1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,093 posts
  • 255 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 minutes ago by anathematize
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“*NEW* SDTM Episode 78: The Seminar/TWIP & SDTM/LIVE This Or That/NEW SEGMENT”

• Team Greg 45 votes
      33%
    • Team Zach 29 votes
      21%
    • Neither 15 votes
      11%
    • One cannot pick between Abbott or Costello 46 votes
      34%

(135 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hype_train_Munsters (resized).jpg
    B14848F1-E622-4298-92FB-F6BD0AD578DA (resized).jpeg
    DC84AA9C-7660-485A-BE84-77E40F64FE0A (resized).jpeg
    41E29147-E8B9-4DB6-BD1D-17C2387858C3 (resized).jpeg
    5DC98C78-661A-45B9-AE53-07A852068149 (resized).jpeg
    7A5E97FD-D727-41CC-8253-9441A68225ED.jpeg
    B0FB79AC-5B25-4C4A-A595-13E5A5A7CF7B (resized).jpeg
    5FB57CE0-1915-4572-BDBA-7BFECC2D5C6F.jpeg
    09AD1A86-5CA2-4A48-BC97-177B2CF4BD2A (resized).jpeg
    3C23AF64-DCEF-461C-B75F-3884DE901C87 (resized).jpeg
    9BEB3AFD-D431-49A0-94D7-22A9B72D9027 (resized).jpeg
    B8C241EB-8EE2-44B9-8B9D-F7AE25198BA9 (resized).png
    8EE2BCE9-0303-4FC7-832A-D7C8A7501E3C (resized).jpeg
    85B7CF72-2E4D-489A-B423-9AD8D70B04A9 (resized).jpeg
    20180716_073709 (resized).jpg
    20180716_073725 (resized).jpg

There are 3093 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 62.
    #1 1 year ago

Episodes 1-78 of Straight Down The Middle: a pinball show, are up on YouTube.

We are just two guys talking pinball. A new show every week. Each week focuses on a following segment:

- Machine Reviews
    - Top 10 Lists
    - This Month In Pinball
    - Exclusives
    - Interviews (collectors, restorers, those that tinker, retailers, and companies)
    - This or That? (choosing between different machines)

We would love your feedback about ways to make the show better. What would you like to see?

You can catch us via email at sdtmpinball@gmail.com, on Pinside at Zmeny (Zach) and Hollywoodbone (Greg), or Facebook @sdtmpinball.

Below are YouTube video links to most recent episodes.

We would appreciate all the Pinside love by subscribing to our YouTube channel, subscribing to us on Twitch, buying a shirt, and liking our page on Facebook.

Until next week,

ZMeny

Episode 78

Episode 77

Episode 76

Episode 75

Episode 74

Episode 73

Episode 72

Episode 71

Episode 70

Episode 69

Episode 68

Episode 67

Episode 66

Episode 65

Episode 64

Episode 63

Episode 62

Episode 61

Episode 60

Episode 59

Episode 58

Episode 57

Episode 56

Episode 55

Episode 54

Episode 53

Episode 52

Episode 51

Episode 50

Episode 49

Episode 48

Episode 47

Episode 46

Episode 45

#2 1 year ago

Always good to have new pinball content - I'll check it out!

#3 1 year ago

Thank you for your efforts. Feedback to follow after viewing.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Thank you for your efforts. Feedback to follow after viewing.

Thank you! Like Zach said, we learned a lot with the first set of videos that we plan on improving! Sound being the main thing along with lighting. Some editing tweeks. We do feel pretty good about content though! We are wanting to change things up a bit. Not just a bunch of game play videos. We are looking most forward to bringing you interviews with collectors, vendors, restorers, even guys that do powdercoat.

#5 1 year ago

Nice job guys! I especially liked the part where you mentioned that guy who sells the Escalera hand truck! See you in Louisville.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Nice job guys! I especially liked the part where you mentioned that guy who sells the Escalera hand truck! See you in Louisville.

I figured you'd like that plug Larry! Thanks for the support everyone!

#8 1 year ago

I skimmed both episodes. Thanks for putting out pinball product. I have a few thoughts for you.

Why video? I ask because the first two look like your video recording a podcast. A podcast I would probably like. I have no doubt its hard to make a video interesting, but thats not my type of video/show. For video, I either like a nice interview or a narrated story.

