stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#316 6 years ago

First time I have encountered or seen you guys on Pinside - though I don't wander all the threads. I have watched various episodes of you guys using Youtube.
Enjoy your videos quite a bit. I didn't know how you were going to talk for an hour about first impressions of GOTG - but you did it well. Nice job.

7 months later
#1565 5 years ago

Zach - don't worry about the ketchup on a dog. It's ok. Think of it as a mod. You mod your machines, so you can mod your food too. Might make it better for you, but doesn't necessarily add value. But it's ok. ( I don't mod my machines, but I do mod my food. Ketchup on dogs is alright )

Enjoyed episode 63.

1 week later
#1582 5 years ago

Just watched your top 10 ramps episode. Probably a bunch more could be put at least in the honorable mention category.

Game of Thrones ball lock ramp would be one of mine. Shooting a single ball from the lock, back up the ramp and back to the lock again and repeating this while it doesn't accomplish a lot, still can be pretty fun if you hit four or five in a row. The physical ball lock with sword is neat. Maybe this makes it in your top 10 Ball Locks if not the top 10 ramps ?

Also liked this episode in that I didn't have to spend an hour watching it. Shorter episodes are ok ! Zach probably was hungry and wanted to shoot a quick episode so he could have some hot dogs and ketchup - that's ok too.

Enjoyed the episode.

#1611 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha he always wants them longer. I for one like a good 45min episode

Yes 30 to 45 minutes is fine - it also gives you time to yell at the neighbors too !

By the way - the Best part of almost all the episodes are those faces you make, pretty much prompted by what Zach says
I'd make faces too...

#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Green screen we have thought about but worry about it being a bit hokey and we already have Greg for that.

Green screen is for weathermen. NO Green screen - but more Greg is good.

#1638 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Is is though? Is it? Hahaha

More Greg would be better than Green Screen. Green Screen is for weatherman. You guys would be bad at doing the weather.........Stick with Pinball.

You are ok too Zach - but Greg is what makes the show go ! He is quite entertaining.

Hey how about a top 10 hot dog list ? Have you ever had Usingers ? Top of the list.

#1640 5 years ago

Usingers are always excellent. But today I threw a package of Cher-Make 12 oz natural casing weiners in the shopping cart. Just had a couple for lunch - they are really good too. Also made in Wisconsin. I'd put these in the top 10 too.

Zach and Greg come up to Wisconsin and drop in, we'll do the top 10 hot dog list.

http://www.cher-make.com/products/category/id/1/

https://www.usinger.com/deli/link-products/same-as-wieners-except-longer-in-length.html

Note : I am not a paid endorser for any weiner companies. These are excellent hit dogs !

2 weeks later
#1751 5 years ago

Oh no Toto - we must have landed in Indiana.

I'm with Greg - Zach as Dorthy is super creepy.

#1753 5 years ago

No, that isn't so far off.

#1757 5 years ago

You guys do a good job and are entertaining too.

#1774 5 years ago

I wouldn't sweat any of it. Opinions vary. I watch you guys for the entertainment. And yes there are some good nuggets of information too.

#1833 5 years ago

Give the arguements a rest guys. Go play some pinball or drink some beer or something. Or do both - that's why they invented pingulps.

#1836 5 years ago

Have a beer and play a pin - you'll feel better.

Both you Pinheads.

#1844 5 years ago

Buy a Vowel

1 week later
#1865 5 years ago

Episode 68 - that was fun to watch. Neat episode and a neat place.

1 week later
#1883 5 years ago

Voted for team Greg.

Sorry Zach. But you do get points for eating Hot Dogs with Ketchup. Sort a A close 2nd.

Greg's faces and expressions make the show.

#1887 5 years ago

Yeah, they are both good guys. But Zach is off the beaten path sometimes. Greg's assessments of games line up closer to my opinions. Greg articulates himself better also, and of course I enjoy his expressions.

Zach does have a nice untrained pallette though when it comes to food, which is a good thing to have when playing pinball.

#1890 5 years ago

Zachs only secret is he's tried Mustard on Hot Dogs.

#1892 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m open minded and not afraid to try new things, but mustard never again

I am with you on that. No mustard.

3 weeks later
#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got to play Deadpool tonight. Love the shots. Back to back unique games with this and Maiden. The lock sword shot is tough but so satisfying when you hit it right. And you have to hit it just right.
Even though I didn’t get too much into it, really liked how it was setup. Can’t wait to play some more.

I have found the sword shot tough too, but it is doable. I have found I get one or two balls locked per game. Getting a third one is tough, but have gotten into Ninja multiball a few times.

2 weeks later
#2601 5 years ago

Every one is entitled to there opinion for sure. But I respectfully have to disagree.
I feel whole hartedly that if the show would have remained the way it was we wouldn’t have half the viewers. No one wants crappy quality video or sound. We got numerous complaints in the beginning about sound. So we worked on it, made it better and still working to make it better.
On the other hand the one complement we recieved from the beginning and continue to receive is we are entertaing. So we continue to try and bring that. Zach’s mail man watches almost every show and the guy doesn’t know the first thing about pins! My wife watches at work some times with her co workers! The entertainment aspect brings in people and helps make the hobby fun and continue to grow. There are plenty of podcast just talking Pinball. We want a Visually entertaining show. We want people who are not familiar with a certain pin to see it, feel like they know the the pin without even touching it. While at the same time having a good laugh and making their shit day better!
Our sponsors make this possible. Without them it wouldn’t be possible to grow. We don’t get subscribers or bits because we’re not on Twitch much! (Thank you chuck wert for all your streaming) So our main source of any revenue is sponsors and shirts. There is not a form of media any where that you won’t find advertising in. It’s not in either of us to stay stagnant. We will always try to evolve and be the best show we can be!

Yes - you are entertaining and I appreciate good sound and video quality. I agree a little bit with Who Dey though - a little bit. Tired of hearing about one advertiser in particular at the beginning of each segment. But I can live with it if it keeps you guys out of the poor house. Sell more T-shirts I guess. I could send Zach a package of hot dogs if money gets tight and he needs food on the table.

By the way, besides your mom, I am one of the guys that voted for you Greg. The facial expressions you make when Zach says goofy stuff is priceless. It's half the reason I watch the show along with the pinball talk. You are usually more on the mark for ratings on the machines too. Zach gets out in left field sometimes. But it's ok, it gives you something to work off of and us the viewers a reason to spit up our coffee, beer or other beverage depending when we are watching. Keep up the good work and fun.

#2676 5 years ago

100% agree!!!!! Code made the pin! I think because it looks bare and people have the preconceived notion that’s it’s complicated they give up on it to easy or just skip it. My goal all fall is to get people on Star Wars and Houdini! And what’s really odd is those two are the family’s favorite pins too. You should see my 7yr old shoot both of them ha ha. There not epic games but she gets things done!

I think my Star Wars is Great and I agree on that one.

I have been tempted a couple times on Houdini but I'm still fairly leary on getting one.

Better save my space and $ for Munsters which will be a must have for me, and Elvira also when ever it comes out.

#2678 5 years ago

I have a Pro and it is really nice. Premium are nice too if you want that loop - kind of reminds me of Nascar though. Everybody has there own preference.

Star Wars in any configuration is fine.

#2679 5 years ago

I have a feeling Octoberfest is going to be an even better effort by American Pinball. They probably learned some things from Houdini....

#2685 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Houdini could have been a masterpiece very easily if it wasnt such a brickfest. The game is beautiful and the modes are really fun also seems like but the shots are just too tight. Some people may like that but most people dont.

I am going to have to probably agree with you. Unless you are a really good player. I watched a little of Bone playing during the stream yesterday late afternoon/early evening. I am probably not a good enough player. I don't like to cradle and shoot. I am more of a flow and shoot fast and reactionary player, playing off what the game gives me vs holding and shooting. Houdini would probably break my heart if I tired to change how I play just to play that particular machine. Everything else about the game looks wonderful, but I think speaking for myself I might be in over my head on Houdini for my style of play.

2 months later
#3364 5 years ago

Thanks to Bubble head for serving his country. Really - Thank You. Thanks to all who have served.

Anybody that has been on a sub that long isn't going to be totally "just right" afterwards. Probably will say some goofy stuff.

Deserves a pass.

Dive Dive Dive

#3365 5 years ago

Anybody remember the TV show Voyage to The Bottom of the Sea ? Maybe that could be a good pin.

4 months later
#4049 4 years ago

Bought a game from Zach at MGC yesterday. Had a good time talking etc, too. We had a few very spontaneous comedic moments. Enjoyable time.

Yeah Yeah Yeah - right Zach ?

Look out Bone - if you stay home too often, I could at least wind up being your stand in given the right circumstances.

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Never trust a guy from Wisconsin Zach!

What ? I even told Zach where to buy the best Weiners and Brats on the planet ! Usingers, just blocks from MGC.
Next year Zach is going to make sure he has a cooler and go home with it filled.

Zach and I had a good time. It could have been a STDM episode. No foolin. All we maybe needed was to have Greg there to make his usual faces.

#4063 4 years ago

I'm with Zach on Ketchup - it's Ok on dogs.

Usingers Weiners are so good though they don't need any condiments. Just a good bun.

By the way, Everything that Usingers makes is world class !

1 month later
#4272 4 years ago

Shared this with Zach last week. Thought of him when I was at Usingers stocking up on Weiners , Brats and more.

Next time you are in Milwaukee Zach I'm taking you to Usingers. Bring along your cooler.

IMG_2576 (resized).JPGIMG_2576 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am with Greg on the artwork but the game is so good that its insane. Stern is going to sell lots and lots of these games!

I am in the same boat on artwork too. Artwork ok, but I thought it would look different too like Bone said. Does look like the game will shoot and play well from the stream. A combo of some easier shots and some harder ones with a good variety of shots to shoot for.

Playfield look reminds me a bit of a kids board game, but in person maybe it's snappier in appearance.

3 weeks later
#4662 4 years ago

Nice unboxing video for Greg's dream theme. Good job. You must have edited out the scene with Zach on the toilet...

#4665 4 years ago

Ha ha thank you sir

Zach wanted to do that scene sooooo bad!

Porta a Potty in your yard would have impressed the neighbors - especially when the walls fell down and there is Zach dropping kids in the pool.

1 week later
#4714 4 years ago

I hear that lately there on issues with the frosting on the cake. Waiting on answers back from the bakery.

1 month later
#4822 4 years ago

Agree with Zach - I was surprised how nice the game shot. Played a number of games at Expo. It only took the first game or two and that was immediately apparent. I knew it would be good, but it shoots very, very, well. Full schwing .

#4824 4 years ago

ZMeny - also met your wife and chatted very briefly in JJ's party room at Expo. I didn't see Greg's mom though. Or at least nobody with vendor ID that said Greg's Mom on it.

4 weeks later
#4835 4 years ago

Good video.

@ ZMeny - Hey, I was watching some football yesterday. When did you start playing quarterback for the Bears ? That guy kinda looks like you.

1 week later
#4840 4 years ago

Nah - more like Trubisky (Da Bears - Flippin Out Footballs )
zach meny (resized).jpgzach meny (resized).jpg

#4842 4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Zach wearing a helmet on the next episode of SDTM .

#4844 4 years ago

I want to see Greg's Mom on an episode ! Referee. Can't wait a year to figure it out though.

Maybe it's a This or That - Zach : Trubisky or Eli

#4846 4 years ago

Yep - that's Zach. Same expression he had the first time somebody told him not to put ketchup on hot dogs.

4 weeks later
#4892 4 years ago

The drive in movie theater screen smack in the middle and the plant vagina behind it kills any want for me to play it. The plant vagina is just scary and I can't unsee it. Hearing that this is a SDTM shooter if you try to shoot the shot to kill the PV doesn't sound like much fun.

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Haha I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, specializing in psychological evaluation.

That's pretty crazy !

I would have guessed mixologist before psychologist....

#4906 4 years ago

I wonder what HIS psychologist says about his crush on Greg's mom.

#4908 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's a good question that I have no answers for.

That's because you are more of a pinballolgist than a psychologist.

2 months later
#4961 3 years ago

I will watch the latest episode soon. Good to see there is a new episode to watch. Thanks.

Hope everybody is good - especially Greg's mom.

2 months later
#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sorry everybody, we were asked to pull the first video and maybe the second because someone wasn’t happy about it. Full transparency, we were asked to the videos and had approval to air today.

Whew .... Thanks for the explanation. I thought it becoming private had something to do with you and Greg's mom or something. ha ha ha

#5075 3 years ago

Enjoyed the videos, especially the impressions one. The game does have nice art that pops. Vibrant. Cabinet and playfield look good and true to the theme.

6 months later
#5389 3 years ago

Sounds like R2D2 is doing call outs.

Edit : Actually it's C3PO - got my droids mixed up.

Anyway these are not the calls your looking for.

1 week later
#5466 3 years ago

Over rated list episode was pretty good. List could be easily doubled . There are are a number of games that fall in the over rated category that people fawn over or seek out and really they are just pretty average or even below average games when you have played them a few times. Some of these are the ones that bring money because of their over rated reputations or because of rarity. You guys hit those points.

Good episode.

3 months later
#5619 2 years ago

Curious as to what pins hit the D and F range for you? And I’m not saying just simply giving a single letter but based on every category!

Question not directed at me, but I will give an answer ...

I have only encountered one pin I'd put in the D or F range.... Dominos Pizza - Only game I ever played that was painful to finish playing even one game. Your mileage may vary.

I actually liked playing WWE and had that one for awhile. I can see you guys reviewing that one, with each of you just wearing wrestling trunks.

WWE was actually fun when I had it and guests enjoyed playing it after they figured out what to do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.