75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 30.
#701 2 years ago

So when will LEs hit the line?

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Dang it Stern! I went from…never thinking I’d own a modern pin, to what looks like will be my 3rd in less than a year.
Bought AIQ premium in June, Stranger Things Pro in August, and now I’m in on the second run of Godzilla Premium set for early 2022.
I can’t afford this stuff. HELP!
I promise. This is the last one for a while! Yeah! I promise!!!! I PROMMMMIIIISE!!!!

Just sell one to fund another

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

No bearing on others but my distro said 3-5 weeks for my GZ LE

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

1st week of October

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

True but it is Stern's job to protect their assets. Stern and licensors are not going to be happy if all their games show up on location with unauthorized code, animations, and music. Location games earn money and that is the key.

If no one is making money off of the code mods and the games are not being sold as new with a markup because of having new code, I don’t understand wtf does stern care or the IP?

No one is profiting off of anyone except stern. How many sales has cleland helped with Guardians and Stranger Things? Screw Stern.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Just sell one to fund another

That thought occurred. I just can’t right now. I’d miss em. I’m not all crazy though. I did sell my previous 3 pin collection to fund and get into the Modern Sterns. My plan was to sell 3 to get 2 Sterns and that plan worked. I’m just going a little overboard now, with wanting Godzilla. I mean I don’t hate the idea of having 3 haha… maybe If I loose complete interest in AIQ after getting Godzilla, it’ll have to go. I already play Stranger Things a lot more. I love AIQ, it’s just a love/hate relationship. I’ve yet to get the purple gem since acquiring the topper. Not sure if I ever got it. Anywho. Can’t wait for these to start rolling out on location so we can all try it out!

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If no one is making money off of the code mods and the games are not being sold as new with a markup because of having new code, I don’t understand wtf does stern care or the IP?
No one is profiting off of anyone except stern. How many sales has cleland helped with Guardians and Stranger Things? Screw Stern.

I suppose the license holders would be upset

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

That thought occurred. I just can’t right now. I’d miss em. Plus I don’t hate the idea of having 3 haha. If I loose complete interest in AIQ after getting Godzilla, then maybe it’ll have to go. I already play Stranger Things a lot more. I love AIQ, it’s just a love/hate relationship. I’ve yet to get the purple gem since acquiring the topper. Haha.

Yeah it’s definitely hard to let one go. I’m letting go of one to get GZ. Hope I’m making a wise choice

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Anyone else like to NOT watch too much of a reveal or gameplay before actually spending time on the game?
Godzilla looks fantastic to me, but I want to learn it on my own and then watch video if I want...

That is how we have done almost every new Stern for the last 10 years. Buy it, play it, and enjoy it. I love the look of Godzilla and I cannot wait to have a go.

JJP Gunners on the other hand, I will admit I have been watching streams of game play. All my pinball friends keep telling me how much they love the game. Waiting so long to get it an Australia is pretty frustrating.

#710 2 years ago

Anyone know if they saw Hedorah in the game? I watched the reveal stream but didn’t see him. Maybe in a future code stream?

DB6C47EA-EDEF-45E8-AD74-94CCA831A894 (resized).jpegDB6C47EA-EDEF-45E8-AD74-94CCA831A894 (resized).jpeg

#711 2 years ago

Because if the IP is altered, they may have a tougher time securing future IPs.
It's not rocket science. Stern doesn't want to piss off either the IP holders or their own customers but when the altered software is seen in public, things become awkward.
Not sure why so many people take every opportunity to throw stones at Stern. Gather information and try to understand both sides, instead of placing blame immediately.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone know if they saw Hedorah in the game? I watched the reveal stream but didn’t see him. Maybe in a future code stream?
[quoted image]

Didn't see Ghidorah either... I'm sure they will be in new code or unlockable as it looked like some monster foes were locked.

#713 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image]

He’s featured on the playfield, so I’m guessing he’s included in the code.

Quoted from awesome1:

Didn't see Ghidorah either...

