75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#369 2 years ago

So do we know for sure the callouts, etc can be switched to Japanese? That was my minor in college and I lived there a few years so that would actually make the game even more intriguing for me.

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

It's a pretty simple disable. Just don't scan the QR code I don't know why you would use that anyways, it's pretty much just for operators to increase the coin drops.

Yeah. Still pisses me off Stern added this and used it as an excuse ro raise prices when almost no one outside operators even want it.

#385 2 years ago

So based on what everyone saw tonight, what is the feeling on the LE for this title? Is Godzilla’ Stern’s next big hit blockbuster?

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

I’m in on an LE . I’m I the only one who thinks it looks like TMNT & AIQ had a baby?

I hope it is better than that. No offense, but I'm not a big fan of either of those games.

#601 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Completely disagree the music took this game to another level…

The music and sound is my reservation about this title.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Good luck with that on Godzilla, or any future Stern title. Thanks to the Insider Connected system, Pinbrowser's days are officially over IMO.
The code will receive frequent wireless updates & needs to be connected to their network for the Insider system to function properly. It's likely that's not going to work with code that's been altered by Pinbrowser. Some may say...well I'll just disconnect the Insider system. But can you even disconnect the Insider system on new games & still have it function properly? Will it eventually detect code that has been altered by the homeowner?
Older unconnected Spike2 games are another story, but that remains to be seen on future titles where the code is specifically designed & integrated for this new system.
IMO that's one of the features of this new system that Stern isn't saying out loud. I heard there were big complaints from the licencer about that homebrew JP code that added movie & music assets that wasn't part of the original agreement. If they can stop modders from doing this, it's an easy way for Stern to protect the licencor & their future products.

It is also a way for Stern to hurt their sales. I bought a JP premium before that custom code rolled out but I know there are many others that were on the fence or not going to buy because Stern had so few assets for the game.

You may be right and Stern wants to do more to protect their licensees but it will be due to pressure and not because they want to do it. Regardless, if Stern goes that route and tries to control a toy I paid them a ridiculous $8k + for without an option to turn off their ads and ability to mess with my code, etc., I will be out on any future NIB purchases. I imagine I am not alone in that either. Keep big brother out of our personal property.

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Stern have never said that they support you hacking their code, now because of putting the games online I'd be amazed if it was so easy to do. It should never have been doable and in my view (working in Security) amazed that the code was so unprotected.

I've never hacked any code. You completely missed my point. Get over yourself.

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

True but it is Stern's job to protect their assets. Stern and licensors are not going to be happy if all their games show up on location with unauthorized code, animations, and music. Location games earn money and that is the key.

If I pay $8k + for a consumer product, I own it, not the manufacturer. Stern can put QR on their machines but the owner should ultimately have the right to choose if they want it connected for ads, code updates, etc. If it is being leased, that is different.

At the end of the day, I dont see how Stern can force buyers to activate their QR system if they don't want it. We just wont connect it to WIFI. However, if Stern tries to make it that the only way code updates can be applied is via this system, they are essentially trying to gain control of the machine after it leaves. That is BS and will hurt their sales in the long run (the ridiculous price increases are already going to do that).

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I don't think Stern is going to make it mandatory for your pinball to be connected to the internet to update. Just look at video games if you want to play online you need to connect to the internet but if you just want to update you can always just download it to a USB and update. As far as code is concerned Stern has a good reasons to protect it and I respect that. I would also like to say if there's a will there's a way so. Hacker's love a challenge.

The reality is Stern can only do so much to protect their licensees. It isn't as if Stern is trying to make code with the goal someone hacks it. They do their best and that is really all they can do.

