are the pictures I took: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10158985855730506.1073741858.665955505&type=1&l=b3772c5f78

#1305 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

You need a good tripod, lol. I can bring a HD recorder as well if you want an alternate angle if you are motivated enough to edit them together.

What I plan on doing for next year is getting a long extension cord, some very long USB cables and using my laptop with the 2 Logitech C270 webcams I have. I am going to the STOMP tourney this Sat and I hope Tim Sexton will be there. There are a few people around here that stream so I can ask them a bit on stream settings, etc. Major bonus if I can figure out a way to get a feed of the projector into the stream. I think I might need a capture card for that and that may require my desktop computer. Then I don't have to edit anything and I just have to upload the videos to Youtube.

#1419 6 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLroLIlOsf9u5Yhk_RsUMBu4T1QJ6GIS0o Four panels now up with some still processing on Youtbue after it's uploaded. Per the wishes of Jeremy "Zombie Yeti" Packer, I will not be putting his panel onto the internet.

#1426 6 years ago

A DJ instead of Pintastic girls perhaps? I got a friend who has like 8 pinball machines in his condo and he is a DJ. He could DJ, earn some cash, and attend Pintastic. Sounds like a win-win to me.

#1434 6 years ago

I'm just saying a bunch of middle aged men bringing their wives along probably don't want to take pictures with 2 lovely ladies. They wonder why Pinball can't attract more women, maybe it's because we make a beeline for the games!

Thinking about it though, I think I remember a band playing. I left early because I didn't have a hotel that year. Maybe an actual DJ is what we need and not an actual band. Get some party music playing and turn out the lights. Just no "Pinball Wizard" please.

#1465 6 years ago

Ok the last Pintastic video is uploading. That would be Eric Stones panel. The stand I have has this plastic collar and it broke (surprise) and it somewhat made the thing super stiff to move so I ditched it after that panel. I got a new tripod from the flea market and it's much better.

Eric did a pretty good tutorial on how to play better despite the hiccups. Even won the Silverball tourney so he definitely knows what he is doing. The playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLroLIlOsf9u5Yhk_RsUMBu4T1QJ6GIS0o

#1469 6 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see there Eric Stones video.

Check it again. Should I remove my David Thiel panel so when people search for it, they find Daves and not mine? Dave has the actual sound effects, etc in his version and I feel like I'm sort of stealing his work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=hool10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.