Ghidorah was in the reveal, but as part of a “tag team” battle with four monsters. No clue if Ghidorah also appears alone, but let’s hope so.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

not sure what the aggression is for - but no you didn't hack the code and I never meant that - apologies. Someone hacked code that in my view should never have been hackable. I would be amazed if the new code stern puts out is changeable in the way the previous code has been.
With regards to the other things about stern making changes to your game, xbox, playstation, even your phone is online and gets updates but in every case you can say no, the same will be true for this but if you say no, you will still be able to play but you won't be able to do stuff online. However, Microsoft have proven that they have a right to remove service if they believe you are trying to circumvent their platform and the T&Cs notify you of that.
I think stern will continue to ship code updates via their website because lots of people won't have games online and often games don't ship with all the features promised at launch and they come later.

No worries. Lets just hope these ridiculous price increases are primarily because Stern is going to use the money to start getting full licenses instead of a lot of the half baked licenses we've seen often in recent years. That would alleviate most of the concerns around people tweaking and trying to do their own code.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Dang it Stern! I went from…never thinking I’d own a modern pin, to what looks like will be my 3rd in less than a year.
Bought AIQ premium in June, Stranger Things Pro in August, and now I’m in on the second run of Godzilla Premium set for early 2022.
I can’t afford this stuff. HELP!
I promise. This is the last one for a while! Yeah! I promise!!!! I PROMMMMIIIISE!!!!

For me it is I don't have the space for the stuff. Anyone in California area who wants to buy my AIQ please see ad here in Pinside.

It is tough stopping at only "one machine" but we all knew that, right? Hope you are kidding about not being able to afford the machines. If so, I respectfully suggest you try to cut back since it isn't worth spending mortgage, car payment, utility bills or bread and egg money on pinball machines. Godzilla will be roaring around for a long time and there is always later to get a machine.

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

For me it is I don't have the space for the stuff. Anyone in California area who wants to buy my AIQ please see ad here in Pinside.
It is tough stopping at only "one machine" but we all knew that, right? Hope you are kidding about not being able to afford the machines. If so, I respectfully suggest you try to cut back since it isn't worth spending mortgage, car payment, utility bills or bread and egg money on pinball machines. Godzilla will be roaring around for a long time and there is always later to get a machine.

Of course I’m kidding. I wouldn’t go hungry for pinball. Lol. It’s more I don’t need this, but want this type of scenario. I’ve had a few pins over my 9-10 years in the hobby. I’ve always been able to get in and out of it without looking back.
Just super stoked for this pin! I’ve never watched a full stream but couldn’t stop watching this one. Crazy. I liked Godzilla as a kid, and used to pretend to be Godzilla, and my Brother was Kong. I never thought much else about it growing up, and never even seen the one starring Matthew Broderick. I didn’t think I’d have interest in this pin, but man it looked so awesome! You do have a good point. It will be around a few years. I’m just on the list right now, and when my number is called I can give up my spot if some unforeseen expenses come up. Hehe

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Elvira House of Horrors had multiple film characters on the translite that aren't in the game so who knows.

#718 2 years ago

The official trailer says 'Can Godzilla Save the Earth'.

I can only hope this catchy tune from Godzilla vs The Smog Monster (Hedorah) is incorporated somehow...maybe final wizard mode?

"SAVE THE EARTH...see the evil problem around us.....SAVE THE EARTH....the solution stop pollution...SAVE THE EARTH"."

The Japanese hippies sell it.

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

I can only hope this catchy tune is from Godzilla vs The Smog Monster (Hedora) is incorporated somehow...maybe final wizard mode?

Catchy indeed. Love it. Agree - Needs to be in the game somewhere.

#720 2 years ago

In which part of the gameplay can the movement of the bridge be seen?

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

In which part of the gameplay can the movement of the bridge be seen?

It was sporatic and through out the video. It did break at one point, but it was close to the end, only for a few seconds, and the 2nd cam wasnt anywhere where you could see it broken easily. 1:39:13ish is when the actual bridge attack MB happens.

