bean.gif
it.gif
stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 125.
#5551 3 years ago

Awesome review as always, your show is special.

#5552 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Good vid on TMNT Zach and Greg. Thought it was one of your most objective and balanced reviews yet. I really enjoy the way this one shoots more than expected - both pro and premium. Borg and Dwight took it back up a notch.

Hey thanks Vino that’s very kind bud! And yeah totally agree with you that this is a shooter for sure. It’s so damn mean and pisses me off mostly, but that makes the payoff even better

#5553 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Awesome review as always, your show is special.

Ahhhhhh and yeah we are special that’s for sure hahaha

#5554 3 years ago

Thanks for the detailed review! Zach and Greg you guys are sort of why I got into this hobby...was considering buying a pin and randomly found your channel and got hooked! Just love the videos and reviews. Two points: My kids would watch more if less f-bombs AND I agree with all of the TMNT ratings with the exception of Zach's C on animations...overly punitive! I could possibly see a B-
Keep the reviews coming boys!

#5555 3 years ago

Great review as always! I have had my Turtles since day 1 and I had the same experience. After a week or two I absolutely hated it and regretted getting it. It was pissing me off so much that I just couldn't play it. Finally stopped being a baby and got on it and really learned the layout and all the bounces. My god the game just opens up and is a freaking blast! Code is awesome and very challenging to get to Cowabunga. Almost impossible really. Def doable in Coop mode though. Zach, if you say that the art is prob the best pinball art out there then why not an A+? What would make it an A+ for you? Also don't agree with the Lair shot being flawed. It is not flawed. It's just a shot none of us have really experienced. I spent about 2 hours one day just picking Leonardo and shooting that lair shot from my right flipper. Towards the end I was making the shot 95% of the time. I can easily backhand it with a roll (if its just one ball) and shoot it from the right flipper. Never really have any issues with it anymore. Way easier to backhand it if you have two balls cradled on the left flipper. The center shot can be a bit funky and is at a weird angle. Greg is absolutely right in that you can hit that post from the left flipper and it will somehow find its way in the pizza parlor. Sometimes hitting that shot with the right flipper can be so smooth that it just glides in there and it feels great. I would say def a little harsh on Zachs animation take but I get it. I like it a lot and thought the team did great for the time and resources they had. Sure it could be better but its def not something that will bring the game down at all. Love our Turtles! I will say though that it is very hard to get people to play this game with me. Pinball friends walk up with a notion that its bad and so they cant get into it and non pinball people don't play it cause it is just too brutal and complicated for a game. I do have a few people that do get it and it is a blast playing coop with them.

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks for the detailed review! Zach and Greg you guys are sort of why I got into this hobby...was considering buying a pin and randomly found your channel and got hooked! Just love the videos and reviews. Two points: My kids would watch more if less f-bombs AND I agree with all of the TMNT ratings with the exception of Zach's C on animations...overly punitive! I could possibly see a B-
Keep the reviews coming boys!

Thanks man! Filtering the Bone is tough but we can try to beep those bombs. We love raunchy innuendo though so we may struggle a bit at creating kid-friendly content haha

#5557 3 years ago

Great review as always! Had you guys on the big screen while working on some pins. By the end of the video I realized I didn’t get any shit done that I intended to! Keep up the great work and love the adult content - stick to it!