Keep going, practice makes perfect!

Chris

#9 1 year ago

It might not be a idea to put the audio on Soundcloud as a podcast, for sure, that'd definitely up your exposure for people who listen on the bus and such.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I skimmed both episodes. Thanks for putting out pinball product. I have a few thoughts for you.
    Why video? I ask because the first two look like your video recording a podcast. A podcast I would probably like. I have no doubt its hard to make a video interesting, but thats not my type of video/show. For video, I either like a nice interview or a narrated story.
    Keep going, practice makes perfect!
    Chris

Thanks for the input much appreciated! Video works for us because many of our shows include visuals, such as Top 10 list and interviews with people's collections. We also want to go on location to retailers, distributors, companies, etc. so viewers can get a glimpse of the inside workings of Pinball. Our monthly "This Month On Pinside" episode (releasing this Monday) will be more audio-related with some still shots of recent releases.

Quoted from trunchbull:

It might not be a idea to put the audio on Soundcloud as a podcast, for sure, that'd definitely up your exposure for people who listen on the bus and such.

That's not a bad idea at all, thanks for the suggestion. We've considered doing this especially for the audio-heavy episodes.

Keep watching guys and giving feedback, much more exciting things to come from Straight Down The Middle: a pinball show.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

That's not a bad idea at all, thanks for the suggestion. We've considered doing this especially for the audio-heavy episodes.

No problem! I have a long commute so I'm always looking for podcasts.

#12 1 year ago

Great shows guys. I'll be there Next week!
    Ps; The Ringmaster is a top 3 toy Love this feature

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Great shows guys. I'll be there Next week!
    Ps; The Ringmaster is a top 3 toy Love this feature

Thank you and yes the ringmaster is pretty damn cool. I think Zach had mentioned it when we were compiling the list and it some how got lost!!! I would love to put some more time on CV fantastic game for sure.

#14 1 year ago

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, I subbed you and watched both episodes - looking forward to watching the show grow each week! I have yet to buy my first pin, but have been doing loads of research, video watching, etc. - stuff like this helps me learn even more so I appreciate the time you guys put into it. I'd enjoy hearing what both of your Top 10 pins are - or Top 10 underrated pins? A tour of your game rooms?

Keep it up!

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from AudioHaven:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, I subbed you and watched both episodes - looking forward to watching the show grow each week! I have yet to buy my first pin, but have been doing loads of research, video watching, etc. - stuff like this helps me learn even more so I appreciate the time you guys put into it. I'd enjoy hearing what both of your Top 10 pins are - or Top 10 underrated pins? A tour of your game rooms?
    Keep it up!

Wow! Thanks man. Those are great ideas and we would gladly include them in upcoming episodes. Best of luck on grabbing that first pin.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Wow! Thanks man. Those are great ideas and we would gladly include them in upcoming episodes. Best of luck on grabbing that first pin.

Thanks! It has already been a journey! I've lost out on 3 pins in the past month...just trying not to get discouraged and remain patient.

By the way, I was bummed to see Champions Pub on the worst toys list - ha! It is one of the games that I'd like to own someday. Still fun to hear you talk about the game! Anyway - can't wait to see the next episode - have fun with it and do YOUR thing!

#17 1 year ago

Nice job guys.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Batman - the rating will be generation dependent. If you remember Batman from TV as a kid (as I do) and Lyman hits it out of the park with code, it could be a borderline A title. If not, it's a C+ that could grow up to a B.

Medieval Madness, Whirlwind, Eight Ball Deluxe, AFM, Creature, Addams, and, to some extent, Stern Star Trek are top games regardless of generation. Batman 66 - not so much.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Nice job guys.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with Batman - the rating will be generation dependent. If you remember Batman from TV as a kid (as I do) and Lyman hits it out of the park with code, it could be a borderline A title. If not, it's a C+ that could grow up to a B.
    Medieval Madness, Whirlwind, Eight Ball Deluxe, AFM, Creature, Addams, and, to some extent, Stern Star Trek are top games regardless of generation. Batman 66 - not so much.

