75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 30.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

How/Where do I get this? do you have a link?

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/1948450

sold out a lot of places..i think it's like $150 on amazon

#802 2 years ago

Damn...... Just pre-ordered a Premium. It was kind of an impulse buy looking at the shots and mechs.

Guess I need to start reading here to get fired up.

#804 2 years ago

I would really like to see some Pro gameplay. I'm not convinced it won't be quite awesome itself. Adding $2000 to the price is a huge jump to go premium. When you get right down to it the building is basically just a fancy ramp diverter, with a physical ball lock on the roof. Apparently there is no bash component with it. I can do without those extras.

Mechagodzilla - I'm not sure I don't prefer the Pro spinner mini-loop, and it might be really fun to try to hit those stand-up targets from the upper flipper - if necessary. It will be interesting to see if/how the spinner and spin counts are used on the Pro, and how exactly those targets are used in the rules since the spinner is always available on the Pro.

I couldn't really tell from the stream, but the bridge may be a lot of fun, if it feels like you're bashing it and it wobbles, etc, before breaking. That interaction will be missed on the Pro for sure. But for $2K??

Elwins Pros have been homeruns so far, imo. I'm torn on getting an AIQ Pro vs this...

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I would really like to see some Pro gameplay. I'm not convinced it won't be quite awesome itself. Adding $2000 to the price is a huge jump to go premium. When you get right down to it the building is basically just a fancy ramp diverter, with a physical ball lock on the roof. Apparently there is no bash component with it. I can do without those extras.
Mechagodzilla - I'm not sure I don't prefer the Pro spinner mini-loop, and it might be really fun to try to hit those stand-up targets from the upper flipper - if necessary. It will be interesting to see if/how the spinner and spin counts are used on the Pro, and how exactly those targets are used in the rules since the spinner is always available on the Pro.
I couldn't really tell from the stream, but the bridge may be a lot of fun, if it feels like you're bashing it and it wobbles, etc, before breaking. That interaction will be missed on the Pro for sure. But for $2K??
Elwins Pros have been homeruns so far, imo. I'm torn on getting an AIQ Pro vs this...

I agree, pro might be just as well like Jp for example.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

The pro looks fine on gz, but 2 friends had pro aiq and sold quickly to get a premium. Not saying its bad, but both sold

#807 2 years ago

I went pro for these reasons and more. Lot of eye candy and fancy mechs on the prem but the game itself is what really matters to me. I’ll add tons of bandai figures, shaker motor, art blades…it’ll be rad and for $2000 less. Plus it’s going on location so…less maintenance, less places for stuck balls etc

Quoted from PinKopf:

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

All of Elwins Pro models shoot great, you won't be disappointed. Even if you ever decide to upgrade to the premium you won't lose any money in todays market.

I personally think this is the biggest disparity between Pro vs Prem/LE I've ever seen on a Stern machine. I mean 3 mechs is huge IMO. The building mech is probably the coolest mech I've ever seen in the modern Stern era of pins, it's genius. I went Premium and didn't even think twice. This will be going in my home of course and played for many years. All aboard the Elwin hype train.

#809 2 years ago

IMO, I don’t care about the Mecagodzilla magnet jump ramp. I’d be ok with the pro quick loop and non moving stand up targets.

I’m not sure about the bridge but that looks cool

IMO the building looks super cool like not sure if it’s necessary but like the moving T-Rex on JP it just looks boss.

I’m getting an LE but if not I’d probably wait and play both pro and premium and decide. It’s just with the LE there is no time to play it before deciding.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from CthulhuTilted:

...or you don't think the fancy mechs justify another $1.2k+ ?

To me modern pinball is all about mechs , it's what made the games in the 90s rock. Pro has not one true mech , I'll give you this the magna captive ball is nice .

Gone are the days of sparky , or heck even the spinner in turtles or demo gorgan in ST.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Floor one has bash mechanics with the blue pads

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Gone are the days of sparky , or heck even the spinner in turtles or demo gorgan in ST.

Yes the simple fan layout with a bash target in the middle is gone…. Replaced by a playfield with more flippers, shots both up and across the playfield… loops galore… and way more interesting geometry and things to shoot for.

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes the simple fan layout with a bash target in the middle is gone…. Replaced by a playfield with more flippers, shots both up and across the playfield… loops galore… and way more interesting geometry and things to shoot for.