AD0C3134-C43E-4C0D-BCAA-6FD06BFB0570 (resized).jpegAD0C3134-C43E-4C0D-BCAA-6FD06BFB0570 (resized).jpeg
#5558 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Great review as always! I have had my Turtles since day 1 and I had the same experience. After a week or two I absolutely hated it and regretted getting it. It was pissing me off so much that I just couldn't play it. Finally stopped being a baby and got on it and really learned the layout and all the bounces. My god the game just opens up and is a freaking blast! Code is awesome and very challenging to get to Cowabunga. Almost impossible really. Def doable in Coop mode though. Zach, if you say that the art is prob the best pinball art out there then why not an A+? What would make it an A+ for you? Also don't agree with the Lair shot being flawed. It is not flawed. It's just a shot none of us have really experienced. I spent about 2 hours one day just picking Leonardo and shooting that lair shot from my right flipper. Towards the end I was making the shot 95% of the time. I can easily backhand it with a roll (if its just one ball) and shoot it from the right flipper. Never really have any issues with it anymore. Way easier to backhand it if you have two balls cradled on the left flipper. The center shot can be a bit funky and is at a weird angle. Greg is absolutely right in that you can hit that post from the left flipper and it will somehow find its way in the pizza parlor. Sometimes hitting that shot with the right flipper can be so smooth that it just glides in there and it feels great. I would say def a little harsh on Zachs animation take but I get it. I like it a lot and thought the team did great for the time and resources they had. Sure it could be better but its def not something that will bring the game down at all. Love our Turtles! I will say though that it is very hard to get people to play this game with me. Pinball friends walk up with a notion that its bad and so they cant get into it and non pinball people don't play it cause it is just too brutal and complicated for a game. I do have a few people that do get it and it is a blast playing coop with them.

Great takes there! For me, the art is great and maybe it does deserve an A+. I could have explained this better, but the composition of the LE backglass was not my favorite and felt a bit cramped, compared to the Pro and Prem backglass art. I also struggle a hair with such different color schemes on each side of the cab. I would prefer similar color tone but different scenes on each side if that makes sense. It’s why I loathe Star Wars Prem cab art. Space on one side and land on the other, yuck.

I hear ya on the Lair argument but I just think merry could be better. I’m good with a tough shot, I’m actually great with tough shots (we love Houdini), but nothing that important should be more difficult than the Houdini milkcan shot.

#5559 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Great review as always! Had you guys on the big screen while working on some pins. By the end of the video I realized I didn’t get any shit done that I intended to! Keep up the great work and love the adult content - stick to it!
[quoted image]

Oh shit! That’s awesome. I don’t know what looks better, those beautiful men about the machines or that most excellent lineup! Whew that’s five-piece that’s hard to beat.

#5560 3 years ago

Great review of TMNT! Only thing i disagree on is Lair shot, its perfect and fits the pin exactly as it should. Games tough why would you want a gimmie shot? Pro is pulling up the slack in the rankings here which is unusual but just shows how great the Pro is. NO other game has lasted this long in my small collection this long without being on the chopping block. I love how pissed it can make me then turn around and have the most adrenaline fueled fun ever with the in your face speed and Dwights badass code. This game separates the bullshitters from the true players! I love my PROLE(pro with LE color armor)

How about a LW3 full review since its you guys #1 underrated pin.

#5561 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Great review of TMNT! Only thing i disagree on is Lair shot, its perfect and fits the pin exactly as it should. Games tough why would you want a gimmie shot? Pro is pulling up the slack in the rankings here which is unusual but just shows how great the Pro is. NO other game has lasted this long in my small collection this long without being on the chopping block. I love how pissed it can make me then turn around and have the most adrenaline fueled fun ever with the in your face speed and Dwights badass code. This game separates the bullshitters from the true players! I love my PROLE(pro with LE color armor)
How about a LW3 full review since its you guys #1 underrated pin.

I think the Lair shot is awesome. You have to slow it down....way down and try to make it. Use either flipper. It's perfect.

#5562 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think the Lair shot is awesome. You have to slow it down....way down and try to make it. Use either flipper. It's perfect.

Exactly! I seen some of your posts about TMNT and were in the same boat 100%. Fantastic game that makes you a better player!

#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks man! Filtering the Bone is tough but we can try to beep those bombs. We love raunchy innuendo though so we may struggle a bit at creating kid-friendly content haha

Haha it's all good! Just keep the content flowing...not kidding after work yesterday me and my older son watched your review of TMNT with a bowl of popcorn. SDTM competes with Disney+ in our house...when Bone is behaving that is.