That's a great point those are classics and I would love to own an mmr, whirlwind, or Addams. You're right, if theme doesn't make the cut, gameplay better be pretty outstanding.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

That's a great point those are classics and I would love to own an mmr, whirlwind, or Addams. You're right, if theme doesn't make the cut, gameplay better be pretty outstanding.

You don't know your Pinside history ... you don't want an MMR - no coin mechs
    Stick with an original MM and you'll have a true classic.

#20 1 year ago

Love the magnetic purple leds on the BM playfield. Is this sold as a kit?

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinjunky:

Love the magnetic purple leds on the BM playfield. Is this sold as a kit?

Contact sdhelter. He makes the stadium pin lighting.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

You don't know your Pinside history ... you don't want an MMR - no coin mechs
    Stick with an original MM and you'll have a true classic.

Another talking point for the show...MM vs MMR

#23 1 year ago

SDTM Episode 3 is up!

Greg and Zach present the segment 'This Month In Pinside', a look at current events being discussed on the Pinside forum and in the pinball community. Topics discussed include forum thread 'Buyer Beware', reveals of Aerosmith and the Jetsons, and the LED/incandescent debate. Enjoy!

#24 1 year ago

Thanks and subscribed!

#25 1 year ago

Watched the first two last night . Subscribed as well.
    Keep it up.
    Maybe get some sound dampening for the garage. Lol

#26 1 year ago

looks great but buy some better mikes - also could be the echo in the garage

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Watched the first two last night . Subscribed as well.
    Keep it up.
    Maybe get some sound dampening for the garage. Lol

Ha ha I know we knew there was some echo but didn't think it was going to be that bad!!!! We are going to try and film in my basement with the mics closer in the next set of videos. Hoping it fixes the sound!

#28 1 year ago

You should have brought a change of cloths so it looks like you filmed the episodes on different days Just busting your chops - great stuff, guys. Already looking forward to the next episode!

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from AudioHaven:

You should have brought a change of cloths so it looks like you filmed the episodes on different days Just busting your chops - great stuff, guys. Already looking forward to the next episode!

That comment is above appreciated!!! I argued with zach on that point! My wife even called him out!!!!

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

That comment is above appreciated!!! I argued with zach on that point! My wife even called him out!!!!

Ha - that is awesome! Like I said, I was just busting your chops Love the show so far!

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from AudioHaven:

Ha - that is awesome! Like I said, I was just busting your chops Love the show so far!

Hahaha go ahead and tell Greg he was right. There are times we film a couple episodes on one sitting, but the real truth is that I only own one shirt...thanks for bringing it up hahaha.

Next week's video is an interview and collection overview with a local collector. Fun stuff!

#33 1 year ago

Thread updated to reflect new show. Next show drops on Monday!

We really appreciate all of the support and positive reactions thus far. Thanks Pinsiders!

#34 1 year ago

SDTM Episode 4 is up!! RomulusX interview and collection overview!

#35 1 year ago

Episode 4 is up check it out. Interview with local collector RomulusX and collection overview. Next up, exciting videos from Louisville Expo and if things work out, very cool machine review in a week or two!!!

#36 1 year ago

I really enjoyed Episode 4 - it is fun seeing someone else's collection and what makes the games special to them!

#37 1 year ago

Nice!
    That's a great concept you should try to do the show in a different game room each time!

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Nice!
    That's a great concept you should try to do the show in a different game room each time!

We are scheduling all kinds of cool places!! Stay tuned!!

#39 1 year ago

Fun podcast to watch.

First 4 episodes have been interesting and entertaining.

Wow... 20 to 30 games bought/sold in a year! Impressive.

#40 1 year ago

Just got back from Louisville Arcade and Pinball Expo 2017. What a blast! Videos are up of our Vendor Spotlight with Flip N Out Pinball and Aerosmith gameplay. Machine review video hopefully posting tomorrow!!!

#41 1 year ago

Nice Aerosmith video.
    If only Tilt Amusements had put more stickers on the game?
    On the center ramp? really? lol

#42 1 year ago

Be sure to watch the vid on Larry as well! Great guy to work with and an amazing JJP/Escalera distributer.
    It ended up being loader than expected on the floor and we thought we came prepared with lapels but they were too short for all the movement ha ha. So the audio is a little low at points but its still a really good showcase and you get some good info on Dialed In!

