75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gamera9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

This thread is for new Stern Godzilla owners. I’m in for an LE. What are you getting?

Shit, where the hell did you buy one already?

#4 2 years ago

From where? I need some help.

#6 2 years ago

Where are people getting these LEs?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You can get on the LE list by buying many NIB LE's from previous years.
It's an elite club that you and I are not invited to.

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9b75ea440a4dd10f5dfcdfe4b4043f56e7c354f0-1631623604-1800"};
//]]>

Even then, they should have one before they go on sale.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well,,,,, this is my second new le purchase. But, every nib stern I've bought has been from same distributor. I don't shop around looking for free shipping, best price, but no service. Hes fairly local, 4 hour drive, has priced games at msrp or a bit lower every time. Gz is at msrp, which I'm happy he's not upcharging like some will. You need to build a relationship with local businesses to get best price and loyalty from them .Just my 02 tho,,

I am a Godzilla fan. I will probably never want another LE. Just this one.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I ordered an LE!!!

Are they accepting orders now?

#120 2 years ago

Can't find any di

Quoted from beltking:

The shooter rod for Godzilla is a colorful egg.

Mothra egg

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

msrp for this game is 10500?

It was when they were available.

#417 2 years ago

I think the call outs are supposed to be flat to match Raymond Burr in the original movie. If that is true they did a great job as he sounds like him as well. If they were not trying to do that then it sucks.

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Where did they get the inspiration for the monotone call outs? I just watched a couple of Godzilla movies on HBO Max and they only had English sub titles. Perhaps the English dubbed movies have a similar monotone voice?

The original Godzilla American version has Raymond Burr as the announcer and the voice actor nailed it! The people who got the rights for the US movie got the actor for a 24 hour period and made him work 24 hour shift. They used body doubles for when they needed additional shots. The pinball use of this voice seems to be perfection It sounds like they added some music tracks that are originals. I love it.

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Where did they get the inspiration for the monotone call outs? I just watched a couple of Godzilla movies on HBO Max and they only had English sub titles. Perhaps the English dubbed movies have a similar monotone voice?

The original Godzilla American version has Raymond Burr as the announcer and the voice actor nailed it! The people who got the rights for the US movie got the actor for a 24 hour period and made him work 24 hour shift. They used body doubles for when they needed additional shots. The pinball use of this voice seems to be perfection It sounds like they added some music tracks that are originals. I love it.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

He’s featured on the playfield, so I’m guessing he’s included in the code.

Ghidorah was in the reveal, but as part of a “tag team” battle with four monsters. No clue if Ghidorah also appears alone, but let’s hope so.

Quoted from MajorDrainer:

The official trailer says 'Can Godzilla Save the Earth'.
I can only hope this catchy tune from Godzilla vs The Smog Monster (Hedorah) is incorporated somehow...maybe final wizard mode?
"SAVE THE EARTH...see the evil problem around us.....SAVE THE EARTH....the solution stop pollution...SAVE THE EARTH"."
The Japanese hippies sell it.

I hope so. My vhs copy of Godzilla vs Smog Monster had it. My dvd o Godzilla vs Hedora does not.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

2 pinsiders have already rated a Godzilla LE.
I wonder where they were lucky enough enough to play one?

obviously they work at the factory and got an early preview. Lucky.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

Anyone know which 10 Godzilla movies this is based on. I need to brush up on my Godzilla knowledge. Got my preordered in on a Premium, but won't get it till next year, so plenty of time to brush up.

I think I recognized clips from the original Godzilla, vs Megalon, vs Gigan, vs Sea Monster, vs Monster Zero, vs Smog Monster, vs Mechagodzilla, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, and the Terror of Mechagodzilla.

1 week later
#1000 2 years ago

Hopefully Gamera gets a game someday.

#1031 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah this game is far from a 10 out the gate. Even if the gameplay and rules are a 10, this art package is just way off the mark and a 5 at best. Now if this was 90s Godzilla maybe, but not TOHO Godzilla.

I love Showa era Godzilla. I think the art is awesome no Stern is a 10 out of the gate. They tend to get better with the updates. Star Trek, Walking Dead, Metallica were all vastly improved. The way this looks, the cool mechs, the way it seems to shoot, being designed by the best designer in the world tend to make me think it has potential to be one of the best games ever. I will not rate it till I play it.

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

This game looks like good clean pure pinball fun! A campy title nothing too serious, flowing shots that go up down all around, innovative mechs, awesome art, sizzling sound effects and a jamming soundtrack!
Now can someone please clarify is that a New York or a Jersey accent of that one callout voice that has to pleeeeaase be a filler voice until they can replace it with about anything else!?!?!

I think you mean the Raymond Burr sound alike? It is not going anywhere. It sounds like the first movie. Whoever did it, did a great job.

1 week later
#1378 2 years ago

Game plays great. Lots of interesting shots. Looks beautiful. Sound is awesome. Fun pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gamera9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group?tu=gamera9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.