04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 255.
#11151 1 year ago

I was curious since I hadn't checked in a while.

I've had AIQ for just over 2 years... almost all games on it have been played by me. At most 50 - 100 by others. I do occasionally start a game over after a bad Ball 1.

Admittedly I have slowed way down on number of games I play on AIQ lately since once I "Got Good" at it, the game times are quite long. Still love the game though!

IMG_3520 (resized).JPGIMG_3520 (resized).JPGIMG_3522 (resized).JPGIMG_3522 (resized).JPG
#11152 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

... almost all games on it have been played by me. At most 50 - 100 by others.

I don’t think my wife is ever gonna come around on AIQ. It’s been a good test of “does this game hook the casual player but also have enough for the seasoned player”. She’s pretty far down the casual side, but just doesn’t like the ramp shots…which is a bit odd because she gravitates towards center shots. That said I guess I rarely make BW from an inlane vs a catch.

My pin buddy & I like it quite a bit. Need to dial in BP orbit - hell sometimes the ball seems like it just catches air entering the orbit - but unfortunately it behaves better from a catch which is the only way I can slo-mo test it without getting someone else to help. Arrived at the right time for me as I just recently finally got to Valinor on LOTR after owning for 10 years.

#11153 1 year ago

soul gem jackpot 2191m.jpgsoul gem jackpot 2191m.jpg

space gem 876m.jpgspace gem 876m.jpg

Here's how. The setup for this is Reality Gem on the left orbit with Hulk leveled up, Black Panther at level 2 (easy way is to have the Power Gem on him), and the Soul Gem on the Captain Marvel ramp with the Binary multiplier at 5x. In the Space Gem quest, for each of the three parry shots, do a combo of Widow-Gauntlet-Hawkeye (can use level-1 Mind Gem for the Hawkeye hit) to light the attack at 4x on the left orbit. Multipliers for portal locks (x3) and the Reality Gem (up to x4 though I had it at x3 here) apply also. This all multiplies the base values for the attack shots of 1M/2M/3M to as high as 48M/96M/144M.

Then the final blow is lit which scores 40% of the quest value so far at Widow or 60% at Panther. Now drain out of the multiball intentionally, and hit Change Gems to move the Reality Gem to Black Panther for x4 scoring, while still in the middle of the quest. Now that final blow scores 240% of the quest value (I got 611M for this shot here.) Then collect the Soul Gem Jackpot on the Captain Marvel ramp for 250% of *that*.

There you go awesome1 if you need a challenge

#11154 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

[quoted image]
Here's how. The setup for this is Reality Gem on the left orbit with Hulk leveled up, Black Panther at level 2 (easy way is to have the Power Gem on him), and the Soul Gem on the Captain Marvel ramp with the Binary multiplier at 5x. In the Space Gem quest, for each of the three parry shots, do a combo of Widow-Gauntlet-Hawkeye (can use level-1 Mind Gem for the Hawkeye hit) to light the attack at 4x on the left orbit. Multipliers for portal locks (x3) and the Reality Gem (up to x4 though I had it at x3 here) apply also. This all multiplies the base values for the attack shots of 1M/2M/3M to as high as 48M/96M/144M.
Then the final blow is lit which scores 40% of the quest value so far at Widow or 60% at Panther. Now drain out of the multiball intentionally, and hit Change Gems to move the Reality Gem to Black Panther for x4 scoring, while still in the middle of the quest. Now that final blow scores 240% of the quest value (I got 611M for this shot here.) Then collect the Soul Gem Jackpot on the Captain Marvel ramp for 250% of *that*.
There you go awesome1 if you need a challenge

Well done @vikingerik! Very impressive rules knowledge and in-game execution!

Intentionally draining down to 1 ball (and losing out on victory laps) and then having to get change gems and pull off two more shots to collect everything you worked so hard to setup must have been nerve wracking and then exhilarating when you pulled it off!

Wish we weren't on opposite sides of the country as I would love to play some games with you!

#11155 1 year ago

I actually wasn't that nervous. I figured if I missed it, I'd try again tomorrow. I've pulled it off a few times before, just didn't have the numbers quite that high - the biggest problem tends to be an accidental Flank Attack stealing a shot during the quest (doesn't enable the 4x, or doesn't use the Reality Gem if it collects the attack), and once I got everything except that I only had Binary at 4x. The intentional multiball drain was with the remaining ball already caught on the left flipper to aim at Change Gems. Really the hardest part was gaining control from the Ant-man feed without shooting Black Widow, since that would be the wrong final blow. I actually had Iron Man Multiball ready to start right then (the quest had been stacked with Thor) and hit it, so I had plenty of time during that to get the final blow, and then the only stressful shot was the SG jackpot itself.

#11156 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Sold my avengers and they didn’t want the topper. Anyone interested in it? Thinking $600 shipped

Still have the topper?

#11157 1 year ago

I have a NIB AIQ Stern topper. Was planning on picking up the game but then got Godzilla and Alien and am out of space. If anyone is looking for the topper, let me know. Would be cost plus shipping.

Ed

#11158 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Still have the topper?

Pm sent

#11159 1 year ago

Posted my topper if anyone is interested

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147529

#11160 1 year ago

Almost assembled!

809A8561-D215-4A13-A434-F566B91D8814 (resized).jpeg809A8561-D215-4A13-A434-F566B91D8814 (resized).jpeg
#11161 1 year ago

ASSEMBLED!

5DD83DD1-B03A-4577-9558-A2EE803E8A33 (resized).jpeg5DD83DD1-B03A-4577-9558-A2EE803E8A33 (resized).jpegF490DC7B-3CA0-4FA9-9287-601ABE052113 (resized).jpegF490DC7B-3CA0-4FA9-9287-601ABE052113 (resized).jpeg
#11162 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

ASSEMBLED!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

#11163 1 year ago

My girlfriend has an AIQ Premium she got ~9 months ago NIB.

It looks like the Dr. Strange spinner disc lock nut came off, so the whole thing fell below the playfield by a little bit. I opened it up last night, and was able to put the lock nut back on and adjust the spinner to be level with the playfield.

However, it looks like the post rubbed against the sensor (I can see the rubber covering on it is ripped a little), and it's not recognizing when the disc spins now. When doing the "Strange Disc Test", I'm getting nothing at all, even with the sensor right next to the post.

I'm guessing this sensor board is toast? There's nothing I can do to repair it myself, right?

There's someplace to order these from Stern? I can only imagine this would not be covered by warranty, this long after purchase.

#11164 1 year ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

There's someplace to order these from Stern? I can only imagine this would not be covered by warranty, this long after purchase.

Stern will help out sometimes outside of strict warranty period, esp given that this doesn’t seem like the operator’s fault (when I got my pro, it was latest build / very low plays and the locking nut was just hanging loose / the tip of the shaft was rubbing a bit against the sensor). Probably the bigger pain will be it might take them a while to get anything out to you.

#11165 1 year ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

It looks like the Dr. Strange spinner disc lock nut came off, so the whole thing fell below the playfield by a little bit. I opened it up last night, and was able to put the lock nut back on and adjust the spinner to be level with the playfield.
However, it looks like the post rubbed against the sensor (I can see the rubber covering on it is ripped a little), and it's not recognizing when the disc spins now. When doing the "Strange Disc Test", I'm getting nothing at all, even with the sensor right next to the post.
I'm guessing this sensor board is toast? There's nothing I can do to repair it myself, right?

Stern didn’t even care that I was the second owner. Stern just needed a distro to place the order for me. It was free. Fortunately I have two distros that I worked with in the past. All it took was an email with the details to a distributed and they made it happen.

Here is an earlier post of mine:

Quoted from SirMachismo:

This has been happening with portals that didn’t get their Jam Nut tightened properly at Stern, you will need to contact your distro (or a distro) to get a replacement ordered from Stern. It should be pretty easy, serial number, name, address, and that’s about it. Sadly there is no home fix for it. If the locking Jam Nut lets the rod slip down low enough to make contact with the sensor the sensor will fail very quickly. There is a key post with the service bulletin on how to level the portal and gap the rod to the sensor. Let me find the post and I will edit this post and add the link. I used post-it-notes at 1/16 thickness to gap mine. Make sure you level the portal and get the Jam nut real tight when you swap the board out.
-Lb

#11166 1 year ago

Joining on with our new pin!

28B26306-3E0E-44D6-8AF9-DDBC0656E685 (resized).jpeg28B26306-3E0E-44D6-8AF9-DDBC0656E685 (resized).jpeg9D232403-D1E9-4B55-8968-01AB28C73503 (resized).jpeg9D232403-D1E9-4B55-8968-01AB28C73503 (resized).jpegD7E00B71-3457-4EB8-BFF8-9F66E6FE07C3 (resized).jpegD7E00B71-3457-4EB8-BFF8-9F66E6FE07C3 (resized).jpeg
#11167 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Joining on with our new pin!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#11168 1 year ago

Forgive me as I am sure it's been asked before. As a new owner...

Can you get\mount\use the Fist from the Premium and use it in the pro?

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

I have had that happen to me three times. I re-tightened it snugly the first time, came loose again, ruined the board. Ordered another board and this time tightened the nut with pliers, Very snugly, came loose ruined the board again. Ordered Another board and asked Stern if I could use Loctite. They said no ,it would eat into the vinyl nut. So this time I tightened the nut snugly again and the put a dab of model car paint across the nut and onto the metal shaft. It's been about 400 games now and has not come loose again. Finally found the fix. Stern knows there is a problem and have probably sent out hundreds of new boards because of it.
Shouldn't take a genius to figure out how to stop it from happening but it seems they don't care about a permanent fix or cannot figure it out. I suggested to them about maybe double nutting it but they did not respond. The sucky part is you cannot play the game without the disc registering so your dead in the water until they get another one out to you. Glad I'm not trying to make money on the pin because I wouldn't be with all the failures.

#11170 1 year ago

Looking at the Thanos lighted eye mod from Lermods....is it worth the money? Too many times I've bought a mod for $30 just to find out that it's just a couple of Matrix pieces from Comet worth $5. Thanks

#11171 1 year ago

I’m really enjoying this game. Have had it for a month now. I wanted a game that was an easier shooter with flow and a deep rule set. This game easily fits the bill. I’ve already got games that are fast, long playing, tight shots, and quirky. So having a flow fest mainstream game adds a nice choice in my game room. Although, that left out lane sometimes drives me a bit crazy!

#11172 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New premium owner here and have read most of this forum. I was interested in trying the mirror mod for the stepper subway. Looked underneath and boy does it look like a pain to pull out. Is there a trick to removing it or is it as involved as it seems. Looks like a bunch of connectors need to be disconnected and lots of screws removed to pull the mech, solenoid and trough out.

I like the mod

Quoted from javagrind888:

Looking at the Thanos lighted eye mod from Lermods....is it worth the money? Too many times I've bought a mod for $30 just to find out that it's just a couple of Matrix pieces from Comet worth $5. Thanks

I love making my own mods with leds but I also like to support the mod makers it’s been a while but the effect on the plastic is very noticeable and looks great!

#11173 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I like the mod

I love making my own mods with leds but I also like to support the mod makers it’s been a while but the effect on the plastic is very noticeable and looks great!

Do you remember what the components of the mod are?

#11174 1 year ago

Do you remember what the components of the mod are?

Hey there. Our thanos eye mod does not utilize other manufacturers products. We use connectors that match what stern uses for their flashers and customized leds to light the eyes. It is a plug and play mod.

#11175 1 year ago

For the new to us game put in/on some mods I printed. Put in a Hulk Arm, extra ball tower ext, made my own speaker rings and added new speakers, speaker emblems.

Could not afford the topper yet so printing one , coming soon.