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Nice Aerosmith video.
    If only Tilt Amusements had put more stickers on the game?
    On the center ramp? really? lol

Gotta love trents tilt swag everywhere. Haha

#44 1 year ago

Really excited to post Episode 5 of SDTM: a pinball show.

We review Jersey Jack's Dialed In! With special guest during the overview. Let us know what you think of the review as well as your impressions on the machine.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

We review Jersey Jack's Dialed In! With special guest during the overview. Let us know what you think of the review as well as your impressions on the machine.

Looking forward to watching this one. Thanks.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

» YouTube video

Nice video guys! Well done.

Had a very similar reaction to the game at Louisville, guys. From first flips it was just fun. I didn't have to battle with the machine just to get the ball under control, which is huge--maybe it is just that the thing was set up (or "dialed in") really well. The ramps were very flowy... but you could get enough time to plan your next shot as well. That said, I didn't get much time to look up at the monitor... but could hear from a few people behind me that they liked what was going on in the monitor (the emoji mode?)

I like the flippers to feel like extensions of your fingers... if you know what I'm saying. It felt like the game was giving me enough of a "fair shake" at controlling the ball at all moments, but I could tell that a poor shot would not get rewarded.

Played a 4 player game with Steve Bowden and was leading him going into ball 3... then he doubled his score and put his initials in

It was enough to get me to put a deposit down on an LE with Larry and get a nice pic with Jack and Larry both. Donna (Larry's wife) was very nice, too.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Nice video guys! Well done.
    Had a very similar reaction to the game at Louisville, guys. From first flips it was just fun. I didn't have to battle with the machine just to get the ball under control, which is huge--maybe it is just that the thing was set up (or "dialed in") really well. The ramps were very flowy... but you could get enough time to plan your next shot as well. That said, I didn't get much time to look up at the monitor... but could hear from a few people behind me that they liked what was going on in the monitor (the emoji mode?)
    I like the flippers to feel like extensions of your fingers... if you know what I'm saying. It felt like the game was giving me enough of a "fair shake" at controlling the ball at all moments, but I could tell that a poor shot would not get rewarded.
    Played a 4 player game with Steve Bowden and was leading him going into ball 3... then he doubled his score and put his initials in
    It was enough to get me to put a deposit down on an LE with Larry and get a nice pic with Jack and Larry both. Donna (Larry's wife) was very nice, too.

Sounds like you had one hell of a time!

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

» YouTube video

DI has 5 magnets

1 for drone
    1 for threatre
    3 under PF in the middle to through the ball around during MB

You also missed something about the layout. The diverted at the top, when it drops the ball in hole is meant to almost always hit the pop bumper and make the ball go into the right orbit for a nice feed to the upper right flipper. It doesnt work ALL the time but seems to have a success rate over maybe 70% plus from what I has seen.

I share your thoughts on the layout. It just feels amazing to shoot, and better than Woz and Hobbit in that department by a mile (and I own both those machines). I'm not as enthusiastic as your guys on the about the sound/call out packages atm but that can change.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Sounds like you had one hell of a time!

It was the highlight. Jack is kinda huggy, though

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

DI has 5 magnets
    1 for drone
    1 for threatre
    3 under PF in the middle to through the ball around during MB
    You also missed something about the layout. The diverted at the top, when it drops the ball in hole is meant to almost always hit the pop bumper and make the ball go into the right orbit for a nice feed to the upper right flipper. It doesnt work ALL the time but seems to have a success rate over maybe 70% plus from what I has seen.
    I share your thoughts on the layout. It just feels amazing to shoot, and better than Woz and Hobbit in that department by a mile (and I own both those machines). I'm not as enthusiastic as your guys on the about the sound/call out packages atm but that can change.

Thanks you about the magnets! Got it in the pops but never paid attention about it throwing it to that right flipper. I'm going to have to pay attention next time. Ha ha I agree I think sounds have a bit of work. Some real strong sounds like the siren in Whirlwind would be nice.
    So I have a question for you assuming you have played two....if not all three of these games. What do you think is the better all around machine? Ghostbusters, Dialed in, or Aerosmith? Personally I love GB but I'm really thinking DI is better. It just feels right when you play it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Electronics
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 3093 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside