75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 30.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Well shit… hitting cancel on the polk order now

I doubted him in the very very beginning but as I saw EA’s praising, I took a chance on my IJ. He walked me through it (while he was eating dinner btw!), minor backfeed hiccup ( OG system 1st design), but it blew me away. Just as disclosure I am using a Pinsound board. Another upgrade I enjoy on all my pins.

So, in my collection, TZ, JD, IJ, DM all get PS boards, Colordmds and Chris Royalty ( Hot rod arcade) plating.

Nos pf’s, all nos mechs and cabinet overhauls. Cuz, you know, Better than new.

#552 2 years ago

Don't. I use speaker upgrades AND a PSW10 subwoofer on every game. My music games have Pinwoofers and the Klipsch sub. They get the platinum treatment, and sound amazing.

#553 2 years ago

I agree with Mr Boob. I put a sub on LZ, then Pinwoofer w/o external sub. While Pinwoofer is nice I missed the low punch of the sub so added the powered sub to Pinwoofer. It sounds great now. With GZ you will need the low rumble of a sub.

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Has anyone seen or heard an explanation of the "bash" function on the building? I had assumed the building would lower down and you'd bash one of the levels with a solid surface. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it was in this thread, but someone had pointed out before the steam that if the building stopped at those levels to bash, then the ramp shots wouldn't be able to pass through the building.
In the steam there were numerous instances where they seemed to be bashing the building, but it was always at the first or second levels that should be passthroughs normally. Didn't look like just rejects or anything either - is there perhaps an up-post or controlled gate or something in one of the building openings too?
If so, I'm curious if the Pro well have this function too. Otherwise it just seems like out would be a ton of shooting the building and the ball always returning to that lane next to the building/magna grab over and over. That bash function would throw in some variety on the Pro too...

I kind of thought the building might get directly bashed on those upper 2 levels, but obviously the ball would have to be stopped on the ramps...could have been done with a post to stage the balls, but if you hit a lot of ramps you'd have to raise the building to let the balls pass through.

This game is packed mechanically, so I don't think I miss it or anything, but that might have been fun adding stages to the toy, and the feeling of destroying the building

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't. I use speaker upgrades AND a PSW10 subwoofer on every game. My music games have Pinwoofers and the Klipsch sub. They get the platinum treatment, and sound amazing.

I have a PS10 on every game too. Years ago I lugged my home stereo subwoofer downstairs to try it on ToTAN, and by the time the first multiball rumbled through the house I was sold. Takes any game to another level. Bought all mine from Newegg, $69 free shipping.

have never tried the other speaker upgrade kits, but I don't see how one could compare to a stand alone sub, facing outward. And for the budget conscious, you can hook 5 or 6 games up to one.

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I
have never tried the other speaker upgrade kits, but I don't see how one could compare to a stand alone sub, facing outward. And for the budget conscious, you can hook 5 or 6 games up to one.

It does make a huge difference. Try it once on your favorite game and tweak the settings to your liking. If you don't notice a difference there's always the option to never do it again. But I pulled out Flipper Fidelity speakers to put in the Pinwoofers and noticed a difference immediately.

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I have a PS10 on every game too. ... Bought all mine from Newegg, $69 free shipping.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

It does make a huge difference. ...

yep and yep! i do the same...

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

The building shot would sometimes spit out the left side and feed the ball to the magna grab, right? I'm not sure the pro can do that - was looking at some closeup playfield photos and it looked like the left side was closed on the pro. Definitely want to see the coding differences in the two for sure because I'm in the same boat as you regarding the mechs (although I would like the right side jump ramp).

I'm pretty sure that will probably be the only return feed on the Pro - out the left to the magna grab lane. As the Premium's second level diversion slightly to the right is to the VUK to feed the roof lock, which obviously the Pro won't have.

Without the ability to at least vary the magna grabs behaviour on the Pro, the building shot on it would be pretty repetitive it would seem. Guess we'll see.

#559 2 years ago

You can also connect an external sub to PinWoofer with an optional line out extender. I did that on my DP and it’s like having a 2.1 home theater in your pin

#560 2 years ago

After watching SDTM install video and reading some more reviews, pulled the trigger on the Pinwoofer kit for my IMDN Prem.

Now, do y’all even install these on LE’s, or are the default upgraded speakers/sub already enough?

#561 2 years ago

Now, do y’all even install these on LE’s, or are the default upgraded speakers/sub already enough?

The ‘upgraded’ speakers on LE’s are really nothing to write home about honestly.

#562 2 years ago

After watching SDTM install video and reading some more reviews, pulled the trigger on the Pinwoofer kit for my IMDN Prem.

I installed on my DPLE and EHOHLE, and I can confirm Pinwoofer made a significant improvement.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

You can also connect an external sub to PinWoofer with an optional line out extender. I did that on my DP and it’s like having a 2.1 home theater in your pin

Hey Xelz !

The GT amplifier has a studio level line out as shown below (+4Dbu) so you can drive your external "straight-up", or with our line trimmer accessory which lets you adjust sub volume at the coin door location.

Our new Knockout amplifier (KO) has a sub out on the audio connection board to achieve roughly the same result on the Spike-2 platform. This applies to Spike-2 titles released after Star Wars 2017-08; the later comic trim released 2019-10 does have the sub out.

We can help you achieve an audio experience that an external alone simply cannot provide:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Thanks for your attention!

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

GT - LO Use Model (resized).jpgGT - LO Use Model (resized).jpg
#564 2 years ago

Pretty exciting chickenscratch - our sincere thanks!

Greaseman did a detailed review of the LE trim having KW-1366S's (on Zeppelin) versus the PL53BL we provide:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/55#post-6158857

At the time we also did a re-comparison on our Maiden and the PL53BL are hands-down better (I did not even finish the first ball with the KW's).

I have not checked what's shipping with Godzille LE but would be interested to know.

#565 2 years ago

Watched the first movie last night. Not bad for something created that long ago and could be made on a phone with a toy now. I like the newer movies with cgi.

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I agree with Mr Boob. I put a sub on LZ, then Pinwoofer w/o external sub. While Pinwoofer is nice I missed the low punch of the sub so added the powered sub to Pinwoofer. It sounds great now. With GZ you will need the low rumble of a sub.

Agreed. Subs on everyone my high bass pins. Gives it that extra kick.

#567 2 years ago

Thanks for making me spend $$. Shaker motor ordered last night.

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Watched the first movie last night. Not bad for something created that long ago and could be made on a phone with a toy now. I like the newer movies with cgi.

I like the older ones because it was all "real". I can't imagine the thousands of hours that were spent building and wiring those huge cityscapes, all of the miniature vehicles, scoring them so they broke apart just right on camera, only to blow them up or have them stomped on by, admittedly, a guy in a rubber suit.

But the 7 year old "me" loved it, and apparently he's still in there somewhere because the 57 year old me has a deposit on a Premium and couldn't be happier. It's not quite a time machine, but it's definitely gonna make me feel like a kid again.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I like the older ones because it was all "real". I can't imagine the thousands of hours that were spent building and wiring those huge cityscapes, all of the miniature vehicles, scoring them so they broke apart just right on camera, only to blow them up or have them stomped on by, admittedly, a guy in a rubber suit.
But the 7 year old "me" loved it, and apparently he's still in there somewhere because the 57 year old me has a deposit on a Premium and couldn't be happier. It's not quite a time machine, but it's definitely gonna make me feel like a kid again.

86034DFB-446B-40E8-9890-13E1FB0A4DFB.gif86034DFB-446B-40E8-9890-13E1FB0A4DFB.gif
#570 2 years ago

I could watch that GIF forever. It cracks me up.

#571 2 years ago

I ripped out the Kenwoods on my Zeppelin LE and put in the Pinwoofers. Huge difference. I really think it's the added amplifier that makes it sound clearer and louder.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I ripped out the Kenwoods on my Zeppelin LE and put in the Pinwoofers. Huge difference. I really think it's the added amplifier that makes it sound clearer and louder.

100% spot on beelzeboob - dynamic range is the key and you don't get much with the stock setup. There are also a number of old school design elements throughout the electronics. Good times!

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

The model work is the most impressive to me today.

#574 2 years ago

HBOmax has several of the old films available. But they are subtitled. Not dubbed. Looking for a place to stream the bad English dubbed. Will look into Criterion streaming.

#575 2 years ago

well I guess I'm officially in on a premium

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

Congrats!! Me too.... I'm usually a PRO guy but the added mechs are simply too fun-looking to miss out on!

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

Nice collection, we have very similar taste. I'm looking to try to build out a horror theme collection as well. I was pretty torn between Godzilla, Elvira, or an Alien but after being blown away by the Dead Flip stream felt solid with my choice on Godzilla.

I still hope to get an Elvira and Alien at some point, but I have a feeling they will be rarer and pricier than average down the line. And now even "average" used prices are nuts.

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Nice collection, we have very similar taste. I'm looking to try to build out a horror theme collection as well. I was pretty torn between Godzilla, Elvira, or an Alien but after being blown away by the Dead Flip stream felt solid with my choice on Godzilla.
I still hope to get an Elvira and Alien at some point, but I have a feeling they will be rarer and pricier than average down the line. And now even "average" used prices are nuts.

Godzilla's going right next to my EHOH...feel the two will compliment each other very well. EHOH is a great game

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did you by chance try the original Kenwoods with the Pinwoofer amp or is it not possible to do that? I would be curious to see if the main difference is indeed from the amp.

#580 2 years ago

I feel like this game is the most packed premium we have seen, maybe ever. Ergo, the pro has got to be the most stripped from its premium counterpart in the modern era.

I just cant see wanting the pro model of this machine. For people, like myself who's complained about stern price, if you can only afford the pro, don't bother.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I feel like this game is the most packed premium we have seen, maybe ever. Ergo, the pro has got to be the most stripped from its premium counterpart in the modern era.
I just cant see wanting the pro model of this machine. For people, like myself who's complained about stern price, if you can only afford the pro, don't bother.

I think the Pro model would still be a hell of a lot of fun to flip.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Did you by chance try the original Kenwoods with the Pinwoofer amp or is it not possible to do that? I would be curious to see if the main difference is indeed from the amp.

Not sure it's possible to do that, so I just swapped everything out. Sold the Kenwoods so I didn't want to risk blowing them out or anything else. But yeah...you bring up a good point. The amp is a Pinwoofer amp, though, so the question would be kind of moot unless you can find it on your own. Dan puts together these kits with everything you could possibly need as well as great directions and phone support if you get stuck. Highly recommended. (And PS - I was a huge skeptic until I took the plunge and tried it myself...so it really is a great mod!)

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Pretty exciting chickenscratch - our sincere thanks!
Greaseman did a detailed review of the LE trim having KW-1366S's (on Zeppelin) versus the PL53BL we provide:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/55#post-6158857
At the time we also did a re-comparison on our Maiden and the PL53BL are hands-down better (I did not even finish the first ball with the KW's).
I have not checked what's shipping with Godzille LE but would be interested to know.

So can we order a Pinwoofer kit now for Godzilla LE or do we need to wait for it to be a selectable option on the site?

#584 2 years ago

Love everything of the machine premium up, - but the music is Stern like extremly loveless and weak.
I'll still buy it in the hope of swaping the music in the software later.
There are so many nice stuff on YouTube from the movies 1954-1975.

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Love everything of the machine premium up, - but the music is Stern like extremly loveless and weak.

Completely disagree the music took this game to another level…

#586 2 years ago

Game looks insane, but am I the only one concerned about how well these mechs are going to work?
I owned 3 different Stern, and, well, let's just say that mech reliability is not their forte...

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Game looks insane, but am I the only one concerned about how well these mechs are going to work?
I owned 3 different Stern, and, well, let's just say that mech reliability is not their forte...

As with everything else. If it breaks. You fix it. Where's the problem?

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

That’s odd because I’ve owned 14 Stern pins (one still over 15 years) and not one problem with a toy.

I’ve heard about issues with hammer lock, AIQ Subway and Elvira house mech and others that need fixes. But in the end most can be made to work reliably.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I was actually thinking that Stern had stepped up the music. They’ve got the main theme music, a token licensed track, and the rest seemed like good custom stuff. Unless there’s heaps of other iconic Godzilla music I’m not aware of?

#590 2 years ago
Farley (resized).jpgFarley (resized).jpg
#591 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I was impressed with how simple the mechs looked outside of the game. The bridge looks like no adjustments, all runs off one solenoid, house looks relatively easy too, no moving parts inside? I think they did a great job there. Time will tell,,,

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

As with everything else. If it breaks. You fix it. Where's the problem?

I was mainly talking of out of the box issues.
Maybe I was just unlucky, but the 2 I nib I got were far from 100%... And I got a huo GB and sold it soon after because of slimmer that needed to be fixed every 10 games.
I'm not picking on Stern, I understand it is just how it is with pinball, and not sure the other brands do better. I'm just afraid GZ can turn into a maintenance nightmare seeing how stacked it is

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I was mainly talking of out of the box issues.
Maybe I was just unlucky, but the 2 I nib I got were far from 100%... And I got a huo GB and sold it soon after because of slimmer that needed to be fixed every 10 games.
I'm not picking on Stern, I understand it is just how it is with pinball, and not sure the other brands do better. I'm just afraid GZ can turn into a maintenance nightmare seeing how stacked it is

The only thing I worry about is the playfield, and as of late Stern has been very consistent with their quality.

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You should watch the stream: its already in there.

No shit!
I watched it quite a bit and didn’t hear it.
Oh well

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

No shit!
I watched it quite a bit and didn’t hear it.
Oh well

I am an idiot… went back and re-read your comment and noticed you mentioned “don’t fear the reaper” not “godzilla”. Sorry man. Just stupid.

#596 2 years ago

So can we order a Pinwoofer kit now for Godzilla LE or do we need to wait for it to be a selectable option on the site?

Hi chickenscratch - it's there, hiding between Ghosbusters and Guardians:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#597 2 years ago

All good.
Tried to watch Elwin scroll through settings.
Did we get confirmation yet that home users have option to disable the QR features or achievement pop ups?

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Did we get confirmation yet that home users have option to disable the QR features or achievement pop ups?

I am hoping there is an option to turn off the leds on the QR reader that was on non-stop too… that will be obnoxious.

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Congrats!! Me too.... I'm usually a PRO guy but the added mechs are simply too fun-looking to miss out on!

Agreed! and congratulations to you too!

Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Thanks! I actually just cut the deal for EHOH last night and am so psyched for my friend to bring it over! Only TFTC and HH are in my game room right now (and a hand full of other arcades and a virtual pin i never play lol) waiting on all the rest. Knowing my impatience I'll probably find something else to buy before they're all home

#600 2 years ago

I said I'd never buy another stern after my playfield issues with my GBLE but turns out I'm a fu##in liar.....love my EHOH and had to put deposit on a GZ premium

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.