#5564 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Haha it's all good! Just keep the content flowing...not kidding after work yesterday me and my older son watched your review of TMNT with a bowl of popcorn. SDTM competes with Disney+ in our house...when Bone is behaving that is.

This Is The SDTM Way

Or

SDTMVision

#5565 3 years ago

I only watched a few minutes (up until the breakdown) before I decided to save it to watch with a friend tomorrow but I gotta say the new ad edit at the top was sweet, I see you Meny!
For my money your the best and my personal favorite "schill" in the game! #noshade (Haters gon hate)
And Gregs shirt is drug free but still dope.
(See what I did there)
I'll holla tomorraw, excited to see how our takes match up on this one.

#5566 3 years ago

For the record I don't consider you a schill lol.
Not to beat a dead horse but I really like your enthusiasm towards pinball, and if someone considers that schilling because you happen to be a distributor so be it, from what I can tell you were the same before you acquired FNOP.
Just didn't want my previous comment interpreted wrong as I was clearly drunk posting that night haha.

As for TMNT, I agree with most of the assessment.
I went through a couple stages with this game, I was in love with the art and theme when it showed up and the gameplay was fun at first, then after the moon eyes wore off a little I was bummed that it really wasn't clicking for me gameplay wise and got frustrated with it.

It wasn't the code (which is great) it was the layout. Then a switch flipped, I found all the shots the game opened up and wow!
When you are grooving this game can really flow, its hard but necessary to slow it down sometimes.
I thought I would hate the new theme song and the callouts but they are actually really good, they don't bother me at all and I'm a big TMNT fan.
The only thing I really disagree with you on is the animations, while I agree that they would have been better off and could've done more with 2D, I think this might some of sterns best work in the department! (GASP!)
I love the screen work!
Maybe my bar is too low but its a pinball machine not a video game and certainly doesn't get the timeline that a video game or a cartoon gets to produce the final product.

Got to crack into the co-op and challenge modes with my buddy and we had a blast, it took the fun factor of this pin to another level.

All in all its a great game for the home environment, not sure I would love it as much on location but I feel the same way about star wars and that's one of my favorite games.

And man is it pretty!

1 week later
#5567 3 years ago

NEW SDTM EPISODE!!!
NEW GAME!!!
NEW FOCUS!!!

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Arcade Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay (Raw Thrills, 2020)

#5568 3 years ago

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Gameplay w/Direct Capture

Are you a good shot? What’s your favorite animal to hunt? Have you ever completed the Trifecta One-Shot Kill on a run?

#5569 3 years ago

NEW SDTM DIRECT CAPTURE GAMEPLAY VIDEO

Zach plays some Terminator: Salvation on the Big Buck Hunter Reloaded arcade machine by Raw Thrills

How far can you get on three lives?

Purchase a Big Buck Hunter Reloaded for your home today!

Flip N Out Pinball
flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected]

#5570 3 years ago

SDTM Gameplay: In Case Of Monsters - Lost Island on the Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Arcade Machine (Raw Thrills, 2020)

More BBHR gameplay and again, we practice the SDTM Rule - 3 LIVES ONLY!

How far can you get on 3 lives?

Purchase your Big Buck Hunter Reloaded, packed with games, from Flip N Out Pinball

#5571 3 years ago

SDTM Zach tries the Big Buck Hunter HARD MODE - Zombie Deer (Head Shots Only!)

Spoiler Alert: This Mode Is Freakin' HARD

How well do you handle the Zombie Deerpocalypse?!

Your gameroom needs a Raw Thrills arcade or two or 10

Purchase yours at Flip N Out Pinball today!
flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected]

1 month later
#5572 2 years ago

Damn this topper is UNREAL!!!

Check out the Ultimate Upside Down Edition of Stranger Things Pinball

#5574 2 years ago

I dont get it, whom's load was that?

#5576 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn this topper is UNREAL!!!
Check out the Ultimate Upside Down Edition of Stranger Things Pinball

When will stern ship you some more for us who preordered with you?

#5577 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

When will stern ship you some more for us who preordered with you?

Tons on order and we are hoping they continue making them quickly and not waiting

#5578 2 years ago

SDTM: Super Chexx Pro Bubble Hockey Arcade Unboxing & Gameplay

#5579 2 years ago

New SDTM!
Avengers: Infinity Quest Pinball Machine Review (Stern, 2020)

What’s your thoughts after playing Stern’s AIQ?

#5580 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

New SDTM!
Avengers: Infinity Quest Pinball Machine Review (Stern, 2020)
What’s your thoughts after playing Stern’s AIQ?

B+ from Greg.

SHOCKING!

#5581 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

B+ from Greg.
SHOCKING!

I mean, Greg seems like a nice guy, but fuck these reviews are predictable.

#5582 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, Greg seems like a nice guy, but fuck these reviews are predictable.

I bust his balls too, but honestly, I can’t beat him up too much because it’s tough not to have a total for contemporary machines that doesn’t come up in the B range. Everyone try it using our rating scale, no need to show anyone, but it’s damn tough.

#5583 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I bust his balls too, but honestly, I can’t beat him up too much because it’s tough not to have a total for contemporary machines that doesn’t come up in the B range. Everyone try it using our rating scale, no need to show anyone, but it’s damn tough.

Munsters makes a sub-B score easy. WWE was sub-B as well. They are out there, and not that long ago.

Next.

#5584 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Munsters makes a sub-B score easy. WWE was sub-B as well. They are out there, and not that long ago.
Next.

We haven’t reviewed WWE yet but that may be fun.

#5585 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We haven’t reviewed WWE yet but that may be fun.

Maybe do it from the corner of the Stern warehouse still stuffed with unsold WWE Pro and LE machines they have to give away as prizes to move them onesie-twosie. That would be fun.

#5586 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I watch not for the points/rating but the conversation regarding the rating. Very well thought out back and forth. I also like the Bone Mom jokes as well

#5587 2 years ago

Honestly curious how you guys say the callous are bad but then give a C and a C+? What would it take to get into the D or F range?

#5588 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Honestly curious how you guys say the callous are bad but then give a C and a C+? What would it take to get into the D or F range?

America's most haunted. Some loud. Some soft. Some distorted. 70% funny. 30% cringe.

#5589 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

TWD voice actor could have done all of the callouts lol. All I know is I cringe every time I hear the "We are going binary" callout from Black Widow in AIQ. What does that even mean?

#5590 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

For me it would take minimal sound work, really annoying music and the majority of callouts were tough to make out or the same 4 call outs over and over. Otherwise it’s more of a C like in avengers. The music doesn’t annoy, it just isn’t dynamic, and the call outs are dry but not repetitive or offensive

#5591 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Next.

Munsters has some really good redeeming qualities about it. That’s what makes giving something a c or less so difficult. Great art, really good layout and shots, call outs are good, theme is good, code not so much! So when your working on a grading scale it’s difficult once you average all of those things, good and bad. And ultimately it’s like we tell people all the time. It’s about the individual grades and the discussion. Not necessarily the final grade, because call outs may be shit and animations may be shit, and that knocks a pretty good pin to a B on the final grade but those two things don’t mean a whole lot to that person so it’s basically an A pin to them. Hopefully that makes sense ha ha.
Now WWE is a different story!!!!!

#5592 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Pretty much you have to go on a 3 point scale with their reviews. A is best. B is average and C is hot garbage. D and F dont exist, essentially, on their scale.

#5593 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Pretty much you have to go on a 3 point scale with their reviews. A is best. B is average and C is hot garbage. D and F dont exist, essentially, on their scale.

Curious as to what pins hit the D and F range for you? And I’m not saying just simply giving a single letter but based on every category!

