stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 125.
#1 7 years ago

Episodes 1-145 of Straight Down The Middle (SDTM) are up on YouTube.

We are just two guys talking pinball and arcade. A new show every week. Each week focuses on a following segment:

- Machine Reviews
- Top 10 Lists
- This Month In Pinball
- Exclusives
- Unboxings
- Interviews (collectors, restorers, those that tinker, retailers, and companies)
- This or That? (choosing between different machines)
- First Impressions

We would love your feedback about ways to make the show better. What would you like to see?

You can catch us via email at [email protected], on Pinside at Zmeny (Zach) and Hollywoodbone (Greg), or Facebook @sdtmpinball.

Below are YouTube video links to most recent episodes.

We would appreciate all the Pinside love by subscribing to our YouTube channel, subscribing to us on Twitch, buying a shirt, and liking our page on Facebook.

Until next time,

Zach & Greg

Ep 145

Ep 144

Ep 143

Ep 142

Ep 141

Ep 140

Ep 139

Pulp Fiction Pinball Featurette

Ep 138

The Godfather Pinball Featurette

Episode 137

Episode 136

Episode 135

Episode 134

Episode 133

Episode 132

Toy Story 4 Pinball Featurette

Episode 131

Episode 130

Episode 129

Episode 128

Episode 127

Episode 126

Episode 125

Episode 124

Episode 123

Episode 122

Episode 121

Episode 120

Episode 119

Episode 113

Episode 112

Episode 111

Episode 110

Episode 109

Episode 108

Episode 107

Episode 106

Episode 105

Episode 104

Episode 103

Episode 102

Episode 101

Episode 100

Episode 99

Episode 98

Episode 97

Episode 96

Episode 95

Episode 94

Episode 93

Episode 92

Episode 91

Episode 90

Episode 89

Episode 88

Episode 87

Episode 86

Episode 85

Episode 84

Episode 83

Episode 82

Episode 81

Episode 80

Episode 79

Episode 78

Episode 77

Episode 76

Episode 75

Episode 74

Episode 73

Episode 72

Episode 71

Episode 70

Episode 69

Episode 68

Episode 67

Episode 66

Episode 65

Episode 64

Episode 63

Episode 62

Episode 61

Episode 60

Episode 59

Episode 58

Episode 57

Episode 56

Episode 55

Episode 54

Episode 53

Episode 52

Episode 51

Episode 50

Episode 49

Episode 48

Episode 47

Episode 46

Episode 45

#2 7 years ago

Always good to have new pinball content - I'll check it out!

#3 7 years ago

Thank you for your efforts. Feedback to follow after viewing.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thank you for your efforts. Feedback to follow after viewing.

Thank you! Like Zach said, we learned a lot with the first set of videos that we plan on improving! Sound being the main thing along with lighting. Some editing tweeks. We do feel pretty good about content though! We are wanting to change things up a bit. Not just a bunch of game play videos. We are looking most forward to bringing you interviews with collectors, vendors, restorers, even guys that do powdercoat.

#5 7 years ago

Nice job guys! I especially liked the part where you mentioned that guy who sells the Escalera hand truck! See you in Louisville.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Nice job guys! I especially liked the part where you mentioned that guy who sells the Escalera hand truck! See you in Louisville.

I figured you'd like that plug Larry! Thanks for the support everyone!

#8 7 years ago

I skimmed both episodes. Thanks for putting out pinball product. I have a few thoughts for you.

Why video? I ask because the first two look like your video recording a podcast. A podcast I would probably like. I have no doubt its hard to make a video interesting, but thats not my type of video/show. For video, I either like a nice interview or a narrated story.

Keep going, practice makes perfect!

Chris

#9 7 years ago

It might not be a idea to put the audio on Soundcloud as a podcast, for sure, that'd definitely up your exposure for people who listen on the bus and such.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I skimmed both episodes. Thanks for putting out pinball product. I have a few thoughts for you.
Why video? I ask because the first two look like your video recording a podcast. A podcast I would probably like. I have no doubt its hard to make a video interesting, but thats not my type of video/show. For video, I either like a nice interview or a narrated story.
Keep going, practice makes perfect!
Chris

Thanks for the input much appreciated! Video works for us because many of our shows include visuals, such as Top 10 list and interviews with people's collections. We also want to go on location to retailers, distributors, companies, etc. so viewers can get a glimpse of the inside workings of Pinball. Our monthly "This Month On Pinside" episode (releasing this Monday) will be more audio-related with some still shots of recent releases.

Quoted from trunchbull:

It might not be a idea to put the audio on Soundcloud as a podcast, for sure, that'd definitely up your exposure for people who listen on the bus and such.

That's not a bad idea at all, thanks for the suggestion. We've considered doing this especially for the audio-heavy episodes.

Keep watching guys and giving feedback, much more exciting things to come from Straight Down The Middle: a pinball show.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That's not a bad idea at all, thanks for the suggestion. We've considered doing this especially for the audio-heavy episodes.

No problem! I have a long commute so I'm always looking for podcasts.

#12 7 years ago

Great shows guys. I'll be there Next week!
Ps; The Ringmaster is a top 3 toy Love this feature

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Great shows guys. I'll be there Next week!
Ps; The Ringmaster is a top 3 toy Love this feature

Thank you and yes the ringmaster is pretty damn cool. I think Zach had mentioned it when we were compiling the list and it some how got lost!!! I would love to put some more time on CV fantastic game for sure.

#14 7 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, I subbed you and watched both episodes - looking forward to watching the show grow each week! I have yet to buy my first pin, but have been doing loads of research, video watching, etc. - stuff like this helps me learn even more so I appreciate the time you guys put into it. I'd enjoy hearing what both of your Top 10 pins are - or Top 10 underrated pins? A tour of your game rooms?

Keep it up!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, I subbed you and watched both episodes - looking forward to watching the show grow each week! I have yet to buy my first pin, but have been doing loads of research, video watching, etc. - stuff like this helps me learn even more so I appreciate the time you guys put into it. I'd enjoy hearing what both of your Top 10 pins are - or Top 10 underrated pins? A tour of your game rooms?
Keep it up!

Wow! Thanks man. Those are great ideas and we would gladly include them in upcoming episodes. Best of luck on grabbing that first pin.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Wow! Thanks man. Those are great ideas and we would gladly include them in upcoming episodes. Best of luck on grabbing that first pin.

Thanks! It has already been a journey! I've lost out on 3 pins in the past month...just trying not to get discouraged and remain patient.

By the way, I was bummed to see Champions Pub on the worst toys list - ha! It is one of the games that I'd like to own someday. Still fun to hear you talk about the game! Anyway - can't wait to see the next episode - have fun with it and do YOUR thing!

#17 7 years ago

Nice job guys.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Batman - the rating will be generation dependent. If you remember Batman from TV as a kid (as I do) and Lyman hits it out of the park with code, it could be a borderline A title. If not, it's a C+ that could grow up to a B.

Medieval Madness, Whirlwind, Eight Ball Deluxe, AFM, Creature, Addams, and, to some extent, Stern Star Trek are top games regardless of generation. Batman 66 - not so much.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nice job guys.
I think you hit the nail on the head with Batman - the rating will be generation dependent. If you remember Batman from TV as a kid (as I do) and Lyman hits it out of the park with code, it could be a borderline A title. If not, it's a C+ that could grow up to a B.
Medieval Madness, Whirlwind, Eight Ball Deluxe, AFM, Creature, Addams, and, to some extent, Stern Star Trek are top games regardless of generation. Batman 66 - not so much.

That's a great point those are classics and I would love to own an mmr, whirlwind, or Addams. You're right, if theme doesn't make the cut, gameplay better be pretty outstanding.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That's a great point those are classics and I would love to own an mmr, whirlwind, or Addams. You're right, if theme doesn't make the cut, gameplay better be pretty outstanding.

You don't know your Pinside history ... you don't want an MMR - no coin mechs
Stick with an original MM and you'll have a true classic.

#20 7 years ago

Love the magnetic purple leds on the BM playfield. Is this sold as a kit?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Love the magnetic purple leds on the BM playfield. Is this sold as a kit?

Contact sdhelter. He makes the stadium pin lighting.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You don't know your Pinside history ... you don't want an MMR - no coin mechs
Stick with an original MM and you'll have a true classic.

Another talking point for the show...MM vs MMR

#23 7 years ago

SDTM Episode 3 is up!

Greg and Zach present the segment 'This Month In Pinside', a look at current events being discussed on the Pinside forum and in the pinball community. Topics discussed include forum thread 'Buyer Beware', reveals of Aerosmith and the Jetsons, and the LED/incandescent debate. Enjoy!

#24 7 years ago

Thanks and subscribed!

#25 7 years ago

Watched the first two last night . Subscribed as well.
Keep it up.
Maybe get some sound dampening for the garage. Lol

#26 7 years ago

looks great but buy some better mikes - also could be the echo in the garage

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Watched the first two last night . Subscribed as well.
Keep it up.
Maybe get some sound dampening for the garage. Lol

Ha ha I know we knew there was some echo but didn't think it was going to be that bad!!!! We are going to try and film in my basement with the mics closer in the next set of videos. Hoping it fixes the sound!

#28 7 years ago

You should have brought a change of cloths so it looks like you filmed the episodes on different days Just busting your chops - great stuff, guys. Already looking forward to the next episode!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

You should have brought a change of cloths so it looks like you filmed the episodes on different days Just busting your chops - great stuff, guys. Already looking forward to the next episode!

That comment is above appreciated!!! I argued with zach on that point! My wife even called him out!!!!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

That comment is above appreciated!!! I argued with zach on that point! My wife even called him out!!!!

Ha - that is awesome! Like I said, I was just busting your chops Love the show so far!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Ha - that is awesome! Like I said, I was just busting your chops Love the show so far!

Hahaha go ahead and tell Greg he was right. There are times we film a couple episodes on one sitting, but the real truth is that I only own one shirt...thanks for bringing it up hahaha.

Next week's video is an interview and collection overview with a local collector. Fun stuff!

#32 7 years ago

Thread name edited at the request of OP.

#33 7 years ago

Thread updated to reflect new show. Next show drops on Monday!

We really appreciate all of the support and positive reactions thus far. Thanks Pinsiders!

#34 7 years ago

SDTM Episode 4 is up!! RomulusX interview and collection overview!

#35 7 years ago

Episode 4 is up check it out. Interview with local collector RomulusX and collection overview. Next up, exciting videos from Louisville Expo and if things work out, very cool machine review in a week or two!!!

#36 7 years ago

I really enjoyed Episode 4 - it is fun seeing someone else's collection and what makes the games special to them!

#37 7 years ago

Nice!
That's a great concept you should try to do the show in a different game room each time!

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Nice!
That's a great concept you should try to do the show in a different game room each time!

We are scheduling all kinds of cool places!! Stay tuned!!

#39 7 years ago

Fun podcast to watch.

First 4 episodes have been interesting and entertaining.

Wow... 20 to 30 games bought/sold in a year! Impressive.

#40 7 years ago

Just got back from Louisville Arcade and Pinball Expo 2017. What a blast! Videos are up of our Vendor Spotlight with Flip N Out Pinball and Aerosmith gameplay. Machine review video hopefully posting tomorrow!!!

#41 7 years ago

Nice Aerosmith video.
If only Tilt Amusements had put more stickers on the game?
On the center ramp? really? lol

#42 7 years ago

Be sure to watch the vid on Larry as well! Great guy to work with and an amazing JJP/Escalera distributer.
It ended up being loader than expected on the floor and we thought we came prepared with lapels but they were too short for all the movement ha ha. So the audio is a little low at points but its still a really good showcase and you get some good info on Dialed In!