And yet Tron Pros are still selling for 9k, and Metallica's for 6500+ from what I've seen.

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

And yet Tron Pros are still selling for 9k, and Metallica's for 6500+ from what I've seen.

Used Metallica pros go for 6500?

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Used Metallica pros go for 6500?

I just paid $6,400 for a Metallica Pro, granted it included mods like ColorDMD, Pinstadium lights, and more.

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You ever look at how many Metallicas were made?

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How many? They still sell for a premium on the West coast. Washington and Oregon anyways,,

#818 2 years ago

2 pinsiders have already rated a Godzilla LE.

I wonder where they were lucky enough enough to play one?

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not saying the pro is a bad game but it's missing A LOT vs the premium . The more interesting design doesn't cost more to make thats just Elwin. Just my opinion .

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How many? They still sell for a premium on the West coast. Washington and Oregon anyways,,

It is likely in sterns top 4 produced games. They were also made in the era of stern’s continuous production model where runs were done repeatedly on demand in the HUO era.

Point is - Metallica isn’t nearly as tight supply as Tron…. Which is why tron gets a premium.

And people paying 10k for a SAM era game need their wallets taken from them.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The pro looks fine on gz, but 2 friends had pro aiq and sold quickly to get a premium. Not saying its bad, but both sold

I could see that. You're losing the cool Marvel ramp on the AIQ and its a lower price difference. I went Pro on Godzilla because the mech are not interesting to me as much as the magna grab is.

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

IMO, I don’t care about the Mecagodzilla magnet jump ramp. I’d be ok with the pro quick loop and non moving stand up targets.
I’m not sure about the bridge but that looks cool
IMO the building looks super cool like not sure if it’s necessary but like the moving T-Rex on JP it just looks boss.
I’m getting an LE but if not I’d probably wait and play both pro and premium and decide. It’s just with the LE there is no time to play it before deciding.

I'm like the reverse of this. I would miss the jump ramp the most on the pro, I think.

I can easily see the building mech being a maintenance nightmare, and the bridge could be the same. But I love the jump shot to the magnet and would've loved to have those in there even if Mechagodzilla was just a plastic.

#823 2 years ago

Anyone heard when pros will start shipping?

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone heard when pros will start shipping?

I’m hoping soon so the Les get going. I heard LEs in mid October so pros should be in a week or two

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Is there enough room - you will need about 6 inches?

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Thank you.. just got it... its awesome!!

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Get Both! , AIQ is a good pick though. Everyone who comes by my place says it is their favorite.

20210826_133602 (resized).jpg20210826_133602 (resized).jpg
#828 2 years ago

I’m in on Godzilla LE..
Had to say farewell to Wonka CE tho

Hope I made the right choice!

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Is there enough room - you will need about 6 inches?

unsure. I'm not buying any toys for the machine until it's in the house, and i can measure spaces, figure out where i can attach, etc. honestly, if i bought that one, it'd probably go in my godzilla cabinet

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sorry, I think you confused my point. My point is that by your prior statement both of those games are pretty barebones pros.... and you're not wrong. I owned two Trons and a Metallica Pro. Yet both are selling for near-current-NIB price, or in Tron's case, far over it. It wasn't meant to be a comparison of the two, just an example of how simpler doesn't necessarily mean cheaper, especially on the aftermarket.

Personally, I think it's bats--t that either of those games command their respective prices. Frankly, in Tron's case, it's just a bunch of people that spent way too much money on mods and refuse to take a bath on it.....and these nutjobs are still adding MORE, like the animated back panel and someone was talking about making rad-cal style cabinet decals or something, I think I saw? Like...give it a bloody rest already. You've got more money in mods than we paid for the game NIB at this point. That's ridiculous, and it's going to be so much schadenfreude to watch these guys try to still get 9k when the price does inevitably crash back down.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Sorry, I think you confused my point. My point is that by your prior statement both of those games are pretty barebones pros.... and you're not wrong. I owned two Trons and a Metallica Pro. Yet both are selling for near-current-NIB price, or in Tron's case, far over it. It wasn't meant to be a comparison of the two, just an example of how simpler doesn't necessarily mean cheaper, especially on the aftermarket.