0D2DE2C4-D149-4453-B17B-70C1CD347960 (resized).jpeg0D2DE2C4-D149-4453-B17B-70C1CD347960 (resized).jpeg50F9BDAF-2E31-4E00-9E1F-266106B745A2 (resized).jpeg50F9BDAF-2E31-4E00-9E1F-266106B745A2 (resized).jpegAB42A483-6024-4E5E-84EB-6F2507577885 (resized).jpegAB42A483-6024-4E5E-84EB-6F2507577885 (resized).jpegAD520988-2557-43DF-8EE3-5E08427610D7 (resized).jpegAD520988-2557-43DF-8EE3-5E08427610D7 (resized).jpegD86415E7-2E1E-4266-9872-789DC9E13BEA (resized).jpegD86415E7-2E1E-4266-9872-789DC9E13BEA (resized).jpegE7737BAE-3FC3-48E2-B108-3AF7A60A7B10 (resized).jpegE7737BAE-3FC3-48E2-B108-3AF7A60A7B10 (resized).jpeg
#11176 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

For the new to us game put in/on some mods I printed. Put in a Hulk Arm, extra ball tower ext, made my own speaker rings and added new speakers, speaker emblems.
Could not afford the topper yet so printing one , coming soon.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This topper is on Thingiverse. It was easier than I thought to make. The files have links to YouTube video on how to hook up LEDs.

B4C7D4E4-6BA0-47E3-B1E3-19DBA5C93952 (resized).jpegB4C7D4E4-6BA0-47E3-B1E3-19DBA5C93952 (resized).jpeg

#11177 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This topper is on Thingiverse. It was easier than I thought to make. The files have links to YouTube video on how to hook up LEDs.
[quoted image]

what was the total print time for yours? Any lessons learned before I start

#11178 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

[quoted image]

Can you send the link, I could not find the video links.

Thanks

#11179 1 year ago

I think it's pretty cool, bought a couple of mods and this one is one of my fav...

#11180 1 year ago

One Kids beach towel is another Man's pinball machine dust cover.

Less than $15.00,
Jay Franco Marvel Avengers Air Striker Kids Bath/Pool/Beach Towel - Super Soft & Absorbent Fade Resistant Cotton Towel, Measures 28 x 58 inches (Official Marvel Product)

https://a.co/d/4kK7esE

PXL_20221214_211554666 (resized).jpgPXL_20221214_211554666 (resized).jpg
#11181 1 year ago

My boy plays 1 game and says this is straight fire, better than ijpa. He’s out of the family, poor guy.

#11182 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

what was the total print time for yours? Any lessons learned before I start

Took a long time. I had to shrink to 80% to fit my Ender 3. Probably took a week to print. Then glued it together. I bought a 12 volt Spike 2 cord from pinball life and crimped a Molex connector to the LED strip to power it.

#11183 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Can you send the link, I could not find the video links.
Thanks

This is link to video that the guy used. Shows how to make create the signs in general but also how to assemble.

#11184 1 year ago

Some observations after 10 months of AIQ premium ownership.

I did not play this game for almost 3 months and did a temporary swap with a pinball buddy.

I had chronic opto issues on the black panther orbit shot and the Dr. Strange disc had problems completely lowering. My buddy and I worked on these quite a bit. Like a lot.

Capt. Marvel ramp was like high school- too many rejections- I tried all kinds of flipper angles and settings including the Capt Marvel mod.

So I got my game back and put some precision flippers on it (not the upper one though). Now i can backhand Capt. Marvel.
Black panther opto and Dr. Strange all working. Now I can confidently know that if I line up and shoot correctly the shot will work-what a concept!

So now…I am exploring the great code and it feels like a new game. Yeah the animations aren’t awesome, but they definitely grow on you. This game is fun and there is so much more for me to discover.

#11185 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Some observations after 10 months of AIQ premium ownership.
I did not play this game for almost 3 months and did a temporary swap with a pinball buddy.
I had chronic opto issues on the black panther orbit shot and the Dr. Strange disc had problems completely lowering. My buddy and I worked on these quite a bit. Like a lot.
Capt. Marvel ramp was like high school- too many rejections- I tried all kinds of flipper angles and settings including the Capt Marvel mod.
So I got my game back and put some precision flippers on it (not the upper one though). Now i can backhand Capt. Marvel.
Black panther opto and Dr. Strange all working. Now I can confidently know that if I line up and shoot correctly the shot will work-what a concept!
So now…I am exploring the great code and it feels like a new game. Yeah the animations aren’t awesome, but they definitely grow on you. This game is fun and there is so much more for me to discover.

