IMG_1998 (resized).jpeg
awesome1 Thanos Attacks! Champion 362 Million (resized).JPG
IMG_1989 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cam24175.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10635 1 year ago

Does anyone know how you adjust the power settings on the flippers and other various power settings ?

#10641 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Open coin door. See 4 buttons on backside of door. Press black “Menu” button until you enter the Service Menu. Use red buttons to toggle to Adj and hit black Menu button to enter that Adj menu. Use red button to toggle to GAME for Feature Adjustments and hit black menu button to enter that one. Use left or right red buttons to scroll to Adjustment #199, 200, or 201 for the three flipper power settings. Hit the black button to enter. Use red button to change power setting value. Hit black menu button to save it. From here you can use the ted button to scroll to a different flipper or another adjustment and use the same process to set a new value.
After you’re done hit the green Service Credit button a couple times to back out of the menus, close the door, and you’re all set.

Thank you for your help !

3 months later
#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

My girlfriend has an AIQ Premium she got ~9 months ago NIB.
It looks like the Dr. Strange spinner disc lock nut came off, so the whole thing fell below the playfield by a little bit. I opened it up last night, and was able to put the lock nut back on and adjust the spinner to be level with the playfield.
However, it looks like the post rubbed against the sensor (I can see the rubber covering on it is ripped a little), and it's not recognizing when the disc spins now. When doing the "Strange Disc Test", I'm getting nothing at all, even with the sensor right next to the post.
I'm guessing this sensor board is toast? There's nothing I can do to repair it myself, right?
There's someplace to order these from Stern? I can only imagine this would not be covered by warranty, this long after purchase.

I have had that happen to me three times. I re-tightened it snugly the first time, came loose again, ruined the board. Ordered another board and this time tightened the nut with pliers, Very snugly, came loose ruined the board again. Ordered Another board and asked Stern if I could use Loctite. They said no ,it would eat into the vinyl nut. So this time I tightened the nut snugly again and the put a dab of model car paint across the nut and onto the metal shaft. It's been about 400 games now and has not come loose again. Finally found the fix. Stern knows there is a problem and have probably sent out hundreds of new boards because of it.
Shouldn't take a genius to figure out how to stop it from happening but it seems they don't care about a permanent fix or cannot figure it out. I suggested to them about maybe double nutting it but they did not respond. The sucky part is you cannot play the game without the disc registering so your dead in the water until they get another one out to you. Glad I'm not trying to make money on the pin because I wouldn't be with all the failures.

#11215 1 year ago

I ordered the precision flipper shaft bushings and did not order the metal flippers so my only modification was the shaft bushing. Before installing I tried wiggling the stock shaft in the stock plastic bushing. Lot of room to wiggle back and forth (slop). Then i slid the stock flipper shaft into the new metal bushing, big difference in slop, almost non existent. Put it all back together and immediately noticed it to be more precise and predictable than stock during play. Just seemed more solid, precise, and more powerful without the slop. I was even able to back down the flipper power a bit, maybe they will stay a little cooler that way.
I made a mistake on the initial order and didn't realize it until they came. I emailed Precision Pinball with the problem. Later that day I received a response from a fellow named John Simone. I explained my mistake to him, and unlike some distributors, he bent over backwards to make sure I was taken care of and rushed the part to me. I was ecstatic at the response and caring service I received from them. If you decide to purchase any of their products you will not be disappointed at the quality and the service from this top notch company and their staff. Kudos to them for caring !!
PS I don't know these people personally and they don't owe me anything. I just wanted to express my experience with them. Thanks

#11247 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Shaker and movie code.
Strange Sanctum upgrade is also nice for visibility

Hi. Does the movie code work when the pin has the newest version code. I would love to have different call outs and things. That is probably what this pin needs the most. Thanks

2 weeks later
#11301 1 year ago

Hi. Another pinsider sent me the link to getting replacement chips. I ordered them but they are Way to small for me to solder. Here's the link
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/726-TLV493DA1B6HTSA2
Hope that helps.

#11308 1 year ago
Quoted from Scucci_:

Thank you! I'll get a few of these ordered in so I have some on hand. If you're worried about soldering, I can take care of the soldering for you and test the board. Least I could do for the link.
I'm a little worried that the rod falling and spinning on the IC could've shorted something else on the board out, so there's no guarantee that it'll work, but I'd be more than happy to give it a try.

Hi Scucci, I appreciate the offer but I think I have found someone locally that can solder it, Roanoke ,Va area. The pinsider that told me about the chips had already repaired a couple of them and was successful. His were damaged same as mine, the rod went down far enough to eat thru a little of the chip but did not go thru and damage the circuit board itself. So evidently nothing else was shorted out. I have figured out how to stop it from coming loose so hopefully I will never need to use the 2 extra I have.

2 weeks later
#11382 1 year ago
Quoted from 12Globetrotter:

I just finshed verifying the door interlock switch again. I then traced the wires into the head board into the power distribution board. I unplugged the cable and verified the wires continuity into the plug header. Seems like its something internal to the power distribution board.
Is it posdible something in software is not disabling the 48v when I open the door?

I've got the same problem, door interlock switch not working.. anybody know whats wrong ?

1 month later
#11629 1 year ago

I was having the same problem. Ended up being the power supply board. Pretty big board with a lot of connections, surprised the interlock function is tied in with such an expensive board. Just replaced it and Bam, open the coin door and it powers her down.

2 weeks later
#11722 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Still no word or even an acknowledgement from Stern on my inquiry. I'm hoping it's just because of the show this week. I'll submit another request on Monday if I don't hear anything

I see your pictures but do not quite understand what part you are referring to that can get broken.

#11725 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Plastic # -18 Pop Bumper, above Sanctum target and below the "Extra Ball" "Add A Ball" and "Spot I-R-O-N" plastic.
See picture in this post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/235#post-7467206

I see it now, Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
8,924 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cam24175.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=cam24175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.