#722 2 years ago

I just got this mod for my MM and think something like this will be perfect for the Godzilla figure. The flame lights up with an LED, a similar thing in blue would be a big improvement

688E55FD-60FD-40CC-B654-E266E72832EC (resized).jpeg688E55FD-60FD-40CC-B654-E266E72832EC (resized).jpeg
#723 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Fue esporádico y a lo largo del video. Se rompió en un punto, pero estuvo cerca del final, solo por unos segundos, y la segunda cámara no estaba en ningún lugar donde se pudiera ver que se rompía fácilmente. 1: 39: 13ish es cuando ocurre el MB de ataque de puente real .

THX!!!! 2 hour the videogame and only one bridge multiball!!

#724 2 years ago

I can only hope this catchy tune from Godzilla vs The Smog Monster (Hedorah) is incorporated somehow...maybe final wizard mode?
"SAVE THE EARTH...see the evil problem around us.....SAVE THE EARTH....the solution stop pollution...SAVE THE EARTH"."

I hope not LOL

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Because if the IP is altered, they may have a tougher time securing future IPs.
It's not rocket science. Stern doesn't want to piss off either the IP holders or their own customers but when the altered software is seen in public, things become awkward.
Not sure why so many people take every opportunity to throw stones at Stern. Gather information and try to understand both sides, instead of placing blame immediately.

Guardians and Walking Dead are un-ownable without the Cleland mod - plain and simple. If you cannot get the proper assets to make the game the right way move on to the next project......Or don't complain when someone in the pin community makes your product better and to this day I believe Stern is still producing new in box Guardian pins (which there would be no reason to without Cleland cause no one would be buying)

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

THX!!!! 2 hour the videogame and only one bridge multiball!!

They kept blowing it off by saying Keith set it to extra hard, but there was clearly a reason he did that. You do not just ignore a major selling point of the game for no reason. I'm guessing there was either something wrong with the mech or code for it that they didn't want it to be seen. It seemed to work the one time they hit it, but really, there is no reason you wouldn't want to make a big focus on one of the huge features of the prem/LE unless something wasn't quite ready to show yet. Whatever it is, I'm sure they will get it fixed up and ready once they are shipping, but I'm not buying the "we set it hard" excuse.

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

They kept blowing it off by saying Keith set it to extra hard, but there was clearly a reason he did that. You do not just ignore a major selling point of the game for no reason. I'm guessing there was either something wrong with the mech or code for it that they didn't want it to be seen. It seemed to work the one time they hit it, but really, there is no reason you wouldn't want to make a big focus on one of the huge features of the prem/LE unless something wasn't quite ready to show yet. Whatever it is, I'm sure they will get it fixed up and ready once they are shipping, but I'm not buying the "we set it hard" excuse.

I was thinking the same thing there was also a point where Keith just walked out wonder if he was about to trigger something.

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Already in denial …

#729 2 years ago

My distributor said he bets Godzilla le will be done week 1 of October. Hopefully… Can’t wait.

Said long while for mando toppers so that sucks.

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Guardians and Walking Dead are un-ownable without the Cleland mod - plain and simple. If you cannot get the proper assets to make the game the right way move on to the next project......Or don't complain when someone in the pin community makes your product better and to this day I believe Stern is still producing new in box Guardian pins (which there would be no reason to without Cleland cause no one would be buying)

Well anyone buying a last run GOTG is currently up a creek because it has new code (1.08 I believe) you must run because of new node boards and so far it is not compatible with Pinball Browser / Cleland (or Applejuice or any other) sound package.

#731 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yea I agree. Not worried as it it a very simple one coil mech. My guess is that it’s a code thing since they are only at .75

#732 2 years ago

OK so LEs hitting the line first week of October. They do like a 1000 a week now right?

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Anyone else like to NOT watch too much of a reveal or gameplay before actually spending time on the game?
Godzilla looks fantastic to me, but I want to learn it on my own and then watch video if I want...

Absolutely. I dont want to see the whole game. I saw enough.