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Nice Aerosmith video.
If only Tilt Amusements had put more stickers on the game?
On the center ramp? really? lol

Gotta love trents tilt swag everywhere. Haha

#44 7 years ago

Really excited to post Episode 5 of SDTM: a pinball show.

We review Jersey Jack's Dialed In! With special guest during the overview. Let us know what you think of the review as well as your impressions on the machine.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We review Jersey Jack's Dialed In! With special guest during the overview. Let us know what you think of the review as well as your impressions on the machine.

Looking forward to watching this one. Thanks.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

» YouTube video

Nice video guys! Well done.

Had a very similar reaction to the game at Louisville, guys. From first flips it was just fun. I didn't have to battle with the machine just to get the ball under control, which is huge--maybe it is just that the thing was set up (or "dialed in") really well. The ramps were very flowy... but you could get enough time to plan your next shot as well. That said, I didn't get much time to look up at the monitor... but could hear from a few people behind me that they liked what was going on in the monitor (the emoji mode?)

I like the flippers to feel like extensions of your fingers... if you know what I'm saying. It felt like the game was giving me enough of a "fair shake" at controlling the ball at all moments, but I could tell that a poor shot would not get rewarded.

Played a 4 player game with Steve Bowden and was leading him going into ball 3... then he doubled his score and put his initials in

It was enough to get me to put a deposit down on an LE with Larry and get a nice pic with Jack and Larry both. Donna (Larry's wife) was very nice, too.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Nice video guys! Well done.
Had a very similar reaction to the game at Louisville, guys. From first flips it was just fun. I didn't have to battle with the machine just to get the ball under control, which is huge--maybe it is just that the thing was set up (or "dialed in") really well. The ramps were very flowy... but you could get enough time to plan your next shot as well. That said, I didn't get much time to look up at the monitor... but could hear from a few people behind me that they liked what was going on in the monitor (the emoji mode?)
I like the flippers to feel like extensions of your fingers... if you know what I'm saying. It felt like the game was giving me enough of a "fair shake" at controlling the ball at all moments, but I could tell that a poor shot would not get rewarded.
Played a 4 player game with Steve Bowden and was leading him going into ball 3... then he doubled his score and put his initials in
It was enough to get me to put a deposit down on an LE with Larry and get a nice pic with Jack and Larry both. Donna (Larry's wife) was very nice, too.

Sounds like you had one hell of a time!

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

» YouTube video

DI has 5 magnets

1 for drone
1 for threatre
3 under PF in the middle to through the ball around during MB

You also missed something about the layout. The diverted at the top, when it drops the ball in hole is meant to almost always hit the pop bumper and make the ball go into the right orbit for a nice feed to the upper right flipper. It doesnt work ALL the time but seems to have a success rate over maybe 70% plus from what I has seen.

I share your thoughts on the layout. It just feels amazing to shoot, and better than Woz and Hobbit in that department by a mile (and I own both those machines). I'm not as enthusiastic as your guys on the about the sound/call out packages atm but that can change.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sounds like you had one hell of a time!

It was the highlight. Jack is kinda huggy, though

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

DI has 5 magnets
1 for drone
1 for threatre
3 under PF in the middle to through the ball around during MB
You also missed something about the layout. The diverted at the top, when it drops the ball in hole is meant to almost always hit the pop bumper and make the ball go into the right orbit for a nice feed to the upper right flipper. It doesnt work ALL the time but seems to have a success rate over maybe 70% plus from what I has seen.
I share your thoughts on the layout. It just feels amazing to shoot, and better than Woz and Hobbit in that department by a mile (and I own both those machines). I'm not as enthusiastic as your guys on the about the sound/call out packages atm but that can change.

Thanks you about the magnets! Got it in the pops but never paid attention about it throwing it to that right flipper. I'm going to have to pay attention next time. Ha ha I agree I think sounds have a bit of work. Some real strong sounds like the siren in Whirlwind would be nice.
So I have a question for you assuming you have played two....if not all three of these games. What do you think is the better all around machine? Ghostbusters, Dialed in, or Aerosmith? Personally I love GB but I'm really thinking DI is better. It just feels right when you play it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.