I'm a believer in the Precision flippers as I have a standard set on Godzilla and a set of Halos on Deadpool. In both cases I turned down the flipper power so they more closely mimic the stock flipper power. I also run DIY flipper coil fans.

I don't have Precision flippers on AIQ (do have flipper coil fans), but I do have a DIY Lexan fix on Captain Marvel ramp and I generally don't have problems with that shot.

AIQ does play better keeping it waxed, so I can see more powerful flippers helping you make shots.

I don't understand how the Precision flippers could impact your Black Panther opto or the functionality of the Dr. Strange disc though.

It's all about having fun, so glad you are able to enjoy and explore the depth of AIQ!

#11186 1 year ago

I didn't know it was possible by anyone to backhand the Capitan Marvel ramp !

#11187 1 year ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Yeah, even with a ton of power, I would think the angle is all wrong to pull this off.

Let's see a video of it! GranpaDave

#11188 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Almost assembled!
[quoted image]

Quoted from Crile1:

Took a long time. I had to shrink to 80% to fit my Ender 3. Probably took a week to print. Then glued it together. I bought a 12 volt Spike 2 cord from pinball life and crimped a Molex connector to the LED strip to power it.

Did you use black for the letters and white for the inserts?

#11189 1 year ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Yeah, even with a ton of power, I would think the angle is all wrong to pull this off.
Let's see a video of it! GranpaDave

I've been able to do it a few times myself, but not from a cradle or from a ball rolling down the flipper... essentially a ball coming towards the right flipper from the right and you get a solid backhand shot on it at just the right angle. More luck than anything I would say.

#11190 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've been able to do it a few times myself, but not from a cradle or from a ball rolling down the flipper... essentially a ball coming towards the right flipper from the right and you get a solid backhand shot on it at just the right angle. More luck than anything I would say.

Well crap I don’t get off work for an hour. I want to go home now and spend the next few hours trying to backhand the Captains Marvel ramp.

My lady friend, “Did you feed the dogs?”

SirMachismo, “Not yet, I am working on hitting this ramp!”
{SirMachismo’s internal monologue}
Maybe, it’s not level left to right…is my angle too steep. Do I suck at this? I may not eat tonight either, I need another drink.

#11191 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I don’t have precision flippers, but I do backhand the Thor shot during Soul Gem. You just cradle, release for a second, and then jam it. So, it is possible, but would def need fresh wax

#11192 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Did you use black for the letters and white for the inserts?

yep.

#11193 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

[quoted image]

You convinced me. Had it saved on Thingiverse forever. Just started printing it this morning.

#11194 1 year ago
Quoted from suave84:

You convinced me. Had it saved on Thingiverse forever. Just started printing it this morning.

Good luck. Wasn’t as tough as I thought. Tip is when you thread the LED strips, make sure you go all the way from A to S then double back to the beginning. So much easier.

#11196 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

I don’t have precision flippers, but I do backhand the Thor shot during Soul Gem. You just cradle, release for a second, and then jam it. So, it is possible, but would def need fresh wax

Thor for sure, that's a repeatable backhand shot from a cradle. I don't have Precision flippers on AIQ either and use that shot quite a bit.

#11197 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thor for sure, that's a repeatable backhand shot from a cradle. I don't have Precision flippers on AIQ either and use that shot quite a bit.

Thor is an obvious backhand. We're talking about backhanding the Capt. Marvel ramp with the precision flipper kit installed.

#11198 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Thor is an obvious backhand. We're talking about backhanding the Capt. Marvel ramp with the precision flipper kit installed.

I know - read my previous responses above.

#11199 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I know - read my previous responses above.

Whoops, sorry I think I meant to quote the comment before you!

#11200 1 year ago

I’ve mentioned it before on other threads but if your on the fence about the precision flippers start with the bushing and keep the regular flippers. If you can always upgrade the shafts and bats later but I think the bushing make a big difference by themselves.

Full disclosure I haven’t tried the halos, people say they are more controllable but I found the full solid flippers too bouncy for my liking. I’m did not have on low bounce rubbers though so YMMV.

I think AIQ would be a perfect game for this upgrade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.