Quoted from skink91:

I heard October as well. We are at the back end of the LE line.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

“Unownable”.
Yeah…. No. Walking Dead is an amazing game with stock code. Better with the Cleland code? Maybe. I’ll give you that. But it doesn’t change anything. If Stern pays money for voices and other assets, they put fewer mechs on the playfield.
You can prefer one option or the other, but you can’t have both. Want to change it with after market code? Cool. Want to put that code on display for everyone to see, such that it becomes embarrassing for Stern? Not cool.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

“Unownable”.
Yeah…. No. Walking Dead is an amazing game with stick code. Better with the Cleland code? Maybe. I’ll give you that. But it doesn’t change anything. If Stern pays money for voices and other assets, they put fewer mechs on the playfield.
You can prefer one option or the other, but you can’t have both. Want to change it with after market code? Cool. Want to put that code on display for everyone to see, such that it becomes embarrassing for Stern? Not cool.

I think you are right here, explains how they got so much in Zilla...Mando lacking a little but kills it with voice acting and asserts which are key to that title.

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

“Unownable”.
Yeah…. No. Walking Dead is an amazing game with stock code. Better with the Cleland code? Maybe. I’ll give you that. But it doesn’t change anything. If Stern pays money for voices and other assets, they put fewer mechs on the playfield.

unownable without that code yes lol - love the game but I would not own either without the cleland mod.....and I'm not the only one. I can guarantee that anyone buying those pins will be adding the code first thing. Also, pinheads not updating with the latest stern codes as to not mess up the aftermarket code just goes to show you Stern is lacking in this area again and again.

Is there proof that Stern is indeed embarassed. If anything, they should be saying "How can we make it so Cleland doesn't have to mod our pins?"

Or maybe they should have went the comic route on walking dead instead of using the actors likenesses and some knock off voices....kind of like they did with Avengers IQ so maybe they did learn a lesson in all of this after all hmmmmm

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I think you are right here, explains how they got so much in Zilla...Mando lacking a little but kills it with voice acting and asserts which are key to that title.

Don't stick up for him Adam I do get there will be give and take and Stern is only going to spend so much to not kill profit margins. But that doesn't negate the fact that Cleland saved both of those pins for me and many, many other owners.

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Don't stick up for him Adam I do get there will be give and take and Stern is only going to spend so much to not kill profit margins. But that doesn't negate the fact that Cleland saved both of those pins for me and many, many other owners.

My comments are more about what stern spends their $$$ on . I haven't played guardians with his code , but he did a great job on stranger things .

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

My comments are more about what stern spends their $$$ on . I haven't played guardians with his code , but he did a great job on stranger things .

Yeah I forgot about Stranger Things - another home run there. Maybe Stern should just hire Cleland.........problem solved

#740 2 years ago

If Cleland worked for Stern he wouldn’t be allowed to put all the super cool shit in the games haha. Let the genius work in the shadows!

Quoted from K9Marshal:

Yeah I forgot about Stranger Things - another home run there. Maybe Stern should just hire Cleland.........problem solved

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

unownable without that code yes lol - love the game but I would not own either without the cleland mod.....and I'm not the only one. I can guarantee that anyone buying those pins will be adding the code first thing. Also, pinheads not updating with the latest stern codes as to not mess up the aftermarket code just goes to show you Stern is lacking in this area again and again.
Is there proof that Stern is indeed embarassed. If anything, they should be saying "How can we make it so Cleland doesn't have to mod our pins?"
Or maybe they should have went the comic route on walking dead instead of using the actors likenesses and some knock off voices....kind of like they did with Avengers IQ so maybe they did learn a lesson in all of this after all hmmmmm

In my opinion, TWD remains one of the best games ever made due to Lyman’s code. The use of the bloodbath target bank was genius. I didn’t love the redneck call outs but the code and Horde mode made that easy to overlook.
Then again, I was never a huge fan of the show so maybe that’s why I found it ok to have the actors not included.

#742 2 years ago

Reading all the "discussion" about software and owning your pinball machine. Stern makes it very clear in their EULA (End User License Agreement) exactly where they stand. You of course have the option to return your game for a refund if you don't agree. I'm fairly certain shipping would NOT be included. Since 99.9% of the people never even glance at any of the EULA's they pretty much automatically agree to I copied a small portion of Stern's below for anyone who is interested.