And I think the entire conversation had nothing to do with game value - but about what the game design is built around. The poster was commenting on wanting something like Sparky and lamenting the absence of that kind of feature/mech on the pro.. and IMO blind to the fact that these titles have so much more going on in the actual playfield.. and while LOTR, AFM, TRON, MET are all great games, there is no denying they all are pretty generic/bland in the layout. Two flipper fan layouts with bash/objective up the middle.

I think one of the greatest aspects Elwin's titles have brought back is busting out of that rut of 'more of the same' layouts we've seen from Stern in the last few years. IM, JP, AIQ, and now Godzilla have all featured more than 2 flippers, shot patterns that include up down, side to side, loops that aren't just the top orbit, interesting ball feeds, etc.. all things even the Pros have benefitted from... without the old crutch of "how about a bash target and we layout some shots around that...".

I love my TRON, MET, LOTR... but as a layout they are cookie cutter compared to Elwin's layouts. And after title after title of 'hey look, same thing again...' that Borg and Ritchie had fallen into... I'm so happy Elwin got a chance and has been crushing it since.

#832 2 years ago

I do actually agree with you that the recent pros have felt like so much more than was offered with those games. Even Stranger Things pro, which really doesn't have....well......really anything that's substantively "better" or "different" than Metallica (drop targets moved to block the bash toy, and a 50 cent piece of flap metal and the motor to move it.....but plastic ramps instead of metal!) feels like it offers more because of the better sound and video assets.

I hate Jurassic Park, but there's no arguing it's a unique layout. AIQ somehow manages to bring back the feel and memories of the Williams SuperPin widebodies for me, but isn't actually a widebody, and GZ...well..... I was waiting for Elwin to outdo Iron Maiden, and I feel like he did.

The center bash target was way overrused and overdue to die. Groot was the last straw for me on those, and I don't even like the Demo on Stranger Things, but hey at least it goes through it!

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I do actually agree with you that the recent pros have felt like so much more than was offered with those games. Even Stranger Things pro, which really doesn't have....well......really anything that's substantively "better" or "different" than Metallica (drop targets moved to block the bash toy, and a 50 cent piece of flap metal and the motor to move it.....but plastic ramps instead of metal!) feels like it offers more because of the better sound and video assets.
I hate Jurassic Park, but there's no arguing it's a unique layout. AIQ somehow manages to bring back the feel and memories of the Williams SuperPin widebodies for me, but isn't actually a widebody, and GZ...well..... I was waiting for Elwin to outdo Iron Maiden, and I feel like he did.
The center bash target was way overrused and overdue to die. Groot was the last straw for me on those, and I don't even like the Demo on Stranger Things, but hey at least it goes through it!

He out did IM with Jurassic Park. JP is the measuring stick for Godzilla IMO.

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

When you get right down to it the building is basically just a fancy ramp diverter, with a physical ball lock on the roof.

Quoted from Gambeno:

Sure you will miss seeing the cool effects for multiball but it doesn't really take away anything else.

I think the most underrated thing about the moving building that most people don't appreciate is the fact that its a huge ball diverter with multiple paths.

So every time you shoot the LT or RT ramps on the Premium, it will divert to the LT or RT habitrail, depending on the building height. So a shot to either ramp may return to either flipper! That's insanely cool to me & keeps the shots fresh & changing all the time. And the game is making all this happen while you can just focus on making your shots.

The Shadow does this too, but the implementation is different & user controlled.

So IMO that building diverter feature alone is worth the extra money for the Premium....let alone all the other cool shit that's in there.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

2 pinsiders have already rated a Godzilla LE.
I wonder where they were lucky enough enough to play one?

obviously they work at the factory and got an early preview. Lucky.

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I think the most underrated thing about the moving building that most people don't appreciate is the fact that its a huge ball diverter with multiple paths.
So every time you shoot the LT or RT ramps on the Premium, it will divert to the LT or RT habitrail, depending on the building height. So a shot to either ramp may return to either flipper! That's insanely cool to me & keeps the shots fresh & changing all the time. And the game is making all this happen while you can just focus on making your shots.
The Shadow does this too, but the implementation is different & user controlled.
So IMO that building diverter feature alone is worth the extra money for the Premium....let alone all the other cool shit that's in there.

Best part is , I believe there are no moving parts in the building, and the bridge is operated by 1 coil. Simple, but great design idea.

#837 2 years ago

Any confirmation of Godzilla Pros arriving to any locations yet?

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

He out did IM with Jurassic Park. JP is the measuring stick for Godzilla IMO.

Must be measuring in that weird cubit thing...

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone heard when pros will start shipping?</blockquote

Yea, but it stinks that it's tied to the ball lock, so the only time the game will divert paths is when the building lock is lit. Cool feature for sure, but you will barely see it since it seems it gets harder to lock balls after the 1st Godzilla multiball. I would have been more sold on the premium if all the mechs were integrated in the game more. It would have been cool if the building moved every time you shot the ramps for example. But for $2,200 more? I think I can do with out, plus I love the art and back panel on the Pro a lot more. I think if you got the money to burn, the premium is a no-brainer.

#840 2 years ago

It’s funny how we become used to pinball prices. Like $1800 or whatever that was how much it cost me to buy my first T2 or BoP. Now it’s just an upgrade price from pro to pre or pre to LE.

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Yea, but it stinks that it's tied to the ball lock, so the only time the game will divert paths is when the building lock is lit. Cool feature for sure, but you will barely see it since it seems it gets harder to lock balls after the 1st Godzilla multiball.

That's an odd complaint, considering we haven't even seen every mode in the game, or much of the bridge multiball, or all the monster battles or even the final KOTM mode.

The hardware is in the game. That's the hard part. They can code how the building ties to the rest of the modes later. Who knows what tweeks they have planned.

Usually my interest in a new reveal wanes as the days go by. Not on GZ though. I'm just so impressed with all aspects of this design.

#842 2 years ago

Anyone know which 10 Godzilla movies this is based on. I need to brush up on my Godzilla knowledge. Got my preordered in on a Premium, but won't get it till next year, so plenty of time to brush up.

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I am wondering just how impactful the diverting will be. The diverting seems to only happen when locks are lit so I'm not sure how useful or integrated it will be, time will tell though. It's a cool idea but I dont see room for it to be like "oh I need this ball on my right flipper after my shot" and more like "well locks are lit so I guess the left ramp will come to my left flipper right now." Elwin is great with rules though, so it is certainly possible there is a cool rule or feature involved with the diverted shots and THAT to me could make the moving building more valuable.

To me, the Mechagodzilla area looks to be the most impactful change to gameplay between models, much like the Raptor Pit on JP but even more so.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

Anyone know which 10 Godzilla movies this is based on. I need to brush up on my Godzilla knowledge. Got my preordered in on a Premium, but won't get it till next year, so plenty of time to brush up.

I heard they were all from the Showa era which I think there were 15 Godzilla featured films. During the stream after a game ended they sometimes showed a credits screen with one of the movies listed. I recall seeing "Son of Godzilla" and "All Monsters Attack" on there so that's 2 at least for sure.

Heres a quick review of the 15 Showa era Godzilla films:

https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/2648-godzilla-the-showa-era-films-1954-1975

In you like having your own physical media this is the set to get. It will have the best transfers available as well as the very nice set of bonus features, commentaries, documentaries, etc that Criterion editions are famous for.

https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/2648-godzilla-the-showa-era-films-1954-1975

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

obviously they work at the factory and got an early preview. Lucky.

I want to believe that however no one that works on the factory floor has played the game yet. Maybe they are part of the design team?

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

I think I recognized clips from the original Godzilla, vs Megalon, vs Gigan, vs Sea Monster, vs Monster Zero, vs Smog Monster, vs Mechagodzilla, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, and the Terror of Mechagodzilla.

#847 2 years ago

I love the flow of this pin and all the mechs they put in it, but I am curious to know if the upper flipper to the right ramp shot is hittable. Maybe with some setting tweaks this shot is feasible? I would love to know if anyone noticed if this shot was made during the DeadFlip stream? Sorry for the poor edit quality…I just threw it together while watching the stream.

#848 2 years ago

Test 123

#849 2 years ago

In regards to the diverter, the issue is it really can only be different when lock is lit. Reason being the through the building shot changes to a up kicker to the top of the building, unless that has a way to spit the ball back out?

It a shame and I hope I am wrong because I dont really see the point of diverting the balls only in that moment.

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

In regards to the diverter, the issue is it really can only be different when lock is lit. Reason being the through the building shot changes to a up kicker to the top of the building, unless that has a way to spit the ball back out?

looks like it does. Check the clip. It feeds onto the ramp.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.