If they go to the length that they require all owners to not only have good WIFI access but also be connected to get any code or other necessary updates required to keep home based machines operating correctly, they risk angering many customers and hurting sales in the long haul IMO.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

not sure what the aggression is for - but no you didn't hack the code and I never meant that - apologies. Someone hacked code that in my view should never have been hackable. I would be amazed if the new code stern puts out is changeable in the way the previous code has been.
With regards to the other things about stern making changes to your game, xbox, playstation, even your phone is online and gets updates but in every case you can say no, the same will be true for this but if you say no, you will still be able to play but you won't be able to do stuff online. However, Microsoft have proven that they have a right to remove service if they believe you are trying to circumvent their platform and the T&Cs notify you of that.
I think stern will continue to ship code updates via their website because lots of people won't have games online and often games don't ship with all the features promised at launch and they come later.

No worries. Lets just hope these ridiculous price increases are primarily because Stern is going to use the money to start getting full licenses instead of a lot of the half baked licenses we've seen often in recent years. That would alleviate most of the concerns around people tweaking and trying to do their own code.

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

“Unownable”.
Yeah…. No. Walking Dead is an amazing game with stock code. Better with the Cleland code? Maybe. I’ll give you that. But it doesn’t change anything. If Stern pays money for voices and other assets, they put fewer mechs on the playfield.
You can prefer one option or the other, but you can’t have both. Want to change it with after market code? Cool. Want to put that code on display for everyone to see, such that it becomes embarrassing for Stern? Not cool.

Can't afford to do both? Ghostbusters would like a word with you.

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I'm sorry fellas. I didn't mean to start all this with modding the software. Maybe I will end up liking the Godzilla song during multi-ball once I have a few games under my premium.

It is going to have to grow on me as well. Not a big fan of the song at this point.

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

To be honest, im not a big fan of it either. Its ok. But,, the lead-in to the start of multiball is fantastic. The guitar riffs , with a pinwoofer or sub are going to sound more amazing than they do now. Stern nailed this multiball. Is it October yet??

What is the lead in song to multiball? Smells Like Teen Spirit? I'd be okay with that.

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I do actually agree with you that the recent pros have felt like so much more than was offered with those games. Even Stranger Things pro, which really doesn't have....well......really anything that's substantively "better" or "different" than Metallica (drop targets moved to block the bash toy, and a 50 cent piece of flap metal and the motor to move it.....but plastic ramps instead of metal!) feels like it offers more because of the better sound and video assets.
I hate Jurassic Park, but there's no arguing it's a unique layout. AIQ somehow manages to bring back the feel and memories of the Williams SuperPin widebodies for me, but isn't actually a widebody, and GZ...well..... I was waiting for Elwin to outdo Iron Maiden, and I feel like he did.
The center bash target was way overrused and overdue to die. Groot was the last straw for me on those, and I don't even like the Demo on Stranger Things, but hey at least it goes through it!

He out did IM with Jurassic Park. JP is the measuring stick for Godzilla IMO.

#954 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Official flyers are available:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So does the LE have speaker lights or are those round areas just the upgraded speaker inserts?

I wish they had included the Japanese characters on the premoum/LE art as well. Odd they would put it on the pro but not the others. I think the art on the pro is the best of the three on this one.

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

And that flying drop kick by Godzilla in that movie is hilarious. The MST3K guys liked it such they put that clip in the opening credits for the rest of Joel episodes.
[quoted image]

LOL. So bad.

#1067 2 years ago

I talked to a friend this morning that said he has a Godzilla LE he will be selling NIB. If anyone is looking, PM me and I can provide you with his contact info.

Before you start hopping on me or giving me a thumbs down, this isn't me flipping or selling. I already an buying an LE elsewhere. Just offered to help a friend.

2 weeks later
#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Plot twist…you have to be a Stern inside subscriber to get the EB

Wouldn't surprise me.

2 weeks later
#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I love his attitude and obviously he has the skills to back it up and isn't gonna let the (few) naysayers outweigh all the well deserved praise. His artwork literally sells machines or, at the very least, helps sell machines. I know it played a role in me buying TMNT. But his readiness to joke about any criticism only makes me like him more.

I have never met him but he seemed to take some of the criticism he received for the GZ art pretty personally in these forums when it was introduced. Was it sarcasm and I missed it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group?tu=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.