LICENSE. Stern Pinball hereby grants You a nonexclusive, non-transferable, limited, and revocable right and license to use one copy of the Stern Pinball Software and Authorized Content and any Authorized Update solely for your personal use, or that of your patrons and customers if you are a commercial entity, for playing a single Stern Pinball Machine. The Stern Pinball Software, Authorized Content and Authorized Updates are licensed, not sold, to You, and no ownership rights are transferred by this Agreement. The Stern Pinball Software Authorized Content and Authorized Updates are protected by U.S. and international copyright. All rights not explicitly granted to you in this Agreement are reserved by Stern Pinball.
As a condition to this Stern Pinball Software license, You agree that:
You will not copy, reproduce, alter, replace, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, create derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Stern Pinball hardware or Stern Pinball Software or any Authorized Update, in whole or in part; and will not commercially exploit any of the foregoing.
You will not use or install any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software. Use of Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software may result in your Stern Pinball Machine ceasing to work permanently and/or losing access to Stern Pinball’s online game network, either immediately or after a later installed Authorized Update.
You will not create, develop, distribute or assist anyone else in creating, developing or distributing any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software intended for use with a Stern Pinball Machine, whether to add to or modify the gameplay, any audio content (whether music, sound or voice), or any video content of any Stern Pinball Machine, or to gain advantage in any online or other game modes, or otherwise.

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

You agree that:
You will not copy, reproduce, alter, replace, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, create derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Stern Pinball hardware or Stern Pinball Software or any Authorized Update, in whole or in part; and will not commercially exploit any of the foregoing.
You will not use or install any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software. Use of Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software may result in your Stern Pinball Machine ceasing to work permanently and/or losing access to Stern Pinball’s online game network, either immediately or after a later installed Authorized Update.
You will not create, develop, distribute or assist anyone else in creating, developing or distributing any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software intended for use with a Stern Pinball Machine, whether to add to or modify the gameplay, any audio content (whether music, sound or voice), or any video content of any Stern Pinball Machine, or to gain advantage in any online or other game modes, or otherwise.

200.gif200.gif
#744 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Yes, but this is fanboy talk.

Cleland lives in a world with no rules or costs... Stern folks are working within real world constraints which constrain what assets they can use or afford to use.

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, but this is fanboy talk.
Cleland lives in a world with no rules or costs... Stern folks are working within real world constraints which constrain what assets they can use or afford to use.

So please then explain to me who is hurt or losing money from clelands code tweaks? Spoiler alert, no one! His code was the reason I bought GOTG. I was lucky to get one with 1.06

#746 2 years ago

So please then explain to me who is hurt or losing money from clelands code tweaks? Spoiler alert, no one! His code was the reason I bought GOTG. I was lucky to get one with 1.06

The license holders have the potential to be hurt. If they don’t approve use of assets in a game and home brew then adds what they want using characters voices etc.. It can paint the franchise in a negative light. While their is no real harm in a home environment it can have an impact if there are machines on location with altered code. The damage it does is for that license holder not to want to do business with stern or whatever company is unable to secure their software from hackers.

That said when one door closes another one opens. They can change hardware and patch software but one exploit gets closed and another entry becomes available.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Ghidorah was in the reveal, but as part of a “tag team” battle with four monsters. No clue if Ghidorah also appears alone, but let’s hope so.

I hope so. My vhs copy of Godzilla vs Smog Monster had it. My dvd o Godzilla vs Hedora does not.

#748 2 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a Mechagodzilla mulitball in the Pro given there is no mechanism/sculpture for it? Maybe through x number of loops where Mechahodzilla would be in Premium/LE?

#749 2 years ago

By your logic - why do people license anything? Who is really hurt or losing money by people using other people's work without consent?

Get out of the bubble man

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from robotgreg:

Does anyone know if there is a Mechagodzilla mulitball in the Pro given there is no mechanism/sculpture for it? Maybe through x number of loops where Mechahodzilla would be in Premium/LE?

Yea similar to raptor tri ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.