#5594 2 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Curious as to what pins hit the D and F range for you? And I’m not saying just simply giving a single letter but based on every category!

Like the example given. They straight up hated the sound. C+. That means that this god awful sound is above average for them. They're incapable of giving a D or F.

For me... artwork, for instance on stranger things or led zeplin would be a D, at best. I find them below average. Callouts for Avengers is also a D. Not sure what would get an F. Maybe the cab art for Alien gets an F. There literally is no effort put into it.

But these guys hate on stuff and they still give good grades. Or, good grades on an academic level. That's why you have to assume C is failing and A is awesome.

Edit: to answer your question there are a lot of games I'd give a D or F. Rescue 911: F. Southpark: D-. There are some turds out there for sure.

#5595 2 years ago

Having owned XMen it just caught me off guard when Greg said these are worse in his opinion and then graded a C+. C to me would mean average, and XMen is borderline an F in my book (and I really like that game overall). I get there are personal and professional interests at bay here and that's fine.

#5596 2 years ago

I owned an Xmen as well and those callouts were worse. But the modified callouts for that machine were very good (from the cartoon).

AIQ callouts are blah but not necessarily distracting, Xmen were distracting.

#5597 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Having owned XMen it just caught me off guard when Greg said these are worse in his opinion and then graded a C+. C to me would mean average, and XMen is borderline an F in my book (and I really like that game overall). I get there are personal and professional interests at bay here and that's fine.

"Look on me XMEN for I'm your oldest and deadliest foe"

"It's time to go binary"

DAMN lol

#5598 2 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Munsters has some really good redeeming qualities about it. That’s what makes giving something a c or less so difficult. Great art, really good layout and shots, call outs are good, theme is good, code not so much! So when your working on a grading scale it’s difficult once you average all of those things, good and bad. And ultimately it’s like we tell people all the time. It’s about the individual grades and the discussion. Not necessarily the final grade, because call outs may be shit and animations may be shit, and that knocks a pretty good pin to a B on the final grade but those two things don’t mean a whole lot to that person so it’s basically an A pin to them. Hopefully that makes sense ha ha.
Now WWE is a different story!!!!!

XMEN callouts are a D- or F+. Shitty Beast is not a C, or even C-. All the rest are terrible, too. One of the worst offenses against modern pinball ever sold. Layout is a lazy C, at best, too. It's another Borg mirrored shot map (see: Tron) with more complicated ramps.

You really need to use the whole rating range for it to mean anything. If the worst stuff is still a C, why bother with letter grades at all?

#5599 2 years ago

I think the review is pretty much spot on with regard to the call outs. They are not terrible or offensive, just disappointingly flat - which means they don't generate any excitement. They aren't something that drive you nuts and make you want to turn the sound off.

Also there's just simply not enough and I think it needs more. It seems like there's a lot of time spent hitting the ball around where its just playing the music and you aren't getting much audio feedback/cues, so it all feels a bit.. i dunno, empty. When I'm combo-ing ramps there's hardly any real indication for example. I'm really hoping they add more as the code comes along because for me its the only thing lacking on this pin at the moment.

I mean take Deadpool at the other end of the scale - every time you hit a ramp, orbit, target, there's some great audio feedback to go with it - usually Deadpool making some comment or one of the other characters and it just makes it that bit more immersive and action packed.

#5600 2 years ago

Watched the entire AIQ video review, thanks Zach and Greg, great info. I've been debating between an AIQ Premium and GNR LE, both are a lot of fun. The layout on AIQ is cool but like you said Zach there's just something about the rules that don't pull me in. The entire ruleset seems primarily focused on points for tournament versus creating a deep story based ruleset with a variety of objective based modes. The atmosphere of the game and mode choreography (animations, music, callouts, etc timed to shots) on AIQ is lacking in my opinion, especially compared to GNR. The AIQ callouts are just average and the presentation of animations comes across as a bit outdated with basically static images flying across the screen. As of today I'm going with GNR LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.